• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

MiraAutumn

The Fall Maiden
Scene 1: Humble Beginnings
When you open your eyes, you find yourself in a simple forest. Vivid trees that reach the skies, scruffy foilage of varying hues and brightly coloured butterflies dance around you. Strangely though, everything seems to be oddly coloured and shaped, as if seeing through a filter of some sort. You attempt to look at yourself out of curiosity, and find your vision literally spinning around in a full circle, granting you vision of the forest, the floor and the sky all in one fellow swoop, all still seen through that weird filter.

Confused by the dexterity of your eyeballs, you finally realize that your eyes, or whatever you are using to see, are floating in the center of a jelly-like substance, aka your body. Just as you realize this substance seems to be the cause of your altered vision, your eyes are suddenly jiggled out to the 'front' of your body. Now, you see everything perfectly fine, the clear blue sky, the viridian flora and the umber-coloured forest floor.

Realizing that it was probably your natural instincts that moved about your eyeballs, you wonder if you could somehow 'move' as well? You reach out in front of you, the slime in the front part of your body molding forwards. Just as you wonder how you would move the back part of your body, beginning to stretch your front slimy bits rather thin, you are suddenly flung forward, the recoil from your rear slime leaping you a short distance.

<[Leap Lvl 1] learnt>

You are amazed by what you had just accomplished, whilst tempted to do it again, but you decide to get your bearings before you do anything else.

BabySlime - LVL: 1 - EXP: 0
HP: 10
MP: 10
Afflictions:
--------------
Attack: 1
Defence: 1
Magic Attack: 1
Magic Defence: 1
Speed: 1
--------------
Skills:
  • [Leap LVL 1]
Titles:

Choices:
  1. What colour slime are you?
    1. Green = +1 HP, +Natural Camouflage in current environment
    2. Blue = +1 MP
    3. Red = +1 Attack
    4. Orange = +1 Defence
    5. Purple = +1 Magic Attack
    6. Pink = +1 Magic Defence
    7. Yellow = +1 Speed
  2. What gender slime are you?
    1. Male
    2. Female
    3. Non-binary
  3. What do you want to do next?
    1. Attempt to examine the surrounding area
    2. Attempt to move body in a different way(dance)
    3. Attempt to climb up a tree
    4. Attempt to: (other suggestions are welcome)
BoltBeam BoltBeam Daisie Daisie Idea Idea
Current Votes:
1-6(Pink): 1(2), 1-1(Green): 1, 1-7(Purple): 1| 2-2(Female): 2, 2-3(Non-Binary): 1| 3-1(Surroundings): 3

Last edited:
Oh wow, this was faster than I expected. Well, let's see...

>>>>>> 1: Pink = +1 Magic Defence
Magic defense seems like the most useful one. Most are pretty equivalent, but protecting ourselves against potentially unexpected non-damage-based effects, as well as certain types of damage seems like an excellent idea. nomatter how strong you are, if someone puts ya to sleep ya end up pretty vulnerable, for instance.

>>>>>> 2: Female
Wouldn't mind the male either

>>>>>> 3: Attempt to examine the surrounding area
Food, safety and shelter, our first priorities! But we need to find what kind of environment we're in to secure those. Climbing up a tree might yield some results if we succeeded, allowing us to see farther into the distance but... we could also completely fail and hurt ourselves badly? Also whose to say there isn't some predatory bird up there?

Ooh, goodie, we're doing this now... OK, here are mine!

1. Green, so +1 in Health and that sweet camouflage bonus! In any situation like this, the biggest stat to keep an eye on is HP. The more of that we can get our hands on, the more hits we can take, aided by the defence stats. That camouflage bonus will let us keep 'out' of harm's way, though not a particularly exciting deal - it will keep us safe!​
2. (*whistles in indifference*) Non binary, suppose.​
3. Time to examine the world immediately! Supplies, somewhere to hide - there's all sorts of bounties mother nature holds! It's best to find what is nearest 'now' so we can use that knowledge and those services later when we need to!​

sweet camouflage bonus
Yes, but that camouflage only works on our current environment. It probably won't work the second we leave it. Furthermore, HP is one of the easiest things to loose, and you tend to loose heaps of it at a time.

