• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A new start(Ebony Rose)

Vio merely found herself entertained by her embarrassment, even more so from how she was even more cute as they headed to the cafe. She sat down on the stool as gestured before answering the question. “I was handling business with the factuality bothersome as I find it. Avoided unnecessary fuss but still took time.” She placed her order before returning to conversation with her companion. “How was your day?” She asked, the unusual light in her gaze showing her interest in the answer.

"That doesn't sound very fun. Sounds rather irritating really" Melody said with a frown. "If you had to do that you'd have enrolled as a business major." There was sarcasm in her tone, a rarity that surfaced considering her kind personality, but none was directed at Vio. She herself hated politics or dealing with idiots who pandered to one cause or another with dogged annoyance. When the question was turned on her she shrugged a little. "It was the first day of classes. All they talked about was overview of the syllabus. I was bored to be honest. I couldn't help feeling like someone was watching me all day though. Made the hairs on the back of my neck raise." She nodded her thanks at the owner as he brought their drinks and stirred her ice coffee before adding five sugars like she like it. "Maybe I'm just being paranoid you know? It seemed like I was the talk on everyones lips since we were talking earlier. Quite a few guys think we" she blushed sheepishly half looking at Vio "are secretly lovers or something like that."

Vio laughed at her sarcasm, nearly slipping off her seat if she hadn’t caught herself. “Oh my, I’ll be in stitches with your wisecracks. Still I’m afraid people will talk since I do enjoy your company. You’re refreshing yet not so much that it’s unhealthy.” She gave a nod to the owner before sipping her juice, hoping her cake wouldn’t be far behind. “I guess I have difficulty with people, forming any bonds. Though I can’t afford to trust anyone with that either.” Whatever secrets she had, they would stay buried deep unless she had ultimate trust.

Melody wasn't quite sure what Vio meant by being refreshing but not enough to be unhealthy. It was an odd phrase like how the other girl described where she lived but let it slide. Maybe it was like saying something was sweet but not too sweet? "I don't think it's the forming bonds or attachments that is the problem. I think it is more of a paranoia. You have a lot to manage" which meant her criminal thing "and the wrong person with your trust could get you in trouble or worse." That thought made her frown. The thought of Vio in trouble, hurt or god forbid dead from trusting the wrong person made her angry. "We only met today but I meant what I said earlier" her frown shifted back to a light and gentle smile "I'm here to listen, let you vent or just be someone to talk to. We all need a friend we can trust completely. I can't cast judgement on your choices in good conscious, I haven't lived your life to understand why you made the decisions you did, and if religion is ever right about anything neither can you about mine. Everyone has good in them somewhere no matter how deep. That's one thing I believe from the bottom of my heart without a shred of doubt."

The food came a minute later and she thanked the owner with a nod.

"Do you believe in Destiny or Fate?" Melody asked a minute of contemplative thought. "My aunt has this belief that the people we meet come into our lives not by chance but by some grand design. I always kinda scoffed at the idea, far too religious sounding for my taste after what my parents put me through, but..." she shot a quick glance at Vio from the corner of her eye "I get this really strong feeling in my gut you're a person I can truly count on. I haven't had too many of those in my life so far." It was mopey sounding and she needed to get off it quick before it got downright depressing. "I guess what I want to say is that you got a friend in me if you want it. Your secrets are safe with me if you ever get the inclination to confide in me." A tiny truly heartfelt smile graced her lips as she looked to the other girl. "Getting away from all the overly sappy stuff, who were those guiys talking to you earlier? I didn't think the college would be so open to such a type amongst their student population. At best I'd think you'd see them on the set for The Warriors movies remake or in a biker bar."

Scar snickered at the observation, trying to not think about it so much she started laughing again. “Yup. Cerberus is going to love ya after I tell him what you’re saying about him. Poor bastard is never gonna catch a break.” She then couldn’t hold it in, laughing as she pictured her friend suffering her teasing later. After a few, she caught her breath. “Thanks. I really needed a good friend.”

She smiled somewhat hearing the description of herself, as if something about it was found ironic. “Love, very few people claim they have an entire state under their thumb. You don’t have anything to worry about long as you consider me a friend. It’s your ex that’s needing to be careful.”

