• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Family Affair: The Irish Mob - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Mallory Romano
dove-cameron-descendants-2-premiere-at-the-metropolis-theater-in-mexico-08-12-2017-1.jpg
Mallory smirked as he admitted that he’ll dance with Lucy. “Going soft in your old age” she joked with him, a laugh to her tone. She looked around at the party present as her father spoke again, her eyes catching her mother for a moment as she made her way to the door. She looked beautiful in her dress and Mallory smiled to herself, she idolized her mother and wanted to grow to be like her to an extent. People often thought that Mallory was Lucy’s biological daughter and she took pride in that, as far as Mal was concerned anyway she was. She saw James and Lucy as her parents from the moment she came home with them and it didn’t take long at all for her to feel at home in this family and to fully believe she was one of them.

Mallory smiled when her father blushed “don’t be nervous, it’s from you so she'll automatically love it” she assured him. While Mallory didn’t actually know what the surprise was and was eager to find out, she knew that her mother would love it regardless of what it was. Mallory reached down and picked up her glass taking a sip of the vodka and dash. She knew it was a bit Risky drinking right beside her father but she just hoped either he wouldn’t notice what it was or that because it was a party he wouldn’t care.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (James)

Mentioned Bellz Bellz (Lucy)

Peter Callahan
59e7118bcd718f1e3579cb14a05f0e36.jpg
Peter stepped into the house along with his family and stayed silent as Sinead greeted those who were present. Peter said his hello's lightly to those around him and held tightly to both of his children's hands whilst Savvy was already greeting other's on her own. He knelt down to speak with Emery and Braden before he would let them run rapid around the house. "Alright you two, I know this is Uncle James and Aunt Lucy's house and you are normally allowed to jump around the house all willy nilly, but remember that its Auntie Lucy's birthday and you need to be on your best behaviors? Understood?" He asked, his tone wasn't harsh or demanding, as they were just children and they of course would listen for only a short while before they would be having this discussion again. Once he had a confirmation, both of his children bobbing their heads in agreement, he smiled widely and nodded his head in return. "Alright kiddos, have fun." He chuckled before standing up and moving to pluck the gift from Sinead's hands.

"I'll set it on the table love." He murmured to Sinead who was already beginning to socialize. Peter was a social butterfly as well, but sometimes he needed a moment to process the crowd. He achieved this by walking to the table and returning back to his wife's side, wrapping his arm around her waist, he planted a kiss on the top of her head. He watched as Savvy quickly left with Emery, to find the Porter's dogs no doubt and Conor suddenly looked saddened or even worried a bit. Peter grabbed himself a drink before heading over to the man. "Long time no see mate," Peter began, giving the man a knowing smile. "How've you been Con?"

Kieran Joyce
Kieran smiled at Lucy, "Well cousin, I figured you aught to have some entertainment at your own birthday. The Joyces take birthdays awful serious, you know." They exchanged a few more brief pleasantries before Lucy sauntered off to talk to other guests. Kieran turned to his small ensemble and smiled. "Yes, you boys were wonderful." He said approvingly as the tall bookie rose from the piano and closed the cover. The phonograph was filling in the empty air again now.

Kieran introduced himself to several more of the guests and had a few more glasses of wine, which didn't really effect him that much but did put him in a haze of good emotions. It was a Joyce family motto, the wise man drinks because he is happy, the fool drinks because he desires to be happy.

After a while, Kieran withdrew to his own sort of corner of the lounge and lit a cigarette, the smoke of which blended into the low fog of smoke that littered the atmosphere due to the previous reprieves of the guests. He was an odd man out, having arrived only yesterday, but he felt a queer warmness about the party and its inhabitants that further contributed to his jovial mood as he smoked while half-listening to a nearby conversation and earnestly laughing at the funny bits.

James Porter

1519768899184-png.406329
James glanced to Lucy as she left the room to go answer the front door. He knew she was afraid of getting older and she often made light comments about finding wrinkles. As far as he was concerned she still looked as stunning as she had when they first started dating. There was nothing he would change about his wife and he could never grow tired of her beautiful features. He would make a point of reminding her of all of that later.

James' focus was then directed back to Mallory and the comment she had made about him going soft in his old age. He was more than used to being called old - Sinead used to call him an old man when he was only in his twenties. "Less of the old age, young lady. You kids have no respect!" he berated her, but the smile on his face made it clear he wasn't at all serious.

He nodded his head when Mallory told him not to be nervous and that Lucy would automatically love the surprise. "Well, I sure do hope so. The other problem might be me actually presenting it to her," he clarified. He couldn't wait for everyone to arrive so he could get to it and see his wife's reaction. James' eyes fell to Mallory's hand as she retrieved her drink. He watched her take a sip and figured it was logical to assume it was an alcoholic beverage. "I don't mind you drinking with us in the house, Mal. Just make sure to go steady with it, would you?" he advised her. "I don't want to spend my evening holding your hair back whilst you throw up into the toilet." James wanted Lucy to just enjoy her party, so he wouldn't hesitate to spend his time looking after their kids so she could enjoy her party.

neverbackdown neverbackdown (Mallory)

(More replies later...)

