• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 1937: The Second American Civil War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
So I'm also probably gonna make a page detailing equipment used by each side alongside the character sheet.

Quick rundown for early 1937 is that neither side is really producing their own equipment yet and are all reliant on US army surplus and whatever they had at home.

For all factions
Primary infantry Rifle is the M1903 Springfield, and is by far the most common weapon on the field.
Each standard squad also has a machine gunner armed with the BAR
the M1921 Thompson has been adopted, but is not yet in wide circulation, so it primarily exists in the hands of Squad leaders at this stage and only in its original variant with foregrip and drum mag.
Sidearms mainly consist of a mix of Colt M1911s and the M1917 revolver

Beyond that hunting rifles, shotguns, and other such weapons are also common, especially among irregulars and militias.

Tanks and armored vehicles are extremely rare, with the heaviest among them being the T7 armored car and the M2 light tank, both of which are mainly viewed as prototypes.
Trucks are common enough to carry the vast majority of troops, but mounted cavalry also exists as a remnant of the past, mainly existing as a light reconnaissance force.

So I'm also probably gonna make a page detailing equipment used by each side alongside the character sheet.

Quick rundown for early 1937 is that neither side is really producing their own equipment yet and are all reliant on US army surplus and whatever they had at home.

For all factions
Primary infantry Rifle is the M1903 Springfield, and is by far the most common weapon on the field.
Each standard squad also has a machine gunner armed with the BAR
the M1921 Thompson has been adopted, but is not yet in wide circulation, so it primarily exists in the hands of Squad leaders at this stage and only in its original variant with foregrip and drum mag.
Sidearms mainly consist of a mix of Colt M1911s and the M1917 revolver

Beyond that hunting rifles, shotguns, and other such weapons are also common, especially among irregulars and militias.

Tanks and armored vehicles are extremely rare, with the heaviest among them being the T7 armored car and the M2 light tank, both of which are mainly viewed as prototypes.
Trucks are common enough to carry the vast majority of troops, but mounted cavalry also exists as a remnant of the past, mainly existing as a light reconnaissance force.
Okay, I was gonna ask about this so thanks!

Could we get a headcount of what each faction each of us plan on aligning with?

(As for me, currently undecided lmao)

SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS

What sort of segregation (if any) should we expect to see in the factions' armies?

Is one faction completely exclusive of any particular ethnicity?

Perhaps some have specific units of "All-African" soldiers?

Or, of course, would you rather not incorporate this concept?

SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS

What sort of segregation (if any) should we expect to see in the factions' armies?

Is one faction completely exclusive of any particular ethnicity?

Perhaps some have specific units of "All-African" soldiers?

Or, of course, would you rather not incorporate this concept?
I've kind of been trying to avoid directly confronting how much race would play a part in this conflict, but given the time period and locations it's kind of hard to ignore.

Generally, the CSA and all of it's branches are totally desegregated, fully open to all minority groups

The AUS is in kind of a weird place as Long himself is a social progressive, but has aligned himself with people who are decidedly not. I'd say the Minutemen are largely desegregated on the official level, but Divisions being predominantly of a single ethnicity are not wildly uncommon depending on where they hail from. the Silver Shirts however are unsurprisingly very much exclusionary of everyone who isn't a White Anglo-Saxon Protestant.

The US Army ironically would be the most behind the times as they are still entirely segregated by this point, only beaten out in terms of institutional racism by the literal SS.

Yeah, I was thinking that my characters brigade, while technically not segregated, is mostly made up of Native Americans, with a few local settlers thrown in to make sure it has enough numbers to be considered a brigade.

Got my character from my another Kaiserreich RP that sadly didn't survive for long -_-

Alright guys, character sheets are coming along nicely and we’re getting to a point where we can start.

Generally though we’re getting a bit heavy on officers, so as a for anyone who has already created an officer (myself included) just make sure the next few characters you make are enlisted so we get some more variety in POV.

Jackson123 Jackson123 Berhendt looks good but he’s in kind of a weird place between Attaché and Volunteer. If he’s serving with the Silver Shirts as a Volunteer he should probably be using their ranks and equipment as the German Empire isn’t that involved yet. I’d also like a note as to what division he’s serving with just to keep track of where everyone is.

Trotzki Trotzki Cyrilovich looks good, I like him. I still probably would have preferred a lower ranking officer but I’ll let him slide. Just make sure any future characters follow the starting ranks listed.

Alright guys, character sheets are coming along nicely and we’re getting to a point where we can start.

Generally though we’re getting a bit heavy on officers, so as a for anyone who has already created an officer (myself included) just make sure the next few characters you make are enlisted so we get some more variety in POV.

Jackson123 Jackson123 Berhendt looks good but he’s in kind of a weird place between Attaché and Volunteer. If he’s serving with the Silver Shirts as a Volunteer he should probably be using their ranks and equipment as the German Empire isn’t that involved yet. I’d also like a note as to what division he’s serving with just to keep track of where everyone is.
I haven't put in the rank and unit he is with the silver shirt mainly because i'm not sure how their ranks are structured yet 😂 tbh i'm just making it with the feeling of the southern militia in early civil war 1, with people bringing their own guns to fight the war. if i were to guess a unit then, something like a new stonewall brigade if that make sense?

I haven't put in the rank and unit he is with the silver shirt mainly because i'm not sure how their ranks are structured yet 😂 tbh i'm just making it with the feeling of the southern militia in early civil war 1, with people bringing their own guns to fight the war. if i were to guess a unit then, something like a new stonewall brigade if that make sense?
I honestly hadn’t really thought about that. I really need to make a lore page for people to reference this kind of stuff.

For brevity’s sake, we’ll just say that the Silver shirt ranks work like OTL SS ranks but based on the American rank structure instead.

So a Lieutenant in the Silver shirts would just be an SS-Lieutenant.

For the divisions, is basically the same as SS division names. SS-Dixieland, SS-Carolinas, etc.

The German Americans in the league of facsists were largely organized under Lincoln Rockwell, so if it were on me I’d say he’d be under something like the “SS-Rockwell Division”

Hmm yeah I guess ranks like Unterscharführer, Obersturmführer just won’t stick with American 🤣

Some of the SS divisions in OTL are named after historical figures like 7th Prinz Eugen Volunteer Mountain Division, 8th Florian Geyer Division, 22bd Maria Theresa. In this timeline I believe at least something like “Stonewall Division”, “Stuart Division” and “Lee Division” would probably be a thing lol

Hmm yeah I guess ranks like Unterscharführer, Obersturmführer just won’t stick with American 🤣

Some of the SS divisions in OTL are named after historical figures like 7th Prinz Eugen Volunteer Mountain Division, 8th Florian Geyer Division, 22bd Maria Theresa. In this timeline I believe at least something like “Stonewall Division”, “Stuart Division” and “Lee Division” would probably be a thing lol
Works for me.

on the subject of equipment, it’s really just based on what’s available. While he could obstensibly bring a rifle with him from Germany, the ammunition for it isn’t likely to be easy to get a hold of as opposed to the .45 for the Thompson or 30-06 for the Springfield.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back