• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A new start(Ebony Rose)

The young woman quietly sighed, looking upwards briefly as if listening to something only she could hear. “Yeah I still haven’t changed Vio. Guess I’ll always be your timid baby sister, huh?” She mused before starting to doze off herself for awhile. “Then again, maybe you can finally get me to sleep without the nightmares for once. If so, I’ll thank you for sending this one.”

Around Dawn Melody awoke from a fitful rest. Light brown eyes opened slowly finding herself in an embrace that was not just warm but felt like..like safety wrapped around her. Seeing the sleeping face of Vio struck a chord in her half asleep mind as she reached a hand up to gently trace a finger across the sleeping girls face. She couldn't help thinking that in her sleep Vio looked almost peaceful. With a small smile she laid her head back down to rest against Vio's shoulder, eyes closing to just listen. The lullaby of Vio's breathing and her heartbeat put her back to a half sleeping state, her arms pulled around the other girl in a loose grip.

Vio continued to doze, lightly whining from the possibility of having to wake up just yet. However she soon returned to her blissful slumber. Her choppy crimson hair did somewhat frame her face after all, not quite as carelessly cut as first impression might suggest. Yet did she sleep with those contacts in as well? The idea of her so rarely removing them couldn’t be healthy.

A booming knock echoed on the door. It made Melody groan and clutch onto Vio tighter. "Go away!" she said with half slurred words. She didn't like being an early riser, it sucked in her opinion no matter the cause for it. A second booming knock answered her yell. Growling as she wiped at her eyes she let go of Vio and sat up, she grabbed the nearest object, a solid ball of what looked like iron, before chucking it at the door. "I SAID GO AWAY! PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO FRICKIN SLEEP!"

Vio drowsily reached for the gun on the nightstand, full of nothing but blanks just for this occasion, and fired. After hearing the whining noise from the other side, she nodded, yawned, and cuddled right back against Melody. Thankfully she had removed the contacts but she didn’t open her eyes enough for her natural color to be visible. Only the lack of vivid red showed before the young woman fell asleep again.

The sound of the gun going off didn't disturb her as much as she thought it might for not being fully awake. Feeling the warm body cuddle up to her shot a warmth through her veins. Looking down she was surprised to see a lack of red in the brief flash of Vio's eyes. They weren't open long enough to see the natural color but the distinct lack of red was welcoming. Eyes like fire were all well and good for dealing with enemies but something kinder, something real was ideal for everything else. Running a calming hand over Vio's hair she hummed softly carding her fingers through the red strands. "Shh, go back to bed" she said with a near whisper voice as her humming ended. Only once Vio was back to sleep completely did she shift the other girl a little so that her head was resting on her lap. "Sleep and dream Vio, I'm right here."

Vio slept for awhile longer without being haunted by the nightmares that typically kept her awake. Hours later, at last she woke up wanting to do something other than sleep more. “Food. Cerberus does always tell me I’m needing to eat more.” She yawned, mumbling as she tried getting more awake. “Sleep alright, Melody? You’re really warm so I bunked.”

Melody stretched her legs out a little as she watched Vio sleep. She looked so peaceful asleep that it was a shame she had to wake the other girl. "I slept alright I guess" she said. The statement that she was warm made her blush slightly. She was glad her presence, her warmth, seemed to be what helped Vio rest comfortable. "We should probably get out there before Jewel pops in with a with a tray announcing that us sleeping this long in the same room means we're getting married or something." Not that she would be against it, she liked women, but she hardly knew Vio and she was wholly uncertain about this whole world she lived half in.

Last edited:
“Come on then. The cafeteria area probably saved us something or another.” Vio once again yawned as she sat up, reaching for the contact case on the nightstand. Her eyes finally opened at last revealed an amethyst that put the gemstones themselves to shame. Considering her reputation as more formidable than a seductive creature, naturally she decided to go with a change of color for business. “They’re not too fae like are they?”

Melody was awestruck by the color of Vio's eyes when they were opened all the way. Unlike the red color contacts the amethyst color was... "Beautiful" she couldn't help saying with an awed and slightly breathy tone. Though the color was incredibly fey like but she couldn't help thinking it suit Vio. There was a certain mystic quality that was far more mesmerizing than the red that she couldn't place. It was something that she could get used to seeing though. Then it hit her she had said Vio's eye color, her natural color, was beautiful OUT LOUD. "I-It suits you" she said shyly and made for the door. God, why was she acting like a schoolgirl with her first crush!?!

"Are you two done pawing each others clothes off yet? We got work to do boss!" a voice hollered through the door.

An embarrassed 'eep!' escaped Melody's lips at the yell. Did they really think that they had done... Shaking her head fiercely she tried to contain her embarrassment.

Vio gave Melody a small smile of appreciation before slipping the contacts on and answering the door. “Morning!” She greeted with a grin before grabbing the poor bastard into the room by their hair and kicking their legs out via a painful blow behind the knee. “I will personally teach you what respect is if you need the lesson. Is that clear?” She asked, her voice resembling what it probably sounded like listening to a noble to their servant.

