• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 1876: The War for Home OOC (Working Title)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I have trouble finding an FC for this :S
I can relate. Westerns for me are the toughest genres to find fcs for as i usually don't use real people but like others mentioned there are some good shows and movies to search and can possibly find a good one or multiple. But its tough still imo. Once i actually used my favorite portrayal of doc holliday for one western rp ages ago in Val kilmers Doc Holliday as a fc. The current fc im using was simply a lucky stumble upon while looking for a fc.

Fyi update: ok folks, my internet is crap right now and so am reduced to my phone and its data. Potential delay for the ic thread unless internet server starts working again. Gives you guys more time if you need it and those who havent got cs's up yet more time as well. Either way, folks dont have to have css posted before the ic is up or fully done yet in order to still join in when cs is ready. Just makes it easier story wise in the beginning to have as many as possible ready to go.

Westworld is pretty rich for characters. New western movie out on netflix that might have some good fcs also. Aside from that, it's super hard.

I guess its possible to go with the old aesthetic and picking an fc from older forms of media, but that's not for my taste.

I think I found an FC but I am not sure if someone else didn't use him already -to he looks a bit similar but not exactly the same, then again actors can look soooo much different in one movie then in another...

I constantly seem to drift back to my favorite actor from my childhood (I grew up watching his movies and he is my favorite actor because I loved those movies so much) too bad they are very old and the graphics aren't all that clear so I can't use him as my FC hehe.

-Sorry for the oversharing ups-

I think I found an FC but I am not sure if someone else didn't use him already -to he looks a bit similar but not exactly the same, then again actors can look soooo much different in one movie then in another...
Oh? That's true. Who'd you have in mind here?

I constantly seem to drift back to my favorite actor from my childhood (I grew up watching his movies and he is my favorite actor because I loved those movies so much) too bad they are very old and the graphics aren't all that clear so I can't use him as my FC hehe.

-Sorry for the oversharing ups-
That's always been a sign for me. When you keep drifting back to something or a FC, etc. haha that's too bad and no worries on that, it's all cool here.

Damn, it's become painfully obvious I need to watch some old western movies to get some familiarity with phrases. Any suggestions?

Tombstone, Outlaw Josie Wales, Unforgiven, Open Range, Hatfields & McCoys (miniseries, but still), Hell on Wheels (series), Godless (series), Magnificent Seven, True Grit

Those are all personal favorites, and they are an even mix of honest western, spaghetti western, and anti-western. It gives a full spectrum of themes, visuals, and little throw-away lines you can throw about. But, I'm also playing a character that isn't terribly talkative to people he doesn't know, and use more of the visual elements to paint a scene. Take from them what you will, they're all pretty amazing pieces of film, whether the original or remakes.

I'll have my post up hopefully tonight, but tomorrow at the absolute latest. I'm working on it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back