• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

silverwhere

Trying my best
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello all!

I'm Silver (They/She) and I am in my early 20's and I have been roleplaying for almost 9 years. I'm currently wanting to have a bit more roleplay in my life. First off, I think you'd like to know more about me:
  • I do a lot of writing and I enjoy world building - I ran a few different homebrew DnD campaigns and I'm running a MotW with some friends! But what I like most is how we work together to round out the world.
  • I love some angst, are any of my oc's happy? Yes, but are they also sad? Yes. It adds some spice and really helps round out a character. Because, let's face it, we all are a lil bit angsty. With that, I do not like it when characters only trait is sad or their only defining characteristics is a mental illness.
  • I don't do a lot of romance in my roleplays. It only happens if there is a genuine connection between characters. However, romance can come up in roleplay! I think it's fun to a character falls for another character who doesn't return the same feelings. It causes drama > : )
  • I have a problem where I reuse characters. I really like my characters so if I make a new one for a roleplay it might take me a bit before I figure out their vibes and how to play them.
  • Love some character development
  • I write in the 3rd person
  • I also color text when a character is talking!

I would love to write some stories together but first I'd like to set up some ground rules/preferences so:
  • Must be 18+ - Although there are many amazing younger writers, I am an adult and would prefer for my roleplay partners to also be adults.
  • Originals - I use to roleplay fandoms, but I always felt like I did an injustice to the characters. Therefore, I do not roleplay fandoms.
  • Well rounded characters - I do not like it when a characters only defining characteristic is "they have a mental illness" or if they have no flaws
  • Semi-literate - I tend to write at least 2+ paragraphs on each post and would like the same in return. As long as you have decent grammar and decent spelling it is a okay! (I do match posts!)
  • Ghosting - I'm okay if you ghost, but be warned I will poke and ask if everything is okay. If you ever fall out of an roleplay but want to give it a second go, you are more than welcome to!
  • Posting - Life gets busy, so I don't mind if it takes a while to get a post up. Typically, I try to post once a week and would love if you could too!
  • Dyslexia Friendly - I have dyslexia. Aka, I'm zoomed into rpn so I can see the text better. Please avoid using small fonts/complex code and let me know if I misinterpret a post!
  • LGBT+ Friendly - I'm gay
Alright, so I bet you want to know what I roleplay. As I mentioned previously, I don't do a lot of romance but that doesn't mean it can't come up! Just keep that in mind while going through the list! Here are some of the things that I'm interested in, if you don't see something you want let me know!
  • Monster x Human
    • Modern - Fantasy - Mystery
    • Monster hunting was a necessity long before it was a sport. Much like the wild hog, monsters were quick to destroy and it slowly became a problem for the nearby wildlife and human life. Over time, this problem had diminished and it became much safer. There were still cracks and vermin that needed to be rid of, enough so one could make a living. Regardless, there is now a monster that lurks nearby and it's dangerous.

- This can be modern, fantasy, or a mix of both
      - I have a monster character ready to go but I'm also cool with playing the hunter
    • Working for [Insert a sick ass organization name here] wasn't bad. The pay was good but the work was dangerous, afterall, they were going after some of the world's most dangerous humans and monsters. Luckily, they were never alone since there was an arsenal of monsters to accompany with them on their missions. These monsters were obtained by previous teams and given a choice, work for the company or be killed.

The human is an experienced member of the company and has been assigned a new monster that has recently been surrendered. They're a flight risk and known for trickery, but is perfect for the mission.

- More of a modern vibe
      - Think kinda Denji from Chainsaw Man
      - I can play either or (but I do have a fun monster)
    • If you have any more plot ideas feel free to message me! Also, we can change up plots as well
  • Villain x Hero
    • Modern - Slice of Life - Mystery
    • Who would have thought that the totally not suspicious hero organization wasn't actually good? Instead of working to help better the world they were just using heros to help gain more control. Now, the hero is being framed as a villain and many of their former co-workers are hunting them down. There is only one person that the hero can trust now, and it's their enemy. Hopefully, the villain would be willing to put the past behind them and help clear the hero's name
      Well, they really did it this time. If they thought the world hated them before, well they really do now- and it's for something they didn't even do. They were betrayed but by who? They can't go to the hospital, they are wanted for a handful or crimes. They can't go home, the traitor might be there. There is only one place left. Maybe they'd be able to get the hero to help- after all, it is their job to save people.

- Injured Hero/Villain can cause for extra anst
      - I can play either or for both scenarios
      - There can be super powers
    • "Give me a reason not to kill you," they said with narrowed eyes and a broken heart. Everything was taken from them and the cause of that reason was standing before them. It'd be easy revenge to take something that couldn't be given back

- we can build up to this point to start here
    • Let me know if you have any other ideas
  • Ghost x Human
    • Modern - Slice of Life - Mystery
    • There is a serial kill out, and it's their job to find them. The only problem, there has been no clues or leads. Everything keeps turning up cold, well almost everything. At the most recent crime scene, there is a witness that all the other investators happened to miss. The witness seemed out of place but excitedly told them that they saw what happened. It's a wonder why no one else had question them before.

- I can play either or but I do prefer the ghost
      - We can work together to make a fun mystery
      - Ghost could be first murder or a completely different thing
      - Detective could be a non-believer
    • It's time to prove that ghosts are real!!! Well, they didn't really expect to find anything, but here they were. Face to face with an actual ghost and it's not all what it's cracked up to be.

- Can be silly and goofy
      - I can play either or but I do prefer the ghost
      - can be non-believer of ghosts
    • I'm open to a lot here!

