• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Family Affair: The Irish Mob - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Arlene Sullivan and Grace Armstrong
Dublin Theatre

1530374755970-png.457574
Grace knew Quinn was right, that Jared had good reason to want to be overprotective, seeing as the man was standing up to the likes of the dangerous Porter family in his election campaign. Still, it didn't mean she was happy about it one bit. She'd previously been able to enjoy her freedom, other than being nagged about keeping up with her studies. When her brother mentioned Carter and referred to him as a sleazeball, she briefly rolled her eyes. She didn't mind the man, so would prefer he was picking them up than some miserable guy who didn't try to speak to them.

Arlene was surprised to see Grace approaching, along with Quinn close behind. She knew she had the ability to remain cool and continue the act she'd first put on when she first met the Armstrong kids. However, she was currently in the presence of Lucy - a woman who was more likely to be recognised. Furthermore, her cousin probably wouldn't approve of Arlene continuing the act, especially given James had rejected the idea days ago. "Well, hey there you two," she pleasantly greeted them, putting on a bright smile. "You're both looking very smart this evening." When Grace mentioned the photograph and the family name, Arlene had to stop herself from shooting a glance Lucy's way, figuring the woman would immediately catch on to who they were. She looked to Quinn as he greeted her and thanked her for her help at the parade. "Don't worry about that, doll. I was new to Dublin, but that didn't mean my natural instinct wasn't to help you all," she assured him. "I loved the show. It reminded me of home," she enthusiastically told him. The act was already becomming too natural to Arlene, though she suspected Lucy would have something to say on the matter once the current exchange was over with.

When Quinn asked who was with her, Arlene turned to Lucy and tried to engage how her cousin was respond to the situation. Quinn's compliments towards Lucy brought an amused smile to her own face, wondering if he was always using the charm. Arlene managed to remain composed when Quinn mentioned Lucy looked familiar. She brought her attention to Grace, noticing the teenager looked content and apparently perfectly happy in the present situation. She quickly glanced to Quinn when he referred to Lucy as 'Mrs. Porter'. Clearly, he'd recognised her and Arlene wondered what that meant to him. How much did he know about Jared's war with the Porters? Was he on his father's side? His tone certainly suggested his perception of the Porters wasn't exactly a positive one. Her eyes moved back to Grace whose bright smile had faded and the teenager's body language was now more closed.

1530369065296-png.457561
Grace heard Quinn when he mentioned Lucy's surname. She knew enough about the Porters from her father than know they were dangerous. Arlene had seemed far from dangerous and it was hard to believe Lucy was one of the criminals she'd been warned about. Still, Grace knew looks could be deceiving and she found herself wondering where Arlene fit into the criminal organisation. She liked the American woman, so found it hard to believe Arlene wasn't genuine. "It's a pleasure to meet you too, Lucy," she replied. Though she smiled, she wasn't as good an actress as Arlene, so her apprehension was clear to see. She looked to Quinn who would no doubt realise she was unsure of what to do in the present situation. They'd been told to stay well away from the Porters, yet right now they were standing face to face having a conversation with them. As much as she wanted to rebel against her father and test the waters, something in the back of her mind now told her this could be dangerous and perhaps even a trap. What if they'd been followed to the theatre? Grace saw the familiar vehicle belonging to Carter and patted Quinn's shoulder. "I'd love to keep talking, but it's really cold out here and this rain is going to ruin my hairstyle," she spoke up. "It's been lovely seeing you again, Arlene," she told her, flashing another smile. She hoped this was enough of a cue for everyone to know she really did want to get out of the cold. Out of the current situation.

Bellz Bellz (Lucy) Fletchawk Fletchawk (Quinn)
Time to post?? : Enzyme Enzyme (Carter) Bellz Bellz (Minnie)

Last edited:
Conor Sullivan

1530314321611-png.457264
Conor watched Alex hug Michelle and was at least grateful the woman hadn't rejected her daughter in her confusion or lack of memory. After a little more time, he noticed Alex look down to her shoulder to find the gunshot wound she'd received back when their relationship started and she killed one of then men who Vinnie had sent to attack Conor. He wondered how much of that she remembered. It had been something only he and Alex knew about, as he made her run from the scene of the murder rather than risk being arrested by the crooked cops who had been involved.

When Alex mentioned James, Conor faintly smiled but then quickly shook his head. "James is your cousin, love," he said, as Michelle also said it. "That was nothing to do with James," he assured her, referring to the gunshot wound. "You got that over ten years ago when some guys attacked us next to my pub... The Emerald Pub, back in Chicago..." he explained. When Michelle asked if James had hurt her, Conor frowned as he felt like he was trapped in the middle of two opposing courses of action. He needed to tell Alex everything for her own sanity but he needed to tell Michelle very little about the past. "Your mum and James didn't always get along, but they patched up their differences before you were born, Shelly." Conor sighed and reached into his pocket before handing Michelle some cash. "I need to speak to your mum in private for a few minutes. Can you grab us all some food while I do? If I don't eat soon, I'll waste away," he remarked, known for his large appetite.

neverbackdown neverbackdown (Alex, Michelle)

Sinead Callahan

1530315375594-png.457268
Sinead faintly smiled and nodded her head when Syd mentioned her own recent close call. "I very nearly didn't pull through," she noted. "That's what's only more concerning. All I was doing was having a few drinks,which I consider a safe and normal thing to do. Right now, those four macho boneheads are out doing something that's no doubt very dangerous and so they're basically inviting danger tonight," she admitted. Syd had asked her to talk to him like an adult and she knew how much it hurt to be kept in the dark about things, so she stopped hiding her concerns. "I'm not sure how much you know about our family's past, but it still haunts me. I was sat only a couple of seats from my dad when he was shot and killed - at his own birthday party." She stared down to her hands as the images that were never far away returned to the front her of mind again. "And I know I betrayed my family when I fell in love with Angel, but seeing the bullets ripping into his chest haunts me too. I was there, holding Savvy in my arms as her daddy was killed," she said, briefly cradling her arms to make her point. She then folded her arms and sat back. "People are always saying I'm strong, but I think people give me too much credit. If Petey were to die... I don't think I can take it again."

Sinead cleared her throat and forced herself to regain composure, not wanting to depress her nephew. The Skye conversation was a much lighter subject. "Oh, I saw you both that night," she teasingly told him. "I guess I've been distracted and Skye has been quite tight-lipped on this," she reasoned. She smiled brightly as Syd confirmed he was officially dating Skye, but that smile soon dropped at his use of profanity. "Syd Porter! Watch that potty mouth!" she berated him, but her grin only returned to her face. "I'm really happy for you both. You're a wonderful young man and Skye is a darling, so I think you'll both stay really happy together. You're both so sweet," she gushed. "As for Emery... I guess I'm just training her up to be my little gossip detective. Your Grandma and I don't have much at all in common, but I did inherit my mum's nosy nature," she admitted. She frowned a little at his last comment. "Oh, Syd. I hope you get to take Skye on a real date soon. There's so many places you need to experience together," she said, trailing off as she started to get lost in romantic daydreams.