Lucy Porter
Amber%20Heard%20cleavy%20in%20tight%20dress%20at%20Art%20of%20Elysium%20Heavan%20gala%20in%20LA-04.jpg
Lucy's cheeks flushed a pink color as Alex commented on her slowly aging body. Lucy was worried she was looking older, especially on today of all days. The vanity she normally didn't have presented itself in a rather ugly manner, so Alex's comment soothed her worries, if only for a little while. Lucy looked down at the little blonde girl and was blown away by how she carried herself immediately. This girl was her daddy's daughter and as much as Lucy wanted to gush over her, she knew she couldn't...at least for now. "Thank you both, its wonderful to meet you Michelle, I love your hair!" She commented, noting that it was the blonde color that herself and Conor were known for. "I like my home too...but I love sharing it with people so please please come in! Make yourselves at home!" Lucy wondered if she was being a little too....excitable, but it was her birthday...it would be abnormal for her not to be she supposed.

She opened the door wider for the girl's before letting them in, once they were inside. Lucy shut the door behind them and smiled widely again. "Your coats can go in the closet right here, though Michelle, I think Savannah and Emery are playing with the dogs in the other room? Perhaps I'll have Conor introduce you to them, they would love to have another friend to play with." She said, looking to Alex to make sure that what she was saying was okay. Lucy and Alex had something in common now, something that wasn't terrible. Before they had a lot in common, but they were things that most wouldn't brag about or even want in their lives. She didn't want to overstep her boundaries with another child, especially Michelle. She was family, but just didn't know it yet. Lucy looked over to where James was, Mallory and him still chatting casually, catching his eye, she hoped he would get the message to find Conor in that moment...wanting the man to know that his ex lover and his only child were here. He had been in a funk today, from what Lucy could see, and she hoped that he would pull through for the adorable little blonde child before her.

Conor Sullivan and James Porter

1519768939277-png.406334
Conor was happy to hear a familiar voice and he looked ahead to see Peter sending him a smile. "Hey, Pete," he replied, nodding his head as he flashed an apprehensive smile. "Ah, you know me. I've been busy with work and messy nights out... then catching up on my sleep. You know the drill," he remarked, kind of hoping Peter wouldn't start lecturing him too. "How about you? Are you good?" he asked him. He knew how adorable Sinead and Peter were together, but he also knew things weren't perfect even for them and his sister could be difficult to say no to. He liked to think Peter would confide in him if there were any problems with Sinead.

"I didn't get around to telling you earlier, but I promised a friend her daughter could hang out with Savvy today. If you're cool with that?" he asked. He then shook his head, knowing the adults in his family deserved the truth from the start. "Truth is, Alex Romano is coming tonight and she's bringing my daughter. Alex and I have a child - her name is Michelle and she's about the same age as Savvy," he explained, a warm smile growing on his face. Before he could continue, Conor felt someone nudge him, or perhaps it was meant to be a punch. Conor looked down to see Braden with a grin on his face. "Hey, buddy," he said, ruffling the kid's hair. "You go ahead a play for a bit, Brady, because when this party gets going I'm going to kick your arse, mate!" he playfully threatened the kid. Braden laughed before sprinting off to find someone else to play with. Conor took a deep breath before looking back to Peter. "I know it's out of the blue and everything. I just need to be sure I can do good for the kid so I can tell her who I am. I don't want to be a disappointment in her life. It'll be more natural for me to talk with her if she's hanging out with another kid along the way."

1519768899184-png.406329

James had looked up just in time to see Lucy trying to catch his attention. He then realised she was speaking with Alex and who was obviously Michelle. He figured this was his cue to get Conor to step up. James turned to Mallory and smiled. "I have to go sort a few things. You make sure you have fun, love," he told the blonde teenager, before he rushed off to find Conor. When he found his brother-in-law with Peter, he approached the two men. "Conor! Alex and Michelle are here. How about you and Pete take Michelle to meet Savvy?" he suggested. "I need to have a quick catch up with Alex in the meantime.

Whilst he was nervous, Conor was also quite relieved that he no longer had to anticipate his daughter's arrival. He walked with James and Peter to join Alex, Michelle and Lucy. "It's good to see you again, Alex," he told his ex. His smile was a warm one and his eyes lingered on her for a time before he snapped out of it to look down to his daughter. "Hey, Michelle," he began, crouching down to her level. He briefly pointed to Peter before continuing. "This is Peter and he's Savannah's dad. Do you want to come and met her?" he softly asked. Realising he was getting a little lost in the moment, he snapped himself out of it so the kid didn't wonder why he was looking so fondly at her. "Savvy and her mam are obsessed with milkshake, so I made sure we got plenty of the stuff in for the party tonight. If I recall, you're going to want chocolate milkshake, right?"

James observed Conor for the moment, pleased to see he was interacting with Michelle in the way he was. It wasn't that he doubted him, being that Conor was a natural with his nieces and nephews. He was just worried he'd bottle it. James focused his attention to Alex and gave her an acknowledging nod. "You're looking well, Alex. It's good to see you again." He'd only seen her once since the day he'd murdered her father. Though he knew by now she wasn't holding a bitter grudge against him, it was still something that came to his mind when he'd first heard her name mentioned again. Still, it wouldn't put him off from being frank with her now. "Whilst they all go play, I wouldn't mind a chat with you, Alex," he told her. He glanced to Lucy and made it clear she was free to remain present during the conversation.