Jewel appeared just moments after the man seemed to nod his head that Vio's words were clear. She made a beeline for the pretty lady and hugged her tight. It was apparent to her eyes that she seemed to be a bit better than last night, there would undoubtedly be more episodes for her to completely come to terms that she killed two men, but the embarrassment was only a balm that would work only so long. Deciding to be cute, who could resist a cute kid like her, she looked up with an innocent expression. "Are you going to become my other mom like big sis pretty lady?"

If Melody could choke on her spit she would have. There was chaos and then there was unmitigated insanity.

Laughter echoed from the living area where the guys, Cerberus included, and Camilla were sipping coffee.

"I don't know about being your other mom but I don't mind being your friend" Melody said gently patting Jewel on the head. It wasn't what the child asked for but it was all she could promise for now.

Vio found her cheeks trying to match her hair now, looking as if she honestly could have done without her ward playing Cupid. "Dear Hades someone just get my caffeine and something for Melody's breakfast. Cerberus, what's the day supposed to doing?" She asked, meaning anything she needed done or to do herself. Now if only anyone could figure out why she seemed prone to such odd phrasing that would be a miracle.

Instead of just standing embarrassed, she lead Melody to sit down while attempting to ship Jewel to finish breakfast so she could go to her lessons. At least then she might be saved.

Melody let herself be led to the table while prying Jewel from her body. She didn't fault the kid for looking out Vio's happiness, something told her that Vio ignored it pretty frequently to tend to to Jewel's happiness, but to ask that of her when they hadn't known each other a full day yet.

"Well, that would entirely depend. On one hand you have you a day full of meetings with the heads of the various organizations at our disposal. On the other you and little miss congeniality were both shot at, nice shooting by the way taking them out, and we can storm the Rodrigo Cartel operations base down at the pier" Cerberus said with a shrug placing the mug of coffee before Vio and turned his gaze to Melody who squirmed. "Kitchens that way, don't know what you eat so help yourself." His gaze turned back to Vio. "I'd suggest dealing with the cartel before anything else. The idiot twins can keep an eye on her" his head inclined to Melody "and Jewel here. I don't think they want to incur your wrath after the teasing this morning."

Jewel pouted at the obvious attempt to shove her off to lessons. As much as it was a serious question, it was also to lighten the mood. Sulking around her cereal she ate with slumped shoulders. All she wanted was her sister to be happy and be with the woman that, given all the body language and how they interacted with each other, for all intents and purposes she seemed to be falling in love with incredibly quickly.

Vio nodded, sipping at the coffee thoughtfully. "Killing sounds fun, really really fun." She decided, pulling her knife from the wall and returning it to its sheath. "Brother dearest always scolded about it but I can't help being bi-polar, split personality, whatever they called it. Nightmares for months can be dealt with later, killing rush comes first." She decided, chuckling to herself as she pulled out the deck of cards with a hum. Shuffling them for a few moments, the two cards this time was the joker along with ace of diamonds. "Perfect. Just perfect."

Melody couldn't help a squeezing in her gut at way Vio seemed so casual about going to murder people. Yes, they tried to murder them yesterday but... Deciding to put it out of mind she quietly made her way toward the kitchen area to pick through what was there. There wasn't very much which came as no surprise to her. This place was pretty spartan since it was a safe house her mind kicked back. The chuckle and comment about the rush of killing being first before nightmares made her freeze again. It wasn't right. It wasn't right at all and... Her chest tightened a lot as she felt a minor panic attack rush through her veins. She needed to get out of here. She needed to get away. To a dark place. She...

Camilla saw the start of the panic attack rising and nudged Vio. "Maybe calm down your girlfriend before you murder a cartel of people boss? Maybe remember what you told the munchkin about people not like us" she said rolling her eyes,

"And people ask why I hate my life." Vio muttered before knocking out her java and going after Melody. Unable to come up with anything to excuse her dual nature, she wrapped her arms around her from behind. "Don't leave me too. Mother got sick and they killed Brother. Father never could stand the sight of me, it was always painful when he got angry." She admitted almost too quietly to hear, finally coming clean about what she could never tell anyone else. "The servants just watched, turned away like nothing ever was going on. I still hate them for it."

Melody was seconds away from bolting, an instinctual fight or flight adrenaline fueled response, before she felt the slim arms around her that hugged her from behind. The quiet plea, the explanation that sounded painful from the near whisper tone of Vio's voice... It made her pause. Vio wasn't inherently evil, no human was, but the casual taking of lives was a lot to take in. Part of her screamed against it, screamed against her being in any kind of contact with Vio. Another part was sympathetic to what the redhead was saying. Her muscles in her back slowly went slack within the other girls grip. "You're just as broken as I am...." Her words were near as quiet as Vio's own, low enough to know the others in the dining area wouldn't hear. "I... Its a lot to take in Vio. Part of it scares me... Scares me a lot... But I don't give up on my friends...if you'll still have me as one."