Suddenly, Sinead got up from her seat and smoothed out her pretty yellow dress. Though things didn't sound heated, she could still hear her children's voices coming from the lounge and knew they shouldn't be left unsupervised for too long. James and Lucy had some very nice furniture and ornaments which Sinead didn't fancy having to replace. "Thank you for listening to your aunt drone on, but I should see what those three tearaways are getting up to!"

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

1530809251665-png.459463
Syd Porter

"Poison's a cowardly route to take if you ask me. But once they step over that line, the rules go out the window and it becomes a free-for-all," he said. His father's words had been ringing in his head since the day of the parade: Nobody is off limits. "You can't let them stop you living your life, though."

Syd watched his aunt closely as she recounted the tragic events that had transpired back in Chicago, her gaze dropping to the table in front of her. It felt strange to think back to when he was first adopted and was naive to the grief and anguish his family were going through at the time. Despite their fresh start in Dublin, the trauma had clearly carried over and in the last ten years Syd had picked up enough details from conversations going on over his head to know the weight everyone still carried on their shoulders. It wasn't often talked about in depth however, and especially not graphically, so he respected Sinead for sharing a sensitive part of her past with him. When she sat back in her chair, he mirrored her.

"Well, you are strong," he lightly objected. "You've proven that enough times. But, you know, when you don't want to be...you've got us." Syd looked at her with a warm but sincere expression. Even though she had just poured her heart out to him there wasn't much he felt like adding. He could tell her she wasn't alone, but he wasn't keen on anyone knowing how afraid he was of his dad not coming home on nights like these. If he were to give the anxiety a voice, it would only make it harder to ignore.

The two of them relaxed a little when the conversation turned to Skye, an effect she seemed to have on people even when not around. He smiled serenely as Sinead gushed over his new relationship. She looked almost happier than he felt. When she mentioned that she was training Emery to seek out gossip for her, he raised his eyebrows and said with a laugh, "Well, you're doing a fine job!"

Soon she got to her feet and he mirrored her once more, making his way over to the fridge as she excused herself to go and find the children.
"Yeah, you'd better go before they realise no one's got their eye on them," he grinned, grabbing two bottles of Guinness in one hand. He lingered in the kitchen for a moment after she had left before heading upstairs. Sinead's excitement no longer embarrassed him but rather boosted his confidence, and their conversation had left him with a smile on his face as he thought about how lucky he was to have that kind of support.

Syd knocked on Delilah's door, but didn't give her much of a chance to respond before entering. Finn was at her side, needle in hand, and he knew she didn't do well with blood. At least she was awake, though. He let the door close behind him as he made his way over to her bedside and sat on the floor with his back against her chest of drawers.
"Don't watch him do it, sis," he said, casually cracking open each bottle in turn and taking a swig from one. He placed the other atop the chest, pushing it towards her suggestively. "I told the kids not to bother you 'cause you need to rest, but I'm your brother and bothering you is kind of my job. So, forget the needle. Look, I've brought booze to cure you of your boredom - that one's for you, when you're ready for it. How're you getting on?"
The question was aimed at either of them, and he glanced between the two as he waited for an update of some kind. He wasn't sure if drinking was a good idea in her state, but he knew how agitated and restless he would be feeling if it were him bedridden for days on end and figured she would benefit from some company even if she didn't want it.

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Sinead
ElectricDandellion ElectricDandellion Delilah
Bellz Bellz Finn

Last edited:
latest

Shaking her head at his comment, she gave him a playfully stern look. "Smoking is a terrible habit that you gotta break." She was lecturing alright but she couldn't help herself. Her views on smoking were always that they were deadly little things, even if she had smoked long ago. Upon moving to Ireland and having Leo around she stopped and developed better habits. "I can think of a few ways that could help kick it." She shot him a wink, another attempt at easing up the dreadful feeling that was lingering in the air. "Well of course she thinks you're a delinquent. You're not even following the rules." With a shake of her head, she gave him a playful smile. It soon disappeared when Leo was brought up again.

"He'll wake up. I know it. He's just.... Exactly what you said; he's just taking extra time to make sure his body completely heals..." It was like she was trying to convince herself to believe her own words. A change of topic was greatly needed in any shape or form. But, when it was Tommy taking her hand and asking her out on another date, she was surprised. She tried to play it as cool as she possibly could, hiding they small excitement she was feeling deep inside. "Aren't you just full of surprises today? Asking me out on a date. Yet at the same time threatening to cut off the beard. How cruel are you?"

Peter Callahan
Blind Beggar Pub
hayden-christensen-and-elle-magazine-gallery.jpg
Peter stiffened as the red and blue lights bounced off the walls around them. Peter looked to the trunk of the car, staring so hard that it was as if he was trying to will it to stay shut with his mind, placing his palms on the trunk he pushed down with everything he had. Two officers were harassing a bum before turning their attention to Jackson and Peter. Peter clenched his teeth in irritation, slowly, he turned around to face the officers. He stayed silent as the officers question them. Jackson leaned against the trunk and Peter wondered if he feared the trunk would pop open. The officers didn’t stop there, the men continued closer with a casual pep in there step continuing to question them. Peter stood up a little straighter as both men seemed to be sizing them up, judging them just by the appearances.

Peter smirked as one of the officers commented on how they looked. Peter glanced at Jackson briefly before widening his smirk. ”Ghosts? Mmm no. More like two officers trying to stir up trouble.” Peter said, unable to keep the irritation out of his tone. Looking to Jackson again, he sighed, ”Tell you what chief, to prove that we are okay to start making our way home to our lovely ladies, go ahead and do whatever it is you have to do to prove our sobriety.” Peter knew that this situation would not benefit what they were trying to do. Peter had some beef with the IWU for what they did to Sinead, but he would never really be able to get back at them if they were all arrested. He wondered if Jackson was ready to throw himself in the line of fire like he was. Another glance sent his way, he just met his eyes before he cleared his throat and turned back to the officers.

He thought about Sinead for a moment in the brief silence. Peter was sure his wife would be pissed. She had forever had a huge fear of Peter being caught and sent away to rot in a cell. The small snippets of stories he had heard about the big house was enough to almost make Peter change his mind. Again, his mind went back to Sinead, he was doing this all for her Regardless of if she would be upset, it would all be worth it in the end to know that he had gotten his revenge. That his children could live a safer life in the end. ”You don’t have to take my word for it, but I can tell you right now, we are perfectly okay to drive and head home for the night.” Peter took a step forward towards the officers, most likely pushing his luck with how far he could go before he was taken down. Another small step forward, he watched the men carefully, ”Well?”

With: Officers ; Jackson Enzyme Enzyme ;
Mentions: James ; Ryan Fletchawk Fletchawk

Lucy Porter
Theatre
d00a8aa6c854acb7cb1cef3e29044841.jpg
Poor Grace looked at Lucy as if she was something to fear. Lucy kept a small smile on her face, remaining unfazed by the apprehensive aura that had surrounded the small group. Clearly, something had been said about her family to these kids, and it hadn’t been good. Jared was playing a dangerous game really, how could he let his children be unsupervised like they were now? Lucy’s head turned slightly to eye her surroundings again, wondering if her observations were failing her. Lucy wondered how close these children were with their father, if they were just to believe that her family was dangerous without evidence in proving so. The Porters have plenty of evidence to prove that their father was dangerous. Lucy looked over Quinn and Grace closely before she saw the girl looking over at a car, Lucy stared at it a long moment before Grace made up some excuse about the rain ruining her hairstyle.