Bellz Bellz (Peter, Lucy) neverbackdown neverbackdown (Alex, Michelle, Mallory)

((Tommy and Sinead posts coming up...)

Jackson McCarthy

rsz_jake-dubai-17dec15-04.jpg
Jackson had been running security throughout the whole day, getting up at the crack of dawn to set up fool-proof checkpoints. Instead of keeping the permitter to the front gate, he had instead stretched it out and shut down the whole block. He had security teams at every entrance to the secluded roads, lined with Porter guards and blocked with trucks. He wasn't so much worried about a direct attack, as he was about reporters and private eyes sneaking in here. He knew how boring Dublin got around this time, the last thing he wanted was a bunch of randoms crawling around this family event.

Jackson was leaning against a red Sedan in the road, talking to one of the fellow guards, when two reporters came up to one of the checkpoints. "Aye, mate, family and friends only." The two reporters didn't seem bothered by Jackson's warning, stepping closer to the barriers. "You can't close off the whole street," the reporter responded, eyeing the heavy vehicles and guards. "Like hell we can't, back up," one of the guards responded. Jackson had been prepared to deal with pesky reporters, letting the guard lightly push the guy back behind the barrier. His eyes shot to the second reporter, who had been taking pictures of the road and cars' licenses plates. "Oi, you, come ova' here!" Jackson barked at the camera man. The camera man lowered his camera and gingerly approached him. "Let me see that real quick," Jackson calmly said as he reached for the camera. Grabbing it around the flash, he slammed it against the road, causing pieces of metal and film to scatter across the pavement. Jackson pulled money from his coat and handed it to the camera man. "Now get a fuckin' move on it! Don't let me catch you two snooping' around here again!"

Last edited:
Mallory Porter
dove-cameron-descendants-2-premiere-at-the-metropolis-theater-in-mexico-08-12-2017-1.jpg
Mallory smirked when he told her to stop with the old jokes, she knew that he was messing with her and so she didn’t take it personally allowing a small laugh to pass her lips. She nodded when he mentioned that the difficult part might be giving the present to her mother and Mal smiled “you’ll be fine” she told him "it's all family here anyway" she added as she looked around the room at people conversing. When James brought his attention to her drink, Mal looked to it then back to him "I can handle it" she told him sincerely and a little too bravely, giving away more than she intended to the fact that she may already been acquainted with alcohol. She couldn't help but laugh when he suggested holding her hair back while she got sick "now that is something I would kind of like to see" she laughed as she imagined it.
She watched as her father turned his attention towards Lucy and raised an eyebrow as her noticed the brown haired girl and the little blonde child beside her. She had never seen either girl before and wondered why they were here. She nodded at her father when he said that he had to go sort things, she guessed it was to do with the two new guests. She allowed another smirk to play on her lips "I'll see you later when your holding my hair" she joked as she took a sip of her drink before walking off into the room to find someone to talk to.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

(open for interaction)

Sinead Callahan

29829,xcitefun-isla-fisher-california-style-4.jpgSinead smiled as Peter took the gift from her to set it down on the table. When he wrapped his arms around her waist she smiled to herself, thinking how lucky she was to have a perfect little family and nothing to get between them. When Peter had noticed Conor, Sinead decided to let the two guys talk. Her brother looked troubled, but she was sure Peter would look after him. She kissed Peter's cheek before deciding to work the room and see who she could chat with.

She'd heard the piano being played and a song being sang when Lucy had stepped into the party. She'd been told her cousin Kieran was staying with the Porters so she figured he was the one behind the welcoming song. She first went to pour herself a glass of champagne, which she held gracefully in her delicate hand. After taking a sip, she sought out her cousin. She found him seated in the corner of the room smoking a cigarette. "Hey, those things will kill you," her young feminine voice sounded quite angelic. She took another sip of her drink before placing the glass down on the nearby shelf. "Kieran, is it?" she checked, quirking an eyebrow. "I'm Sinead, your cousin," she introduced herself. At this point she would have given her relative a hug, but being that he was seated and smoking made that quite impossible. Instead, she settled for a bright, infectious smile.

Shireling Shireling (Kieran)

Thomas Dempsey

1519768955775-png.406335
Whilst Tommy didn't know the real significance of Alex and Michelle to the family, he'd been prepared for their arrival so knew to let them both through the gates. Even with Jackson's heavy security before anyone reached the gates, Tommy was still to check everyone entering, on the crazy off chance they've somehow slipped through the net. He loved kids, so thought it was great another one would be gracing the party and apparently entertaining Savvy. The girl had been crying out for some friends in her own subtle little way, so Tommy hoped she and Michelle would get along.

What really made his eyes light up was the arrival of Aliana and she was looking pretty hot tonight. "Good evening, Ali," he greeted her, with a boyish smile. "You're looking stunning," he told her. He decided not to lay it on any thicker, being that there was a somewhat familiar man by her side. Thankfully, he remembered him to be Leo - her brother. That was good news. The last thing he wanted was Ali to show up with a date. "Leo, it's good to see you again," he said, outstretching his arm to give the man a firm handshake. "And please, call me Tommy. I only hear 'Thomas' when I'm in trouble," he joked. "How are you both doing this evening?" he casually asked, though his eyes lingered on Ali longer than he intended.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana, Leo)

Alexandra and Michelle Romano
Michelle-Season-8-michelle-tanner-38462087-534-412.jpg
Michelle smiled when Lucy said that she liked her hair "thank you, I'm blonde like you. See" she said as she messed with a strand of hair with her fingers. She smiled as Lucy said she liked the house as well and grinned while stepping inside when she was welcomed in. Alex smiled at Lucy as they stepped inside, allowing Michelle to let go of her hand, clearly already taken a liking to the blonde in front of them. Alex took Michelle's coat and her own and placed them into the press that Lucy had pointed out before retuning over to Michelle and Lucy. "You have Dogs!" Michelle asked excitedly looking around her to figure out where they were, Michelle loved animals and so currently she was more excited to see the dogs than she was the children her age. "What are their names?" she asked looking back at Lucy again.

