• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

KaramelKarma

ʜᴏɴᴇʏʏʏ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴍʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ sᴜɪᴛ ?!
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
PREMISE
Decided to shoot my shot and ask if anyone would be interested in a battle royale for the ultimate prize type of RP? Just to clarify, this is NOT an official interest check! Just a gauge to see if an RP like this will pick up!

❀ The basis of the RP will be the animes Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night. Knowledge/viewing of the anime itself wouldn't be necessary!

❀ If you are interested, don't hesitate to show it by liking this post or by commenting down below. I will also gladly accept advice/help on this project in the form of a co-GM or two!

These are the few fundamental ideas I have:

SETTING
The setting would most likely be an alternate city from the anime's original Fuyuki City, or even an entirely new, exotic place.

PLOT
The plot would center around the Holy Grail War, where seven Masters chosen by the Grail itself will be equipped with their own personal Servant (reincarnated heroes of legend and myth summoned from across all ages) to a fight to the death, the Holy Grail being the ultimate prize!

❀ The rules would all apply, though I do want to tweak a few to make it more flexible.

❀ For those unfamiliar with the anime (therefore you would not know the workings of the Holy Grail War), no worries! I will make sure to provide a comprehensive guide to the way the War is conducted within the IC itself (I plan on using a good IC bbcode for this RP as well). The plot of the animes will have no bearing on the RP.

❀ Though the foundation of the RP would be a simple battle royale, the relationships between contestants will be crucial in deciding the outcome of the RP, and provide a truly profound, engaging dimension to the fighting itself.

❀ By relationships, I am referring to the alliances and rivalry forged between Masters, as well as the personal relationships between a Master and their Servant.

CHARACTERS
There would be 7 Servants paired with 7 Masters, making this a 14-player deal. Of course that is an astronomical number, so depending on the interest, I will cut that number down to 4-5. Another option would be to let people play double (they would be allowed to play one Servant and one Master, but no Master-Master or Servant-Servant).

❀ Part of the fun will be the fact that two people will be paired together, one as a Master and one as the Servant. The pairing decision will be made by me (as well as a possible co-GM), and the players will not know. However, if two people want to be together (especially if they have cool ideas for a relationship, powers, etc), then I will gladly make exceptions!

MISC
Players will be able to choose from existing Servants (not Masters) from the anime, or create their own Servant or Master. Which means they can create their own Noble Phantasms too (I'll have to take an active role to make sure it isn't totally OP, etc; though). For those unfamiliar, Noble Phantasms are what a Fatality Move is to a Mortal Kombat character!

❀ The Servant/Master roles will be applicant-based, but depending on interest I can switch it to reserve!

❀ FCs would be anime, but depending on the style I can allow realistic drawings as well!

❀ This would be pretty close to a semi-literate RP because of its philosophical nature, so writing samples may be a thing in the character sheet!

CONCERNS
Because this is a battle royale, characters will die. Now, I was trying to think of a way to kind of circumvent this, but, especially taking into consideration the anime, this will have to be a fact that players deal with. The upside is, players will have a chance to be prepared and end their characters in a very meaningful, plot-impacting way.

❀ Another concern is figuring out a way I can design the RP in a realistic, functional fashion. I will take more time to research and try out methods like the Dice function here on RPnation.

TLDR
I hope this little appetizer gains enough interest so I could take the main course seriously and get to working on actually creating it!

❀ Those who do this will be apart of a tag list on the real deal once it's up on the Group Interest thread!

Alright, I've said my piece! A good cup of tea is awaiting my attention so this is sayonara, fellow RPers ♡

Last edited:
Fun idea, just isn't for me and especially not right now but I hope you guys have fun! o/

I wasn't going to comment but I thought that I should let you know not everybody can read whichever font you're using for the headers, I can only see squares in place and I don't doubt others might have the same issue. Can't read the title of the thread either ^^'

Fun idea, just isn't for me and especially not right now but I hope you guys have fun! o/

I wasn't going to comment but I thought that I should let you know not everybody can read whichever font you're using for the headers, I can only see squares in place and I don't doubt others might have the same issue. Can't read the title of the thread either ^^'

No worries! Thank you for replying ♡ Yes I'm not surprised the font is acting up haha, I've been having issues with it. I'll try fixing it now!

Last edited:
It sounds like a really cool idea, although I'm not sure my Servant OC (I've got a couple of them, but I've got a main one) would be a good idea for it, sadly due to her abilities (Futuresight sounds like a VERY bad idea in an actual Grail War RP, even if there are drawbacks to the ability. I've used the OC in a sandbox RP, but not in a proper Fate RP).

I've never actually watched Fate or really done much involving it, I just play FGO (And I ended up skipping the story out of impatience...). I made Servant OCs because I was inspired by my friends in another RP group, and they're pretty big on Fate.