Lucy watched as Grace quickly said her goodbyes to Arlene, smiling her way before looking rather awkward with the whole meet and greet. Clearing her throat, Lucy looked to Arlene before looping her arm back with her cousins. ”Still enough time for some food and a drink?” She asked sweetly before turning towards the direction of the car. Lucy wasn’t sure what to think of what just occurred, but she waited until Armstrong’s children were out of earshot before voicing her concerns, ”So,” Lucy murmured to Arlene as she could see their car along with the driver, who was out having a smoke, ”They seem like good kids.” Lucy told Arlene, though she had yet to look her cousin’s way staring blankly out at the sidewalk ahead, the car getting closer and closer. A few silent moments went by before Lucy stopped abruptly, turning to Arlene finally and letting out a sigh. The small droplets of rain was beginning to soak them in the light rain, ”You know you can’t.” Lucy bit her lip before turning back towards the car again, in times like this, she felt like a cigarette. She set her jaw lightly before tapping her index finger against her outer thigh, thinking that a drink would be great at the moment. "There is a reason James said no Arlene, I know its hard to resist but you can't and I support him on this."

With: Arlene + Grace Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Quinn Fletchawk Fletchawk

Thomas Dempsey

1530737383853-png.459118
Tommy smirked when Aliana lectured him about smoking. "Well, if I were to stop smoking, I'd need a new addiction to distract me. So I'm certainly open to hearing the ideas you've got..." he suggestively asked her.

"Perhaps I could take you into the city for the day. We could check out the Christmas fairs and markets, then have a fancy dinner in front of a cosy log fire. What do you reckon?" he asked her. "It's been a long time since I really thought about Christmas and got into the spirit of it all," he admitted. "As for the beard. What's your take on it? I'm kind of on the fence, so perhaps your opinion will be the decider."

For a short time, Tommy looked around the cafeteria and seemed to get lost in his own thoughts. He fiddled with his glasses before finally looking back to Aliana. "Y'know, I spend a lot of time in this place when I was younger. Not as a patient or anything," he clarified. He briefly glanced to his hands before making eye-contact with the attractive woman again. "My old man was a surgeon at this hospital. He was really good at his job and that mean he spent a lot of time working. I used to come here quite often and sit in this very cafeteria and wait for him to take his break. It was sometimes the only opportunity I'd get to see him until he had a day off work." Tommy folded his arms and slouched back in his seat. "That all changed the day my mum was murdered. My dad ended up losing his job but that didn't mean I saw more of him. He just became obsessed with alcohol and exposing the cops, until the pigs shot him." He cleared his throat as he realised his words were unlikely to be lightening their present situation. "My parents wanted me to go to university and get some fancy job. My heart was never in all of that though. I'm not saying I dreamed of becoming a low-life criminal, but I'd gladly have the friends I have now over the stuffy friends my father had when he worked here." Tommy was sure there was a point to this and then he dragged himself back to making that point. "But what I'm really trying to say is... My dad became so obsessed with getting the guy who killed my mum. He ignored how dangerous those behind it were and he lost everything, including his life. The prick who shot Leo is also dangerous, Ali. We have to be careful."

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)

Arlene Sullivan and Grace Armstrong

1530374755970-png.457574
Arlene gave Grace and Quinn a warm smile as she waved them off. As soon as she turned away from them, the smile left her face to be replaced with a colder and more neutral expression. She knew Lucy wasn't going to approve of what just happened and the ideas she had wanted to run with. "Definitely still time for food, Lucy," she agreed, naturally linking arms with her cousin. As they walked, Arlene also looked ahead to see the driver having a smoke by their car. As Lucy spoke up about the Armstrong kids, Arlene looked to her. "Yeah, they do. I'm still not sure how much Quinn knows, but I think Grace is clueless about her father. She would have been easy to manipulate," she admitted. It wasn't that she would hurt or intend to hurt Grace, but as far as Arlene was concerned, the safety of Delilah, Mallory and Syd was more important than that of Jared's daughter.

Arlene stopped when her cousin did and consciously stopped herself from rolling her eyes at the words she expected Lucy to speak. "Well, considering they recognised you and blew my cover, I now know i can't," she remarked. "Honestly, I think James was wrong to reject my idea. I could have made progress, especially with the girl. But it's like I said - too late to go ahead with that plan now anyway." She glanced to the driver, already deciding he would light up a cigarette for her when they finally got to the car. She then looked back to Lucy and sighed. "Of course you're going to support him. He's the boss and he's your husband. I just wish he'd let me do something in all of this. For fuck sake, I survived New York all my life, some of those years I had to fend for myself. I wish James would give me a chance. Your family needs all the help it can get and I came here to help."

Once the two blondes had left them, Grace briefly grabbed Quinn's hand and pulled his arm for them to walk to Carter's waiting car. She let go of her brother's hand before checking both directions and crossing the street. She pulled open the rear door of the car and climbed into the seat directly behind Minnie. She looked to Carter in the driver's seat and sent him a smile. "Jeez, I'm sorry you got put on babysitting duty, Carter. I'd have got you both show tickets if I'd known about this arrangement sooner. Still, perhaps now you can tell my father there's no need for all of this and his kids are capable of attending the theatre without incident."

Bellz Bellz (Lucy)
Fletchawk Fletchawk (Quinn) Enzyme Enzyme (Carter) Bellz Bellz (Minnie)

Jackson McCarthy
Gardai

It was apparent the Gardai weren't having the most comfortable night, so the attitude from Peter instantly made their demeanor more aggressive. One of the officer's stepped forward, his hand moving down to his holstered wooden baton. "If you're uncomfortable in the presence of the law, then you're the ones who are stirring up trouble." The officer stared the two down, no longer in a friendly mood. Jackson's eyes shifted to Peter, slowly shaking his head in a way to tell him to reel it back. Jackson was already on his last legs, the last thing he needed was to be shackled up by the end of the night. As Peter stepped even closer, the officer pressed his hand against his chest and shoved him back in direction of the car. "Back up right now," the officer said in a threatening tone. "Look, lads, clearly we can hold a conversation with you lot," he put his hands up to the two men, trying to de-escalate the hostile situation. "No one in the car has had a sip tonight. We're all perfectly fi-" Jackson was cut off by the sound of the driver's door opening. The officer's eyes shot up to the door, their hands instinctively gripping their batons. As if the stars were aligned, out-leaned Ryan, putting on his best attempt at a cockney accent. It took every ounce of self-control for Jackson not to facepalm himself and slap the cuffs on his own wrists on the Gardai's behalf. "No problem yet, but I'm gonna' have to ask you to take the keys outta' the ignition and step outta' the vehicle," one of the officers calmly ordered Ryan. Jackson prayed that Ryan would stay in the car and get ready to speed off.

