• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Astrid Thorn
Owlfolk form.jpeg
Personally, Astrid had come to the village to discuss a change in their trade agreement, as the bridge that was normally used had broken, making the trade routes longer and more dangerous to travel, which would mean a disruption in trade and possible price increases, but that could wait. She usually kept longer stretches of time between traveling to locations, so she could do what she wished in between the travelling and business meetings, unless the situation was dire.

"Sure, it's no problem...Amice, was it?" Astrid asked, making sure to remember the gnome's name, for future moments.

"Technically, I am the species I turn into. It's like turning into an alternate version of myself. So...when I turn into a creature, I become the species itself. I create a whole other individual of a species. It's like a parallel universe. So sure, if I became elven or gnomish, I am a fae in that moment." Astrid clarified to Amice.

"I can help, if you need me. An extra set of hands is better than not." Astrid replied easily to Valori. She followed behind the group, receiving whatever set of rations and tasks that would be asked of her. She would do her best to help out with diligence, care, and empathy, whatever was asked of her- within reason of course.

ce6b3ce1803a9422f343f00a254a8490.jpg

"Uncouthe, my dear we are but merely playing." Shao gave a big showy shrug, the shirtless man though would listen to their new friend explain some things... Ah.. seeing her hide away.. it sparked his heart to crack and break.. How cute.. how sweet... Focus... "Ah, the medical area, I am versed in a degree of the healing magics, cureing common diseases and mending wounds is simple for my lady's works." he would leave this big show of spells to later, those seeds shall serve to feed these people before the end of the day. He had practiced the spell quite abit, he knew the rites, what he must do, and all he needed was proper soil.. Which was all around.

"I hope all goes well, Lady Valori." the priestly fox box deeply before the, what he presumed, was the mousey quartermaster of the area.

"I trust, should we be accosted, our valorous friend shall keep us well behaved, and others as well!" he gave his farewells for the time to the smaller woman before turning to follow on with the others.

"Hmm hmm hmmm, the medical area... there shall, if allowed, i bestow blessing of health and vigor. Lead me, fair Rinkah, let my lady's light and life touch those in need.

..And I swear I shall keep my overindulgence of her greatness to a minimum ohohohho~!"

"Oh! Uhm.." the witch stuttered, at some point this little girl will have to realize the dead don't always die. "Well, you see dear, when some people die, they leave behind alot of unfinished business, so they are pulled by the urge to interact by the living. I'm sure you'll see what I mean soon enough." The witch attempted a smile, "Oh, but don't trouble yourself figuring it out. You're still so very young. Almost young enough for a sacri- I mean, very young to know about these things. All in due time!"

It was then that the Sylvan would sneeze, following the culprit her eyes would follow the fluffy tail whose trail lead to Shao. "I.. beg your pardon." She said lifting her finger, "Keep your tails to yourself there. Being attractive doesn't give you an excuse to fluff up everyone's nose!" She'd suddenly blush, realizing whom the witch was talking to. "I mean.. I'm.." she'd suddenly feel hot, and covering her face she continued, "If I may.." she began as she cleared her throat, a hand still over her eyes. "Your figure is absolutely distracting my otherwise inquisitive mind." Hearing the fox man say her name sent chills down her spine, what was it about attractive fox people!?

"Now if you'll excuse me! I have some children to give gifts to!"

Scylla, stumbling about everywhere, bumping into Astrid and Squink even, eventually found the back packs and took one on her back and set off to distribute to the needy and the weak.

Location: The Republic of Kuridan, The Nara no Nox Shogunate, Yasaki Outskirts, Refugee Camp
Time: Late evening
Weather: Cool with the occasional cruel wind
Languages: Common | {Sylvan}

• full
{"Yeah, I think a lot of buildings were ruined by the sudden monster raid, which is why so many are seeking shelter here now."} Tahmuras explained lightly, though at this point his brain was somewhat vague and grasping at straws, his information lacking. The blue owl wasn't even talking to him at the time, so he really wasn't the clearest on the whole situation. {"If you have more questions you can try asking Rinka, think she would know more than me."} He advised encouragingly, knowing Amice was having fun talking to all the strangers, and more willing to trust the woman that warned Amice about her safety than others.

