Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

mine was di gi charat and shugo chara, but at the time I was probably in first grade and didn't really recognize what I was watching as Japanese anime.
I think when I realized it was anime I was watching Inuyasha, Naruto, or Yu Yu Hakusho
Serial Experiments Lain too, but watching that anime at 9/10 yrs old was a bit confusing for me lol

did anyone else watch elfen lied / school days as an elementary/middle schooler and just accidentally scarred urself forever XD

Sailor moon was my first amine and I've been watching anime for I think 2 decades since then I still love anime and Sailor moon will have a special place in my heart.

What was the first anime you ever watched? And what did you think of it?

Mine was Naruto. :D

I didn't know about anime at the time, but I really liked Sasuke (my first anime crush lol), and I also liked Sakura. *face-palm*

I was sooo scared when Jiraiya came in, because I thought my mom was going to think I was watching something bad. xD
Hunter X Hunter!
I remember little ol me, around the ages 7-8 watching my dad watch the anime on his phone while we were on the family bed, I asked if I could watch it with him and eventually he uploaded all the episodes to the PC so I could watch the whole season.

Which was funny because he thought an 8 year old would be mentally mature enough to completely understand the Chimera Arc, but nontheless I remember being amazed by all the fight scenes.

The exact clip I first remember is the Killua vs that one Genthru lackey in Greed Island, I remember being amused by the use of yoyos!

The Ocean Dub of Dragonball Z in the 90's before FUNimation took it over.

(Hot Take: Brian Drummond and Ian James Corlett are still the real and OG Vegeta and Goku whom Sean Schemmel and Chris Sabbat can never match despite having owned the roles for much longer)

I'm pretty sure my first anime was one of the usual picks...Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, or Pokemon. Couldn't tell you which one it was, but it was definitely one of those.

I fell in love with anime before I knew it was anime. I just new it was different from the other cartoons I saw at the time. I don't know which came first, but it was either the Fantastic Adventures of Unico or the original Voltron Force. What drew me in both cases were the eyes.

My first anime was called Full Moon wo Sagashite. It's a fairly old shoujo anime that lasts up to 54(?) episodes. It is still my favourite to this day. <3

Either Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, or Sonic X. I wasn't aware they were animes though. Technically I consider Yuri!!! On Ice and Black Butler the first animes I watched where I was actually aware that they were animes. Don't know which one I watched first. Although, I do remember staying up late and binging Black Butler. Man I loved it so much. I still blast Enamel from Book of Circus to this day.

Death Note, kind off, since I grew up with Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon and Saint Saiya, but didn't consider them anime really.

my first anime would of been either naruto or inuyasha though if you count teen years (since that's when i got back into watching anime since i was three) it would be naruto so technically kid years inuyasha then naruto since inuyasha came out first october 16th 2000 but i didn't get invested into anime till my teen and older years

Last edited:
Monster Rancher was my first ever anime. The first anime I realized was anime was probably Gundam, though.

Technically my first anime was Yo Kai Watch but my first actual anime that I sat through and binged was the dub version of Kiss me, not him.

It was either Sailor Moon or Dragon Ball Z. I still love me some DBZ till this day and will prob still watch it in my senior years. Haha

Dragon Ball Z and Naruto. Or does Digimon count? I was some age under 10 when I first watched Digimon and we only had the first 1-3 episodes I think. I actually never got to watch the full series. It was the same for a lot of the first animes I watched. I'd get to see one YU-GI-OH! Movie or catch the odd episode here of Dragon Ball Z and unfortunately I didn't really know how to find the rest at the time. The first anime where I was able to watch the entire series was Naruto, then Bleach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back