• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic A Purpose Under Heaven - OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Excuse me. Is there any room for a slow but massive weapons platform?
You might have to "accidentally" stomp on some carbon-based lifeforms to get into position, but I think we can manage.

Can our Meatbag characters be the one who found/activated our Robot character?
Maybe.

I've had some bad experiences with players who make their own cast of 4 to 5 characters, only interact with themselves, and use their sheer number of characters to push the story out of my control.

Now, I'm certainly not accusing someone I've just met of having ill-intentions...

But I will find it very suspicious if your two characters find each other, go off on their own adventure, and then never interact much with the rest of the group!

Maybe.

I've had some bad experiences with players who make their own cast of 4 to 5 characters, only interact with themselves, and use their sheer number of characters to push the story out of my control.

Now, I'm certainly not accusing someone I've just met of having ill-intentions...

But I will find it very suspicious if your two characters find each other, go off on their own adventure, and then never interact much with the rest of the group!
Ive got a wonderful solution to this problem…

what if my meatbag found someone elses robot?

Keep Talking Idris Elba GIF

Thanks! Little Kitty is from apofiss, who draws just the most adorable cats :D

Tobbie Robots are these little toys with basic AI that can follow your hands and avoid obstacles. Very cute and smol, about 2 inches tall
41DKJqaK4KL._AC_SY580_.jpg

Look at em
turn them into grenades and i am happy.

Damafaud Damafaud I'll say! apofiss knows what they're doing! =)

The Tobbie-bots are, yes, very cute.

What kind of Character are you thinking of making?

I've been wondering about how our factions will affect our team, if that is what we are intended to be. If we are playing people and robots from different factions, why in the world would we be, say, found all at the same time? Unless our robots were at the equivalent of a modern-day car show or something?
Excuse me. Is there any room for a slow but massive weapons platform?
TheForce TheForce When you say "massive," are you thinking Gargantuan size? Huge?

If we are playing people and robots from different factions, why in the world would we be, say, found all at the same time? Unless our robots were at the equivalent of a modern-day car show or something?
Chalk this one up to me not updating the thread fast enough.

One, this is the type of story where the player characters "all meet at a tavern". Or rather, you all meet in an ancient battlefield, in what appears to be somewhere near the Great Lakes, but a thousand years in the future. Something about forcing strangers to unironically repeat the phrase "post-apocalyptic Michigan" appeals to me.

Two, at this point in time, factions for robots are more about backstory flavor, compared to factions for humans which feed into some political struggles that the robots will soon be asked to take sides in.

Three, it's almost 2am, cut me some slack!

Also on my to-do list: NPCs.
  • Celeste: A space station powered by artificial intelligence, not technically a robot since she doesn't have, like, hands or shit. Wants a eensy teensy favor.
  • Ravager, Vanguard, Albion, Liberty: A quartet that robots that get named in the original interest check, but never expounded upon. Their names exist and can be claimed for any player character that ideally happens to be an American or British robot.
  • Brother Toad Todd: I don't know how this fucker chooses to believe the Earth is flat in the year 3100, but have fun giving him an existential crisis!
And as far as world history goes, there's still books, and there's still oral history, though, again, censorship and controlling flow of information is going to be a running source of conflict throughout the story.

Three, it's almost 2am, cut me some slack!
Ha ha ha! Always, welian! And while you are getting cut some slack, please do see from this Dannigan's eyes - you have invited a long-time lifelong ADHD-empowered/inflicted roleplayer who genuinely desires to put more into a game than he takes. Your game, your story, your characters, atmosphere, all of it - mean something to me. I like what you have already. I didn't join this game just because I saw some familiar names involved - I joined primarily because I believe in your ability to bring your world to life.

And if a curious fellow like me is asking questions, then it is only because you have me truly interested, good welian! =)

On another note, I'm redoing my Character sheet in an effort to minimize the reading necessary to get the Character's bigger picture while answering the questions you have asked. Plus, I find myself polishing and polishing because I just can't bring myself to make half-baked Characters. It's either go cosmic, go wild, go crazy, or go home for this Dannigan. =)

Hmm? Oh, I'm just letting you know straight-up how I feel. Ask Kaerri - what you see is what you get with me. If it makes you feel good, that's good too! I'm just glad you don't mind someone like me in your game. I come with a lot of energy and I'm grateful for any GM who will have me. =)

"a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace."

Ooh! Ecclesiates! Hah! If it were me, I would give credit for the quote. =)

So... humanity's downfall is seen as a holy war of sorts? Heavy! =)

In the face of nuclear war, runaway climate change, and what seems like the literal end of the world, I'd imagine that many, MANY people found comfort in the philosophies and rituals of religion.

Besides... a giant robot is just a Jewish golem! It's just made of steel instead of clay, and instead of truth inscribed on a tablet and placed in the golem's head, we flatten a rock, fill it with lightning, and tell it to pick up this gun and shoot people we don't like.

And truth is humanity is evil and THAT'S THE THIRD FACTION I FORGOT ABOUT.

I FORGOT ABOUT THE EVIL ROBOTS WHAT THE FUCK WELI YOU HAD ONE JOB

HA ha ha!! Forgive yourself already? You've been busy, I'm sure! Plus, am I the only one that figured we had combat-capable opponents somewhere? You don't put big guns into a game without something worth shooting at.

EDIT: I'm also having fun remaking BOOP with BOOP 2.0 here. Wait until you see what I've named BOOP's transformable jet. =)

EDIT: welian welian Hey Weli! Give yourself a break! It's (probably) 3 a.m. where you are! Hah!

Last edited:
Groooooorgh!~ Humans!

I'm coming with my Amphibious prototipe. It's graded as a structure builder of military grade. It resulted affected under colateral circumstances during WW3 and has remained off-line untill now. It will be able to be upgraded and has no transformations but land-water vehicle modifications. As said before it's purpose is for building stuctures, a builder for underwater/land terrains. Still thinking into why and how it end up damaged before the apocalypsis started but survived up to the present times.

I get my inspiration from this toy:
[ATTACH type="full"]928585[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Hc7a29106380241349cc9a3df7b85d362Z.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.jpg
    Hc7a29106380241349cc9a3df7b85d362Z.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1
Too cool, Mr Phoebius! =) That looks neat!

welian welian Background: While I am tempted to write over 500 words because that would mean a house-visit by Weli (you said so here! "Describe your character's backstory. It can be as short as the overview, but any more than 500 words and I will personally go to your house and unplug your keyboard)." Well, if that's all it takes.... C'mon and unplug a keyboard! Kaerri and I would love to have you over! Ha ha! =)

Also, I think my Character is complete? I made a few changes and I like this "2.0" a bit better. =)

Quick question. How big is too big? Is 60-80 meters doable?

edit: ignore this im seeing that 60 meters might very well be too much based on the rest of the cast. Perhaps something more like 30.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back