The group was only ever growing larger, putting Asuka unwittingly on edge. Fortunately, her attention was slowly brought back by Amice's little queries, causing her to smile gently back at the tiny gnome. "Volunteering {in this case means to offer to help out. She's thanking us for coming to help.}" She explained lightly, cautiously allowing said mouse-eared woman to attach a bag to her back. "That's right. If you see any hurt children you can reach, give them a few things from your bag that you think would help them out or make their day." Asuka explained softly, her heart softening at Valori's mention of injured children, feeling quite motivated for the task at hand. Elvario Elvario
---

Oden waited for the others to pick their bags first, her gaze straying toward the owl-like shifter inadvertently, before taking her own peacefully without a word. Peering inside, she found it was quite organized. Blankets were rolled up and piled neatly on top of each other with parcels of rations slotted neatly on the side. She imagined each bag differed slightly in contents, but still, it was nice to see.

The old owl was quickly drawn away from idle thoughts by her purple companion's sudden theories and speculations. Turning her head to meet her friend's sun-like eyes, Oden was honestly quite surprised to hear such thoughts from Squink, originally thinking she didn't seem like the type to question things so deeply. She mused in silent contemplation for a moment before chuckling. "It is indeed quite weird. But the raid only happened yesterday, I imagine investigations are still ongoing. Perhaps a more formal announcement about the event will be posted on the news sometime soon."

"If you are worried about Yasaki City, don't be. The Ryozo Clan is no paper tiger. Even just the defences, hidden and outward, here at the city will far outweigh a riverside village's. I'm sure they've considered such matters already."
She chuckled, silently patting Squink on the shoulder as a show of gentle praise for her thoughts. Perhaps it was the leftover tutor still in her, but Oden still loved to see sensible or intuitive younglings thinking ahead. Femboy Femboy
---

"T-thank you Shao. No need to call me lady, I'm just a humble villager without noble origin." Valori answered sheepishly to the kitsune, raising her hands a little out of embarrassment and agitation at the sudden fancy title. His latter words couldn't help but make her smile however, as she nodded in reply. "Yeah. Rinka looks lazy and like she doesn't care about anything, but she's the most capable person I know. You guys will be safe with her around, rest assured." She praised eloquently, quietly beaming with pride for her friend although the latter merely gave her a subtle glance, before ushering them all off.

Soon after, watching the originally bold and confident Scylla suddenly stutter and stumble away out of embarrassment, Rinka was caught off-guard, before lowly chuckling and giving a meaningful glance to Shao. "The hero should chase the beauty now no? Or are you going to leave her to get lost in the crowds by herself?" She teased, her tail swaying rhythmically behind her out of amusement. She looked very much eager to watch a good show, the popcorn almost materializing in her hands. Orikanyo Orikanyo RavenSong RavenSong
---

The refugees were eager and happy to see the supplies delivered to their doorstep, some even eager to clamour and snatch, though one glance from Rinka was enough to dispel most from behaving too unorderly. It was heart-breaking to see some children with lost limbs and heavy bandages, not to mention those in mourning that seemed to lack the will to live, but the small but sincere smiles of happiness from the given gifts and donations could melt anyone's heart.

Squink's usage of Empathy F allowed her to discover some of the more stubborn or strong-fronted folk who liked to hide their weaknesses, such as hunger, fatigue and the depths of their injuries. It took her a little longer to give things than the others, especially with stubborn but injured elders who wanted to give everything to their children all the time, but her efforts were fruitful, and many were particularly grateful for her patience and keen eyes. Femboy Femboy

It seemed, as disorderly and overcrowded as things seemed here, there was some semblance of organization at play. For every group of children, there was an encirclement of adults sat around them, silently but cleverly protecting their most vulnerable. It seems the tents inside were reserved for the sick or ill, as a way of quarantine so that a plague didn't spread across the entire camp.