Yes, but that camouflage only works on our current environment. It probably won't work the second we leave it. Furthermore, HP is one of the easiest things to loose, and you tend to loose heaps of it at a time.
I'm well aware of the first point. Second point can't really be helped - it's the sad truth. I'm just putting out what I think is the most valuable stat and wanted to boost it, that's all. End of the day, we're voting on this, so... Take it what you will.

What color slime are you?
>Purple = +1 Magic Attack
>>If this vote ends in a tie, put me in for Pink instead
As a self-proclaimed wise man once said, "It can't hurt you if it's dead." They were also quoted saying, "If you already have 10 HP and MP, what difference is one more point going to make?"
Also purple is a pretty good color

What gender slime are you?
>Female
There's no reason. You can sway me if you wish.

What do you want to do next?
>Attempt to examine the surrounding area
This right here is the important one. If we want to evolve, we've gotta work for it. Time to move our slimy body and explore the wide world before us!

Last edited:
(Final Choices: Pink, Female, Examine Surroundings)
Scene 2: Sensing
First things first, you try to get a grasp of who you are. You seem to be a slime creature of some sort, the kind that are slain in one hit by newbie adventurers. Great start. You are also quite small in size, perhaps you'd grow over time? Well, at least you hoped so anyway. Although, now that you thought about it, staying small did have its benefits too. Your slimy self is pinkish in colour, most similar to a light shade of rose, but translucent. Although stereotypical considering you just remembered that you were pink, you feel it's more suitable to refer to yourself as a female. It eased your mind now having a sense of identity, considering you were no longer human. That last thought seemed kind of important, but it drifted off just as quickly as it came, almost as if it was forcibly hidden from you for some reason.

Deciding the next best course of information was to examine your surroundings in more detail, you jiggle your eyes around in your sliminess to get a better look around.

<[Body Manipulation LVL 1] learnt>

Well, that's new. After the notification disappeared, you realized that your eyes were slightly easier to jiggle around your body. Your sliminess also seemed to respond a bit better to your thoughts.

Returning to the task at hand, you analyzed as much as you could of the world around. In one direction, considering you didn't exactly know which way was North, there was a dirt trail deeper into the forest. The deeper you looked, the darker it seemed to get. But concentrating further, you could faintly see the trickle of liquid in the distance.

<[Farsight LVL 1] learnt>

Now, you could just about guess that the liquid was water. A vital survival resource.

In the opposite direction, the forest seemed to get brighter and thin out slightly. Perhaps that was the way out? You silently wondered if leaving the forest was a good or bad idea. Glancing in the sky above that direction, you noticed a faint trail of smoke? Humans? That rung alarm bells in your head, but at the same time, the smoke was already quite thin... perhaps they had already left? It might be interesting to check if they had left anything behind...

Noticing the information you had gathered was kind of lacking and uncertain, you wondered why. Suddenly, you came to a realization; you could not smell or hear, only see and touch. You wondered about the taste part, but it was incredibly concerning that you lacked 2 of your senses...

<[Sight LVL 1] unlocked, [Touch LVL 1] unlocked>

Afflictions:
--------------
Magic Defence: 2
--------------
Skills:
[Leap LVL 1] [Body Manipulation LVL 1] [Farsight LVL 1] [Sight LVL 1] [Touch LVL 1]
Titles:

--------------
Traits:
  • Pink translucent slime ball
  • Female

Choices:
Which way would you like to go?
  1. Deeper into the forest
  2. Leave the forest
How would you like to travel?
  1. Quietly
  2. Quickly
  3. Casually
BoltBeam BoltBeam official clown business official clown business Idea Idea
Current Votes:
1-1: 3 | 2-1: 3

Last edited:
no longer human.
1833198_Latvian_ShowMasterKeyArt_bc8928d4-dbc1-e811-8175-020165574d09.jpg

Now for the answers:

>>>>>>>>>>1: Deeper into the forest
We don't know for certain whether humans are there, and if they are, chances are we're toast. We should focus right on securing our survival and shelter, with a second priority being to evolve. The forest is an excellent place for both, being that we are a slime.
Plus, even if we did find stuff there, what would we do? Carry it with our nonexistent limbs? Try to eat metal? Ok, that last might be cool, but at this point we don't know if we can, and eating stuff that might potentially give us skills sound like a more useful use of our time.