Alexandra smiled at Lucy when she looked towards her, giving the woman a small nod to let her know that she was perfectly fine in what she was saying to Michelle. She could see that Lucy felt a little awkward and Alex put it down to having to hide her emotions about Michelle and also the truth about how she was Michelle's aunt. Alex looked up when Conor, James and Peter approached them. She had never met Peter before and gave him a small nod with a smile on her face, from what she had heard he was a great man and she hoped that she would get to know him eventually. "its good to see you too" she replied a smile on her lips as she looked him over and watched as he conversed with Michelle.

"Conor!!" Michelle cheered happily as she looked at the man in front of her, when he knelt down to her level, it took every ounce of self-control to not push him so he fell back onto his bum. She knew now was not the time to do this and that she would probably get an earful from her mam if she did and so she resisted the urge instead smiling sweetly at him before turning her attention to the man that he pointed out. "Hi Peter" she said shooting him a smile before nodding her head "Yes I want to meet her and the dogs" she said making sure that no one had forgotten that she was promised to see dogs. She looked up at Alexandra to make sure that it was okay if she went and grinned when her mother nodded her head. Michelle gasped when she heard about the milkshake and nodded her head exaggeratedly when he asked was hers chocolate. "Yes you remembered" she cheered happily "will there really be milkshakes?" she could be heard to ask as they made their way towards the room when Savannah was.

Alex broke her attention of her daughter and Conor as James spoke up to her, the smile still lingering on her lips as she turned to face him. "Thank you, its good to see you's again as well, I see you's have done well for yourselves" she commented as she looked around the room they were in. When he mentioned wanting to speak to her, Alex nodded her head "off course James" she replied. Alex already knew what this conversation was going to be about and honestly had been anticipating it all morning. She was glad that it was going to be had right off the bat so that she wouldn't spend the evening anxious for it.

Bellz Bellz (Peter and Lucy)
Misty Gray Misty Gray (Conor and James)

Kieran Joyce
"Hey, those will kill you," came a voice through the din, directed at him. Kieran looked down at his cigarette and back up at his cousin, Sinead. "Perhaps so," he began in reply, "but I believe it was Chesterton that said find something you love and let it kill you." She introduced herself and he half-raised his wine glass in salute, sipped, and tipped his hat jovially in response to her warm and friendly smile.

Rory Finnegan General.JPG
"Yes, Kieran it is. The prodigal Irishman astray in America to you lot, I suppose." He said. It was obvious that the more wine he drank the thicker his lower-class Irish-American brogue would get until the point where he almost sounded like the Lucky Charms man. "Ah, Sinead is such a lovely name. Mrs. Callahan, what do you think of this beautiful party?" Kieran turned his eyes out towards the crowd in the lounge as he drained his fourth glass of wine.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Sinead Callahan

29829-xcitefun-isla-fisher-california-style-4-jpg.406679
Sinead flashed an uncertain smile as Kieran recited a quote to her. "Chesteron? Was he the Prime Minister of England?" she curiously asked. More than likely she was getting mixed up with Churchill. She perched herself in the armchair opposite her cousin and retrieved her glass to take another sip of champagne. "I don't know, though. I don't think I'd want to be killed by anything I love. I've only ever heard of bad things killing people or people killing people through hate," she told him, a hint of sadness breaking through her voice.

Sinead tried not to let her misinterpretation cast a shadow on their conversation, so she eagerly listened to what else Kieran had to say. "Kieran, I think you've found your way back home," she told him. Sinead had been born in America and spent over 20 years there, but since moving to Ireland she knew this place was her home. Her heart now belonged in Dublin. The only pieces of her that remained in Chicago were the memories of those she'd lost their - her daddy, Emmet, and her first love, Giovanni.

She couldn't help but blush when he complimented her name. "Thank you, my dad gave it to me," she told him, briefly looking down into her glass. Then she was asked for her thoughts on the party and she looked over her shoulder to see some of the others. "Oh, I think it's just wonderful. It hasn't even got started yet, though. So I hope you're ready for a long, late night and a bit of craziness!" she enthused. "Are you liking it here, so far? Our family is really something, huh?"

Shireling Shireling

James Porter

1519768899184-png.406329
James waited until Conor, Peter and Michelle had walked away before he continued to speak with Alex. He followed Alex's gaze around and nodded his head. They had done well for themselves and whilst he never took it for granted, he knew the family had worked hard and sacrificed a great deal to get to where they now were. He folded his arms and sent Lucy a glance. Even if he wanted to let rip about what was eating him, he knew Lucy would have disapproved. Luckily, he was intending on being more civil with his words.

