• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Verena

Devil woman
Year 2094. Human population has grown to such an extent that countries are on the brink of yet another worldwide war for resources. The ever-growing number of people has pushed scientists, engineers and astronomers to think outside Earth, to develop better technologies faster. Mars is the first planet outside Earth to be settled. The red planet is quickly overtaken by advanced, 3D-printed, hive-like structures. From there, advanced fusion-powered spacecrafts are developed, able to reach FTL speeds and travel the universe.

Year 4055. Humans have now reached many distant planets and have discovered all sorts of otherworldly alien life forms that had up until then only existed in their wildest imaginations. They have settled on many of these new planets, spreading quickly due to high birth rates and taking over less advanced races. A composite race and a composite language, now simply called common, has replaced diversity. Racism is no longer directed towards people of colour and instead other alien races.

Robots and AI now serve humanity in every imaginable way, able to replace almost any job, sparking both anger and praise. Many have swapped out healthy limbs for bionics and cybernetics. Despite or more likely due to all their technological advancements and amazing discoveries, humans are still divided by status and wealth, still greedy, still fighting for riches, land and power. The main currency is now the cryptocurrency Credit.

Players start out on Gehenna, a distant planet from Earth, characterized by extremes. More specifically, you start out on a mine, only a few kilometres away from the outskirts of the capital city, Vlofstin. You’ve been bagged and dragged from your home against your own will, all records with your name on them erased. You are dead to the world, theoretically nonexistent. Your new life – to dig up precious ore on an unfamiliar world, all to fill another rich man’s pockets. Your past or whether you’re innocent or not, completely irrelevant to a cruel master of puppets.

Surrounded by hundreds of others hurting just like you, you ask yourself again and again – How could this have happened? Had you been framed? Had a competitor found a clever way to get rid of you once and for all? Had you been a criminal waiting for your sentence? A desperate man or a woman living on the streets that had been offered a promising job? Or perhaps a Gehennian, captured and sold during one of many raids against smaller settlements? Whatever has led up to this, now, there’s a single thought hammering in your mind – escape and live or stay and die.

Whether you want justice or just want your freedom, is up to you. Whether you join the rebellion or remain a refugee, too, is up to you. You only know that you can never go back. This is only the beginning, the start of a new life. You are reborn…

Rules:
  • Respect each other, respect the lore.
  • In this RP, you can be any biological race imaginable. However, they should be practical and believable. When introducing a new species, include their lore and planet as well. Everyone is encouraged to contribute to world-building.
  • Your characters start out green, lacking a spaceship to travel the universe with, gear, weapons or credit. These will all be acquired throughout your travels and adventures together.
  • There will be realistic survival elements to this RP, according to the environments you find yourselves in, whether you’re moving closer to the hot or cold side of the planet (read the Lore section). You will need water, food, rest and shelter. Your guns will require oiling and cleaning. Once you have a spaceship, you will need fuel and maintenance.
  • Most fights in this RP can be avoided through diplomacy, smarts or stealth. However, when these tactics fail, there will be realistic violence, brutality, blood and gore. Characters can and will sustain injuries that may require medical assistance and will not magically heal within a few posts. Damaged prosthetics will require an engineer to fix.
  • All your actions will have consequences, either positive or negative. You will discover exciting new places, each with their own quests and encounters, as well as powerful NPCs, which can become your greatest allies or your greatest foes.
  • I’m hoping players will spend a bit of time on Gehenna since this is a world I’ve been working on for many years. Other planets and alien species will clearly not be as thought through as this one. This is my first real attempt at GMing and my first own RP, so I’m always open to tips and ideas.
  • I’m aiming for a few but somewhat active people, preferably 18+, able to post about once every two days. You may make more than one character if you can handle them.
  • Although post length depends on a lot of factors, literacy is a must. Avoid one-liners, even in dialogue. If English is not your first language, as is with me, or you tend to make mistakes, consider using Grammarly. It’s a free extension and surprisingly helpful for non-English speakers.
  • Combat will be turn-based where all players state their actions within a certain time frame and I post the results at the end. For some actions, especially at which a character is not skilled in, I may request a d20/d10 roll (1-10/1-5 – fail, 11-20/6-10 – success).
  • Don’t be a passive bystander and don’t always expect me to create encounters and bombard you with things to react to. Create your own adventure, interact with the world, with each other and the NPCs. There’s always something to do.
  • Unfortunately, there are no magic powers in this RP. The closest thing to magic would be psychic abilities, amplified by herbs, meditation or many years of dedication. Creatures with albinism are believed to possess a talent for these abilities almost from birth.
  • I think we all hope upon joining an RP that it will last long enough for us to make online buddies. This here is no exception.
  • These hardly need repeating at this point but, of course, no ghosting, powerplay, godmodding, autohitting, bunnying, Mary Sues, Gary Stus etc.
This is the main thread with OOC, Lore and CS tabs:

I'd love one or two more players, even though three is quite fine also. I'm constantly updating the Lore thread so make sure to click Watch to stay up to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back