"As long as he doesn't bark at me I think I'll be ok. Maybe. I don't want to be walking around with doggy bags waiting to pick up after him" Melody said with her own tiny snicker. The mention of her ex made her scowl for a split second. "I would rather not think about him" she muttered. "I spent enough time with him to want to toss him off a cliff into a pit of steel spikes. He had no respect for women and if given the opportunity I'll shove a knife through his chest!" The growled threat was put out through the same low tone. Shaking her she poked at her food for a moment. "Hey Vio.." her eyes gleamed with a slight light "thank you. For everything I mean. There aren't many people who would go out their way for a stranger. It means a lot to me."

“I’m just glad being able to do something good with this work. Least I know my twin brother could look at me and say I was able to make the best of it.” Vio commented quietly, looking as if she was pained speaking about him. “I’ve forgotten what my own name is now, if I ever had a nickname or anything like that. But I gave his a legacy to keep his memories alive. It’s actually pronounced as if the i was the long e.” She revealed, chuckling. “Not the color but V-Eolight.”

"I think.. I think you underestimate how much you do. People may not like what you do, by that I mean the method, but I'm sure you do a lot of good for a lot of people." Melody reached a hand over and clasped Vio's hand in her own. "Some people are considered a necessary sort of 'evil'. I don't think you're 'evil' of any kind. You do the best with a bad hand." Sipping her drink for a moment she let her eyes close. "Evil and good, right and wrong. There's a fine line between the two sides of either coin" she said with a low frown. "Arbitrary terms and metaphors. Just like colors, violet represents the future, imagination, dreams and elements of spirituality. Shades of black, white and grey- I believe you to be just." Taking a bite of her food she mulled it over. "Nothing is set in stone and its all a matter of perspective."

"Can I get you girls anything else?"

"No thank you, we're ok." Melody nodded thankfully at the owner. "Sorry, I rambled again. I like you Vio, I think I'll stick with calling you Vio."

Vio smiled, the light reaching her eyes in that way showing just how uncommon it was. However she did feel as if she had found something truly worthwhile. “Thanks. I’m sure listening to my depressing thoughts isn’t too fun but I appreciate the opportunity to get it off my chest. Now then, we’ve had after school snacking and I know homework is not yet burdening our scholarly shoulders so I’ll say let’s have some fun.” She was up to something. Probably something that would give Cerberus a feeling similar to that one a sibling got when the younger was about to get into mischief.

"Hey, my thoughts were just as depressing so don't even start there." Melody let a tiny chuckle out at the glow in Violet's eyes. She like that look and wanted it to always be there as selfish as it sounded. An eyebrow was raised as she felt the other girls energy shift when she mentioned having fun now that they had something to eat and were yet to be burdened with homework. A split second glance as her watch showed it was early still. Despite her aunts insistence to have fun and have a social life she tried to be home reasonably early if she went out for any reason. It was habit after the asshole started to chew her out for spending 'too much time' with her girlfriends doing girl things. That was around the same time he started accusing her of cheating when he himself was guilty of sleeping around left and right without hiding it. "What did you have in mind?" she asked while shooting her aunt a text she'd be going out with a friend and she wasn't sure when she would be home. The almost immediate reply of asking if the girl was cute made her groan as she set her phone to Do Not Disturb. Just because she was a lesbian or bisexual, she hadn't slept with either gender to decide what she liked that way, didn't mean she was up to hanky panky the first piece of cute ass she saw.

“My car was dropped off earlier and I finally got someone to show it off to!” She practically cheered, bouncing around more than most little kids ever could. Her excitement even got amused looks from several people along with chuckling from the older ones who possibly had seen her growing up to a degree. “I absolutely love the precious baby so you gotta ride least once.” She definitely glowed, especially compared to the earlier melancholy that seemed to have itself dug in most painfully. “The police say long as I promise to not cause any accidental damage or anything like that, then they will let me drive fast as I want.”

"That doesn't sound particularly safe" Melody said with a roll of her shoulders and placing some cash down on the counter for their food. It had been her invitation for Vio to join her for something to eat. She did concede that the bouncing the other girl was doing WAS really cute though... and seeing the happy mixed with excited made Vio look like an entirely different person. A cuter and much more alive person.

"You only live once you know."

Melody shot the owner a dubious look with the tiniest of near unnoticeable looks. Driving too fast on an empty road was dangerous unto itself, driving too fast on a crowded road in the city was even more so. "If you don't give me a heart attack with driving like a maniac... I haven't really seen a lot of the city" she said after a minute. There was a small fraction of the city she really explored and if Vio who controller the state showed her around she'd probably remember the best places to get stuff. Being seen with Vio might even benefit her when it came to stores and stuff not that she wasn't already a bit of a penny pincher.

