• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Mercenary to the Crown (closed)

"If you'd summoned a demon, you'd be fine," Gideon interjected. "Though you could have indeed summoned worse."
Worse. Like him.

Kariya looked at him,"no i mean whats worse than a demon.Is there something youre not telling me?"She asks curiously.

He chuckled. "Kariya. I'm implying that there are worse things than a demon, and that I have seen them. Try an overly powerful mage- met him once, didn't go too well."

Kariya stared at him,"okay."She says simply before she went to clean up her pile of books.

Kariya looked at him,"no im okay honest."She says as the elf was already helping her.

Outside the door, Wright smiled a bit. "No, princess," he replied, "I'm a guard. What use am I if I'm unprepared?"
He was always prepared- what kind of a joke was he trying to make? And he couldn't relax- it simply wasn't in his nature.

"First of all Gideon you are always on edge."Kariya says as she finished picking the books as she looked at the door.

"So you can stay here in the study and still be on edge."She says gently blushing a bit.Asmi looked between them curiously.

Gideon shrugged. "Sure. You put on a little extra makeup over your cheekbones today, or is that the lighting?" he asked, entering.

"I dont wear make up."She says turning her back to him as she went to grab another book.

"I see," he nodded, leaving it up to a brief shift of lighting, though even he found the fault within that logic.

"Hey Kari look over here wasnt this the book you were looking for."Asmi says as he carried a book almost the size of himself.It had a golden crown on the cover of it as Kariya smiled thanking him and giving him a sugar cube.

Gideon's brows rose as he took in the cover of the book. "An adorned volume. What information does it hold that could be so important, princess?"
He also noted the sugar cube, and put it in his mental inventory- it may become of some use if he ever needed some kind of help from the elf, though he doubted it some.

"My mother used to read this story to me when i was young.I adore it and always want it in my library."She says smiling,Asmi ran to his area of the room where he kept his things.He smiled happily putting it next to his small fancy bed.

"What is it about?" he questioned, legitimately curious. He'd never seen anything like the volume before.

"Its about a great kingdom of magic users like us.They spend everyday enjoying their life and helping each other with tasks.My birth mother said that this kingdom was on a floating island."She says smiling.

Gideon was careful to not let anything show on his face- it reminded him so much of a place he'd seen once before. Just once, but after that one day he couldn't bring himself to go back. "I see... what was the name of the place?"

Azlanima. It was the name, and he had left with his heart aching, seeing something so beautiful he couldn't ever go back- he'd never be able to tear himself away. It was a utopia, but it was also a trap Not meant to be a utopia, simply there to draw people there and change where their hearts lay. It would never let him go- it was a prison of sorts, though it was also perfect. A perfect prison; no free will. That was it's magic. And it was achingly beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back