• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Shao
ce6b3ce1803a9422f343f00a254a8490.jpg

"Ohohohoh-kon kon!! My lady is pleased indeed! Or perhaps aiming to show off a little?" He hummed and looked off to the side, as if he was poking fun as somebody. "Large and in charge Pumpkaboos, I hope you all love the blessings of my lady. Its with her love that we shall feast so! I hope you all have a taste for them and a few recipies in the pocket!" Shao gave a deep bow to the small group, happy that it all worked out so well.

His tailed swished, his ears twitched, his smile was as wide as it could be. He could feel doubt of him evaporated, and the happiness enclosed in each of these... Actually... wait... No... Pumpkaboos were berries.

Not veggies.

Right... odd...

Hrmm.

"Alright! How shall we go ahead my friends? Surely we've a plenty of hands to get these things eaten and cooked!"

(---?)
Squink
Character Theme
Character Sheet

Point Booster: Attentive Student E
Titles: Beastfolk, Ilithid, Ryke Nobility F
20230926_222425.png

SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Orikanyo Orikanyo Elvario Elvario

Seeing as Shao had successfully grown his knockoff pumpkins or whatever they were supposed to be exactly, Squink just quietly held and clapped her hands together not too audibly but atleast pleased that he managed to grow them in what was basically no time at all. Hearing Amice question further about her family and becoming a little awkward when the girl asked if Oden was considered family to her. Hesitating for a moment before answering, Squink responded.

"W-well, that's not entirely what I meant, but I-I suppose I could say that. It's, not really friends-family made along the way that I intended to mean... " Squink mumbled as she was left to think on it for a little while before Amice had interrupted her thoughts to show her a pumpkaboo that was reminiscent of her. After walking over to see and inspecting it for a short moment, she tilted her head in order to try to visualise what Amice was seeing.
"I guess it kinda does... I don't know if that's a compliment or... o-or what..." the purple lady questioned quietly as shortly after Shao had spoken about eating the pumpkaboos as she scratched her face a little in thought.
"Is this enough to feed all the people who needs food?... " she asked, since it didn't seem like it would be enough with not knowing how long they may have had to feed refugees.

Location: The Republic of Kuridan, The Nara no Nox Shogunate, Yasaki Outskirts, Temporary Fields
Time: Late evening
Weather: Cool with the occasional cruel wind
Languages: Common | {Sylvan}
Amice's hopeful question made her smile, albeit a little wistfully. "He's long gone now." She spoke vaguely, before Shao's magic suddenly covered the skies.

"WOAH, woah, wai-" As the earth rumbled beneath her feet, Valori shakily stumbled and fell backwards onto the soil as the crops exponentially grew. Her tail was almost squished between two rapidly growing pumpkaboos, though she hurriedly managed to pull it back in time. "How pretty." Rinka smiled, watching the glow of magic as she helped Valori back up and pulled her to the side.

Even Asuka and Tahmuras were stunned by the sights. {Truly. That kitsune must be quite favoured by his goddess.} Tahmuras quietly responded back to Amice, though the shock did not last long for the pair that had been exposed to whimsical fae magics all their lives. Oden chuckled at Amice's joyful rambunctiousness, accompanied by Asuka as they silently struggled to see how a certain pumpkaboo resembled either of them at all.

At Shao's playful teasing, a stray autumn leaf fell from the skies, tickling his cheek as if in response. "I thought you were going to use your healing abilities to help the refugees. But this is also very welcomed." Rinka chuckled, before clapping alongside Valori and Oden after Shao's little speech and bow.

The refugees began to gather out of curiosity and wonder, but strayed a bit farther back, especially as a few owls descended from the skies to maintain order. "Priestess, how should we deal with matters here?"

"A feast of course. Let's liven some spirits." Rinka smiled carefreely, before moving away to discuss and organize with them further alongside Valori. A green ilithid with a chef's hat soon stormed over afterward, menacingly wielding a giant machete as he wielded his many arms to slice up the pumpkaboos one by one. Little mousekin appeared and scurried about, carrying plates to and fro to catch the pumpkaboo slices and chunks and bring them back to the kitchen.

Squink's concerns did not fall on deaf ears, even as the crowds began to bustle about and sort out the heavenly gifts. "It is not a consistent food source, but any help would be more than welcomed at this time." Oden chuckled. "It is also a sign of gods' blessing. For the people here who have lost hope in the future, I imagine this was a much needed gift." She spoke lightly, watching the wonder and awe on everyone's faces.

