• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Year of the Spy OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
Shitpost, ask questions, chatter, plan.

Anyone have any major questions about setting, time period, or want to make adjustments to their character?

I wouldn't mind a rundown on exactly what I do with:
Noetics 3
Quantum Entanglement 2
Metaphysics 3

I'm very familiar with White Wolf games but haven't actually played this particular kind of game before.

Yeah, that's custom stuff. This was originally written for a convention so I haven't detailed that as much as I could, but you should also see an Attunement stat.

Attunement measures your resonance with the Dreamland and capacity for magic. You roll it with those traits when you use them, like an Attribute.
Noetics is protective magic - wards, defence against mind control, anti-magic. You use it to fend off magical attacks or to place protective seals on a location.
Quantum Entanglement is sympathetic magic - using an effigy of something, or a piece of something, you can use that power to track and influence it.
Metaphysics is big flashy magic - telekinetic blasts, setting things on fire with your mind, unravelling matter. I think for Weaver, this power would express itself by shifting probabilities to help allies and hurt enemies.

We can play a bit fast and loose; magic in this universe can be unpredictable and usually carries some kind of backlash or unexpected side effect.

This may sound like a stupid question, but I haven’t done a dice type of rp before. What would happen if it rolls a low score?

This may sound like a stupid question, but I haven’t done a dice type of rp before. What would happen if it rolls a low score?

Depends on the situation, but usually it means you either:
1. Fail at the action you were attempting
2. Succeed, but slowly
3. Suffer some unintended consequence like an injury or lost item.

My hunch is that this game is designed as an entry-level accessible RP, which will probably provide us opportunities to learn and apply the rules in one encounter or another. Don't sweat it too much, Grey's both a solid planner and a patient guy.

Are folks planning to post their characters? Anyone waiting on a question or something? Just wondering when we'll get this show on the road. :)

Grey Grey

Poorly, got quite busy with some work, I’m a bit behind but I’ll see what I can do! Feel free to start without me if need be!

Grey Grey

Poorly, got quite busy with some work, I’m a bit behind but I’ll see what I can do! Feel free to start without me if need be!

I know how that is. If you can get us the gist at some point that'll do, just so we can get an idea of how the others feel about your character and I can justify them being late - or busy with something having gone on ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back