• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Yue's Extraordinarily Mundane Partner Search Extravaganza!

Tian

"Yeah, just add some clever and witty title here."
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Ayo! Hopefully, that title has caught your attention, and now, I will proceed to bore you to death with this post. Name's Allen. I am back from a hiatus from roleplaying and hoping to find some partners to play out some ideas with me.

A little bit about me:
I'm 22 years old, living on the west coast of the U.S. I am currently a grad student working towards a master's, so my free time can fluctuate depending on my class load. Alongside with working a job, my posts may be as low as once a day. Though, I will do my best to inform you.
I am also Asian American, why does this matter? Firstly, English is not my first language, so there might be some concerns with my writing, though I have a good enough grasp if this post has anything to prove. Secondly, I am a sucker for eastern themes, so fair warning whenever you see those in the post.
I have been roleplaying for 8 years~ or so, I prefer playing third person at least for myself, and I tend to enjoy writing with detail. I can write anything ranging from one paragraph all the way to a ten-page essay.
I am a very simple man with very simple needs. I enjoy a good story and a good romance.

Current Preferences:
Fantasy
Romance
Slice of Life
Modern
Anything Wuxia

Original Ideas/Specific Prompts:
This story takes place in a world much like our own. Everything would share some form of similarity except for one vital piece of information. The very notion of a soulmate, fated lovers, or any other term for this concept is not just mere fiction, but rather, built into the foundation and fabric of reality in this world. You see, everyone who is born into this world would be gifted with a special trait. Everyone has their own heartbeat, which affects their own body and their own life. In addition to this, they would feel a faint heartbeat that is different from their own, a second heartbeat that no human instrument can measure except for the person who possesses it. This second heartbeat belongs to their true love, the one that they are meant to be with. This second beat acts as a guide to finding one's true love. Traditionally, everyone is born with this innate gift, and everyone eventually finds themselves with their true love. This is engrained into this very world. A world without heartbreak, a world where everyone can be happy.

But... This story will divert from what is Normal. [Your Character] was born into this world with only one single heartbeat. The only person without a second connection. While some links are very faint, and others beat as strong a drum, there has never been a documented case of somebody born without a connecting beat. Living a relatively normal life, they would be missing this one crucial aspect of their life.

Twenty-one years would pass since this unique occurrence would pass, and a young man would be released from the hospital. After being under medical watch for most of his life, he finally was able to live an independent life even if it is not a long life. The man would take his first steps out of the hospital as he gripped his chest. Behind his jacket and shirt, was a layer of metal. Like a clock ticking, his artificial heart would grant him extra time, and with this extra time, he had one goal to fulfill. He will find her before his life ceases to be.
This has much less of a prompt, but rather just my unstructured thoughts thrown out into the wild and hopefully somebody finds this amusing. The concept will revolve around two students at some form of school or university, or some form of a shared location they frequent. The premise will be set around a body swap idea and how the characters would navigate a new body.

Two complete strangers living two very different lives. Yet, both would make a wish upon a shooting star, wishing for something different, something new, maybe even some adventure away from their mundane lives. The morning after would result in actual change. Both individuals would awaken in the opposing body of somebody that they are vaguely familiar with or somebody that they knew fairly well already.

There is only one cure to return their bodies. A single kiss. Though, every time they fall asleep, their bodies will swap back to opposites.

Inspiration: Yamada-Kun
As the human senses returned to their bodies, the first thing that was processed would be the rotting fish scent that was hurting the nose. The second thing that was noticed was that they were situated in the back of a highly sketchy-looking alleyway. Both [Character A] and [Character B] would share this same experience as they both found themselves lost in this strange location. They were in the heart of the slums of Ryoko Owari, the City of Lies. The building architecture would be reminiscent of feudal japan while also sharing other elements that would be more fantasy-like. Not that either of them understood any of this anyways.

The two of them both had their memories wiped clean, except for their previous behaviors, traits, and communication skills. They both adorned elegant robes befitting of noble Samurai. Both of them wore a small badge with the rank of Magistrate, which was a special title that practices as a detective.

Though, before either of them had a chance to ponder their existence any further, they would be faced up against a peasant man in front of them. His limbs were bound by rope and he was gagged with a cloth. He had a face of fear as he gazed up at the two of them.

What will happen from here?

Inspiration: Legends of the Five Rings

More Coming soon!

Fandoms (The higher it is on the list, the more interest I have in it):
Xenoblade Series (Most fresh in my mind, just finished 3)
Final Fantasy XIV (Finished EndWalker)
Cyberpunk (Familiar with Cyberpunk: Red and Edgerunners)
Fire Emblem
Scissor Seven
Persona Series (3,4,5)
Full Metal Alchemist
Log Horizon
Trigun
Kaguya Love is War
Fairy Tail
Yakuza
NieR Series
Pokemon (Oc x Oc)
Valkyria Chronicles
To the Moon Series
Kagerou Project
Va-11 Hall-a Bartending
Legends of the Five Rings (Setting)
Katanagatari
Da Wang Rao Ming (Spare Me Great Lord)
Legends of the Condor Heroes

Feel free to shoot me a message about any of the names listed above, or we can discuss ideas for an original story! Also open to any of your ideas or any pairing ideas we can build from!​

Last edited:
Bloop

Bloop

Dude. Katanagatari went so hard. I'd be up to give that a shot. JFK by the way, Nice to meet ya

Y'know, I never expected anyone else to actually know what Katanagatari actually is. I'm not sure how to respond haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back