• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic A Purpose Under Heaven - OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I like metric! Metric makes sense!

I intend to have Super thick backside for storing tiny mechs.
I'm in a silly mood. Is this where we start with the "thicc" jokes? "I like big mechs and I cannot lie?" =)

Can my smallish transformable fighter perch on yours like a parrot on a pirate's shoulder?

Seriously, what's your Character's purpose? Roving all-purpose battle platform? Walking artillery piece? Something else?

talking episode 4 GIF

I like metric! Metric makes sense!

I'm in a silly mood. Is this where we start with the "thicc" jokes? "I like big mechs and I cannot lie?" =)

Can my smallish transformable fighter perch on yours like a parrot on a pirate's shoulder?

Seriously, what's your Character's purpose? Roving all-purpose battle platform? Walking artillery piece? Something else?

talking episode 4 GIF
A cross between artillery, Repair platform, and Carrier. The general idea is he is a fortrese that can be deployed quickly and secure an area but he isnt really all that impressive at dealing with mobile foes so he has smaller spider tanks and makes himself useful to other mechs with repair and storage capacity.

And yes you may perch upon him.

Humans! I will delay another week to create my character sheet. Don't wait for me anyway my robot is just the support kind.

Question, for a mech am I allowed to have a walking gargantuan siege weapon?

Edit: I see we already have someone considering that, maybe I should reconsider

Last edited:
Hm, I was going for a crop harvester turn corpse harvester, but seeing two huge robots already I am now entertaining something smaller. Murder roomba or companionship little thing like Tobbie Robot but smarter
This actually came up as a source of humor for me a few days ago!

1636225559822.png

Question, for a mech am I allowed to have a walking gargantuan siege weapon?

Edit: I see we already have someone considering that, maybe I should reconsider
Its looking like ill be leaning more towards a support platform with carry capacity, minor repair capacity and Alot of Zone control. If you want to make a Gargantuan Mobile weapons platform it could totally specialize in close to mid range as my dude will be more long range relying on smaller mechs for close range support. What do ya say?

Also i may need help with certain parameters for the mech. Anyone good with tech mumbo jumbo that wants to help me design tbe less obvious systems of Reggie?

s looking like ill be leaning more towards a support platform with carry capacity, minor repair capacity and Alot of Zone control. If you want to make a Gargantuan Mobile weapons platform it could totally specialize in close to mid range as my dude will be more long range relying on smaller mechs for close range support. What do ya say?

I was thinking of making a mech that's four legged, not that tall but wide and long, and essentially just goes "fuck everything in this specific direction"

I was thinking of making a mech that's four legged, not that tall but wide and long, and essentially just goes "fuck everything in this specific direction"
Mines a spider. Do you have a pic? I wanna see the four legged one.
3F3F1181-63B3-4A1C-AA1B-A4D6CF53461F.jpeg
similar idea being long, wide, and heavy. 112ft from foot to head, 173ft from front to back with a similar leg span. Its made to secure a point, make it a sort of safe zone or base, and deploy smaller tanks, jets, and mechs. Its mid range capabilities are pretty limited as it has 35mm anti air autocannons, missile clusters in each of its knee joints, a railgun on its left arm, and its greatest weapon a long range Icbm in place of its right arm. The icbm launcher is actually what caused this guy to stop being produced, its advantage is its range…which vastly exceeded the mechs own targeting range. Thus without air support it couldnt really use its primary weapon effectively. That paired with its huge resource consumption in production, and its seeming inability to keep up with more agile mechs in combat without support raised the question of “why not just make five or six mechs out of what would go into this one.”

Mines a spider. Do you have a pic? I wanna see the four legged one.
View attachment 928659
similar idea being long, wide, and heavy. 112ft from foot to head, 173ft from front to back with a similar leg span. Its made to secure a point, make it a sort of safe zone or base, and deploy smaller tanks, jets, and mechs. Its mid range capabilities are pretty limited as it has 35mm anti air autocannons, missile clusters in each of its knee joints, a railgun on its left arm, and its greatest weapon a long range Icbm in place of its right arm. The icbm launcher is actually what caused this guy to stop being produced, its advantage is its range…which vastly exceeded the mechs own targeting range. Thus without air support it couldnt really use its primary weapon effectively. That paired with its huge resource consumption in production, and its seeming inability to keep up with more agile mechs in combat without support raised the question of “why not just make five or six mechs out of what would go into this one.”

Close to mine. What I have in mind is a mobile siege platform, though with the idea of hunting down enemy mechs or laying waste to installations in mind. Basically, the primary weapon would be a laser assembly that can only really fire at anything somewhere in front of the machine, but it would more or less melt through hostiles with extended laser contact. It would also probably have a laser AMS, intended for intercepting shells, missiles, etc. and of course way less powerful. It could also carry cruise missiles for blowing the shit out of something it can't really get to with it's main weapon (those will be a joy to produce), say a buried structure. Oh and of course, it's nuclear.

I'm trying to stay away from using too many kinetic weaponry since I can't really manufacture complex components, and good luck making microprocessors in this day and age lol.