"It is good to see you and I look forward to becoming acquainted with Michelle," he began. There was clearly a "but" coming - it couldn't be any more obvious. "But it would have been better to have met her... what... about seven years ago?" he rhetorically asked. "You should have told me when you came here looking for Conor that day. I would never had sent you away, Alex. I would have had Conor dragged back here to accept responsibility and make sure he was in the girl's life." It was clear James wasn't just annoyed with Alex, but he was frustrated with himself for letting her walk away so easily that day. "Why didn't you say something?"

neverbackdown neverbackdown (Alex)

Alexandra Romano
large.jpg
Alexandra looked at James the smile still on her face as he nodded his head to her statement. It was strange to think how far they had come since leaving Chicago. James was now head of the Irish mob , living in an amazing home and Alex owned her own restaurant. They had all grown in the last ten years and yet being back with them again made her feel as though it was back ten years ago.

When James began to speak again, Alex waited for the inevitable ‘but’ and she didn’t have to wait long. She listened to his words and could see that he was annoyed but she picked up on the fact that he was not just fully annoyed with her. When it seemed he had finished Alex allowed a small frown to fall onto her lips. “James when I came here seven years ago you made it clear that me and Conor were better left as a memory from America” she said slowly “I know for Conor and Michelle I should have said it but I just didn’t want to be kept around out of pity or because it would have been the right thing for you to do” she explained as she looked from him to Lucy before diverting her attention back to James. “I had just been chased from Italy by a family who I thought I could trust but were furious when they found out it was Conor’s child, I didn’t deal with the rejection well at the time and I didn’t want you’s to be forced to take me in, I didn’t have anything here, I was renting a crappy little run down apartment when I came here” she explained “look I’m not here to give you a sob story it was partly pride and partly still strugglingly with rejection” she bit her lip nervously as she looked back towards when Michelle had gone. “I’m sorry”

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Bellz Bellz

Kieran Joyce
"It agrees with me," he admitted, leaning back on the lounge chair he had found and puffing ponderously into the air. He continued, "Family is a peculiar thing, because when I was growing up it was just meself and mother and father. Family gatherin's were seldom and they were always quite forced because everyone lived so far away, you see, so you felt as though you had to leave before you even got there you dread the drive so much. It's not the orthodox setup, but I suppose here's a family like the Good Lourd intended all the same."

He blew smoke again before shifting gears, "I think I should like to take a drive up to County Galway, the village of Oranmore. There's a little whitewashed hovel, not to far south of the old town church. That's where my great-grandfather grew up, on my father's side," he explained.

"I think I'll take a drive up in a month in my coupe, see what there is to see. My father's family is all dead now, I'm most all that's left of the Joyces but I would like to talk to whoever lives in that house now. Wonder if they ever feel the ghost of me grandfather, his little feet on the warn wood." His eyes glazed over in a faroff look before focusing again. He looked back at Sinead and smiled apologetically. "Pardon me for making you privy to me own nonsense. Your family is wonderful people."

Misty Gray Misty Gray

James Porter

1519768899184-png.406329
James sighed as Alex told him he'd made it clear she and Conor were better off left as a memory, when they last spoke. "Yeah, I know I said that. I thought nothing good was to come of you two being together after everything that had happened. But I wouldn't have said that if I'd known about Michelle. She could have been a positive influence on both of you. I can see you've grown up and come out of this in a great position. Conor hasn't quite managed to do as well as you have though." He listened as she explained she hadn't wanted to be kept around out of pity and whilst he could understand that, he wasn't sure if anything could change his beliefs. He felt like Michelle had needlessly spent all of her life so far without knowing her father. "I'm sorry your family rejected you, Alex," he told her. As he listened, he realised he could go on all night about Michelle only just meeting Conor, but he knew it wasn't going to change anything and it was what happened from now that mattered to all involved. "Don't apologise to me," he softly told her. "Let's all just hope we can put everything right now. The sooner Conor tells Michelle the truth, the better," he added, not fond of Conor wishing to put off the revelation. "You enjoy yourself, Alex. See if you can sort Conor out while you're at it," he suggested, with an encouraging smile.

James pulled a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and decided to get some air whilst he smoked. Excusing himself from Lucy and Alex, he headed out of the front door. He walked down the steps before taking a seat on one of the garden benches, casually observing the perimeter of the garden which his trusted employees and friends were guarding. A wide smile formed on his lips as he was approached by one of the family dogs, Duke. With Lady and Samson now ten years old, James had adopted Duke over a year ago and trained him up as a guard dog. The animal was great with the family but tended to only follow the orders of James, Lucy, Jackson and Tommy. As he stroked the dog behind the ears, his thoughts turned back to the party and his hopes that the majority of the guests would arrive soon so Lucy could receive her gifts.

neverbackdown neverbackdown (Alex) Bellz Bellz (Lucy)

416x416.jpg

MV5BMTc1OTg4MTI0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzMzOTc1OQ@@._V1_.jpg
As the two siblings spoke to Thomas, one noticed something the other didn't. Watching the two of them interact, Leo narrowed his eyes for a moment with a sly smirk. To him, it was obvious that Thomas had a crush on his sister. The way he looked at her for a second too long. What was entertaining about it all was that Ali seemed not to pick up on it. He was snapped out of his thoughts as he shook the other man's hand. "Oh, right. Yeah, I definitely remember you." Stuffing his hands in his pockets, he looked at his sister, who was giving a small smile. He wondered what it was for. Ali turned her attention back to Thomas. "Well thank you Tommy. You aren't looking too bad yourself." A cough from Leo made her roll her eyes and look at him. He just scratched the back of his neck as she pushed him up towards the house. "Hopefully we'll see you inside soon hmm?" He yelled back towards him.