But maybe I could arrange one of my other Servant OCs for it...? Like I said, I've got a couple of them, although one hasn't been fleshed out much. I'd probably need some help fleshing them out, too... ^^;

Overall, I'm interested, but I'm uncertain it's an RP for me, sadly. Between the darker nature of the RP and the source material, the lack of prepared OCs on my side of things, the lack of knowledge about the franchise (Which I know you'll be providing info in-universe, but it's still a point I feel I should mention), and all of that.

It sounds like a really cool idea, although I'm not sure my Servant OC (I've got a couple of them, but I've got a main one) would be a good idea for it, sadly due to her abilities (Futuresight sounds like a VERY bad idea in an actual Grail War RP, even if there are drawbacks to the ability. I've used the OC in a sandbox RP, but not in a proper Fate RP).

I've never actually watched Fate or really done much involving it, I just play FGO (And I ended up skipping the story out of impatience...). I made Servant OCs because I was inspired by my friends in another RP group, and they're pretty big on Fate.

But maybe I could arrange one of my other Servant OCs for it...? Like I said, I've got a couple of them, although one hasn't been fleshed out much. I'd probably need some help fleshing them out, too... ^^;

Overall, I'm interested, but I'm uncertain it's an RP for me, sadly. Between the darker nature of the RP and the source material, the lack of prepared OCs on my side of things, the lack of knowledge about the franchise (Which I know you'll be providing info in-universe, but it's still a point I feel I should mention), and all of that.

Thank you for your concerns! I would love to help you flesh out your characters and with that tricky OC and her Futuresight power, I imagine it could work depending on how limited it is.

The darker nature of the RP is a given since it is a battle royale - it is dark like a Hunger Games RP is dark!

The reason I thought it would make a fine RP is due to the creative aspect of creating your own fighter outfitted with an epic ability, as well as the partnership and Master + Servant bond between two players. From that alone, it would be interesting to see what kind of drama would arise between all contestants, whether it be from bitter rivalry or even tragic love!

But rest assured, whether or not one has seen the anime will leave no impact to the actual RP, since the only thing taken from it is the actual game itself! As for the preparation of OCs, there is no pressure for that haha! All the time will be given to you.

This post is just a way for me to test the waters and gauge how well received the idea would be!

Last edited:
Thank you for your concerns! I would love to help you flesh out your characters and with that tricky OC and her Futuresight power, I imagine it could work depending on how limited it is.

The darker nature of the RP is a given since it is a battle royale - it is dark like a Hunger Games RP is dark!

But rest assured, whether or not one has seen the anime will leave no impact to the actual RP, since the only thing taken from it is the actual game itself! As for the preparation of OCs, there is no pressure for that haha! All the time will be given to you.

This post is just a way for me to test the waters and gauge how well received the idea would be!

Ah, when you put it that way (About the tone of the RP), it makes me feel a little better! I'm pretty anxious about getting involved in extremely dark RPs, but hearing it compared more to the Hunger Games makes me feel a little better (Since it's something I'm sort of familiar with in comparison to Fate).

My basic idea for my Futuresight OC is that she doesn't have complete control over it so it'd be up to a GM what she sees when she tries to use it (Although she can try to guide it towards a specific subject, it'd really be up to the GM what she gets out of it). The OC in question also has a bit of a curse so that her predictions won't be believed (Or are inclined to not be believed... which may very well give away who it is that the Servant is based on. ^^; ).

If it's a problem I could always go with one of my other OCs instead, or figure out an entirely new one. I've got a couple Servant ideas running around in my head so it's not like I'm completely without ideas. ^.^

Last edited:
Ah, when you put it that way (About the tone of the RP), it makes me feel a little better! I'm pretty anxious about getting involved in extremely dark RPs, but hearing it compared more to the Hunger Games makes me feel a little better (Since it's something I'm sort of familiar with in comparison to Fate).

My basic idea for my Futuresight OC is that she doesn't have complete control over it so it'd be up to a GM what she sees when she tries to use it (Although she can try to guide it towards a specific subject, it'd really be up to the GM what she gets out of it). The OC in question also has a bit of a curse so that her predictions won't be believed (Or are inclined to not be believed... which may very well give away who it is that the Servant is based on. ^^; ).

If it's a problem I could always go with one of my other OCs instead, or figure out an entirely new one. I've got a couple Servant ideas running around in my head so it's not like I'm completely without ideas. ^.^

Haha no worries! It will be a lot like a Hunger Games RP, just instead of the Masters fighting themselves (though they do end up fighting in self defense and otherwise), they use their Servants as their fighters to send into the "arena" (which would be a city of some kind, or someplace exotic like the Amazon Forest!)

Ah that sounds so cool! I thought her power was a lot along the lines of that she could see a certain amount of time ahead in the future. In which case she would totally work if that ability was reduced to a few seconds! And yes you're always welcome to switching it up and using your creative liberty to brainstorm a whole new Servant ♡

Haha no worries! It will be a lot like a Hunger Games RP, just instead of the Masters fighting themselves (though they do end up fighting in self defense and otherwise), they use their Servants as their fighters to send into the "arena" (which would be a city of some kind, or someplace exotic like the Amazon Forest!)