Below is are some writing sample, please note, not all of my responses are this long!
Nothing exciting really happened at the abandoned warehouse. Well, there were the few teenagers who'd spray paint their art on the walls. It was pretty neat watching them, even when they weren't that good at it. He'd watched them goof around with their friends unafraid of being caught vandalizing the already vandalized place. Every now and then he'd talked to them, but nothing really stuck. Normally, they never came back and a new group of daring teens would follow. Carson never managed to snag one as a friend. They already had their friend group, and to be honest, they only ever sprayed paint the inside so it'll be harder for them to get caught. And Carson always thought it would be a lot more fun to risk it. Spray paint the whole building pink! The fun part is trying to not getting caught!

Oh! And sometimes those ghost hunters would come and film the existence of ghosts! Well, most of them were fakes and he wasn't about to give them any real evidence. The others? They were scared of their own shadow. Carson was certain that if he did do something spooky they'd shit themselves- and he didn't want that. Been there done that! They brought in a medium who was total bs and said that he was a former worker of the warehouse that died while working there! First off, he did not die in his mid-30s. He was like, 18? 19? Somewhere around there. Not only that, but he never even worked there. He never had a job that he could remember-

Crap, he went off topic.

Nothing exciting really happened at the warehouse. Carson had been here for years. He was here when it finished construction and that had to be a long time ago. Either way! Nothing exciting happened here and he didn't plan for the night to be any different. Carson was just, well, vibing- making up his own songs on the front steps to the building waiting to see if anyone would show up. And someone did, they pulled up in a black sedan without their headlights on. When they stepped out the car, Carson noted that they were wearing all black and had a mask on. His curiosity spiked as the person walked around to the trunk. Maybe this was some kind of government worker who was putting evidence of aliens in the house for their coworker to pick up! Or it was someone trying to hide drugs in the warehouse before they drove back home to their family; a futile attempt to hide their true job as a drug overlord. Well, Carson had bad news, if it was weed he was going to lay his claim to it. Instead of anything fun, the person pulled two garbage bags out the the trunk.

It wasn't hard to guess what was in the bags, but there was no way he could guess who it was. Carson watched as the person carried the bags and placed them on the middle of the entryway before turning around and going back to their car. It didn't take long for it to drive off. What the fuck? "Well, that's gonna makes it a lot easier for you to be found." Was that insensitive? Probably, but it wasn't like whoever it was, was going to scolded him about his manners. He could already tell they were long gone. "I guess it's about to get a lot more busier around here- if they tear this place down I'm blaming you." He added pointing a finger at the bag. "Lucky bastard." He grumbled at the end as he crossed his arms.

It took a few more hours before a living person found the bags. It was a teenager who was looking to put their art on the building and couldn't help but look inside the bags. Carson could have told him that it was a shitty idea, but decided against it. It'll be quicker to just go ahead and get whoever it was back home.

The teen called the cops.
The cops answered.

Carson watched from the stairs as yellow tape was strung and as the teen was picked up by his parents. He started to kick his heels against the steps and watched as his bright red converse bounced off. It was busy as the cops tried to collect evidence, but it wasn't like he was in their way. They didn't even noticed him, which made him bored. Eventually he got bored of the shoe kicking and moved on to picking at a hole in his ripped jeans. Soon enough he got bored of that and started to pull at the hem of his equally bright red Hawaiian shirt. If they could see him, he'd be hard to miss. If it wasn't for all the bright reds then it had to be his overgrown purple faded curly hair.

He stuck out like a sore thumb- though not as much as two bags filled with hacked up human remains.
The trek back to farm was easy, but it was tedious and long. For a normal person, it would be exhausting and even more so when one had to shepherd sheep. It was the goal to make Chance suffer but they wondered if this was too far before they quickly determined that it was only fair. Chance wouldn't die if he goes the night without rest and he wouldn't die from grief. The man had too much unfinished business to do that.

Upon arriving at the farm, it was clear that Mr. Glorn was up. Lights were on and lanterns were lit making the pastures bright. The elder was near the turkey coop assessing the damages to the once strong and safe haven. Mars debated if Mr. Glorn had always been that red before they made way towards the old man and dropped the sheep unceremoniously. The elder took a moment to look at the sheep and then back up at Mars.

"What happened?" It was solem and to distract himself from the deceased sheep he returned to his hammering.
"Not sure," they further weaved their web of lies, "Turkeys screamed bloody murder and then I saw sheep jumping the fence. Found this one. Left Chance to get the rest of them."
"You aren't helping then?"
"Not much I can do, not good with animals."

To prove a point Mars gestured to the turkeys who had made distance from them and started up their displeased gobbles. The old man sighed as he threw the hammer to the side.

"Dammit."

His livelihood was on the line and Mars couldn't care less. The farmer still have 29 more sheep and a few turkeys - he'd survive. Still, the farmer was upset that he'd lost the potential to have more.

Mars didn't stay there long after they quietly retreated towards the inn and left the old man to fester in his thoughts. Part of them, wished they had stolen the sheep. They were hungry and there wouldn't be another chance to eat for the night unless they wanted to risk a run in with a wounded Chance. It was frustrating to have had a taste of a prized sheep and then having to abandon it. For now, they'd have to survive off of scraps. They shifted into a racoon as they dug through trash searching for scraps to devour. They didn't care much about what they ate, but it was frustrating. The more they dug the more frustrated they became, soon they searched for someone to blame.

After consuming all they could find, they decided there wasn't much left for them to do. The day was over and there was no use in tourmating Chance any further tonight. It was time to rest.
At the safety of the inn, they were once again human. They doubt that Sonar would give them a free room but they knew she wouldn't stand for a freeloader on her property. Still, it didn't deter them as they went to the cart that they road earlier in the day. This would work for the night. Silently, they stalked in to avoid awakening the ass and into the back of the cart.

PM me if you are interested! And if you don't see something you want, still hit me up!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back