Close to mine. What I have in mind is a mobile siege platform, though with the idea of hunting down enemy mechs or laying waste to installations in mind. Basically, the primary weapon would be a laser assembly that can only really fire at anything somewhere in front of the machine, but it would more or less melt through hostiles with extended laser contact. It would also probably have a laser AMS, intended for intercepting shells, missiles, etc. and of course way less powerful. It could also carry cruise missiles for blowing the shit out of something it can't really get to with it's main weapon (those will be a joy to produce), say a buried structure. Oh and of course, it's nuclear.

I'm trying to stay away from using too many kinetic weaponry since I can't really manufacture complex components, and good luck making microprocessors in this day and age lol.
Ah crap missle production, thats a good point. Pergaps i aughta make mine a melee Gargantua. Of couse that would be a different design but ive got plenty in mind.

Alternatively i could produce an Aquatic hunter who rules the seas.

Would your mech be inclined to form alliances? If that is the case i could try and fill in the gaps your mech has and likewise kinda forming a symbiotic relationship.

Ah crap missle production, thats a good point. Pergaps i aughta make mine a melee Gargantua. Of couse that would be a different design but ive got plenty in mind.

Alternatively i could produce an Aquatic hunter who rules the seas.

Would your mech be inclined to form alliances? If that is the case i could try and fill in the gaps your mech has and likewise kinda forming a symbiotic relationship.

So long as you don't bear weapons, probably. It also feels kinda unfair to have my main cannon out of the gate but I'll just have to see how that develops, so I'd likely only have my AMS system (which could still be annoying to deal with, since it kinda fills the role of a CIWS/C-RAM system, and is intended to cook things in the air)

So long as you don't bear weapons, probably. It also feels kinda unfair to have my main cannon out of the gate but I'll just have to see how that develops, so I'd likely only have my AMS system (which could still be annoying to deal with, since it kinda fills the role of a CIWS/C-RAM system, and is intended to cook things in the air)
Im actually running an idea by the gm that i think will be a good Well rounded mech concept ill get back to you when thats done and see about intertwining our pasts and becoming mech buddies.

Im actually running an idea by the gm that i think will be a good Well rounded mech concept ill get back to you when thats done and see about intertwining our pasts and becoming mech buddies.
I'm used to talking to GMs and stuff on Discord, little unfamiliar doing ooc like this

Senhara Senhara

Perhaps you might consider something like the Mobile Spider Gun Platform from Masamune Shirow's excellent Appleseed series?

I tried to post a picture, but I'm having issues on my phone.

Purr Purr don’t worry my new design will also include perch capabilities for my wing bros.
Cool! =)

I hope both of your ideas for making what sounds like mobile battle stations is fun for you. I didn't want to make something quite that big because I didn't know how it would affect roleplaying opportunities with smaller creatures/robots.

I mean, what happens if we have to go into a huge-sized cavern or complex? Your guys are going to be just left out in the cold? How does that work?

Senhara Senhara

Perhaps you might consider something like the Mobile Spider Gun Platform from Masamune Shirow's excellent Appleseed series?

I tried to post a picture, but I'm having issues on my phone.

Cool! =)

I hope both of your ideas for making what sounds like mobile battle stations is fun for you. I didn't want to make something quite that big because I didn't know how it would affect roleplaying opportunities with smaller creatures/robots.

I mean, what happens if we have to go into a huge-sized cavern or complex? Your guys are going to be just left out in the cold? How does that work?
I did actually take that into consideration with the newer design. They will still be gargantuans but they will be a good deal smaller than mister big spider.

Plus i thought arms were a requirement.
I sure hope not, my mech wouldn't have arms and I have no idea if arms could even work on it without getting shot off or snapped by the legs as they articulate.

Thought about it, it's simple, my laser cannon becomes an excavator by melting the rock. In all seriousness though, I'd just stand guard.

Re: Mobile Spider Gun Platform. That's the one. If that's not up to your taste, do you have a strong picture of what you have in mind?

Re: arms. You're right. I was just thinking that retractable arms or arm-like appendages could be added to almost any kind of robot.

I'm asking because I want everybody in this game to have fun. While I'm sure we'll be given a purpose that will keep us all together, the more we know about each other's characters, the better.

Re: Mobile Spider Gun Platform. That's the one. If that's not up to your taste, do you have a strong picture of what you have in mind?

Re: arms. You're right. I was just thinking that retractable arms or arm-like appendages could be added to almost any kind of robot.

I'm asking because I want everybody in this game to have fun. While I'm sure we'll be given a purpose that will keep us all together, the more we know about each other's characters, the better.
I'm thinking a cross between the Halo 3 Scarab, AC4A's Land Crab AF for inspiration and base material for the chassi design, and a bit of things I like. Main weapon is definitely very similar to the Scarab's but Actually Useful[TM]. Oh, also, no real interior meant for humans because when that thing is moving a human would just get thrown around like a ragdoll.

As for arms, you raise a good point, maybe retractable ones on the underside of the main chassis near the laser assembly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back