Soon enough, burly beastkin appeared from the tents side, serving various pumpkaboo dishes all around the campsite. The warm aroma of fragrant soups, delicious pies and other warm delicacies flooded the camp, alongside cheerful chatter and many thanks and bows towards the group, particularly towards Shao. The pumpkaboo feast was in full swing, with Rinka and Valori returning with warm smiles. "Thank you all so much for your help. Whatever the future holds for you, I wish you all the best." Rinka spoke with a rare solemnity, looking at each of them kindly in turn.

(---?)
Squink
Character Theme
Character Sheet

20230926_222425.png

SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Elvario Elvario Orikanyo Orikanyo

The extra amount of pumpkaboos that had sprung up last was quite a little bit of a surprise to see, but she hadn't known what capabilities Shao was truly capable of until now. Such a power seemed so useful for the circumstances of the people in need as well as many he must've met in his travels, which was probably why he had grown to become so easily kind and bewitching of the attention of orhers since even his powers let him spread such positivity with ease. Squink briefly thought about what Amice had pointed out about family once more, a little distracted by it as Oden was speaking about the concerns she had raised. About to agree with the good part that it was food for the moment that many needed, any thoughts of hunger and the other members she had been spending time with were interrupted by the sight of the first other ilithid she had seen in this world entirely. There was an ilithid man here the whole time, no wonder that she was not a complete surprise to the eyes of most.
"Look at all those tentacles, to be held in those... " Squink quietly thought of such things before being brought back to attention.

As Rinkah was thanking them for their assistance, she could tell the preferential acknowledgement that Shao was receiving, sighing and imagining that it was once again like the time they had travelled with Michael, that Blue Guy with the Sword or whatever his fabled name was.
"Perhaps not so lucky this time... " Squink mumbled, having hoped she would find greater success for the time being only to seem like there was always going to be someone of considerably more use and talent. Sighing as she chose to just address her attention elsewhere and awkwardly holding her fist against her mouth in nervousness, her tentacles tightly coiled and toyed around her wrist looking for something to grab at as she asked.

"C-can I go see that man for a little bit? I-I can help more later, it's j-just a personal thing you know-" Squink asked as she gestured to the direction that she had watched the green ilithid go to, looking like she was very obviously flustered and nervous.
"D-do I look okay? Do you t-think he'll like me? Does this dress make m-me look bad? I-I should, go and, talk to him right now, r-right- I-I'll be back soon or later!" Squink stammered, along the way abruptly twitching in a started sense and making a funny audible squeak as if she was a squeaky toy, as she eventually slipped away from the group to not pass up the only opportunity she has gotten ever, nervously hurrying off to the direction of the other ilithid as she clasped her hands together.

"H-hey, sorry to interrupt you mister, b-but I don't get to see your kind often, c-can we maybe talk a little bit when you're free to? I-I'd love to hear about anything you want to talk about if I can ask some things... " Squink asked, gently twirling a tentacle on her face with her finger.

Actions
1. Use Seduction (F) on the male ilithid.

Last edited:
Amice Bellamy

tK86AGr.jpg
Mentions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers | Squink Femboy Femboy | Shao Orikanyo Orikanyo

She tilted her head a bit, looking at Squink questioningly. “Friends-family? I don't get it! Aren't family the friends that you stay with? So if you're going to stay with miss Oden, you'll be family, right? That's how I became family with Asuka and Tahmuras!” She explained.

When Squink admitted it did look like her, she proudly proclaimed more. “I know right! It's got tent-a-culls that are almost the same, but it doesn't have the same pretty colour...” She realised the biggest difference. Perhaps if they'd paint the pump-kaboom?

Tahmuras' words confused Amice. “{His goddess? Does he not worship the Spirit King and Cardinals?}” That sounded weird.

In the end, however, she had only one question left. Wait, no, two. “{Do you think they'll tell us if they found more of Asuka's family now? Oh, and if they have a cat-tail-list to spare?}”

Shao
ce6b3ce1803a9422f343f00a254a8490.jpg

"Ohohoh yes praise my lady's works more and more! Sing the song of thanks and breath a sigh of relief, for it is not enough to simply feed the weary!

But the maimed must be restored!

While they cook, come come, lets see to the ones who are ill and a hurt.

We fill their bellies and hearts then mend their bodies and minds!

A day of succor and restoration shall bring them back up to shape once more!" The sing song voice of the fox man continued to chime out, he danced, twirled and twisted happily, as if his joy couldn't begin to be contained. Truely, he did love his job... If only we all were so lucky.

