• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mr_DC

Been a while
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Howdy all! I'm DC and I'm a fairly experienced roleplayer who slowed down on the roleplaying scene in the last couple of years but now I'm back and ready to dust off my skills.

I'm looking for a partner who doesn't mind sometimes waiting a day or two for a post and who will be understanding if it takes me a bit longer on occasion - I think we all know how draining life can be sometimes. I'm also looking for a literate partner who can challenge me by giving me a good post to reply to. It's been forever since I had time to write a page-long reply so I'm mainly looking for someone who can write up a paragraph or two or three.

As a writer, I focus heavily on GMing and writing up a weaving, interesting plot. So expect me to already have whole storylines planned for something that probably won't even happen. I also really enjoy writing complex characters, trying to discover what they're made of by putting them in difficult situations. While there always has to be some downtime for contrast, I will often be trying to push my (and yours, if you like that) characters to the breaking point. Consider that a heads-up that a lot of my stories and characters have tragic paths. If that sounds interesting, we'll probably make a good match.

This probably goes hand in hand with my focus on plot but I absolutely love worldbuilding which is why this is more of an interest check offering settings and seeing what we can do in them.
Without further ado, here they are:

• Epsilon - My largest and most detailed universe. An autocratic world in the relatively near future that's at war with Earth. While it's expansive enough to host any kind of a plot, it works best with themes of intrigue, mystery, politics, cyberpunk, and action. It's also great for plots with a larger scale.
  • Beast Project - Prequel to Epsilon, taking place on Earth and following a group of elite mercenaries and the troubles they go through. Heavily character-focused with action being optional.
  • Lunar Pastures - A new world for me but one I'm very excited about developing further. A desolate world full of early industrial-era city-states where magic is treated like a resource. Oh, and it's a furry/anthro world. Goes well with the themes of romance, dystopia, and adventure. Potentially good for a larger scale plot but it's still too young of a world to say.
  • Torsion - Just an idea that I used as a basis for Lunar Pastures. The only difference is that it's set in the modern period, no fantasy, still desolate world, and with a ton of megacorporations. Still furry. Same themes as Lunar Pastures.
  • Dark Spiral - A dark fantasy dystopian world where the ground is ash and everyone is just barely clinging to life without remembering how things got this way. The world is full of anomalies and a ton of weapons. Good for themes of action and adventure. A perfect setting for a story of futility and desperation.
  • Uber Fantasy - A setting I haven't done much in but still like. WW2 but in the middle of it a lot of people turned into fantasy creatures and monsters, landscapes changed, and everyone is trying to figure out what's going on so they can carry on the war. Good for themes of intrigue, mystery, and action.

So, those are my main settings. I have a few others that I don't feel are interesting enough to give a try but if we seem like a good match, I might float them by you as well. Feel free to shoot me a message if any of these are to your liking, this interest check is open while it's up.

Hey love! If you'd maybe into writing something realistic full of drama, angst and fluff lol let me know!

Hi! Sure, send me a message and let's see what we can come up with. Though, I may not be much for angst and fluff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back