Vio cheered once more, grabbing her hand though it was still gently as she dragged her to a silver sleek car that looked fast even when just parked. Branded as part of the Mercedes lineup, ‘Runaway’ in cursive gave it an even more aristocratic appearance. “Cerberus made the mistake of telling the big guy that owns the company that I was disowned and even with a license, didn’t have anything to drive other than stolen or something cheap.”

"So cerberus told the guy in charge of mercedes, arguably one of the most expensive car companies in the world, you were disowned with nothing to drive." Melody didn't resist being dragged and had to resist gasping once she saw the car. It looked more expensive than her aunts home and everything in it put together! "And just like that he gave you this? What did you do, introduce him to his future wife or something?" she asked as she unconsciously grasped Vio's hand a bit.

"I'm uncultured!"

Oh joy, the bigots wanted to pop their heads out now. "Get lost, the neo nazi convention you look to be late for is on 52nd st asshole!" Melody snapped with a harsh glare at the skin head. "Sorry, I don't usually.." She wasn't that mean but things like that got under her skin and the irrational anger at that being directed at Vio momentarily took control. "Lets just go yeah?"

Vio nodded, chuckling at the picture being painted since she herself understood. “Disowned at fifteen right after losing my twin and accidentally becoming a boss of the black market yeah. I suppose he felt bad but didn’t want to adopt. So instead he has his people create the fastest car to ever exist, destroys the blueprints, and gifts it to a street rat that he says has great dance moves.” She laughed. “I was just dancing at the thing to raise money for charity. Figured it would empty pockets better.”

Vio took the insult in stride, not even having to lift a finger as she merely grinned at the rude person. “Taste the gaybow, get shot by the gaybow.” She snickered at his confusion before he was hit by several darts in his arse. Adding insult to injury, these fairly harmless darts came from a rather adorable little girl with big green eyes and a lovely shade brown hair with coppery highlights. “Thank you, Jewel but you know better than target practice using people just because you don’t like them.”

Melody's face screwed up a little trying to imagine what Vio could have been dancing at to empty pockets of their cash. While she hoped the obvious knee jerk idea anyone has when it comes to dancing for money was NOT the correct assumption, a part of her wondered what Vio would look like if that was the case. Squashing a blush before it could form her confusion grew at the gaybow comments and the sudden darts in the rude guys butt. Her head swivelled trying to find the source until spotting a cute little girl.

"He was being mean to you and the pretty lady though big sis" Jewel said with a pout clutching the dart gun in her hands a smidge tighter.

Big sis? Now Melody had another question but chose to shelve it for now. "What are on those darts in his butt? I don't think its healthy to be rigid and turning that shade of red" she said slowly.

“I know but your Uncle Cerberus is not going to be letting me teach you target practice anymore if we don’t be care.” Vio gently corrected, going over to the poor guy and crouching down. After a few moments, she gave him a sharp kick in the ribs that snapped his apparent choking state. “Jewel’s mind drugs. She’s good at somehow creating this compound that makes someone believe they’re either choking or unable to breathe. Luckily I usually can just inflict pain and enough to help.” Vio explained as she helped Melody into the car before getting in herself. “Jewel is adopted into our little family. Sweetest.”

"I'm going to have more questions than answers popping up the longer I spend around you aren't I?" Melody asked as she let herself be pulled into the car. The fact that the little girl Jewel got in the car and situated herself on her lap made her slightly uncomfortable not wanting some passerby to think anything uncouth was going on.

"Uncle Cerberus doesn't need to know does he? I mean, even if he does he hates people being mean to you anyways so he would let me off for doing it" Jewel said with minor protest laying the dart gun on her lap while pulling the door closed. "Can we go get ice cream? You promised me ice cream if I was good today for Uncle Knife and I was. I only had to put one of the giggle darts in him for being inappropriate and saying something about a gloryhole to Uncle Spade. What's a gloryhole big sis?"

Giggle darts? Uncle Knife? Uncle Spade? Oh things were so weird and she was half tempted to re-evaluate spending more time around the crazier parts of Vio's seemingly everyday life. "That's not something you need to worry about for a long time sweety" she said playing with Jewel's hair to take her mind off the question. "It's a naughty thing boys talk about that isn't appropriate for little girls like you. Isn't that right Vio?" Melody asked with a far too sweet smile.