>>>>>>>>>2: Quietly
So we don't accidentally get ambushed by anything or stir something up that we shouldn't

Never actually watched or read that xD Is it good? It didn't seem like my cup of tea ^^
Let's say I never would have guessed, cause in many respects this seems like almost a carbon copy of it XD

Personally I absolutely love the manga, anime was great for the first half, quite disappointing in the second half cause they skipped and rushed a lot

Let's say I never would have guessed, cause in many respects this seems like almost a carbon copy of it XD

Personally I absolutely love the manga, anime was great for the first half, quite disappointing in the second half cause they skipped and rushed a lot
Oh dang really? O.o The only things I've read that inspired this were what I listed in my interest check, aka:
'Inspired by: Apotheosis of a Demon, Story of a Careless Demon and Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? '
Do they have the whole evolutionary lines thing too? Didn't seem like that deep of a series to me, I dunno whenever I see huge anime tiddies/half-naked girls I usually skip reading/watching it. I'm prejudiced like that, forgive me.

Thanks for your review! May give the manga a try and see if it's similar to the novels I read ^^

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka
Also read that one. That spider one was basically inspired by slime, they are on the same vein of story, but while spider stays in the caves, slime starts building a kingdom.

Slime doesn't have evolutionary lines, but it does have monster evolution through...well, it's better seen so I don't ruin the surprise. XD

Boutta watch a movie so I'll be quick this time.
We're missing two senses you say?

Which way would you like to go?
>Deeper into the forest
Yep, pretty much. The forest is our neighborhood.

How do you want to travel?
>Quietly

Leeet's seee...

1. Deeper, absolutely. I'd like to think the reasons are mostly obvious.
2. Let's do this quietly so we don't suddenly attract attention... We are but a baby slime, very vulnerable.

(Final Choices: Deeper, Quietly)
Quietly -> [Stealth LVL 1] [Stealth LVL 2]
Quickly -> [Leap LVL 2] [Body Manipulation LVL 2]
Casually -> [Sight LVL 2] [Touch LVL 2]
Scene 3: Waterfall Basin
Deciding that staying within the depths of the forest was a better idea rather than risking getting caught by humans, you ventured further into the darkness. You were cautious as you moved, doing smaller more controlled leaps and minimizing the sound you made. Well you tried to anyway, not like you could hear.

<[Stealth LVL 1] learnt>

Approaching the trickle of liquid, you realized that what you had seen was actually a rather beautiful waterfall, the basin of which was shallow and calm. The clear liquid flowed from an awfully steep cliff above, the rocks of which dotted with vegetation. The basin itself was incredibly large, eventually leading off to a slow-moving river. Continuing being stealthy, you approached the scene, finding a few other creatures sipping at the basin. There was a baby-deer like creature standing in the stream, but with rather tall horns for a fawn. You couldn't see its face, only its rear side. On the other hand, there was a copper-coloured caterpillar-like creature closer to the basin. It was a little bigger than you, with short antennae.

<[Stealth LVL 2] learnt>

That was helpful, but what should you do now?

Afflictions:
--------------
--------------
Skills:
[Leap LVL 1] [Body Manipulation LVL 1] [Farsight LVL 1] [Sight LVL 1] [Touch LVL 1] [Stealth LVL 2]
Titles:

--------------
Traits:
  • Female

Choices:
What should you do?
  1. Get closer and examine the creatures in more detail
  2. Retreat from the water source
  3. Drink from the basin
  4. Drink from the stream
  5. Find another part of the stream/basin to drink from
  6. Surprise attack the caterpillar
  7. Surprise attack the fawn
BoltBeam BoltBeam official clown business official clown business [/USER] Idea Idea
Current Votes:
1-6(Attack Caterpillar): 2

Last edited:
>>>>Attack the caterpillar
May be a little disgusting, but it doesn't seem as though we have a sense of taste anyway, and we need to eat. Getting the chance for a surprise attack may not come every day, so lets secure the food!

(Final Choice: Surprise attack the caterpillar)
Scene 4: Baby Slime Vs Caterpillar Part One
You decide to attack the caterpillar for a potential meal, using the element of surprise to your advantage. Your stealth came in handy here, as you managed to creep close enough for a spectacular leap. You quietly stretch your front like a slingshot, hidden in the darkness of the forest, before launching onto the caterpillars back with as much force as you could muster!