"I swear, you're more annoying now than you were a few years ago." Ali told him as they made their way up the stairs. Leo just scoffed and put his arm around her. "And you're just as naive!" He retorted back, childish grin on his face. Ali took a pause but before she could say anything about it, he had reached the door. "Best behavior." She told him before the two walked in. Immediately they were hit with lively music and people talking and immediately Leo got tense. He usually did when so many people were around and when she noticed this, Ali put her arm through his and patted him on the back. The gift bag in her hand was taken and she called after him. "Oh please be careful with that!" She had to watch her tongue, seeing little kids run around.

Quickly she went on the hunt for the birthday girl, charming and smiling at the acquaintances she came in contact with. Leo found it amusing that she knew so many people. So many different connections being made and that was something he wanted to be apart of, no matter how small. Hearing his sister get excited over seeing someone shocked him and brought him out of yet another train of thought. "Lucy, love. Happy Birthday!"
Mentions: Thomas ( Misty Gray Misty Gray ) Lucy ( Bellz Bellz )

Sinead Callahan

29829-xcitefun-isla-fisher-california-style-4-jpg.406679
Sinead smiled as Kieran seemed to be enjoying his cigarette. He wasn't the only family member to smoke, but she just liked to give them some lip about it anyway. She listened as he spoke about growing up in a smaller family than she was used to. She'd always been around a relatively large family, so she'd been used to having lots of people around. Even when they were rowdy and even when others were angry with her, Sinead always appreciated having family closeby. "Do you see your grandparents often? I mean, my grandparents too, I guess. I'm sure you know about them cutting ties with my mum when she married my dad. I just wonder what they're like, though. Y'know?" she asked. Shannon had never had a good relationship with her religious parents and things ended on bad terms. Since then, she'd always flat out refused for her kids to know their "snobby" grandparents, but it didn't stop Sinead from being curious.

"Oh, I've never been to County Galway. You make it sound cute, though," she said, flashing an innocent smile. Her smile dropped to a more solemn expression as he mentioned his father's family were all dead. "That's sad to hear, Kieran. I'm sorry..." she softly told him. "It sounds like you might have a lot of good memories, though. I'm sure there'll always be a place in your heart for those you loved, whether or not they're still with you."

Sinead laughed a little when he suggested he'd been talking nonsense. "Now you're talking nonsense suggesting your beautiful memories are nonsense!" she lightly ticked him off. "My family is your family, Kieran. We're all cousins and it's great to have you with us too. " Sinead sent him a warm smile, always appreciating how close everyone was and embracing their strong family ethic. No matter how bad things got, she knew there would always be someone to put a smile of her face. Thinking of such made her miss her cousin Finn - a relative on her father's side. He always gave amazing hugs and had always been there for her when she needed him in the past.

Shireling Shireling

Peter Callahan
lz6mI2hhVrGu640fxm9GQkv4V7l.jpg
Peter had been concerned for his brother-in-law, wondering what had been worrying him so much; the news he gave him was unexpected and shocking to say the least. Peter didn't know what to say at first as Conor revealed that the woman he had been with 10 years ago now was here and had his child in tow. Peter nodded along as he watched his son bounce away to go find another person to play with, taking in Conor's words. "Well, I have your back mate, I think what you are doing is very honorable and I bet she's gonna love you no matter what." He smiled and patted the man on the shoulder before James' voice rang out, stating that Alex and Michelle were here.

Peter followed silently behind everyone and when he was introduced to the little blonde girl, he gave a small wave and smiled her way. Along with a smile for Alex whom he had never met before but was willing to get to know now that she was back in Conor's life. Once everything was said and done, Peter, Conor and Michelle headed towards the outside where the kids were playing with the dogs. "Well I think you will love the dogs Michelle, its seems that all the kids do! Lady, Samson, Duke and Pistol love to play with them." He revealed to the girl as he opened the double doors that lead to the outside. "Savvy! Emmy! There is someone here who would like to meet you!" He called out to his girl's wondering where Braden ran off to now, not seeing him around at the moment.

Lucy Porter
Amber%20Heard%20cleavy%20in%20tight%20dress%20at%20Art%20of%20Elysium%20Heavan%20gala%20in%20LA-04.jpg
The conversation between James and Alex was a rather quick one, but serious nonetheless. She had known about the things that had been said to the Romano girl 7 years ago, and at that moment in time she felt that her husband had made the right decision for Conor, who was still struggling like he was now. Lucy had chosen to stay silent, listen to both sides of the discussion. When it was done, James excused himself to move outside for a smoke and Lucy watched him go before turning to Alex and smiling her way again. "Well regardless of what happened before, we are really glad that you are here with us now...if you ever need help or a place to stay or anything, you just let us know okay?" She asked Alex, giving her a stern look like a mother would give a child, making sure that Alex would agree to what she was offering. Lucy wasn't doing it out of pity or because she felt that she was doing something nice. She was doing it for the sake of her brother and the new family that was to be. Conor needed this more than anything else, parenthood will throw him into responsibility. At least she hoped it would...she had faith in him. Lucy was just about to speak to Alex some more when another voice rang out.