Jewel watched the two silently. Melody would need to toughen up quite a lot if she was ever going to be the strong queen to rule beside her older sister-slash-adopted mother. "I've suddenly lost my appetite, lets go to my lesson" she said glancing momentarily to Blade, the most gruesome of Vio's debt enforcers, who merely nodded and helped her down.

"Long as you don't mind having a friend that's probably supposed to be locked in a padded cell. Guess did get too many blows to the head from being tossed around." Vio mused, nuzzling against her back to catch the calming scent. "I'm bad and I know that but it's ok since at least there's you and the others able to accept me." She sounded like such a lost child yet also as if she'd given up at far too young an age for such things. Perhaps that was part of the reason she could run such a ruthless business without appearing to be affected. She already was nearly dead inside.

Melody frowned sadly hearing Vio be so blase about saying she took too many blows to the head. Discarding the thought for reflection later she turned in the other girls grip after feeling the gentle nuzzle against her back and gently wrapped her in her arms. The lost yet resigned tone didn't sit well with her as she drew Vio in close as she could, their chests coming up flush as she nuzzled the top of Vio's head. "You aren't bad" she mumbled softly. "You are making the best of a bad situation and I sincerely doubt you would be here if it wasn't thrust upon you Vio." Her words were soft and kind as her nails gently dragged across the shirt hiding her soft flesh. Choking up the nerve she gently kissed the top of the others girls head. "Even if its only behind closed doors...I'll protect you. I promise" she swore in a soft and sincere but solemn voice.

"You're always far too kind to me." Vio mused as she sounded half asleep now. How did she get anything done? Then again, she might run on caffine and sweets since she had yet to eat or drink much else. "Did they remember fruits? If not, gonna be rather famished this morning." She complained, looking rather cute as her nose scrunched up at the idea of not having them. Her whining really was more childish than not. "They don't make me sick but I still don't wanna take the vitamins. Maybe Cerberus forgot to make me take them, heh."

"They were in your coffee."

Melody shot the guy a dirty look telling him to shut up. "If you aren't going to take care of yourself, someone will have to and it might as well be me" she said with a soft snort. Some might take her saying that the wrong way but given her nature and all she'd shown herself to be around Vio she hoped the other girl took it to meant she cared. Because she did. Rocking the other girl gently in her arms she felt a sort of peace fill her mind as her previously panic stricken fast beating heart slowed down to a pace that made it possible for the number of singular heartbeats in a minute to be counted. "No fruit but fruit flavored oatmeal packets if it makes any difference. As long as I'm around you aren't going to sustain yourself on sugar and caffeine. I will tie you to a chair and make you eat healthy if I must." Again, some might take her threat the wrong way but it was a big flag of how much the health of the people close to her meant.

"Hope its strong rope, boss can get out of most knots with little effort. Not to mention you could better use that rope for bedr-"

Camilla dragged off Knife with a 'if looks could kill' glare.

"All your men are perverts."

Vio blushed dark red before demonstrating her rather flexible body, wriggling out with a grin before darting off rather quickly to some other part of the safe house. About the only other female part of the Hounds, the silvery blonde sighed and shook her head. "No use, mi'lady. Anything other than fruits and she's gone before anyone can try to get her to eat. Rumor is they're the only thing that won't make her utterly sick though no idea why." The unidentified female looked at the right hand of the red haired wonder. "You would at least know if it's true even if not why." She commented, stretching lazily. "Oh forgive my lack of manners. I am known as the Siren. Once you've heard me on stage, you'll do anything to hear me again and again."

Melody rolled her eyes seeing Vio dart off. "I have my own ideas why given what she said to me.." They weren't good ones either if she was right. "No offense but I don't listen to music all that much. I draw more than anything" she said darting in the direction that Vio was trying to squirrel herself away in. "Vio I swear if you make me chase you I am going to spank you. You will eat right before you see about doing anything today!" she growled cornering the redhead. Then she had an idea that brought a blush to her face as she slunk in close resting her hands lightly on the redheads hips she leaned in close, their lips and faces only inches apart. "Please eat, for me. I promise theres a reward for you in the end if you do" she whispered in a soft voice trying to be sexy and seductive to see if that would knock Vio off her game.

Vio definately didn't have much defence if any, adorably dark red. "Oh alright though I really don't want to be sick from it." She squeaked, her nose once again scrunching up rather cutely. "At least between the fruits and Cerberus making me take what the doctor has me on, I don't just starve to death. Sometimes too tired to even think about getting out of bed but better than before the stubborn savior dragged me to medical." She seemed to use the oddest phrases yet considering what all she's previously used, that was the most normal thing she's ever said. Then again, just how sick had she been before this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back