• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom A dedicated thread, for card games of course.

ManofManyRoles

Fantasy and Sci-fi Enthusiast
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
This is something that's briefly covered in my first ever interest check thread, but as it's become a major craving, I figured I'd create this specifically for it. So let's get to it

Anyone remember that show about duel monsters that aired in the US circa around 2000-2001? The one that seemed a little cheesy at times, but over all was great to those who loved it? Yu-gi-oh? Anyone? No one? Okay. Point is, I've found the show on netflix, and I've been binging it for a while, and I've got an itch I can't quite scratch for it. The creativity it allows for people to do with archetypes, characters, even plot is just non ending in some aspects. I'm hoping to get something going that captures that feeling from the show, the nail biting tension and the happy go lucky moments as well.

Now to be clear, and in bold. I will not do canons, I just won't. They are established people, with established lives, relations, and personalities. A lot of them have already gotten their happy ending, I'm not going to touch it. I'm not trying to be rude in saying this, just black and white.

What can you expect from me then? I'll do just about any era, ranging from OG to Zexal. After that It's a mess to me and just blegh. The pendulum season seemed interesting, but there was just some things that I couldn't do, and I never fully understood pendulum summoning. Likewise, master rule 4 link summoning is just an annoyance to me, I again, apologize. Otherwise, I'm game with just about any era.

Plots: A few of these, honestly.

Protag A and Protag B both attend duel academy as fresh students (slifer reds preferabbly for easier character interaction, though anything really goes.). As usual, the academy is targetted by dark forces, malevolent spirits, and possibly a power hungry maniac. You know, the usual. It'll be up to Protag A and Protag B to keep their grades up, duel for fun, and duel for their life. Also their dorm lead may be a duel spirit in disguise, but you can't be sure. (of course, duel spirits are there, it's always the academy it seems.)

Protag A and Protag B are both prodigies in their home town/cities respectively, and also have a unique quirk. They can see duel spirits. They duel not just for themselves, but also for their invisible partner who cheers them on and gives them advice. Then, one fateful and stormy night (yet to be named antagonist) plans to conquer the real world, and the spirit world. The spirits, sensing the issue, warp their respective duelists and themselves into the spirit world, for an all out brawl to save all of life as they know it. In the spirit world, the spirit partners are visible as day, and bestow on their partner a unique deck ability in a duel.

Protag A and B are special guests in Kaiba corps latest and greatest virtual reality game. Closed final phase testing, no outside viewing, invite only. Of course, something goes wrong, and they're suddenly stuck in a somewhat buggy cyberspace, their real bodies stuck in place as the scientists try to get them back, and kaiba worries about the publicity this will cause if they don't come back. While there, they're forced to survive, team up, and fix the sentient virus causing all these issues. (Of course, by the time this is over, kaiba will probably tell them not to talk about it, or compensate them for their troubles. 50/50.)

That's about it. I don't really expect a lot of checks here, but if I get at least one or two people to take interest, that's a win in my books.

A final thing; how we duel. Some people prefer a duel system, some prefer a turn by turn. I actually became fond of turn by turn posting in my last rp. it may sound a bit strange, but something about describing the monsters, their attacks, the visuals, it's very fun. Usually on a relaxed thing, it doesn't matter who wins. On an antag encounter, we're able to water down the antags as needed with poor hands and draws, where as a duel system leaves us with exactly what we got.

"It's time to duel!"

Last edited:
This is something that's briefly covered in my first ever interest check thread, but as it's become a major craving, I figured I'd create this specifically for it. So let's get to it

Anyone remember that show about duel monsters that aired in the US circa around 2000-2001? The one that seemed a little cheesy at times, but over all was great to those who loved it? Yu-gi-oh? Anyone? No one? Okay. Point is, I've found the show on netflix, and I've been binging it for a while, and I've got an itch I can't quite scratch for it. The creativity it allows for people to do with archetypes, characters, even plot is just non ending in some aspects. I'm hoping to get something going that captures that feeling from the show, the nail biting tension and the happy go lucky moments as well.

Now to be clear, and in bold. I will not do canons, I just won't. They are established people, with established lives, relations, and personalities. A lot of them have already gotten their happy ending, I'm not going to touch it. I'm not trying to be rude in saying this, just black and white.

What can you expect from me then? I'll do just about any era, ranging from OG to Zexal. After that It's a mess to me and just blegh. The pendulum season seemed interesting, but there was just some things that I couldn't do, and I never fully understood pendulum summoning. Likewise, master rule 4 link summoning is just an annoyance to me, I again, apologize. Otherwise, I'm game with just about any era.

Plots: A few of these, honestly.

Protag A and Protag B both attend duel academy as fresh students (slifer reds preferabbly for easier character interaction, though anything really goes.). As usual, the academy is targetted by dark forces, malevolent spirits, and possibly a power hungry maniac. You know, the usual. It'll be up to Protag A and Protag B to keep their grades up, duel for fun, and duel for their life. Also their dorm lead may be a duel spirit in disguise, but you can't be sure. (of course, duel spirits are there, it's always the academy it seems.)

Protag A and Protag B are both prodigies in their home town/cities respectively, and also have a unique quirk. They can see duel spirits. They duel not just for themselves, but also for their invisible partner who cheers them on and gives them advice. Then, one fateful and stormy night (yet to be named antagonist) plans to conquer the real world, and the spirit world. The spirits, sensing the issue, warp their respective duelists and themselves into the spirit world, for an all out brawl to save all of life as they know it. In the spirit world, the spirit partners are visible as day, and bestow on their partner a unique deck ability in a duel.

Protag A and B are special guests in Kaiba corps latest and greatest virtual reality game. Closed final phase testing, no outside viewing, invite only. Of course, something goes wrong, and they're suddenly stuck in a somewhat buggy cyberspace, their real bodies stuck in place as the scientists try to get them back, and kaiba worries about the publicity this will cause if they don't come back. While there, they're forced to survive, team up, and fix the sentient virus causing all these issues. (Of course, by the time this is over, kaiba will probably tell them not to talk about it, or compensate them for their troubles. 50/50.)

That's about it. I don't really expect a lot of checks here, but if I get at least one or two people to take interest, that's a win in my books.

A final thing; how we duel. Some people prefer a duel system, some prefer a turn by turn. I actually became fond of turn by turn posting in my last rp. it may sound a bit strange, but something about describing the monsters, their attacks, the visuals, it's very fun. Usually on a relaxed thing, it doesn't matter who wins. On an antag encounter, we're able to water down the antags as needed with poor hands and draws, where as a duel system leaves us with exactly what we got.

"It's time to duel!"
This is... Very interesting! If you're still searching, mind if I shoot you a PM?

The main problem is that I forget which cards were really around during Dual Accademy. When did the Madolches come in? I like those~ ♡

The main problem is that I forget which cards were really around during Dual Accademy. When did the Madolches come in? I like those~ ♡
While I am not the thread starter, I would say that it doesn't matter ^^ Can always use the Xyz era, the Madolche, in Duel Academy :)

This is... Very interesting! If you're still searching, mind if I shoot you a PM?
Feel free, I look forward to it.
Honestly, for simplicity sake, I always just set us a bit post xyz. I honestly would have trouble myself narrowing down "OG-GX" card frames, so I just set us post XYZ and be done with it. There will be consistencies with GX though...such as crowler still teaching, and shephard still being chancellor.

A fair warning to both of you, I will be spotty starting from 11:30 EST, until very late tonight. I've got an arrangement set up in life, and I must attend.

Well, I never watched much past the point where synchro monsters were introduced, so I don't know if there was much different with the show by that point or not.
Still, I'm game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back