"Lucy, love. Happy Birthday!"

Turning, Lucy saw Ali and whom she believed to be her brother, if she recalled correctly walking towards her. "Ali! Thank you darling!" She said back to her before giving her a hug. Lucy became aware of the situation she was in now, understanding that Conor had also been with this girl on numerous occasion. This would be fun. Ali, this is Alex, Alex this is Ali." Lucy introduced as she pulled away from Ali's embrace. She looked to Ali, giving her a slightly pointed look, hoping the woman would be okay with Alex around. She was sure by now that Conor had to have said something to most of the adults in the room.

Conor Sullivan
Savannah and Emery Callahan

1519768939277-png.406334
Peter's support was reassuring to Conor and it helped him to know he had his family there to help him do this. "Thanks, Pete. That means a lot, mate," he told him, giving him a friendly pat on the shoulder.

Conor had felt his heart skip a beat when Michelle cheered his name upon his arrival, feeling warmed by the girl's enthusiasm for seeing him again. He stood back up as she mentioned wanting to meet Savvy and the dogs. Judging by her excitement about the dogs, she clearly was part Sullivan. "Of course I remembered. Jeez, what kind of weirdo wouldn't remember milkshake?" he joked. When they headed outside to find the other kids, Conor walked alongside Michelle.

Outside, Emmy was sat on one of the garden benches whilst Savvy stood opposite with Lady and Samson sat patiently at either side of her as she seemed to be asking them to perform tricks. Savvy looked up when she heard Peter's voice, a pleased smile on her lips upon seeing her dad had joined them. She saw Conor too and a child she hadn't seen before. Emmy quickly turned around in her seat and a wide grin grew on her face as she listened. "Girls, this is Michelle," Conor introduced them to his daughter. "Michelle, this is Emery, and this is Savannah," he said, motioning to each girl respectively.

1519768924866-png.406331
"Hi Michelle. We were asking the dogs to give paws and they did. Then Samson high-fived me and it was so funny!" Emmy quickly explained, before stopping to take a deep breath. "Daddy, please will you sit next to me please?" she asked, patting an empty spot beside her as she looked up to him, wide-eyed. "Will Lucy let the dogs come live with us?" she then asked. She couldn't have a cat so maybe she could try her luck asking for dogs.

Savvy let her little sister get the words out of her system, knowing how chatty the girl could be. Once she found a gap in conversation, she nodded her head to Michelle. "Hi Michelle, you can call me Savvy," she said, the flow of her speech much calmer than Emmy's. She was sure Michelle would want to stroke the dogs. Who wouldn't? "This is Samson," she said, stroking the Rottweiler's head. "And this is Lady," she said, tickling the German Shepherd dog behind the ears. Savvy was quite soft spoken and she was much shyer speaking with other kids than she was with adults.

"Both dogs are ten years old. A few months older than you two girls," Conor told Michelle and Savvy. He then took a seat on the bench, to the opposite side of Emmy to where Peter had sat at. "Are there any more dogs?" Conor prompted Savvy to continue talking; trying to help her relax a little.

ezgif-1-b147ba597d.gifSavvy looked to Peter and Conor for a short time before looking back to Michelle, happily nodding her head as she thought about Conor's question. "There's Duke too, but he's only young and he's a guard dog, so he spends lots of time looking after the house and hanging out with the men at the gates. There's Pistol too, but he's inside and he's really small. Emmy always tries to pick him up so we have to leave him alone so he doesn't get hurt." Savvy smiled at Michelle. "You can pet Samson and Lady, they're not tiny and they love being stroked."

neverbackdown neverbackdown (Michelle) Bellz Bellz (Peter, Emery)

Last edited:
Alexandra Romano
large.jpg
Alex listened to James as he spoke and she slowly nodded her head “I just hope he will want to tell her” she said softly. Alexandra was worried that Conor would never feel comfortable enough to tell Michelle the truth, especially not knowing what he had gone through the last ten years. Alex however would never voice these fears to Conor, afraid that her doubt would freak him out and push him away. “I’ll see you later James” Alex told him as he made his way towards the back garden.

When Lucy spoke to her Alex focused her attention on her allowing a smile to play on her lips “thank you Lucy” she said sincerly. While Alex didn’t feel like she could in the past, she was now sure that she could come to the Porters/ Sullivans if she needed help. She would have to now considering Michelle.

Alexandra followed Lucy’s gaze when someone spoke to her. She allowed a pleasant smile to play on her lips as she looked at the woman in front of her. “Hi Ali, it’s lovely to meet you” she said.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Bellz Bellz
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

(Michelle coming soon)

Kieran Joyce

Rory Finnegan General.JPG
Kieran smiled politely. "Yes, I think you may be right." He rose from his chair and rubbed his eyes like he had just remembered something. He sat back down and gave a non-verbal apology for this strange behavior in the form of an embarrassed smile. He then promptly shifted gears. Conversations with Kieran were like riding sidecar in the Dakar Rally, like being at the mercy of an expert in tones of voice and modes of speaking who flitted effortlessly from first to third and fourth gear and back again.

