• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 1937: The Second American Civil War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Probably not, at least at the start.

There wouldn’t be any in the military stock since it was one of the countries that signed the banning of it in 1925 in real life, and even Germany was horrified by its effects. So neither side would even have access to it.

Plus any major officers would likely have served in the Great War and would have a pretty good grasp of why it was banned.

It could come into play later in the war, but it’d be a major jump off any kind of moral high ground the nation might have.

how about…tear gas? or what if the white phosphorus munitions that was hmmm…meant for illumination accidentally caught people on fire, totally didn’t aim it at personnel or something like that (really dancing on the edge of war crimes here

how about…tear gas? or what if the white phosphorus munitions that was hmmm…meant for illumination accidentally caught people on fire, totally didn’t aim it at personnel or something like that (really dancing on the edge of war crimes here
has PTSD flashbacks of Spec Ops The Line

No, your slightly better armed than usual paramilitary organization is not packing chemical weapons or white phosphorus. We’re not to the Somme just yet.

You’ve got a small crew of standard 1935 M1 mortars packing light HE rounds. They’ll have to make due.

FINALLY GOT SOMETHING UP

Granted I'm not very proud of it but I just really wanted to get something out. I hate slacking off and making RPs die.
It looks good enough! Just glad we can hopefully move again.

in the future if you get totally stuck you don’t have to write a ton, just a paragraph or two is fine.

So here’s my idea for adding Politicians as a role in the game.

I’m thinking we’ll introduce them following the end of the battle of Washington, and each side will have a “good” side (The Radicals for the Syndicates, The America First Party for the AUS) and an “Evil” Side (Totalists and LAF respectively.) the bar for good and evil here being willingness to commit warcrimes and how much of a totalilitarian police state they want to make the country. With the understanding that all of them are still violent revolutionaries overthrowing a democratic government.

the parties will essentially be fighting a secret war inside the factions via debates, policies, and eventually assainations and purges.

So while the soldiers on the ground decide who actually wins the war, the people back home will be deciding whether what they are fighting for is a better nation, or a much worse one.

We could probably introduce aircraft during this battle.

this early in the war it’s still basically just all Biplanes, so it’s not far off from WW1 aerial combat.

Also, I’m I’m thinking up some battlefields and how to divide them.

I’m thinking that instead of trying to deep dive on every little battle along the front, we focus on the most major or interesting ones.

further more, so that we can actually get to cool equipment, we jump a few months for each one.

So for 1937, we’ll have the battle of Washington for the spring, another battle in the summer, and then one to close off the year in Fall/winter. Then start 1938 in spring and repeat.

And I have some ideas for what battles to do next, basically one for if the AUS takes Washington, another for if the Syndies do, and then the victorious faction can also challenge the Feds for control of the Panama Canal as a second front for a bit of Marine warfare and jungle fighting. And that’ll be the Summer campaign.

Similarly, I might try and find a way to break battles down in a similar way.

Like for example, The battle of Washington will have sort of 3 phases.

part 1.) the Battle of Arlington, where we are now.

Part 2.) the Potomac Crossing, the actual push into the city.

Part 3). The Siege of Capitol Hill/ Federal retreat, for the finale.

Hey there,

Expect my post to be up tonight or tomorrow.

(Been having to take more shifts at my work.)

As much as I like this RP in concept, part of me can't help but feel it would have been more successful if I'd found a way to force anime girls and magic into the mix.

Kaiserreich but it's anime girls

I'll Just steal ideas from the Kaiserreich anime mods and Kaiserredux's crippling cocaine addiction

Moereich:
bac48b5df4de3be15b7ff886dcfeefac.png

Moeredux:
fpjoqwhqtr611.png

On a more serious note, have any of you guys ever read the Southern Victoy/Timeline-191 series?

it’s a alternate history book series about a world where the South won the civil war, and follows both countries through WW1 and 2 as well as the interwar years. It’s pretty similar to the kaiserreich 2ACW and I’ve used it for inspiration here in places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back