<[Leap LVL 2] learnt>

You connect! Although a little sloppily. The caterpillar jolts in surprise and pain, almost knocking you off its back, but your sticky sliminess comes in handy here. Making use of its confusion, you wack and headbutt and do whatever you can to kill the caterpillar. Since you seem pretty soft and squishy, you wonder if you're doing any damage at all, but you notice its antennae slowly drop out of the corner of your eye.

<[Body Manipulation LVL 2] learnt>

But, the caterpillar wasn't going to fall so easily. The creature, unable to throw you off its back no matter how hard he tried, tried a different tactic. Turning its head around to face you, it spat a reddish liquid at your front, dousing you in a stinging pain. You don't know whether it was acid or poison, all you knew was that it was incredibly painful.

<[Poison LVL 2] affliction gained>

Despite trying your hardest to hang on, you are finally flung off the back of the caterpillar into the basin. The water washes off some of the poison and eases the pain, but you knew you had to end this. Fast.

<[Poison LVL 2]->[Poison LVL 1] affliction decreased>

Thrown about = -1HP
Poison LVL 2 = -2HP
Poison LVL 1 = -1HP
(The poison would've brought you down to 6 HP if you didn't increase your magic defence)
HP: 7
Afflictions: [Poison LVL 1]
--------------
--------------
Skills:
[Leap LVL 2] [Body Manipulation LVL 2] [Farsight LVL 1] [Sight LVL 1] [Touch LVL 1] [Stealth LVL 2]
Titles:

--------------
Traits:
  • Female

Choices:
What should you do?
  1. Examine the caterpillar for weaknesses/damage dealt
  2. Charge and continue wacking
  3. Leap onto it again
  4. Focus on washing off the poison
  5. Run away
BoltBeam BoltBeam official clown business official clown business Idea Idea
Current Votes:
1-1(Examine): 3 | 1-4(Wash): 1

Last edited:
>>>>Examine the caterpillar for weaknesses/damage dealt
I think we should get back to fighting as soon as possible, but it's no sense doing a suicidal attack. In the first place we're not sure if we did any significant damage. Even if we remove the poison, we lost about a third of our HP from one attack from the carterpillar, which means it's only worth it to keep attacking if we can kill it faster than the poison can really harm us (which basically means we can only get hit by that poison one more time, then we're toast, assuming the results are the same as this, since even if we do kill it we may still die to the poison if it's still afflicting us).

As for running away, unless we figure its futile, we should finish what we started.

Definitely. Find the weaknesses if any, and try to see how much damage we dealt.

Focus on washing off the poison! That's gonna sting a lot, and if we approach that caterpillar again, it's gonna take every chance to inject more into us. Gotta think for the long term.
Also yes, I'm here! lmao
I'm against attacking everything in sight in the first place >_> Can't we be a monster of peace and diplomacy? Is that an option...? No....?

Focus on washing off the poison! That's gonna sting a lot, and if we approach that caterpillar again, it's gonna take every chance to inject more into us. Gotta think for the long term.
While poison concentration is a thing in real life, this world seems to operate by RPG logic, and typically poison is a status effect, which means you can't get "double poisoned". If we focus on washing off the poison, there's a good chance it will be entirely futile, as we'll just get poisoned again and our enemy will remain pretty much intact.

I'm against attacking everything in sight in the first place >_> Can't we be a monster of peace and diplomacy? Is that an option...? No....?
I mean we won't attack everything on sight in the first place, but we need to get food and power for our own survival...

While poison concentration is a thing in real life, this world seems to operate by RPG logic, and typically poison is a status effect, which means you can't get "double poisoned". If we focus on washing off the poison, there's a good chance it will be entirely futile, as we'll just get poisoned again and our enemy will remain pretty much intact.

I mean we won't attack everything on sight in the first place, but we need to get food and power for our own survival...
I don't change my decisions at all.
Plus you aren't the owner of the RP >_> Maybe we CAN gain exp by being friendly. You never know. Gotta think outside the box.

Plus you aren't the owner of the RP >_> Maybe we CAN gain exp by being friendly. You never know. Gotta think outside the box.
Maybe. Just not the way things usually go. And even for diplomacy, it's useful to have some form of leverage. Especially if you're a monster.

What should you do?
>Examine the caterpillar for weaknesses/damage dealt
Will the mind of the pro gamer or that of the peaceful roleplayer prevail today? Find out in this episode of Monster Evolution.

No, seriously though. We need to focus on fighting this guy. First, we need to prepare our killing blow.
This is now a matter of life or death. Kill or be killed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back