Jackson nodded along with Peter, hoping the officers would be able to tell that at least the two of them were sober. "Yeah, we can walk in a straight line if you'd like," Jackson added on, looking between the two. The officer's eyed each other, moving for the large flashlights on their utility belts. Fuck. That was it; they were screwed. Jackson's knuckles lightly tapped on the back of the Imperial to get Ryan's attention. Once he captured it, he snapped his fingers and bent his thumb back in the direction of the road. Jackson could feel the weight of the car slowly pulling away from his palms. As the bright beams of light shinned upon the two, the officer's eyes widened. The dark could no longer hide the blood stains on Peter, Jackson, and the trunk of the Imperial. As if on cue, the vehicle sped off. "Show me your hands!" The officer barked, moving to pull the baton from his belt. "With pleasure," Jackson snarled, as his fist rammed into the officer's gut. He felt the officer crumble over his arm, prompting Jackson to slam his left fist into the back of the man's head. As the surprised officer fell to the cobblestone, Jackson's right hand quickly drifted from his stomach and into the officer's cheekbone in a right hook. "Run, dammit!" Jackson shouted to Peter, allowing the man to get a head start, before running himself.

Once Peter was out of the officer's reach, Jackson ran in the opposite direction. His weary body tried not to comply with his unreasonable expectations of it, but Jackson refused to give in. As he sprinted back into the dark alleyway, one of the officers chased after him as the other retreated into the cruiser to call for backup and to report the '57 Imperial. Soon enough, multiple sirens blasted through the once peaceful night, in pursuit of the three parties.

Bellz Bellz (Peter) Misty Gray Misty Gray (James) Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan)

Last edited:
Peter Callahan
Peter could hear the footsteps getting closer as they stepped harshly against the cobblestone as he pressed his back up against the cold corner of a narrow alleyway, trying to blend in with the darkness around him. The stench was foul from the garbage and the sound of sewer rats as they searched through the filth could barely be heard over the sound of sirens and police. He didn’t understand why he had mouthed off to the police, his words only put them in a shittier situation, one that Jackson had to fight their way out of for him. Peter had ran as fast as his feet would allow as soon as he had been told to, his fight or flight instinct had kicked in. It was natural to run. As a boy, he had been the running champion in the school yard, sometimes even winning small prizes as a result, betting on himself to win every race. Most of the time he had, but even with the small number of times he hadn’t won, Peter still had the stamina and will to run much like he had as a boy. Now he felt tired as he waited, hoping that he wouldn’t be found. He was stupid to have put Jackson and the others in a aggressive situation. He could only think about how he should be the only one paying the price.

Peter gasped out as he suddenly saw shadowy figures of the police, their flashlights staring him down. He quickly made a run for it, the adrenaline running through his veins, jolting him back to life as he moved forward, sprinting towards the other end of the alleyway, which opened up to a main street with quite a few reputable pubs and restaurants. The police were not far behind, Peter grabbed the first garbage can that appeared and he threw it towards the ground. He didn’t look back to see what that had caused before he leaped over a crate that sat in the middle of the alleyway, he stepped to the left, sideswiping another garbage can with his right arm. The shouts of the police were coming closer and closer, other shouts of those who had fallen over Peter’s obstacles were fading away into the background.

Peter reached the end of the alleyway opening, sprinting out into the open road. ”FUCK!!” Peter screamed out as screeching tires, headlights and car horns met him in the middle of the street. He watched as a few cars swerved past him and in front of him, two of them hitting each other before coming to a stop. The sound of metal crashing together caused a loud screeching noise that caused a ringing in Peter's ears. The angry drivers opened their doors, no one seeming to be hurt as their dulled screams were geared at Peter for stepping out into the middle of the road, calling him crazy. He looked behind, seeing that the police would once again gain on him before he looked ahead. The two cars in front of him were blocking his way on the narrow road. Peter had no choice, racing forward he hopped up onto the hood of one of the cars, taking two steps before leaping off of it. Ignoring the shouts of protest, he ran down the street trying to figure out where he would run to next. The busy street was no place for a police chase, but the crowds would prove to be useful.

With: Officers
Mentions: James Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Ryan Fletchawk Fletchawk ; Jackson Enzyme Enzyme ;

Ryan Donahue
Very-James-Bond-dean-winchester-771379_500_332.jpg
Double checking just to make sure that the Gardai were truly not carrying firearms like their American counterparts, Ryan was initially going to comply with their orders as he replied in the same accent. "Will do, sir." He was was about to turn the ignition off and step out to deal with the officers in his own way when Jackson tapped on the back of the Imperial. Looking up at the rearview mirror, Ryan picked up the gest that he was to take off. It wasn't a signal he was expecting, especially they outnumbered the coppers and just him alone outgunned them, but it wasn't the time or place to second guess someone who had more experience on the streets of Dublin than he. Ryan looked briefly over at James and could see that the man was already leaning back into the seat, ready for the acceleration. "God dammit." The grumbled words were more to voice his vexation than to signify stress. As he returned his attention to the rearview mirror to keep an eye on Jackson, the car moved forward a bit from the parking brake being released before Ryan caught it by stepping on the brake and switching the Imperial into drive. It annoyed him that the car didn't have a stick shifter.

Ryan didn't have to wait but a few seconds for a signal, which was when the Gardai flooded the rearview mirror with light, that quickly switched his foot from the brake to the gas pedal and slammed it to the floor. He had imagined that the six point four liter Hemi had some power to it, but he didn't realize that it could bring the just over two tons of steel up to cruising speed as quick as it did. He had always loved the sounds that engines had and the roar that this beast of a V8 produced made Ryan's heart flutter. "I'm so sorry!" He couldn't help but apologise to his newfound object of infatuation for his earlier gripes before he turned his complete attention to the road and mission at hand.

The butcher shop. Their destination once they got the 'package'. Ryan had the map of Dublin that he was shown earlier in the back of his mind as he started following the main route he'd planned after being given time with the map. It was short and direct, but it followed the main roads as Ryan wasn't yet familiar with the alleyways and shortcuts of the city yet. He wasn't planning on having to evade the local authorities and so, even though they'd be easier to spot; Ryan maintained the the predetermined course, hoping that they'd get lucky.

It would seem as though Lady Luck was against them as Ryan and James barely made it three blocks before meeting a patrol car at an intersection. The litany of curses caught in his throat as he watched it quickly drive by in the opposite direction, its lights coloring the buildings, but not before locking eyes with its occupants. Ryan answered the screeching of their brakes with a roar of sudden acceleration from the Imperial. He saw their vehicle whip around as he glanced through rear view mirror after speeding through the intersection. He knew the butcher shop wasn't far, but he'd have to lose his tail first and while the Imperial was undoubtedly faster than what looked to be a Ford Zephyr of the Gardai, the cityscape prevented him from utilizing the advantage. But when he saw an obvious alleyway coming up ahead, a idea popped into his head. A devilish grin grew as a plan unfolded in his mind, and while James may not be overly fond of it, the endeavor would most likely relieve them of their pursuers.

Weaving quickly into opposite lane as to give the cumbersome vehicle some extra leeway, Ryan then spun the vehicle in the opposite direction while slamming on the brakes to bring the car to an intersecting position in the road. While they weren't perfectly aligned with the alleyway that was now behind them, it was still manageable as he put the car in reverse and backed into the dimness a few carlengths. Ryan knew that their followers had seen the large car pull the maneuver that had effectively blocked off the road for a couple seconds, so he wasn't really looking to hide, but if by some miracle they didn't, he'd be okay with that too. After quickly turning off the headlights and switching the Imperial back into drive, Ryan rolled down the window, unsnapped the strap that held his M1911 in its holster, and waited for the hunters to find out what they are actually hunting.

