• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Mercenary to the Crown (closed)

Joyeful

[Tinnitus]
Gideon Wright had never been in so much trouble.
Sure, there was that first time when he had taken a few more cookies from the jar that he was supposed to.
And that other time when he had been caught kissing the neighbor's daughter- who had been happily (yeah, right) engaged to his brother- whoops.
Oh, and that time he had gotten caught in a debt to a bartender- who happened to be a gang leader, which is a wonderful surprise when you're trying to smuggle two kegs of ale.

But by far, this was the worst mistake of his life, as he was paraded through the halls of the palace- caught in the damned vaults, of all things, talking to a pretty witch, who he had been trying to distract as he made off with... well, a few family heirlooms. Not such a big deal when he took on the task, and he thought it'd be way easier than some of the much less savory, bloodier jobs he'd taken on.
Mistakes and miscalculations were common in his line of work- but being caught stealing the king's gold (what had he been thinking, again? Oh, yeah, he needed money to repay that bartender, and satisfy his employer, and still be able to make a killing, ha-ha) was by far the worst of them all.
So as he was brought before the man he'd been trying to rob, being eyed suspiciously by every single eye that passed him- good lord were there a lot of people working here- he was almost too caught up in his thoughts to notice that same witch he'd been conversing with earlier- almost.

Crap, did I run into the king's right hand?

Closed to LunaWalker LunaWalker

"For trying to steal the kings gold and the heirlooms of the Martiqui family.You are hear by sentenced to death by hanging."A man announces as the princes seem pleased with the sentencing.

"Wait please father there must be another way.Cant you see he has already been beaten up.He must have been put up to it father please reconsider."Kariya says as she gently touched her fathers hand.

The king looked at her,"my dear darling daughter if you ask of me to spare his life i shall but he must work till his death."The king says as he looks at Gideon."you may have been spared and i senetence you to be the guard of the princess who has saved you life.Protect her life like she has protected yours.Guards take him to be cleansed and dressed properly.And somebody find out if he has any debt i want him to be completly clean to guard my dear daughter."The king says as the witch as Gideon has called her smiled at him as he was led away to be bathed.

He could hardly believe his luck- escaping a hanging, and his debts, and now standing next to the dang princess to protect her?
Wait.

He twisted his hand around, trying to find the girl who had saved his life.

"What are you looking at, sir?" one of the servants asked.
"I thought the king only had sons..."
"Ah, his majesty only said that to protect his dearest and most beloved."

Surprisingly, there wasn't a single note of mocking in the servant's voice, and he dumbfoundedly followed along to his bath.

"The princess is a secret to the outside world.You might as well know since you will be working with her.She is the only daughter of the king but not by blood.She was adopted by the king as a last minute wish from the princess's mother.A witch of large fame who used her abilities to heal.That is where the princess gets her abilities."Another servant says.

"She is kind to all and you are lucky to be serving so close to her."She says sternly as a knock sounded on the door.

"Rosie Talyn is the gentleman all dressed?"Kariyas voice asks gently as the two servants finish up dressing Gideon.

Joyeful Joyeful

Gideon rolled his eyes.
"Sounds like a myth to me, but alright, I guess since I've already seen... and I can dress myself, thank you."

The servants eyed each other uncertainly.
"Hey. I swear, I've got this. A few buttons are nothing compared to anything else I've done."

"Like attempting to rob his majesty?" a servant snorted, before quickly exiting, followed by the others.

Gideon rolled his eyes.
"You just don't know how to do it," he muttered, before going over to the still-cracked-open door and pulling it slightly wider, leaning out.
"Well hello there, princess. Surprised to see you here," he smirked, knowing that the top buttons on his shirt were still open, letting anyone see the toned muscle usually hidden underneath.

"Oh you missed a few buttons sir."She says as she buttoned up his shirt for him.She smiled at him,"come i need to go continue my studies."She says smiling.

Kariya led the way as she hummed a song and waved to some of the other servants and guards they walked last.She walked down to the area that he had gotten captured in the first place.

She looked back at him as she opened the door to her large room with many books and more scattered about.She goes to the other side as she grabbed a book and began to flip through the book in her hand.

"Want to help me."She asks

"Darling, I just tried to rob you a few hours ago. Personally, if I were you I wouldn't trust me," he chuckled, musing over her innocence in his head, sort of stunned by it, though it was refreshing.

"I trust you because if you really wanted to hurt me you would have done it by now.Also of you were to hurt me i dont think my brothers or the staff would let you out alive."She says looking at him with a smile.She began to look around the room before she grabbed several random items.

He rolled his eyes again.
"You do realize that I'm a mercenary, right? I take whatever job I can get."

"Suit yourself."She says shrugging before she mixed the pot infront of her.The liquid in the pot became bright and white and seemed as if it was about ti explode.

Gideon took a step back, not daring to cast a spell for protection, which would be a tell-all to what he could do, what he was.
Besides, the princess seemed to know well enough what she was doing.

That was right- he still didn't know her name.
"Princess?" he asked, quietly so as to not disturb her concentration- also to avoid getting hit with one of the hefty objects by the cauldron.

"Kariya."She says gently as she took a small vial filled with a red liquid before she poured it in the cauldron.The liquid inside became a very pale pink.she took a small spoon full and poured it on a dead plant.The plant became alive again and looked freshly bloomed.

She smiled as she began to pour small vials."Sir can you grab me the bottle near the door please."She says as she pointed to a hunch of empty bottles by the door.

"Your... father?"
Gideon thought back to the king.
"But he looks young enough- an age reversal would probably just put him down to a teenager."

"He is sickly and i want to ensure he can live the fullist life i can offer to him.I owe him my life."Kariya says sadly as she looked at Gideon.She smiled kindly,"anyways it was mother whom asked me to make this potion for him and her."She says."I have to give mother the potion soon."She says taking one potion vial and looking at him."Are you willing to come with me?"She asks happily.

"Yes my father has an illness and this potion will help prevent the illness from spreading and hurting him."She says as she walked out of the room and closed the door and locking it.

Wright had a look of concern over his features.
"So you're telling me you hope the reversal potion will reverse illness?"

"Yes."She says walking down the hall.She looked to see if he was following.

She happily walked as a young guard comes over to them.He clearly liked the princess as he talked with her and glanced at Gideon with a ignorant glare."Princess if the heathen gives you any problem tell me and i will take care of him."The guard says as Kariya shakes her head."its quite alright i think he is a good person."She says as they got closer to the queens quaters.

As they passed the guard, Gideon smirked.
"Good luck at her heart, mate."
A clap on the shoulder, to the apparent horror from the guard, was all he spared afterwards.

Kariya turned and looked at Gideon,"wait here please mother doesnt like people seeing her like she is now."She says as she enters the room.After a couple minutes gideon can hear somebody scream.

Without hesitation he ran into the room, disregarding Kariya's warning.
What he saw may have stopped another person dead in their tracks- then send them into a quick backtrack.
But he kept walking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back