"Well, I'm in Ireland for the next eighteen months. Is there anything you would suggest I do before I go whither the Holy See needs me?" He asked, turning to face Sinead.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Michelle Romano
Michelle-Season-8-michelle-tanner-38462087-534-412.jpg
Michelle laughed when Conor asked what weirdo would forget a milkshake, “only a really weird weirdo” she told him “or someone like the useless shit at mammys work” Michelle added clearly not put much thought into her words as she repeated something that she had heard her mother say to Fallon. Also she sneakily got a curse in while her mother wouldn’t hear her.

Michelle’s eyes fell on the dogs as soon as they came into sight but She ripped her vision away from them and towards the girls as Conor introduced them to her, she would get to pet the dogs soon enough. Michelle smiled at each other before focusing her attention on the younger one as she began to speak to her “Hi Savannah, hi Emery, that sounds really funny, will you show me how to do that sometime?” She asked to show she was interested in what she had to say, looking at the younger girl with a smile. Michelle loved little children and really wanted a little sister but her mother refused saying it wasn’t possible, Michelle personally just thought she was being selfish but Alex wouldn’t change her mind!.

When the girl about her age spoke up , michelle instantly realized that this girl was a little shy and she kept on a sweet smile as she slowly approached the girl and the dogs. Michelle slowly reached out and petted each dog, grinning as she did so. “They’ve such cool names, like you” Michelle told her looking towards the girl “I like Savvy, I don’t really have a nickname but some people call me Shelly so you can too if you want or you can help me come up with one?” Michelle explained before looking back at the dogs again. “I have a dog back home, his name is Rocco and he’s as old as Lady and Samson” she added a little hesitant in saying the dogs names, worried that she had said them wrong. Michelle chatted happily with the girl while petting the dogs. She thought back to what Savvy was doing when they came out and grinned possibly having found a way to get the girl to be comfortable and less shy “so can they do any tricks?” She asked looking from Savvy to Emery hoping to get both girls involved.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Bellz Bellz

Eli Porter

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

Eli was shocked by the magnitude of the Porter Mansion. He hadn't talked to his brother in over five years, so the view of this estate was brand new. He figured his older brother was living comfortably, but that was a bit of an understatement. The red Chrysler rolled down the open pavement, towards the section lined with parked cars. Eli's eyes traced across the guards and guests. They didn't seem right. Their skin vibrated like electric waves on the boarder of their outline. Their faces resembled rotting pumpkins with their horrid features slowly melting off. "Excited to see, James?" One of the IWU members asked him. Eli menacingly turned his head to the man, his dry eyes not bothering to blink. Soon, his blankness stare meet the gaze of the guard. "I ain't no seen ol' James in a lot of kilometers back in Chicago's river." Despite the guard's confused gaze, Eli's deathlessly serious face made it apparent that he wasn't even listening to himself talk. "What the bloody hell are you on ab- Mickey, what time is it?" The guard shifted his gaze to the driver, who instinctively checked his watch. "Half past noon," The chauffeur responded. "Gah, hold on." The man dug into an unresponsive Eli's coat pocket, retrieving a bottle of prescription pills. "Have you taken these yet?" The man asked, attempting to obtain Eli's full concentration. Eli's gaze continuously wandered, prompting the man to shift infront of his face. "Take 'em before you go in." Eli's deranged eyes finally fell on his, his lips slowly parting. "I ain't seen nothing to swallow 'em with." The guard moved for the glass of scotch, shoving it towards Eli. Keeping his gaze locked on the guard, Eli shoved a handful of the pills in his mouth, before washing it down with the fiery scotch.

Just as his boots hit the gravel, the symptoms sucked back into his subconscious. Like he was driving in, he was just as astonished by the luxury James was living in once he stepped inside. "What do I gotta' do 'round here to talk to my dear brother?" Eli openingly announced as his eyes fell on James. Eli's bulky frame moved down to his older brother, allowing the IWU members to trail behind him. "There he is. You've got a lovely home." Despite how happy he felt to see his brother, his lips remained parted and emotionless, as always.
Misty Gray Misty Gray (James)

Last edited:
1fcb0b5c64ace967c3b80a7494322653.jpg

MV5BMTc1OTg4MTI0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzMzOTc1OQ@@._V1_.jpg

Ali wasn't prepared to meet the woman so early on at the party. She had just arrived and here she was meeting the woman who brought about so much change by just being there. It annoyed her, all the change and while she tried to be friendly, her words didn't come out that way. "So you're the ex..." She said slowly, adding a 'hmm' at the end and nodding her head. Even Leo could tell how tense the situation was and cleared his throat. "Uh, Ms. Porter happy birthday. I'm Leo, you remember? The adopted brother." He said scratching his neck, praying Ali would stop looking Alex over. "Right." Ali said, breaking out of her own little trance. "Leo, the big little brother. I think I'm going to get a drink." And off Ali walked away, off to find some alcohol to smooth her over.

Leo kind of stood there, awkwardly in the tense air. He looked at Alex and Lucy before rocking on his heels. "Well I... It was uh... Lovely to meet you, Alex." He put his hands in his pockets, trying to find the words to say to make the situation a little better. "I'm sorry for her, by the way. She's weirder than I am around new people?"
Mention: Alex( neverbackdown neverbackdown ) Lucy ( Bellz Bellz )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back