Misty Gray Misty Gray [James] Enzyme Enzyme [Jackson + The Gardai]

Last edited:
Gardai

f09e1c6d5bad61957914ac3a6c986bbd.jpg
The officer who had called for backup clambered out of the vehicle in pursuit of Peter. He had initially seen Peter run down the alleyway to the right of the cruiser. When he ran down the alley, however, there was a substantial distance between he and Peter, after the headstart the man had been given. Luckily, flashing red illuminated the alley as two Ford Zephyrs pulled up to the side street entrance. "He's down the alley; he's down the bloody alley!" The officer shouted to his fellow Gardai. He knew there wasn't a chance he could catch up to the group, so he returned to his Ford Consul. The single siren on the roof instantly lit the dark road as the officer threw the gear into reverse. He quickly shot down the side street, planning on stopping traffic on the primary route. His cheek had begun to swell from where he'd been punched, reminding him that catching these bastards had become personal.

Four Gardai had picked up on Peter. With the alley being as narrow as it was, it wasn't long until they were hot on his trail. One officer had almost caught up to Peter, only a meter away from him. "Stop!" The man shouted as he reached out to grab Peter's collar. Before he could, Peter pulled down the rubbish can behind him. The barrel threw the feet out from under the Garda, his helmet saving his skull from smashing against the cobblestone. The man cursed as his fellow officer's jumped over him to keep in pursuit of Peter. One Garda stopped, attempting to help him to his feet. The man refused the helping hand, instead, he shoved the Garda towards the suspect on the run. "What're ya' doing? Keep on after 'im!" He barked.

The men chased after Peter as he ran out onto the busy road. Multiple cars swerved to avoid hitting him. Luckily, two collided and blocked his escape route. The men continued after him as he moved to run up the road. At this hour, most of the pubs were starting to get busy. The crowd lined themselves out onto the sidewalk, waiting to be let in. The Gardai shoved their way through the crowd, as Peter seemed to slip through every opening. Once they lost sight of him, it became apparent that he had gone into one of the open pubs. The highest ranking Garda stopped, looking to the men around him. "Alright, you lot make sure that backup cuts off the side streets; we're shuttin' this neighborhood down! Mcloughlin, you're coming with me!" The group split up as the two officers bolted into the pub. They immediately stopped in their tracks once they got inside. "Crickey," Mcloughlin muttered. The pub was packed to the brim, making it nearly impossible to find Peter. Just before the man could escape, the high ranking Garda spotted him making his way to the back door. "That way!" He shouted to his partner. The two, far less subtle than Peter had been, began pushing their way through the crowd. "Move! Gardai! Bloody move!"

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Gardai

1966-mk4-zephyr-6-police-car-banne3-1-1.jpg

The Ford Zephyr quickly corrected their mistake once they recognized the reported Imperial. The car took a sharp u-turn, before aligning itself with the back of the of the suspects' vehicle. The Garda in the passenger seat unhooked the megaphone from the center console. He then rolled down his window and lifted the loudspeaker out. "Pull ova' to the side now!" His voice boomed down the open road. It was clear that Ryan had no intentions to do so, leading the officer to climb back in the car. "We got our boys coming up the road soon, his goose 's cooked," he said in a low tone to his partner. Suddenly, the Imperial drifted onto the opposite side of the road, expertly avoiding oncoming traffic. The Zephyr quickly tried to follow but had no choice, but to stop at the yellow dividing lines. "Who the bloody hell drives like that?" The driver asked, slamming his hands on the steering wheel. He shook his head, before looking to his partner. "Follow down Anna Villa, pretty sure he moved down that one-way." The car quickly sped off, moving to circle the neighborhood.

Multiple Gardai cars had redirected to Anna Villa, two patrolling the road. The Zephyrs slowly rolled down the cobblestone, their headlights banishing every shadow that could hide the Imperial. The first Zephyr passed the alleyway that Ryan had parked inside; it's attention drawn to the open apartment gates. The second, however, pulled into the slanted entrance. "There 'e is!" The passenger shouted, moving to the CB radio. "We have spotted the '57 Imperial in an alley on 46 Anna Villa."

The Zephyr, upon spotting the vehicle, immediately threw on its brights in an attempt to blind Ryan. They then opened up their car doors slightly, to be able to fit their Model 27 revolvers between the opening of the doors. The clicking of their hammers echoed down the narrow alley. "Step outta' the vehicle wit' your hands up!" In the distance, sirens could be heard, traveling closer and closer. The longer the Imperial idled in the alleyway, the smaller their chances of escape were.

Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan) Misty Gray Misty Gray (James)

James Porter

1530363398677-png.457525
James tightened his jaw as he watched the two cops approaching Jackson and Peter, as well as the car. Not only was there now a guy stuffed in the trunk of his car, but Jackson's current appearance was bound to raise the pigs' curiosity. As much as he hated it, he knew he and Ryan had to stay put in the car for as long as it was possible. For now, he put his trust in Jackson's and Peter's ability to smooth talk even the cops. He focused his attention on listening to what the men outside the vehicle were saying. The cops were asking if they were safe to drive home, which was easy enough to answer, but he expected more questioning was likely to follow. James was snapped out of his concentration when Ryan opened the car door and addressed the officer. He cringed for a moment as he listened to the poor accent the guy was putting on.

James then saw and heard Peter stepping up to the cops. It was a risky move, but he knew his brother-in-law was trying to keep the men distracted. Not long after, Jackson tapped the car and signalled fro Ryan to drive. As much as he hated to leave the two men behind, Gary was locked in the trunk and if the cops saw him, all four of them would be in even bigger trouble. "Fuck sake... Drive," he simply confirmed to Ryan. As Ryan sped away, tailed by the police, James for once found himself uncomfortable. It wasn't Ryan's driving making him feel that way as he was doing a decent job, but James wished he was the one behind the wheel in that moment. He hated sitting back when he was so fond of driving himself.

When Ryan brought that car down the alleyway, James looked to him curiously. "I hope you know what you're doing," he said, becoming conscious of how close the pigs were.

Fletchawk Fletchawk (Ryan)
Mention: Bellz Bellz (Peter) Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson)

Peter Callahan
”Excuse me, pardon!” Peter muttered as he gently shoved his way through the thick wall of drunks within the pub. It had been an easy way to lose the pigs but now it was becoming difficult to move through the crowds himself, slowing him down. A crowd to his left cheered and hollered, clanging their glasses together and raising them high into the sky. He dodged to the left and dipped under their raised arms before he collided with a drunken man who had been stumbling around with a drink. Peter looked around him, he could hear the cops getting closer but he had yet to see them pop up into his line of sight. The drunken man suddenly put his arm around Peter’s shoulder and pulled him close with a harsh tug. Peter cursed under his breath as the man began to pull him around in a circle, sloshing his drink all over Peter’s shirt. Peter pushed away harshly and stumbled out of the drunks arms. Colliding with one of the bar pillars, he stood against it for a moment assessing what he could do in those few panicked moments he had.

