Your favorite Videogame Soundtracks!

I have a lot of video games that I like the soundtracks to. Right now my favorite would have to be the soundtrack to Transistor (which very well may be one of the most beautiful games I've ever played), but let me name a few more;

Oxenfree, a really cool supernatural thriller that actually has morse code in the melody one particular song on the OST.

Furi!, a general slasher game with a unique soundtrack

Undertale, I don't really need to say anything do I?

Bloodborne, a game from the Darksouls series, so it's ridiculously hard if you aren't experienced with them. It has a really nice orchestrated OST though that fits the overall theme of the game.

Life Is Strange, a cool game, though the ending left me and a lot of other people upset.

And finally I do enjoy Sonic the Hedgehog OSTs (most notably from Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors, Sonic and the Black Knight, the Sonic Riders series (except Free Riders), and others) mostly because they remind me a lot of my childhood and a lot of them are good in their own right.

I do have many others I enjoy, but I just can't recall them right now, so I will probably be posting in this thread again.

I will share some of my favorite OST tracks from each of the games above in the spoiler below. I can only post five right now, which is disappointing since I want to post so much more.

[media]
[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMTMfyijr5U[/media]

[media]

[/media]
[media]

[/media]
[media]

[/media]
Just to link some of my other favorite ones;

Sorry for the extensive list!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thespian8719 said:
Nahh, but Jacob is my Bro though! If I was playing a female, I would have wanted to romance Mordin though! I get why it wasn't an option, not everyone is a freak like me haha! What can I say, weird is my type! xD
Take it from me, if you play as female Jacob isn't worth it. The jerk left me and I was so angry xD But I can understand! I honestly hope in ME:A that there will be a romance-able salarian! Or even krogan... Other another Turian and AI pleaseeeee

Mine are Undertale (Of course), Max Payne 3 (The third was a bit better than the second and the first), And Mibibli's Quest (Don't judge me it's a fun game) Here are links to the best tracks in the games: [media]

[/media] ||| [media]

[/media] ||| [media]

[/media] EDIT: Go check out skyrim's OST too, beautiful game with a beautiful soundtrack.

I seemed to enjoy "Questionare" from Sour Apple Studio's Horrortale AU. Calming, yet unnerving. It's like somebody could just jump out at you and stabby stab you xD .

Favorite has to be Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. The soundtrack just has so many epic fast sounds as well as relaxed ones for whatever scenario. And really, nothing can beat the epicness of the main theme

[media]

[/media]

Somebody already mentioned Bastion, which is a soundtrack so good it almost carried the rest of the game, so I'll instead give a shout out to Sunless Sea which somehow manages to be eerie and rather charming at the same time.

Definitely all of Squeenix's games. FFVII, Kingdom Hearts, all of their soundtracks are beautiful.

Skyrim still probably has the best soundtrack ever.

[media]

[/media]
[media]

[/media]

The silent hill soundtracks will always have a special place in my heart, True and Promise form the silent hill two soundtrack being my personal favorites.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution has an amazing soundtrack. Also the opening theme from The Wolf Among Us, and Alive Inside from Telltale's TWD.

I love the soundtracks from Dragon Age (all three games). Brothers:Tale of Two Sons has very pretty music too. Child of Light also has good music. And I love the soundtracks from Ori and the Blind Forest though I haven't played that game.

marorda said:
I love the soundtracks from Dragon Age (all three games). Brothers:Tale of Two Sons has very pretty music too. Child of Light also has good music. And I love the soundtracks from Ori and the Blind Forest though I haven't played that game.
Haven't played DA2 or DAI, but Origins definitely has a great soundtrack. The Party Camp music is actually really similar to Alive Inside from TWD.

There are some pretty great videogame soundtracks out there, but to me nothing compares to the soundtracks from Monster Hunter and it's spin-offs, Etrian Odyssey, Pokemon and it's spin-offs. I'll post some links to a theme from each game series (and the spin-offs.)

Monster Hunter

[media]

[/media]
Monster Hunter (Spin-off)

[media]

[/media]
Etrian Odyssey

[media]

[/media]
Pokemon

[media]

[/media]
Pokemon (Spin-off)

[media]

[/media]

Why haven't I found this thread yet? Game soundtracks are my favorite kind of music. Found some good ones just browsing this.

Anyways, sense no one's mentioned this one, let me tell ya about Drakengard 3's OST. This is by far my favorite OST of anything, ever. It has intense boss themes, melancholic melodies, and really chill/emotional songs, but mostly high intensity battle music all in a make believe language.

Here, I hope you don't mind me giving multiple examples.

Voidscape. This track reminds me a lot of Halo, with the male choir and all.

[media]
[/media]

Gabriel. This an example of one of the boss themes. Yeah baby. Volume warning.

[media]
[/media]

Ciphereverie. So... so sad...

[media]
[/media]

It's really hard choosing between all of the the tracks because there are so many, and all are good. If you liked any of these, I implore you to check out the rest on youtube. It's a bit hard to find all of the tracks because some are only in japanese DLC.

Live A Live. Japan-exclusive RPG which let you play as characters from different time periods fighting a common enemy for a common goal.

[media]
[/media]

ShinJix said:
Live A Live. Japan-exclusive RPG which let you play as characters from different time periods fighting a common enemy for a common goal.
I was searching OCRemix a few weeks back. It's criminal that game doesn't have more submissions. I'd kill for a remix of Go Go Buriki Daioh! to make it sound more like it came from a modern sentai show.

It's an action RPG spinoff of the Drakengard series. The most underrated title of last generation in my opinion. Had some weird gameplay quirks but that OST is one of the best ones ever made.

Sequel is coming out for PS4. Has some huge names on it including Platinum Games who is working on the combat, and

Really excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back