Vio lightly facepalmed the steering wheel, a slight red tint in her cheeks. “Miss Melody is very right. I’ll be having a very long talk with your Uncle Knife about his lack of thinking before opening his big mouth.” She sighed, shifting the car into drive as she pulled onto the road. “But I am very happy that I can get you an ice cream today as promised. After that, you’re going to be getting back with one of the aunties so you don’t miss out on lessons. You’re doing great in them so keep it up and I’ll read your favorite before bedtime.”

Jewel nodded with a happy smile. Despite the influences around her she was a very good girl and tried her best to do what was good. Some might argue the fact she could mix hallucinogenic compounds that messed with a persons biology and was surrounded by criminals of varying degree would make for bad influences but she disagreed. Her big sis, aunties and uncles did teach her what makes a choice good or bad. Hearing that she had to get back to lessons after ice cream she groaned. "But but... It's math day and I suck at math" she said with a teary pout.

The casual swearing by the little girl who was no more than nine took Melody back. "Math isn't everyone's best lesson but there isn't a need to say it that way" she said with a gentle scold.

"Big sis, Uncle Cerberus and all my aunties and other uncles tell me to 'call it as I see it'.. I really struggle with math" Jewel said pouting more as her shoulders sunk.

“I still have to use my phone as a calculator in classes. I managed to keep somewhat up with my other subjects but having to drop out of high school severely set back math.” Vio admitted to the little girl, ruffling her hair briefly. The motherly gesture meant the adoption process itself was done by the red head. She then returned to focusing on driving, still talking though. “Even then, I still appreciate it if you do carefully decide on how to phrase your thoughts. Remember that I told you the story about when the head of a very famous company tried to say your big sis Vio had no upbringing or culture. Just as I did, you can catch people off guard and make them assume you’re not even from the streets.”

"You said it yourself though that most people disappoint and aren't worth the effort of sparing their feelings big sis" Jewel said shaking her head a little after having her hair ruffled. It didn't like to cooperate as it was already. "Besides, my sleepy dart made the mean go away after he signed over all his rights in the company to you. Why can't I just be blunt like you? Plenty of people say what they mean without sugarcoating it and they come from rich snobby families."

Melody could feel a small migraine forming as Jewel posed the question with a fair argument. "You're right that there are plenty of people like that but they have the benefit of money to keep them out of trouble. Your big sister might be important but she has to be careful what she does. You wouldn't want anyone to come in and break up your family would you?" she asked squeezing the child gently. The near full on squeak and rapid head shake was beyond cute. "So you got to be a good girl and try to be a little more careful ok? There's people out ther who don't like your sister and would do anything to hurt her."

Jewel gulped looking at Vio. She loved her big sister a lot and didn't want to be separated from her no matter what. "I'll try, I promise" she said with a soft tone.

“Thank you little one. I know it’s difficult understanding human nature but I’ll keep doing what I do and keep you safe.” Vio promised, smiling softly as they pulled into the girl’s favorite ice cream shop. “Now come on. You have been being very good so let’s get ice cream and enjoy the day.” She reminded, returning the mood back to cheerful. “After all, I’m sure you did sneak away from your guardian didn’t you?” She teased.

Jewel didn't respond for a minute before she did with an action that surprised even herself- she turned on the pretty ladies lap and hugged her. While it was a little obvious to her that her big sis seemed to like this lady, the lady had no reason to be nice to her. Yet she was. As quick as the hug was initiated, it was finished and she darted out of the car into the shop.

"Um.. did I just get hugged for no reason whatever?" Melody asked blinking slowly. She was by no means upset, she liked children and working with them, but being hugged by a random kid put her a little off. She didn't even know what she did to deserve a hug or if Jewel was just a hugger type kid. The image of the kid bouncing before the ice cream case was adorable though... "Think we should save the store owner from an excitable kid promised ice cream?" she asked rhetorically while motioning to the store.

Vio laughed, getting out as she nodded. “She likes you it would seem. Whatever test she has for people in that head of hers doesn’t allow very many but I’m glad you did. Just be careful with her. She’s still a child.” She gave the warnings just as easily as anything else, yet the guarded expression must likely be what truly frightened people. For someone barely old enough to be considered an adult have such an unreadable expression meant even for her position, she had went through something that none spoke of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back