Video Games Your first video game?

My first Video Game was Minecraft 'lite' on the phone, before getting a PC to handle it.

I mean, one of those edutainment games from way back if you want to get technical. I think Howee was the first?

But my first 'core' videogame that I have a memory of is Age of Empires II. And it's still one of my favorites.

Knights and Merchants might be the first too. Or that 3D game that everyone shits on and I really like. King's quest Mask of Arcadia I think?

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember, my first video game is your typical edutainment games called Magic School Bus. Like, I played it in whole night until morning when I was three years old. I may or may not playing some game emulators, particularly Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter (Old ones).

Something on the Commodore 64, around '92 I think. I want to say Ghosts and Ghoulies but I don't remember much beyond what it looked like, and I think it was something more obscure.

Something on the Commodore 64, around '92 I think. I want to say Ghosts and Ghoulies but I don't remember much beyond what it looked like, and I think it was something more obscure.

Mine was Resident Evil 3! I love that game so much but I was so scared of playing it the same >.<

My very first game was Pokemon Yellow. C: I still remember explaining to my mom why I needed it and then explaining to her why it was great after getting it.

Boy was I a nerdy little kid, but bless my mom, she really tried not to laugh at my over excitement.

It's hard to work out what the first one was... games have always been a big part of my life. I vaguely remember playing as Tails in Sonic 2 on the megadrive with my brother when I was tiny (crying alot as he kept running off and leaving me behind). More vague memories of attempting some Atari games on a TV Boy when I wasn't much older.

The first games I would sit and play for hours and hours however would have been Pokemon Red on my sexy purple Gameboy Colour and Spyro 1 on PS1. Still firm favorites with me today too :)

My first video game was the Mickey Mouse game on the original Gameboy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to think that far back is crazy (I don't even remember what I had for lunch).

I know when I was young I started out with a PS1, my grandpa had a PC, and my great-grandma had a Super Nintendo. My earliest memories of PS1 gaming was either Spider-Man (the comic version involving gas covering the city and him teaming with Venom) or Sarge's Heroes. For PC it was definitely Army Men. Super Nintendo was Super Mario Bros 3. If I had to take a guess what came first, I'd say it was Army Men.

I think it probably was Rayman 1... Hard to remember since I was so very young. 4 or 5 at the most.

I would have to say probably Ghostbusters or Zaxxon on the Sega Master system. I was the only one on the block that didn't own a NES. well... Not one that worked properly.

[QUOTE="Sara Nightfire]I would have to say probably Ghostbusters or Zaxxon on the Sega Master system. I was the only one on the block that didn't own a NES. well... Not one that worked properly.

[/QUOTE]
That sucked.

Right now, though, I do still own a working NES. Got it for free from a cousin of mine, because he heard of me desperately wanting one again. ^^

First game I played was Halo : combat evolved on the xbox at my uncle's house, first game I played at my own house was ratchet & clank for the PS2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back