Your favorite Videogame Soundtracks!

Ok mine is a little weird but I love the music in F.E.A.R (First Encounter Assault Recon) It's perfect when it comes to horror music. For me Alma's music box is really disturbing on it's own.

Can't believe the Earthbound/Mother series hasn't been mentioned yet. That, and pretty much every Smash Bros. game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always really liked the 'Life Is Strange' soundtrack, even though that kinda indie music isn't usually my thing.

And I dunno why, but I feel like I'm in someone else's book or someone else's movie or something when I listen to it. (On a bus ride is a good time to listen to this sound-track.)

Also, the
Fall Out swing kinda vibe is nice too. (Both the Walking Dead games have pretty sweet music during the rolling credits at the end of each episode, too.)

I know the Saints Row series gets kinda a lot of hate, but I sort of liked the music from a few of the games; dunno if I would still like the soundtrack, but when I used to play I remember digging it a lot for some reason lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dragon Quest IX has a beautiful OST. Well orchestrated, and extremely memorable. You can play that game once, and then a few years afterwards you just start hearing it randomly again, in your head. It's crazy how easily it can imprint itself in your head, for ever. The entire sound design of that game is pretty amazing. If you like RPGs, and have never played it, you should. My favorite game, and favorite game soundtrack.

[QUOTE="Naruto Uzumaki]
[media]
[/media]

Mick Gordon is a beast. Killer Instinct Season 3 just hasn't been the same without him.

[/QUOTE]

Too many to remember. I'll say the latest that struck me was Transistor. It's just the music enhances every other aspect of the game without overpowering them. Great game overall.

[media]

[/media]

The snowboarding game SSX, I mean the developers behind that game had some taste. Everytime I'd be shredding on the snowboard there was bound to be some great music to follow up with it. Alot of it looked like things Spinnin' Records owned, here have a look for yourself

[media]

[/media]

Goodness... assassin's creed's soundtrack never disappoints, along with silent hill... let's not forget castlevania and Zelda though B) Halo also has a great soundtrack

FFX

Nier

FF 13, 13-2, Lightning Returns

FFVII

Xenogears

Silent Hill 3

Blegh game but The Last Remnant

Chrono Trigger, Cross

WanderingJester said:
Too many to remember. I'll say the latest that struck me was Transistor. It's just the music enhances every other aspect of the game without overpowering them. Great game overall.
[media]

[/media]
I just started playing Transistor the other day! I love how the music changes when you enter the pause/combat mode and start plotting your attacks!

Thespian8719 said:
I just started playing Transistor the other day! I love how the music changes when you enter the pause/combat mode and start plotting your attacks!
Oh yeah, and I mean the music's great, else the music change wouldn't be as impactful. You found the beach yet? It's a great place to just have the game on idle and relax. I love the scenery too.

I just wish this game doesn't make ninja peeling onions appear all over my house. Else I would do my second playthrough (which I'm not sure I'll ever been emotionally ready to start at this point :/ )

I played maybe an hour's worth, so not too far in at all. Might have to tackle it over the weekend though :) Took me a bit to realize that the sword was talking to me!

Thespian8719 said:
I played maybe an hour's worth, so not too far in at all. Might have to tackle it over the weekend though :) Took me a bit to realize that the sword was talking to me!
Lol, yeah, it's a doozey. Well, I hope you don't rush through it. It's a solid game and very rare you play something where every component of the game (gameplay, story telling, music, art) comes together so well. Enjoy! (o'v'o)

Ori and the Blind Forest all the way!  I like all of it, but I guess "Climbing the Ginso Tree" and "Reatoring the Light, Facing the Dark" would be my favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back