Ah that sounds so cool! I thought her power was a lot along the lines of that she could see a certain amount of time ahead in the future. In which case she would totally work if that ability was reduced to a few seconds! And yes you're always welcome to switching it up and using your creative liberty to brainstorm a whole new Servant ♡

Ah, I see! A Master OC also sounds like they could be fun, but I've never made a Master OC before so I don't really know how to go about it.

I could really work with anything in terms of the futuresight abilities. I haven't really fleshed out my OC that much outside of her personality and backstory so I don't mind doing the futuresight a different way if need be!

Ah, I see! A Master OC also sounds like they could be fun, but I've never made a Master OC before so I don't really know how to go about it.

I could really work with anything in terms of the futuresight abilities. I haven't really fleshed out my OC that much outside of her personality and backstory so I don't mind doing the futuresight a different way if need be!

Indeed! The appeal is there - especially when the pair on question do not get along well and butt heads haha!

That's great to hear! I really appreciate you reaching out ♡ If I recall correctly, you mentioned RP buddies of yours who are into Fate? Do you think they'd be up for this kind of venture too?

Indeed! The appeal is there - especially when the pair on question do not get along well and butt heads haha!

That's great to hear! I really appreciate you reaching out ♡ If I recall correctly, you mentioned RP buddies of yours who are into Fate? Do you think they'd be up for this kind of venture too?

I'm glad to show my interest! Like I said, I don't know much about Fate, but what I do know about it (and what I've learned from my friends) does make it seem really interesting!

My friends are all on a different site, sadly. I'm not sure how they'd feel about joining a new site for an RP, and I'm a little too shy to ask about it since I only just joined this site myself. ^^;

Can I join?

I've toyed with the idea of playing a caster servant based on Carl Micheal Bellman for a while and this seems like a fun chance to do so.

I'm glad to show my interest! Like I said, I don't know much about Fate, but what I do know about it (and what I've learned from my friends) does make it seem really interesting!

My friends are all on a different site, sadly. I'm not sure how they'd feel about joining a new site for an RP, and I'm a little too shy to ask about it since I only just joined this site myself. ^^;

I know right! Honestly I was in the same boat as you only a few weeks ago - I only just finished watching both Fate animes, and I was blown away at how amazing it was ♡

And that's totally fine! I was actually on the hunt for new sites to RP, so it'd great if you could share so I could join! If the idea doesn't fly here, I could also try it there ♡

Can I join?

I've toyed with the idea of playing a caster servant based on Carl Micheal Bellman for a while and this seems like a fun chance to do so.

Of course! At the end of my post it says everyone who expresses interest via like or comment will be added to a tag list, so consider yourself part of the draw, my friend!

I would love to join this. Back in the day I joined a thread like this, so I am already familiar with it. I have one seen Fate/stay night, thought it has been a hot minute. I am leaning towards making a master character, but I can make a servant if needed.

I would love to join this. Back in the day I joined a thread like this, so I am already familiar with it. I have one seen Fate/stay night, thought it has been a hot minute. I am leaning towards making a master character, but I can make a servant if needed.

Glad to hear it! Most likely I will have people doubling, so they have one Servant character and one Master character to pair up with other people's Master and Servant!

Awesome, sounds like a plan to me. That is also how we did it then as well, having some play both master and a servant character. Are there set roles or are we waiting till we gather all the needed people.

Awesome, sounds like a plan to me. That is also how we did it then as well, having some play both master and a servant character. Are there set roles or are we waiting till we gather all the needed people.

Haha honestly this was hardly ever an interest check - more like a tentative dipping of the toe into the water to gauge just how interested people were gonna be! Currently we have five that have expressed interest (including me), not to mention the people who will come in once I have the actual interest check/bbcode all set up and running!

Most likely, now that I know a fair number of people are willing to have fun with this, the ETA for the actual interest check will be in the next week or two!

Alright! I am excited for this, because I feel like even though someone might not know what Fate is it a fun concept to play with. Though the battle sequences can be become a bit tricky at time from what I have experienced. Nonetheless I am very excited.

Alright! I am excited for this, because I feel like even though someone might not know what Fate is it a fun concept to play with. Though the battle sequences can be become a bit tricky at time from what I have experienced. Nonetheless I am very excited.
Took the words right out of my mouth, my friend! As for battle sequences and all that jazz, I will marinate and figure out a way to make that work. You've had experience with this type of RP, I hope you don't mind if I dip in to ask your expertise once in every while!

Yeah of course, if you have any questions I will do my best to help you out. If you want I have a few ideas to help with battle sequences, but of course this is your thread and I don't want to force myself way into anything.

Yeah of course, if you have any questions I will do my best to help you out. If you want I have a few ideas to help with battle sequences, but of course this is your thread and I don't want to force myself way into anything.

Of course! I will shoot you a DM so you can share!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back