• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 1937: The Second American Civil War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I've almost finished my character, however, I've seemed to stumble upon an impasse.

SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS
Do you think it is likely or plausible (or true), that MacArthur would've transferred any units from the west into his command in the months before his coup?
My character is not from the east coast and I'm trying to find a way to get him to where our story will take place.

I've almost finished my character, however, I've seemed to stumble upon an impasse.

Do you think it is likely or plausible (or true), that MacArthur would've transferred any units from the west into his command in the months before his coup?
My character is not from the east coast and I'm trying to find a way to get him to where our story will take place.
Yeah that’s absolutely possible. He would have chosen those he trusted most to go with him, not just the ones that were closest.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki I can tell your character is still pretty WIP, but I do have some notes if you don't mind. Just similar to some of the things with the German character Jackson is working on.

I don't mind that your character is a foreign agitator, especially as France is one of the leading communist powers in the setting and it makes sense they would have already been on the ground before the shooting even started. But I hadn't really planned for any foreign corps or volunteer divisions this early in the conflict and would prefer if she was imbedded with some of the local militias or units for the time being.

Similarly for such a young character I would think it would make sense that she start off at a lower rank, like a lieutenant. And as far as equipment goes, it also kind of falls under the issue of the rounds necessary for any sustained fighting with the MAS at this stage simply aren't available in any notable quantity, so if she's fighting on the frontline she'd probably want to use a more native weapon until the French become more involved.

Does anyone else reread their stuff and are just like: "How did I miss that?"

Misspelled words and weird sentences. I always end up having to edit things lol.

Works for me.

on the subject of equipment, it’s really just based on what’s available. While he could obstensibly bring a rifle with him from Germany, the ammunition for it isn’t likely to be easy to get a hold of as opposed to the .45 for the Thompson or 30-06 for the Springfield.
Isn’t 7.92 Mauser a popular ammunition for hunter and sport shooters in civilian use?

Isn’t 7.92 Mauser a popular ammunition for hunter and sport shooters in civilian use?
I honestly wouldn't know. If you really want to keep it I'll let you have it, I'm just trying to keep sort of aligned. I'd still like you to take another look at the rank and unit stuff though. I need it for the Lore page.

How much liberty do we have regarding NPCs? Being a private, my character won't have much in terms of determining when and where his unit will move.

Are we allowed to create NPCs as needed or do you have a different method?

How much liberty do we have regarding NPCs? Being a private, my character won't have much in terms of determining when and where his unit will move.

Are we allowed to create NPCs as needed or do you have a different method?
Yeah, npcs are just non POV characters so if you you need a character for a scene but don’t plan on them being a major part of the story that’s totally fine.

Obviously if they show up regularly and start taking an active role in the story then they might warrant a CS being made, but otherwise it’s no problem

Have my first post up!

I took a bit of liberty with MacArthur's overall strategy for defense. I put in only what I thought seemed reasonable. However, let me know if there's something I need to change.

I found listening to this with headphones while writing the post does help with immersion lol

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki I can tell your character is still pretty WIP, but I do have some notes if you don't mind. Just similar to some of the things with the German character Jackson is working on.

I don't mind that your character is a foreign agitator, especially as France is one of the leading communist powers in the setting and it makes sense they would have already been on the ground before the shooting even started. But I hadn't really planned for any foreign corps or volunteer divisions this early in the conflict and would prefer if she was imbedded with some of the local militias or units for the time being.

Similarly for such a young character I would think it would make sense that she start off at a lower rank, like a lieutenant. And as far as equipment goes, it also kind of falls under the issue of the rounds necessary for any sustained fighting with the MAS at this stage simply aren't available in any notable quantity, so if she's fighting on the frontline she'd probably want to use a more native weapon until the French become more involved.
Yeah, generally considering changing up my character anyways. Having trouble with the backstory. Might change it completely. I will see what i can do.

I like this trend we have of putting in little vignette pictures of war photos on our posts. lol

You mentioned having the main plot points figured out, does this continue the conclusion of the war itself? Or are we going to have a more "collaborative" approach to the plot.

I like this trend we have of putting in little vignette pictures of war photos on our posts. lol

You mentioned having the main plot points figured out, does this continue the conclusion of the war itself? Or are we going to have a more "collaborative" approach to the plot.
Yeah. I hadn’t actually planned for everyone to copy the documentary style bit I put for the intro, but it definitely adds a bit of flavor.

I’m mostly planning to just decide events based on what side has the advantage.
so like if the Reds Win this battle it’ll lead to one event, if the Longists win it’ll lead to another. I have an assumed victor already picked and I’ll try to lead us toward that, but if everyone else seems to be pushing in another direction I’ll correct for it.

as a general idea, the battle is intended to be brutal, but the Eastern Feds aren’t intended to hold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back