Slowly however, the tents and crowds began to thin out, the path beginning to lead to a lonesome, distant tree atop a gentle slope.

Amice Bellamy
tK86AGr.jpg
Mentions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers | Squink Femboy Femboy | Astrid slifer37 slifer37 | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong Shao Orikanyo Orikanyo

Amice was glad to hear some See appreciation. “It is great! There are lots of fish. And trees! And berries!” She listed some of the most amazing things about the See. That said, she felt rather embarrassed when she got her directions wrong again, regardless of how often Asuka had attempted to teach her. “R-right... south. Not west. South. Thank you miss.” She replied to Squink.

On another note, Astrid was confusing her. “Alt... alt.. nate?” That was a word she didn't know in common. Or individual. Or “Para...” She looked a bit sad. “I'm sorry miss, I don't understand.” She admitted, as both the words used and the explanation herself were rather challenging to comprehend.

Scylla wasn't faring much better. Mostly due to Amice getting a bit upset. “I am not young! I am ten and six years old!” She retorted. That was plenty old. “What is a sacri?” She asked. “And what is an 'urge'?” She was trying to understand while enhancing her Common at the same time.

She nodded at Tahmuras, when she got told to ask Rinka more questions. “Miss Rinka!” She called for the latter's attention. “Are these people going to live here for long?” She asked, as she wondered if 'seeking shelter' was a temporary thing or not.

Amice cheered up at Asuka's reply. “{Oh! In that case I can do lost of} vole-und-eering... volun...teering! {that helping out thing!}” She spoke confidently. She nodded, as Asuka re-explained the task at hand. That said, she was quick to run into the first challenges. She pointed at an elderly man. “{That is not a child.}” followed by a middle aged woman “{That is not a child.}” but then at a young-adult man “{That is... not a child.}” then at some teenagers... “{is that a child? They are so tall! But everyone is...}” She wasn't sure at what point someone stopped being considered a child. It also wasn't nice to see so many people that looked pretty badly hurt either. She'd rarely seen anyone injured before altogether, let alone so many people so severely.

(---)
Squink
Character Theme
Character Sheet

Point Booster: Attentive Student E
Titles: Beastfolk, Ilithid, Ryke Nobility F
20230926_222425.png

Mentions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Elvario Elvario slifer37 slifer37 RavenSong RavenSong Orikanyo Orikanyo

Squink spent as much time as she could trying to help those who needed it, trying her own hardest to be a positive support even if those people she was trying to help didn't know or invite her to be present. It was worthwhile just to spread the tiniest little bit of happiness in the end, even hoping that it would likely make her more recognisable or memorable as someone good since she did stand out a lot usually wherever she went. Standing out wasn't always a good thing when people continually thought questions or thoughts about what one even was when someone who stood out could be like Shao, who seemed so easy to sway people's minds into trusting him. Perhaps that was the real reason he presented himself in such a way since he felt just as flirtatious as Scylla whom it felt like he had managed to outdo in that regard. With the vibes she got from some of the people in their little group, Squink hoped that it wouldn't 'corrupt' or influence Amice's idea of normal in any way.

The lost weight of the bagpack that was once fully stocked was a surprising relief at the least and a physical sign she had helped out a lot, although the cephalopod was already thinking that it might be worth her time to stay around and try to help to the best of her abilities. There were clearly people who needed it and she didn't have anywhere else to go, plus Oden being present was a plus. Perhaps randomly travelling around with no aim was coincidentally the best outcome.