"Now now! Lets see to them, in recompense I shall need but a kiss or three from our Valori~!" He joked, well, half joked, as he slipped up to Tinkah. "Come come! Lets go and soothe and mend!"

(Skill to be Used: Healing grade D

Shao wont leave till he tends to all he can.)

Location: The Republic of Kuridan, The Nara no Nox Shogunate, Yasaki Outskirts, Temporary Fields
"Feel free Squink, it's a feast. Go and mingle." Oden smiled knowingly, encouragingly pushing the ilithid forward towards her target. "You look great." She laughed behind her, watching over her friend until she safely met the other ilithid, before turning her gaze away and leaving them to it.

"Hey! It's good to see you, one of the new helpers right?" The green ilithid called out exuberantly, his many arms not faltering in the slightest as he turned towards Squink. At this distance, it was clear the chef worked out, with hefty muscles across his aquatic limbs and a broad frame. His silver eyes glowed with an outgoing friendliness as he continued. "I'm down for a chat! Just- oop, careful there." He laughed, suddenly wrapping a spare tentacle around Squink's waist and pulling her aside, just as a bunch of mousekin zoomed on by. Releasing her carefully, he finished slicing up the pumpkaboo in front of him before placing his machete aside, grabbing a tissue to wipe his hands as he fully turned to Squink. "So, what's up?" He smiled cheerfully, briefly patting a little mousekin to the side that was picking up the final bits of fruit. Femboy Femboy
---

{There's many different cultures and religions out there, Ami. Most in the Fae See tend to worship the Spirit King and the Cardinals, but elsewhere, there's entirely different fabled spirits, gods and pantheons.} Tahmuras explained lightly, nudging her out of the busy farm site towards the side, where he flopped down and enveloped her in his tail. {I'm beat, it's been quite the day.} He yawned, sprawling his body, as Asuka scoffed, standing guard off to the side.

At the mention of family, the pair stirred. Noticing Rinka and Valori were free, Asuka grew some courage and sauntered over, though Tahmuras kept a wary eye out for their naive Xianhe regardless. Fortunately however, she quickly returned. {"The priestess said she's not aware of any others of my species in particular, but the name sounds as if it came from the west empire, and that we may have better luck asking closer there."} She recited plainly, deep in thought. The outcome was not perfect, but it was something of a lead at least. At least, she remained hopeful. Tahmuras merely nodded, contemplating the news. {"Catalyst-wise, she said there's unfortunately none to spare, but they'll hopefully be able to pay us enough to afford one later."} She stated simply before roosting beside Amice. {"To be honest, I'd have felt bad to extort too much from these people after what we've seen today."} She shared quietly, gazing toward the lively but somewhat pitiful feast going on in the camp. Elvario Elvario
---

"D-don't say such things s-so easily..." Valori stammered, her face blushing beet red as she vaguely glared at the flirtatious kitsune. "A-and don't you mean Rinka? She's much prettier and more charismatic than me..." She curled up self-consciously, her voice dwindling in volume as she twiddled her thumbs together. Rinka, who clearly heard everything, could only sigh, hugging her dear friend before pushing her forward. "Go lead him to the injured. I'll take care of matters here. You don't listen when I compliment you, so I'll let him do it." She huffed playfully, taking care of matters of the feast as Valori led Shao away. There were wounded everywhere, and Valori merely let Shao treat whoever they saw, as they praised and thanked him gratuitously for everything he'd done for them.

(---?)
Squink
Character Theme
Character Sheet

20230926_222425.png

SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

Preparing herself to be ready for however this mysterious other ilithid could perceive her, she was a little dumbstruck by his surprisingly kind and welcoming demeanour since his appearance made him feel a lot more serious than he turned out to be. It was perhaps a good example of not to judge people by their cover, but Squink was a bit too distracted in order to consider the idea at the time. A little silenced for a moment, she eventually laughed nervously and answered in response to his first question.
"Y-yeah, I'm Squink, although I didn't have anything to do with that whole, food-growing thing that was someone else... " the purple ilithid mentioned before being abruptly pulled aside to not be within the way of mousekin travelling around, which only distracted her with the way the man was physically built.
'Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh-' Squink panicked in her mind at how willingly nonchalant he was to make physical contact, they had just met after all. Although, she was likely distracted by the idea of big muscular tentacles, for reasons probably related to lack of interacting with other ilithids that made this one single one so much more special and important. A bit too distracted to immediately answer, Squink hesitantly fumbled when she realised he was done with what he was doing and was looking to her fully, nervously coiling her tentacles as she toyed and fidgeted with her own hands trying to look for the right words.