The police could be anywhere around him, lost in the crowd. His eyes searched the crowded pub, unable to see or hear them. Pushing off the pillar, Peter saw a door towards the back over the crowd, a flight of stairs led up to the exit making it a risky escape choice. Taking the risk anyway Peter pushed and shoved his way towards the exit until his hands were handle. The shouts were as clear as day behind him and he didn’t waste any time throwing open the door. Running through and not looking back, Peter raced through the back alley of the pub throwing a few more garbage cans and other trash down on the ground. His footsteps echoed off the walls as he thought he was about to reach freedom. One quick glance behind and he hadn’t seen anyone following him, ahead of him was clear for the moment and he was so sure that he would be making it home. His dream of heading home was shattered when two police officers stepped out in front of him, blocking him from freedom. Peter stumbled backwards, turning toward the alley. Racing towards the end of the alley, he stopped at the end of it, there was no where else to turn. "No." Peter growled out as he turned to look at each wall, noting that the cops were closer and closer. He looked up, seeing a fire escape above him. He was going to make it home. Jumping up, he grabbed the first bar of the fire escape and pulled himself up, arm reaching desperately for the second bar.

With: Officers Enzyme Enzyme
Mentions:

Last edited:
Faye Armstrong
Killiney Hotel
10db83f86790c8e4598d3d1de7307f81.jpg

Faye smiled softly as Jared led her out of the room, reassuring her that he never wanted to see her or the kids hurt, not that she had thought he would for a second. The night air was chilly and Jared pulled her close to him. She happily accepted the extra heat as they walked towards the gazebo. Once there, Faye sat on Jared’s lap as he invited her to do so then wrapping his arms around her to keep her warm. The silence was oddly soothing as she listened to the sound of the waves below the cliff, crashing against the wall of it. Faye shivered in the cold and leaned against Jared’s chest, she closed her eyes as she allowed herself to focus on his warmth. His question caused her eyes to open, he kissed her cheek before resting his chin on her shoulder. He went on to mention the Porters, along with warning her about politics and the dangers of being in it.

Faye listened closely, her head nodding slowly as her husband seemed to let out all of his anxieties about running for Mayor. She held her breath as allowed him to finish. Her eyes looked to his eyes as he stared out towards the open water, her gaze followed and she stayed silent for a moment allowing the crash of a wave to interrupt the conversation, her answer. Faye leaned her head against her husband’s, still staring out at the ocean. ”Jared, you ask me to stand by you, after you know the risks involved with all of this.” She murmured, her tone slightly irritated as she looked at him, her wide hazel eyes staring looking hopelessly into his eyes. ”You ask me, but you already know the answer. “ She said, her tone now firm and sure. ”I’m here by your side until my very last breath. I love you, don’t forget that.”Faye turned around in his lap to face him slightly where she then wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. A part of her worried that Jared may have been referring to something a little more severe than running for mayor, a part of her had been worried about what Jared was into since he spoke of his part in taking down the Porters. She trusted her husbands word, and it would be hard to go against such word and believe otherwise when there wasn't any real evidence to prove it.

He spoke of politics being dangerous and it wasn't hard to see it being so, the Commissioner had been shot down in the middle of a parade, showing that there is really no mercy for someone in a high political position. The worry on Faye's face was now apparent as her brows furrowed together and she bit her bottom lip. With Jared actively trying to take down the Porters, that would certainly make him an easy target for such a threatening act. Her wide eyes looked to her husband, "How are you going to keep yourself safe? I don't think I could take it if...if..." She couldn't utter the word. Swallowing harshly, she shook her head as tears stung at her eyes. The cold breeze picked up and chilled her to the bone as she held Jared closer to her, turning around slowly on his lap to be able to face him better. "I couldn't be without you." She murmured slowly into the side of his neck.

with: Jared Misty Gray Misty Gray

Finn Sullivan
Porter House
b4216c39fe71955b51c565d5b42edbd9.jpg

Finn tip toed inside despite Delilah being awake and smiled softly as she mentioned that she should have woken up a while ago. Finn shook his head softly as she apologized for him checking on her, letting her finish before smiling and responding with, ”Its my job to check on you.” He found himself smiling as he flicked on the lights Delilah seemed to be in the joking type mood which was always a good sign. He figured she wouldn’t be too pleased with the news of a blood test. Now waiting for her permission, he gave a slight nod when she allowed him to touch her arm. Moving forward with expert hands, Finn moved to the center of her arm, feeling for a vein, he touched his index finger over a large vein and pressed a few times. Once it was deemed suitable for the needle, Finn took the rubbing alcohol covered cotton ball and rubbed it against the skin a few times, wiping it clean of any bacteria.

Once that was done, he turned back towards the metal tray he had set out and opened the packaging containing the needle and the tubing. Thinking back to Leo, he cleared his throat. ”I haven’t heard much about Leo.” He answered very honestly, before piecing the two materials together. Addressing the show, he smiled kindly, ”Like I said Delilah, your health comes first, I am happy to make sure you are well taken care of a comfortable.” Moving forward with the needle, the door opened and Finn turned to see Syd in the doorway. Once he was situated on the floor, Finn took the needle again, finding the vein with his finger before poking the needle through the skin. Watching as the blood flowed up the needle and into the tube, he got as much blood as he could get until it began to slow. Grabbing a cotton ball from the metal tray, he placed it over the needle before pulling it out and pressing the ball onto the skin. Setting the tube and needle on the tray, he grabbed his medical tape and wrapped it around the ball, sealing the small poke he made. Finn turned to Syd who had asked how things were going.

”Your sister is making great progress it seems like, I’m just here to take a few samples to run a few tests. Looking for signs of infection and other things that could have occurred after the incident. “ Finn informed Syd before looking to Delilah with a bright smile. ”You are a tough cookie, so I know you will be making a full recovery.”

With: Delilah ElectricDandellion ElectricDandellion ; Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast
Mentions:

latest

"Well, I of course, could be your new addiction. Though, being addicted to me could be a very bad thing." She didn't mean for it to come out, considering it was just a thought, but there was something about Tommy. He wasn't like the other men she had given time and attention to, he genuinely seemed to want to get to know her. She felt more comfortable around him than she had anyone else and it scared her a little. Hearing his plans for their date made her snap her attention back to him. She nodded her head side to side and smiled. "Sounds like a nice evening. Could really get my mind off of everything and yours too, I'm sure. Let's just hope we can actually HAVE a nice evening for once." She joked. Again she reached across the table to play with his beard and laughed. "Keep it for the winter, I like it."

Things took a serious turn when he started to explain more about himself. There were things she did know and things she didn't. She couldn't help but wonder why he was doing this, her mind coming up with the conclusion that he was taking their relationship further. Her heart started beating fast at the mere thought of him opening up so fast, meaning that she would have to open up and she wasn't exactly in the right type of mind set for that at the moment. But, when he got to the point of his statement she settled down. It was about her wanting to find out who attacked her brother.