Squink was still keeping an eye out for anything that looked significantly troubling, though the majority of her attention was brought to the distant tree that laid ahead. They seemed to be travelling in its direction, so she was curious if it was some sort of landmark or notable thing.
"Is that some kind of special tree with a special meaning, or does it just... look, special, like it's the kind of place I would go when I'm feeling a little dow- t-that's a little bit oversharing... uh, oops, forget that... " Squink asked in general to both Oden and Rinka mainly since the two seemed like those who would probably know, before eventually falling embarrassed and quieting her voice unsure how to fix her questionable mentioning that was aloud and just looking at the floor holding her hands together in front of her. Astrid had mentioned how they learn to turn into other's forms and had already shown capable of turning into the kind of birdfolk that lived here, so it did raise the question that possibly this likely wasn't her first time visiting. By this time, Squink wasn't entirely sure what they were up to since she just recalled offering to support the refugees which she had already done so with the supplies she had but wasn't sure where they were being led to. If it had been said, Squink had forgotten. Asking Oden quietly since she was still visibly embarrassed over her first question, she tried to ask for an idea on what they were actually going to.

"W-where are we going? I don't really remember if she said or not. Is there something else for the refugees this way?... " Squink asked her owl friend in a soft tone, notably avoiding eye contact over her hesitance and awkwardly lost confidence.​

Shao Tenko
abacebeafc9de07b7476480680d39b12.jpg

Bowing deeply he understood his task now, he would give minor alms to the children, as ordered, as they would gather up what they could for his spell. "Any seed given shall be returned in multiple if capable of sprouting, this I assure you." The fox gave his word before standing up once more... Though Scylla had a few words for the little one amongst them, what was it she was sayng...?

"-Almost young enough for a sacri- I mean-"

These words caught his ear... almost slipped out... Corrected afterwards... Yes, she seemed flighty, espeacially after the whole next show, but the pink haired girl has his full undivided attention now... a Sacri... A sacrifice... A young one being perfect... Yes, thats what he knew he heard... This one shall have to be watched, carefully, espeqcially now that she was sent off to...

Give candy to children...

...Hrmm...

Closer watch then, she should not be unsupervised, her every movement seen and thought of... Also watch her movements, if she were to draw a magical symbol of glyph to harm these people...

Espeacially children...

He would have her drawn and quartered by the power of the earth, in his lady's name.

For the Lady of the Corn loves children, and damns any who dare so much as make untoward goals towards them.

Shao turned to Rinkah with a happy smile, sharpness betrayed in his eyes as if the fox had caught prey. "Of course my dear, and I trust if theres any yrouble I can call upon you." He gave a final bow before following after Scylla, his eyes narrowed and watching the woman, but the foxy smile still not removed. Slinking his way past tent and pole, he followed, he would not lose his quarry... Unyil she proved innocent, naturally, perhaps it simply was a bad joke...? Perhaps.

But his Lady demands no less vigilance.

Astrid Thorn
Owlfolk form.jpeg
Well, Shao had essentially ignored her- which meant he wasn't worth learning more about. There would be another of his species she could learn from. She understood when she wasn't wanted, and the fox man hadn't even noticed her transformation. What that sort of insult meant not engaging with the fox creature at all.

Astrid turned her attention to the pair who looked like they lead the relief efforts, an idea coming to mind. "Oden, Rinka, I have an idea for the long-term care of the refugees. I can get food at lowered, affordable prices to the refugees. It will have imperfections in the food, but it will still be good to eat. They just do not look as nice as other foods sold at the market, but can still be used to create wonderful dishes. This can create more work for those who need help, while bringing nutritious food to those who need it. I have contacts that can drastically reduce the price of supplies needed to build more lasting shelters. If this appeals to the folk here." Astrid would ask, thinking more of what could be done, ideas spinning in her head to promote the health and living of all of the refugees, while giving them dignity.

78dbb4c5-bdde-4b0f-b1f8-f6ba5ff5d2d7.jpeg

Scylla groaned a bit as the heaviness if the pack weighed on her, "Gee.. ughm.. always doing the right thing to avoid pretty lovers." She muttered to herself before setting off to give whatever contents were in the pack.