"A-ah, see I was, probably thinking that, I don't see any ilithids ever y'know and you're the first one I've seen in a very long time and- y-you know you probably know a lot of them it's probably not very weird for you, b-but just to ask what brought you here or such? Y-you seem very proficient at what you're doing, I-I've always thought cooking or baking or something looked a little fun but I- you know have been walking around a lot, haven't really had a place or time to learn-" Squink answered as she had no idea what she was saying at this point or how she was supposed to be handling a conversation in which she didn't have any idea where the direction was supposed to be going.

"M-maybe like- I-I saw you an earlier-while ago, you know a- s-sometime like, pff it's not much but I was maybe thinking that yoouuu weeeere.... uuh, p-pretty- handsome- n-no, wait, well, y-ye- good? Looked nice, and maybeee thought I could ask if we could spend a little time to get to know eachother and m-maybe other stuuuuff?... y-y'know if you want it's not any pressure or anything I'm sure you have... b-big strong tentacle workout stuff to do- o-or something- you know we can, d-do something or go somewhere for a while and get to, know... e-eachother, b-because I just said this and... y-yeah" Squink tried to continue as if she was looking for a lead to ask him on some sort of date or outing although unsure if it was too strong for it to be the first thing she asked in the first 5 seconds of meeting him. Such an opportunity didn't come around often at all.

Actions
1. Rizz him NOW. (Seduction F)​

Amice Bellamy

tK86AGr.jpg
Mentions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers |

She was confused by Tahmuras' words. “{Isn't everyone eventually tied back to the spirit king? I thought he's the one that governs all other gods and spirits and everything..?}” She'd clearly been pretty influenced by some of the See's children's books and hadn't really gotten a sense of the 'real' world out here in those regards.

Come to think of it, as Tahmuras said he was tired, she realised how tired she'd gotten. She had been working really hard, giving candy to people, talking to many strangers, helping pump-kabooms grow... His yawn was infectious as she yawned herself as well.

A bit sleepy, she'd reply to Asuka. “{Then we'd have to go to the West Empire... and perhaps get more cat-tail-list there... and... and...}” She was loosing track of what she wanted to say, as her eyes were growing heavy. It didn't take long for her to totally conk out.

Shao
abacebeafc9de07b7476480680d39b12.jpg

Shao would perform his duties.. well.. Dutifully. his ministrations were tender as they were informative, giving plenty of information to those in need. Sometimes giving out light scolding for those being stubborn about their symptoms and trying to be tough. "Confidence comes and goes, having a steady hand and a suitable set of skills brings more to the table than what one says they have. Proof is in the pudding, effort, strength and skill must be shown if they are to have any sway.

These people look up to you and Rinkah, and you conduct where aide must go and how can those who can help, must help.

This is not to be underestimated...

I say you're beautiful, as well as Rinkah, not because of your outward appearance. But because of your heart to work for these people so~!" Shao hummed a small tune as he explained, finishing up a bandage upon a man's back. "Magic only goes so far, it may seem like we... magicians... Can up and save the day. But those with staying power and people like you, Ms Valori."

Shao patted the man on the shoulder, the healthy one, seeing him off.

"My lady loves those who do such as you. The modest, but fervent in their purpose. And I cannot help but fall for those types myself ohohohoh~!"

"No worries! We're grateful for any extra hands in general. You can call me Jaru." The green ilithid chuckled gently. "Most travellers steer far away from this overcrowded and messy campsite." He explained with a light shrug.

Now that he could stand aside and look at her properly close up, he finally noticed all her nervous fidgeting. "Don't be afraid, I don't bite, promise." He started, seeming to panic slightly. "I'm sorry for dragging you so suddenly just now, didn't want anyone to get hurt." He apologized sheepishly, scratching his head with a stray tentacle.

"I'm from Natori, one of the refugees actually. Since I lived by the river, I have indeed seen my fair share of ilithids." He mused after a pause, finally understanding that faint awe and excitement in Squink's eyes. "I used to be the head chef for the village head manor." He proclaimed with a hint of pride, before quietly continuing to listen to Squink ramble on... and watching her quickly grow less and less coherent.

Either way, even if he couldn't string together every word, he certainly could figure out what she was asking for.