Her eyebrows furrowed and she shook her head, looking down at her twiddling fingers. "You have to understand something about me, Thomas." She was finding herself only using his government name when she was being serious. "I've known this dark path my entire life. I was born into it. I've been in dangerous situations since I could remember." Looking up at him, her head tilted and her face was unreadable. "There's nothing more dangerous than someone wanting revenge. My mother and I were lost and broken after moving here from America. Leo was lost and broken after losing his family. We saved him and he saved us. If it weren't for Leo, I probably wouldn't be here, to be honest." She started rubbing her arms and took them off the table when she realized she was, in an attempt to hide the scar. "So, I need to find the person who would dare try to take my brother away from me."

Tommy ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Gardai

f09e1c6d5bad61957914ac3a6c986bbd.jpg
"Up the stairs!"
The Garda shouted, his index finger shooting up to Peter running through the back door. The two officers pushed through the remaining crowd and bolted up the five-step staircase. The now heavy down poor relentlessly belted the metal roof that covered the entrance to the back alley. For a second, the Gardai had lost their sights on Peter. A quick flash of lightning, followed by the massive roar of thunder, illuminated the dark alley to reveal Peter halfway down the strip. "There!" Mcloughlin shouted, the two sprinting after the suspect. The Gardai slid across the sleek, soaked, cobblestone, occasionally having to recover from a fall to their hands. The multiple rubbish cans and bottles that were thrown down by Peter created an even more discouraging obstacle course. With the environment fighting against them and the suspect so far ahead, it felt as if Peter was genuinely going to get away.

Just as all hope was lost, the cavalry arrived right on time. The Ford Consul came to a screeching halt, causing the collective water on the road to splash against the side of the alley. The headlights revealed Peter attempting to stop and change his momentum on the slippery terrain. The Gardai quickly jumped out of their vehicle, to follow in the pursuit of Peter. The ambiance of the pouring rain was soon masked by the sounds of the Gardai's pounding footsteps and the aggressive snarls from the K-9 unit. The officers grew closer as Peter was slowly cornered like a rat.

The Gardai watched as Peter attempted to scale the fire escape ladder out of desperation, the foaming German Shephards resting directly below him. The pumping sound of a single shotgun caused the crowd to go dead-quiet, echoing throughout the alleyway. "Not another bar, lad," the officer warned, the barrel of his gun trained on Peter's back. Despite the rainwater pouring down his helmet into his eye, obstructing his aim, it was evident that a single pull of the trigger would do the trick. "Down from the ladder," the officer calmly ordered him. The other Garda stepped closer to restrain the dogs, one unhooking the metal handcuffs from his utility belt.

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Jared Armstrong

1530398819919-png.457693
Jared bit his lip as Faye responded in a way that reflected irritation. He could brush off that kind of response from anyone else, even his kids, but when his wife responded in such a way it did affect him. He didn't liked to disappoint or upset Faye, even if he believed she'd hate the truth about the things he'd already done. He smiled when she told him she would always be by his side. "I love you, darling. It means a lot to know I have your support through this," he softly told her. He gladly accepted her kiss, closing his eyes as he let himself get lost in the moment.

When they broke away from the embrace, Jared still kept his arm around Faye's waist, hoping he was enough to keep her warm. He lifted his free arm and gently stroked her cheek with the back of his fingers, picking up on the worry on her face. "Faye, don't you worry about me. I'm not going anywhere. You don't need to think about being without you. He wiped her tears with his thumb and let out a soothing "hmmmm" which rolled out his mouth like velvet. "I have a team watching my back. And I'm not foolish enough to take any risks, so I've already agreed to have a trusted team keeping an eye out on our home," he assured her. "Carter is working very closely with me too. He agreed to drive the kids back from the theatre tonight... I know having our own security team isn't ideal, but it's just until this election and the heat dies down. Besides, there's a good chance they don't even care about me. The commissioner is dead against criminal organisations, so really, I expect I'm simply the preferable choice... Even for the crooks," he said, flashing a boyish grin, hoping to lighten the mood.

"Come on, Faye," he said, standing up and reaching out his hands to help her to her feet. "We've got a lovely warm hotel to make the most of and I may have underestimated how cold it is outside tonight." Jared would place his arm around Faye to keep her close and help her absorb his warmth. "Seeing the hotel decorated for Christmas has put me in a festive mood. How about you, me and the kids all go shopping tomorrow? We could pick up a new tree and trim the house up. We'll find the biggest tree that will fit!" he enthused.

Bellz Bellz (Faye)

Alexandra and Michelle Romano
Alexandra looked to Michelle when she mentioned James being her own cousin and her face contorted into confusion "but he... eh" Alex stopped herself when Conor began speaking and realized this was not a conversation to have infront of a child. She nodded her head when he explained where she got the wound from, it was now confirmed that everything she needed to know was to come from this man. He seemed to really know her, but his answer did nothing to actually help her confusion. Was she not still in Chicago and if not why did she move? why did she have a gun? and what kind of family drama would lead to her being tied to a chair by her cousin.

Alex was relieved when Conor sugested that Michelle left the room and smiled when as she watched the young child jump up from the bed happily. "you wont waste away, not with your eating habits" Michelle remarked cheekily before the ripping the money out of her father's hand before darting out of the room before he changed his mind.

Alex sat up in the bed, grimacing at the pain it caused before settling herself among the pillows behind her. Her eyes trained on Conor as she tried to decide on what to ask first, she had so many questions and her mind didnt know where to start. "Right start explaining what the hell is going on" she exclaimed "fair enough we got attacked but why on earth did i have a gun on me and how did i know how to shoot it? why did i shoot someone? why did James have me tied to a chair? where the hell am I" all the questions came rushing out of her mouth and her brain struggled to stop them. She took a deep breath before crossing her arms over her chest to try and calm herself down in some sense. "tell me as much as you can before she comes back please" Alex asked in a nicer tone.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Conor)

Eleanor Sheridan
Eleanor had been working shifts the last few weeks and was finding herself quite tired all of the time. She was never in the mood to be socalise or do things and while she liked to blame this on her job she knew that it was to do with some family issues that had come up. Her relationship with Finn was on the rocks and Eleanor knew that if she just told him the truth about her mental state, her would understand but she felt embarrased to tell him, she was ashamed that the family she had left out of her life so long ago was no worming their way back in and making her feel the same way again as they did all those years ago.

Eleanor came home from work early that day, delighted with the news that she had the next few days off. Nursing was a tiring job but she did love it, even with all the disgusting jobs she had to do, she still found it in all satisfying and rewardful. She immediately went to find Finn and snuck up behind him, throwing her hands over his eyes "guess who" she said in the best manly voice she could muster, which even she had to admit was terrible. "Lets go on a date, lets go out tonight just me and you?" she suggested when he turned around "Im sorry ive been distant but i have the next fews off work if you'll let me make it all up to you?" she added with a wink Before her attention turned towards Delilah "How is she?" she asked gently

Bellz Bellz (Finn)

Mallory Porter

Mallory had snuck out that night to meet up with Adam. She hadnt been able to meet up with him recently due to Delilah's state, Alex being in hospital and the fact that her mother and father had really cracked down the whip this time, not that she blamed them but she still wasnt staying at home bored anymore. Mallory made her way towards the bar Adam worked but made sure to stick to the shadows and side Alleys to avoid being spotted by any of her father's goons. she had no doubts that some of them were around town and the last thing she needed was to be dragged home kicking and screaming.

