• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern You Promised to Be Careful

JD got Mari feed and down for the night and was sitting in the living room, checking his phone every two seconds. When she finally walked in he sighed in relief and watches her go straight to the bedroom. He sighs softly and cleans up the living room before heading in himself.

Carmen was curled up under the covers and waited quietly until he was laying down as well before scooting as close to him as possible and holding on tightly, “I’m sorry... I can’t change the fact that my headspace is not in a good way right now.... but I don’t wanna lose you. I can’t lose you.” She mumbled

JD sighs softly and wraps an arm around her. “I know and I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have snapped at you like that.” He murmurd and rubs her back gently. “Maybe you should go talk to someone. I’m sure plenty of shrinks see other shrinks.” He murmurs and watches her. “I don’t wanna lose you either but I know I’m going to if you don’t get help.”

She shook her head some. “We have no money for that right now, and it would mean more time away from you both.... I don’t know if it’s such a goo idea.” She mumbled frowning and held onto him tightly.

JD frowns. “I got a job interview tomorrow. We’re gonna have more money soon and I can’t keep seeing you like this. You need to get help. Please.”

She looked up at him seeing he wasn’t going to budge on it and finally nodded. “I’ll try.” She mumbled holding onto him tightly still, scared to let go.

JD nods a little and kisses her head softly. He rubs her back gently and watches her. “Get some sleep.” He says softly and leans over, turning off the light.”

JD holds her close and sighs softly. He falls asleep after her. Everytime Mari was up that night he went to get her, not letting Carmen go at all and making her sleep. When morning finally came, he went with Mari to the kitchen to make Carmen breakfast, doing the best her could.

Carmen woke up a while after he had and wandered out to the kitchen, wrapping her hoodie tighter around her while she sat down. “Morning.” She mumbled staring at Mari and looking unsure

JD looks over at her and smiles a little. “Morning.” He mjrmjrd snd brings her over some cereal, her favorite kind and toast. They had made the kitchen a little more accisble for him and he found ways to get stuff done.

“Thanks... what’s the interview for?” She asked him quietly and frowned some picking at the food a little bit not eating a huge amount of it.

JD frowns when she doesn’t eat and sighs. He didn’t know what else to do. “It just an admin job at the station. I’ll beat a desk.” He murmurs and goes to get changed.

She nodded and watched him some. “You want me to drive you?” She asked him quietly, finishing the toast at least but not quite all the cereal, cleaning her dishes up quickly as well.

JD shakes his head. “I already scheduled an Uber.” He tells her and goes and changes. He comes out and grabs a protein bar and his keys. “I’ll see you later.” He mutters.

She frowned but nodded and went to sit down. “Oh wait wait wait! How long are you gonna be?” She asked him looking panicked for a minute.

“I haven’t been on my own with her yet.” She whimpered frowning some. “What if something happens?” She asked him looking scared.

JD frowns and goes back over to her. “Nothing’s gonna happen. You’re a great mother Carmen.” He murmurd siftly. “You know how to take care of her.” He takes her hands and sighs softly. “Do you want me to take her with me?” He asks softly and watches her.

She just bit down on her lip and shook her head. “No I need to have her on my own.” She mumbled frowning some and looking up at him some just nodding and squeezing his hand tightly.

JD sighs softly and bites his lip. “Okay. Call me if you need me, anytime.” He murmurd and kisses her hand soflty. He heads out when the Uber gets there and goes to the station.

Carmen took Mari out of her rocker and took a deep breath. “I can do this. You don’t really hate me do you?@ she mumbled and rocked her softly frowning as she started crying immediately.

Carmen’s mother calls her about half an hour after JD left and smiles a little. “Hey dear. I’m picking up some groceries. Do you guys need anything?”

“No mom we’re alright.... listen... we need to sort out your home flight when get here.... Jorge and I need to start doing all this on our own real soon.” She muttered.

Her mom nods. “Okay.” She tells her and balances the phone between her ear and shoulder. “I’ll be by later for a bit and I’ll look up flights tonight.” She assures her. “I love you mija.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back