"A cooking date sounds good to me." He chuckled, more lowly this time, with squinting narrowed eyes. "As a traveller I'm sure you'd have some fun stories to tell."

"And. You're quite cute yourself, Squink."
He smiled before laughing to ease the mood, booping her playfully on the nose with a tentacle. "Let's save that for when Natori's fixed up though. Can't be going on a date homeless." He laughed once more. "Come by and visit sometime in the future, if you're still interested that is." He waved carefreely, before stepping away to continue dicing up and prepping the pumpkaboos. Femboy Femboy
---

Tahmuras mused silently for a while at Amice's return question, watching her grow sleepy with a quiet smile. "{Sometimes the things you hear in one place won't be the same elsewhere. You'll hear contradictory stories a lot whilst we travel.}" He explained quietly, gently tucking her in with his snout.

"{In the end, it's up to you to decide what you want to believe in.}" He concluded with a smile, turning his head aside towards Asuka as well. They both had a lot to learn and discover, but he was glad to be able to watch over them as they spread their wings. Asuka nodded at him in response in a rare show of peace, as the pair settled down comfortably by each other's side, quietly guarding their youngest. Elvario Elvario
---

"Thank you Shao." Valori smiled with twinkling eyes, quietly aiding Shao in his treatments by helping up patients, holding medical gear and the like. "Some days I wish I wasn't barren of mana, but I am also happy the way that I am now. I'm surrounded by encouraging, lovely and amazing people after all." She reasoned quietly, trying to persuade away the darker thoughts hidden at the back of her mind.

"You are inspiring Shao. Thank you again." She beamed quietly, before working up enough courage to tiptoe and give him a quick kiss on the cheek. It was very brief, and barely could be felt at all, but the mousekin blushed and lowered her head out of embarrassment regardless. "I wish you and your goddess all the best." She stated quickly, before dashing away at her usual superhuman speed.
---

The feast lasted well into the night, painting the dreary campsite with warm vegetable aromas and peaceful smiles. Blessed by nothing but kindness after their dire straits, the refugees of Natori were renewed and revitalized with hope. Whether the travellers chose to stay the night, or leave that evening, pay, accommodation and toiletries would be arranged swiftly by Valori and the Ryozo Clan, with little thank you cards hand-signed by dozens of refugees. Orikanyo Orikanyo

Universal Titles:
  • [Helper of Natori]
    • Character has aided Natori village during dire straits, and the village folk will not forget such kindness. When travelling through or to the riverside village, the character will be welcomed warmly with memories of gratitude.
  • [Ryozo Clan Associate F]
    • Character is associated with members of the Ryozo Clan, who have favourable, if faint, impressions of them. Allows the character to be more privy to the location of the clan and any situations stemming from it.
Shao:
  • [Giver of Feasts]
    • Character has brought forth bountiful feasts for those in need, and is more likely to bring forth or be drawn to more feast-like activities in the future.
Amice:
  • [Little Helper]
    • Character is known as a small but able helper. Prone to head pats of gratitude and endearment.
Squink:
  • [Giver of Supplies]
    • Character has done notably well in distributing necessary supplies to others, and is more likely to be seen as a capable and efficient person for such duties.

Isekai Hell Grade

Elvario Elvario Orikanyo Orikanyo RavenSong RavenSong SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Femboy Femboy slifer37 slifer37

A very chill rp. Feels good to be good sometimes. Hard to be around suffering when you have the power to help. Fortunately, spring is coming so the conditions should improve some with better weather. Feels like the co narrator stuff didn't quite pan out and looks like not everyone made it to the end. Unfortunate. Good effort carrying the load. Looks like the search goes on for many of the characters. A nice little spring board to other things. Surprised timepiece didn't have yukon in this.

Aftermath
N/A

Rewards
(choose one of the titles you feel fits best for your character's efforts and goals)
  • [Helper of Natori]
    • Character has aided Natori village during dire straits, and the village folk will not forget such kindness. When travelling through or to the riverside village, the character will be welcomed warmly with memories of gratitude.
  • [Ryozo Clan Associate F]
    • Character is associated with members of the Ryozo Clan, who have favourable, if faint, impressions of them. Allows the character to be more privy to the location of the clan and any situations stemming from it.

Amice - 40pts

Shao - 41pts

Squink - 105pts (attentive student)

Partial Participants
(Partial participants are not entitled to any titles or additional rewards)

Slifer - 12pts (narrator)

Scylla - 21pts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back