As she kept going down Alleys she heard a ruckus coming from not far infront of her and she raised an eyebrow before moving to stand against the wall, sticking herself into the shadows to try and hide slightly. She could hear the sounds of Sirens lighting up the nightsky before realizing that what she could hear was actually footsteps running towards her. She held her breath and decided in that moment she needed to run incase it was someone that hated her family or even just a guy that thought he could get lucky with her. She stepped out of the shadow and prepared herself to run as she looked back to see how close they were and what chance she had. She stopped dead in her tracks as her eyes caught onto the man "Jackson" she muttered before a look of dread took over her features, he was definitely going to kill her for being out and he was much worse than some randomer, for the fact that he will definetly tell her father

mentioned: Pyroclast Pyroclast (adam)

interaction: Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson)

Jackson McCarthy

Jackson's slow breathing clashed with his rapidly beating heart. It was as if a part of him wanted to give in and collapse, yet something more profound within him drove his feet into the ground with every stride. His eyelids fought to stay open, managing to keep his head from plummeting into the slippery cobblestone. The echoes of boots behind him were faint. The Garda wasn't close, but he was still on Jackson's tail. He just needed to get to the high ground. His sluggish eyes scanned the buildings around him. If he could find a fire-escape or even a draining pipe, he could get up to the rooftops. The Garda may have been determined to slap cuffs on his wrists, but there was no way in hell he'd follow Jackson up there. Even with his skillset, he prayed that he'd have the endurance to scale the face of a building.

His eyes immediately shot open as a figure stepped out from the dark in front of him. Still shrouded in darkness, he could slightly make out the silhouette. They didn't look to be a Garda, seeming too small and petite. It wasn't until the moonlight hit the figure, did Jackson snap out of his trance.

"Mal'?" Escaped Jackson's lips as he stopped dead in his tracks. "What're you-" Jackson was cut off by the approaching Garda. The officer must've noticed Jackson stop, his pace quickening. Jackson's head shot back to Mallory, promptly wrapping his arms around her and pushing their bodies into a small crevice in the brick wall. The moonlight shined upon the officer as he came to a halt in the middle of the alley. He searched his surroundings, moving for his utility belt. The man's flashlight cut through the dark atmosphere, scanning the horizon.

Jackson carefully removed his arms from Mallory, creeping towards the officer. The man's light, failing to reveal a hiding suspect, began to turn around. Just as the officer's light exposed him, Jackson's wild fist crashed into the man's lower jaw. Jackson had hit the sweet spot, the man's knees immediately buckling and sending him crashing down to the cobblestone.

Every physically demanding movement Jackson was forced to make drained his limited energy. He slowly turned to Mallory, steadily regaining his breath. "I don't know what you're doing, but you need to get the hell outta' here," Jackson said in a low grumble. "I don't care if that means going home, just go somewhere safe; just about anywhere is better than here."

neverbackdown neverbackdown (Mallory)

Thomas Dempsey

1530737383853-png.459118
Tommy's cheeks turned red as he chuckled at Aliana's response about her being his new addiction. He was completely on board with that idea, regardless of her suggestion it could be a bad thing. Working for the mob had set a clear enough precedent that he wasn't afraid to get involved in anything considered unsavoury. Besides, he didn't see any downside to getting close to Aliana. "We will have a nice evening, Ali. We've had enough evenings turn into chaos that I believe we've earned a bit of peace for out next one." He automatically moved his face in closer to her hand as she continued to mess with his beard, enjoying the physical contact. "Well, alright. It's decided, then. I'll keep my face warm for winter."

Tommy raised a curious eyebrow when Aliana used his full name as it wasn't very often he heard it. He nodded along as she defended her words about getting back at the man who shot Leo, knowing it wasn't his position to tell her what she could or could not do. He didn't doubt she was strong and had built such strength from her past experiences. "I understand," he said, nodding. "Just promise me you won't do anything rash and you won't try to do this alone," he seriously told her.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)

Mallory Porter
a8fc7744be75c962ee16adc2b220cea8822a9c8c_00.jpg
Mallory watched as Jackson halted in his step but before she had a chance to answer him the steps of the guard became closer and Jackson had pulled them both into the shadows. She watched in silence as the guard came to a stop where they both had been standing before Jackson knocked the poor sucker out. She didn’t even bat an eyelash at his action, she frankly wasn’t surprised and nor did she care about the pig lying unconscious on the street, it’s was just a punch so he’d wake eventually. Mallory didn’t know if it was her families hate of the cops or her own problems with authority that led her to think so little of them but she never really dwelled on it.

Snapping from her thoughts she turned to face Jackson as he began speaking to her. She listened to him but it was clear that she hadn’t really paid attention rather she was looking over the man standing in front of her who’s energy was apparently draining fast. “Jackson what the hell do you think your doing here, you are not fit in the slightest yet and should not be pushing yourself to this extent” she exclaimed in a tone that scarily echoed her mother’s strict voice. “You aren’t safe on your own in this state” she added as her eyes darted to the dark area behind Jackson wondering if there were anymore guards approaching, she couldn’t hear any and was taking this as a good sign but one could never be sure.

She bit her lip as she looked at him “what are you’s doing?” She asked him her voice lowered. There was no judgement in her eyes rather just curiosity. While she was supposed to be surprising Adam at work, she was a bit more intrigued by this situation and if they were getting revenge for Delilah then she wanted to know how

Enzyme Enzyme

Conor Sullivan

1530314321611-png.457264
Conor shook his head in amusement at Michelle's response about his eating habits. He was about to lecture her on how it was okay for him to eat a huge amount of food so he could burn it off working out, but the child snatched the money and rushed out of the room.

Conor sat down next to Alex's bed, but didn't sit too close in case she wasn't comfortable in her current state of mind. "Alex, there's a lot you need to know about your family... and mine." He sighed, hoping she would maintain the calmer tone she'd ended with. "We're in Dublin now, but we grew up in Chicago and lived there until a decade ago. You're Italian and I'm Irish. Our families were enemies back in America. Your old man, Vincenzo Romano, was the boss of the Italian Mafia and my dad ran the Sullivan gang." Conor glanced back to the door, conscious of how much time he would have before Michelle returned. "It was a war back there, Alex, but you and I fell in love. We had a secret relationship." Conor rubbed his forehead for a moment as he knew there were other important things she deserved to know about. "What I'm going to tell you will be difficult to hear, but perhaps it will help jolt your memories back. Your old man caused my family a lot of pain. My dad, James' and Ryan's dad were all murdered on his orders. Your family tortured mine and made our lives a living hell. But I can't deny we fought back. I arranged for James to kidnap you to threaten your dad, but only because I knew he wouldn't actually hurt you. In the end, my family brought down your dad's empire, but you lost a lot of people, love. Your mam, dad, brother and uncle were all killed. As far as I know, your remaining brothers and sister, Alana, all moved back to Italy." Conor fell silent, figuring he'd given her more than enough information to digest. He hadn't even gotten into the finer details of their past war, nor the fact Fallon had recently been killed.

neverbackdown neverbackdown (Alex, Michelle)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back