Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

I watched Pokemon first, I remember seeing the first movie in the cinema (wow I feel old) but the details were fuzzy (until I watched it 20000 times when I was older).

I also watched sailor moon / pokemon when I was younger as they were always shown on TV before / after school.

The first one I chose to watch of my own was Death Note (as I was reading the manga at the same time).

I used to watch Pokémon while I was getting ready for school back in the day.

Last edited:
When I was a kid, I definitely enjoyed watching the likes of Pokemon, Cardcaptor Sakura, and even Dragon Ball Z. The first anime I watched that wasn't just beamed into my brain via Cartoon Network either after school or on a Saturday night was Naruto. It's actually what introduced me to manga as well!

I don't know if Pokemon counts, but technically that would be the first one I ever watched, I just didn't finish it so I guess I really don't count it.

In that case, it would be Beastars. I don't really like Anime/Manga, but I'm a furry so of course I had to watch Beastars. Love it.

Mine was A Little Snow Fairy Sugar, and for the life of me I cannot recall how I encountered that before Naruto. I remember almost nothing about it other than there being fairies, and that the fairies really liked waffles. I, being a young fairy enthusiast who also enjoyed waffles, was enthralled.

Sword Art Online lol. I know it's not the best and a lot of people hate on it but as my first, it holds a special place in my heart. It brought me into VR and the world of Anime so I apricate it.

Any of yous familiar with Jetlag Productions? They were this American company that outsourced all their animation to Japan, like many companies did in the 90s, and you can really see the anime influence on their work. I used to watch this film every Christmas called The Magical Gift of the Snowman, and I guess on a technicality that was the first anime I ever watched. Was even directed by a guy who worked on The Castle of Cagliostro.

I watched the Pokémon anime a lot when I was younger. Now I don’t know which anime to watch 😂. I absolutely loved it.

naruto!!!! what a classic. i remember binge watching both naruto and naruto shippuden when i was younger. there used to be a time where i could recount the whole lore to you, now i can't remember any villages outside of konoha lol.

It was likely Robotech or Speed Racer due to the syndication trends of the early 90s.

Pokemon
Dragon ball
Ninja scroll
Hello kitty ( yes they had an anime)
Sailor moon
Digimon

Yugioh
Dragon Ball Z
Pokemon
Digimon

Mostly the stuff that came on TV Saturday mornings haha

Toonami was my first introduction to anime.

Started with Inuyasha, Beyblade, and my still top 5 anime, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo!

My first was Sailor Moon when I used to watch it on cartoon network when I was kid right before school ~
But then when I found out what anime was ~ Inuyasha was my first & will always have a special place for me

My first ever exposure to anime was when my mom let me watch one of her VHS. The show kid me decided to watch was "Mahou no Tenshi Creamy Mami". From there on I became a die-hard magical girl otaku. B)

ok this one was hard cause i had to swim through trauma but pokemon,yugioh cardcaptors, digimon, inuyasha

It brings me incredible joy to see that my best friend's thread is still active after 6 years. Fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back