• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Zany Alien Space Crew

Murdergurl

will turn your insides into your outsides
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is a preliminary interest check to determine if I have enough of an audience to finish the setting and put out a recruitment topic.

I'm in the early stages of putting together a setting that will host an extraterrestrial crew aboard a starship. I will hopefully have it done within a week if I have enough interest to continue. The characters will all be from the same species, though there will be sub-species to choose from. There will be denominations of associated job-classes as well. These classes will be denoted by crew uniforms. This RP will be light-hearted and flippant in mood. However, I am expecting a good deal of literacy from anyone who wishes to participate.

Edit: Think of something kinda-sorta like Star Trek, only way less serious, and we are the less-than-popular aliens instead of the open-armed federation. Not necessarilly the "bad guys", but definitely not benevolent explorers sent on a diplomatic mission to explore the stars.
t180924_u163681.png
I'm hoping to recruit 3 or 4 other individuals. While the preface of the RP will be detailed and defined, the direction of the narrative itself will very much be in the style of "shoot-from-the-hip". As such, the storyline will be very mutable depending the decisions of the players. I myself, will also be taking the role of a character in this RP. They are in no way central to the direction of the plot, and should be treated as just another player character and not a lead to be explored. Otherwise, I will also be narrating the environment around the player characters.

I am not particularly keen on GMing groups, and had effectively hung up that mantle until now. So in light of the fact that I'm undertaking this task once again, I will be vetting all applicants so that I do not waste my time with people who are just going to drop out within a couple of IC posts. First and foremost, I will be requiring a writing sample before accepting a CS from any potential players. So please be prepared to submit that to me. When and if the Recruitment Thread goes up, interested parties will have a week to get their Character Sheets finished before the RP starts. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Once the roleplay begins, I will be expecting a post rate of 2 or 3 times a week at the most. And no less than once a week. I will also be expecting multi-para responses as a regular contribution. I understand that not EVERY post will be packed with detail and expounding narrative. But five or six sentence responses as a metric is not something that I want to occur. Reiterating the previous post to pad your own response is also something that will be frowned upon.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my interest check. If this setting piques your interest, please leave a comment below. If you have any questions about the roleplay setting, please feel free to ask those here as well.

Last edited:
Sounds like fun. I too have a space idea I'm working on and I'm totally down for supporting others too. ^^ So count me in for sure with this idea.

Is there a reason for this? Because I'd be interested if I could make my own alien species.
Yes, there is a reason. For one, I don't have to worry about reviewing species and keeping them from being OP or in the same "mood" of the roleplay. And for two, they are all going to be from the same planet and government. Think of something kinda sorta like Star Trek... except we aren't going to be human, and waaaaay less serious, and the alien species isn't nearly as integrated and on good terms with the rest of the galaxy. (Yes, I know Star Trek had some alien species mixed in with the crew. But this won't be the case here)

Yes, there is a reason. For one, I don't have to worry about reviewing species and keeping them from being OP or in the same "mood" of the roleplay. And for two, they are all going to be from the same planet and government. Think of something kinda sorta like Star Trek... except we aren't going to be human, and waaaaay less serious, and the alien species isn't nearly as integrated and on good terms with the rest of the galaxy. (Yes, I know Star Trek had some alien species mixed in with the crew. But this won't be the case here)
I think I'll pass, then. Good luck, though.

okie dokie. Thank you for you time, and the thread bumps. ;-)

i've been craving to do something space opera, sci-fi-esque for while so count me interested—if you're still up for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back