Your favorite Videogame Soundtracks!

Pokémon and Sonic (pretty much the entirety of both series) are definitely my top favorites. Some more specific games include Terraria, Okami, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Outrun (Genesis), Pikmin (1&2), Shining Force 1 & 2 (Genesis), Skyrim, Mario & Luigi (All except Partners in time and Paper Jam, which I don't have yet). Just to name a few. There's probably more I just can't remember right now.

Sorry for posting again so quick, but I remembered one more right after hitting send: Plants vs Zombies.

My favorite full soundtrack would have to be that of Xenoblade Chronicles - best and most awesome soundtrack ever, in my book! The game had deep story, the gameplay was fun and awesome once you got into it, the amount of stuff to see and do was amazing, and the music... Oh, the music was EPIC! I love that game. :3

I frequently pull up Fire Emblem songs (particularly lost in thoughts all alone if I want to get in a royal family-ish vibe into a character). However, I generally play Ar Tonelico and Golden Sun when I just want to immerse myself into a fantasy genre. These two have such amazing background music * ^ * Ar Tonelico in particular has an amazing soundtrack.

I am sure there are a tone of video games out there with awesome soundtrack, it's hard to pin down a favorite, I just happen to love them all:

OST of:

-Child of Light 

-Everybody's gone to Rapture [Pure opera awesomeness, an uplifting experience]

-Ori and the Blind Forest 

-Dreaming Sarah [I REALLY like the style and the mysterious vibe of this one, might be personal tho]

-Minecraft [orchestral version, original lack the majestic feel]

-Beyond: Two Souls [Jodie's Suite and Main theme]

-Heavy Rain 

-Silent Hill [Promise, Main Theme, and some others, honestly I like every horror game's music ever]

-Life Is Strange[ This one is golden, pure, country calmness and awesomeness]

-Zelda [Nah...this one is a classic,  personally like the Great Fairy's fountain's theme and Fi's theme]

That's all on my mind momentarily......

Last edited by a moderator:
Kirby Airride. That's another good one. Always loved the song for Frozen Hillside. Then again, I tend to like the songs for a lot of ice levels.

Red Dead Redemption

The one when you cross the Mexican border for the first time (Far Away by Jose Gonzalez) and Deadman's Gun. Both did fit their moments so good.

[media]

[/media]

[media]

[/media]

Don't forget Malak's theme :P

Yes! The border crossing to mexico is something special indeed! I can't think of another gaming moment to compare it to, don't think any others have used music in this sort of way before :)  

Hands down, Life is Strange will always have the best soundtrack to me. I've yet to play another game with a soundtrack that could match it or even come across as better to me.

I forgot one. The radio stations in GTA San Andreas and GTA 5. Specifically for me K-DST and Radio Los Santos in SA and Rebel Radio in GTA 5.

Classic Squaresoft had some of the best soundtracks in the industry of all time. I mean some unforgettable, viral tunes that carved their place in your mind and heart for eternity, in a time when the industry standard was not what it is today.

Now the sheer gravity and power of FF7 may contribute to the timelessness and impact of these tracks, but nevertheless, they are amazing.

One of my favorites from this soundtrack. The gravity of it set the perfect tone for that portion of the story, and I spent many hours cruising in the Highwind to this track.

But my all time favorite soundtrack, hands down is Chrono Trigger. The level of nostalgia alone is unparalleled, ladies and gentleman. For SNES era, this is the greatest OST in the history of video gaming. Because it's from the SNES era, it will probably never be topped.

It's hard to choose a favorite, lol, but these are my top 2.

This is my favorite single song from a video game, and it's from FF8.

Last edited by a moderator:
Way too many to name, but here's a couple: Dragon Age Inquesition, Fallout 4, Elder Scrolls, and  The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

@KRONOS I agree with you on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. It happens to be my favorite video game soundtrack, with Dark Souls 3 second.

My one true favorite soundtrack is no doubt the Kingdom Hearts series.

All of the games had such great soundtracks..... especially some of the boss parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back