As she left smiles in her wake, she'd begin to feel a bit nervous. Suddenly there was this unshakable feeling that she wasn't just bring too nice to people here, but also she felt like someone was watching her. The bubble gum haired witch would look over her shoulder as she gave one last gift to a child. Then tapping the boys head with her seemingly sharp nailed hands. "You be good while you can, as we get older we get increasingly more.. villainous." She giggled before dropping the pack and following the dispersing crowd which seemed to be leading towards a tree. "Hm?! Well, well, well.. what do we have here? Some sort of energetic center I do pressume." She'd say out loud to no one in particular. "Oh, if only there was someone to hold my hand and walk up to such a romantic setting. Oh the things I would tell!"

full
Location: The Republic of Kuridan, The Nara no Nox Shogunate, Yasaki Outskirts, Elder Nata's Grave
Rinka seemed a little distracted when Amice called for her attention. "Hopefully not, but no one can say for certain." She responded simply, before pausing and wondering if she had been too adult-like with the little gnome. "I mean, we'll try our best to build and find houses for the people here as soon as we can. In the meanwhile, we want to make the people here as happy and comfortable as possible. Which is why you're doing a great job helping us, and all the people here." She smiled gently, keenly aware of how Amice was trying her best to look around and find people to help even if she hadn't stepped out herself yet.

"{Even if you're unsure, I think you should still go up to them. It would be better to offer than to not. And with time, you will learn how to differentiate between them.}" Tahmuras advised slowly, poking her re-assuringly with his snout. "{But, perhaps that can be saved for the return trip.}" He mentioned idly, as the tents, crowds and noise began to thin out, gradually becoming distant and far away. Elvario Elvario

"It's a relatively ordinary tree. But, since Elder Nata asked to be buried here, the surroundings were transformed a little to accommodate." Rinka explained lightly to Squink, yawning lazily to herself whilst walking onward. "I understand that. Sometimes needing a quiet moment to yourself away from everything. Don't worry." Oden chuckled in response to the ilithid's embarrassment, staring quietly at that lonesome tree with the evening sky as backdrop. "I'm not the clearest on why we're heading this way. But I think it's to do with either the human or the shapeshifter based on what Rinka said earlier." She explained quietly, vaguely recalling the dialogue she and Valori shared not too long ago. "I'm sure we'll find out soon enough though." Femboy Femboy

Noticing Shao and Scylla, the one who had requested to visit the grave, had fallen behind, Rinka merely smiled funnily to herself before walking over and sitting herself down on a nearby rock. "Take a break, you've all worked hard." Rinka smiled lazily toward the others, leaning back with a carefree attitude even as she listened to Astrid's business idea. "Mentioning 'imperfections in food' doesn't exactly make a great sales pitch my dear." Rinka smiled vaguely with a closed eye, though she continued to listen attentively. "So basically, you want to sell food and building supplies to the Ryozo Clan in order to help with the refugee camp. That's lovely and all, but what do you, or your contacts, want in exchange? Might want to clarify that when you actually make your pitch to them." Rinka mused lazily, twirling her hair before glancing quietly towards Oden.

"I'm not a member of the Ryozo Clan yet, no need to mention or look at me." The old owl stated quietly with a shake of her head. "But yes, I agree that more detail would be needed if you want to talk to them. Where are the ingredients sourced, how are they more affordable than others, how is their edibility guaranteed, things like that. Perhaps you'd want to write out the details beforehand." She explained briefly but calmly, before nodding at the shapeshifted owlfolk with a smile. "But it is kind of you to offer, I'm sure they'll appreciate it." She spoke in finality, vaguely looking towards the pair that they were waiting for down the hill in the distance. slifer37 slifer37

Amice Bellamy
tK86AGr.jpg
Mentions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers | Squink Femboy Femboy | Astrid slifer37 slifer37 | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong Shao Orikanyo Orikanyo

Amice, upon hearing something, rushed over to Squink. It was surprising to hear that, even though Squink wasn't another Fae, she seemed to understand things well enough. She'd attempt to grab the lady's hand to give it a comforting squeeze, like how Tahmuras would gently nudge her if she was confused or feeling sad. “It's okay to have a {cheer-up} ehhh... happy-make tree! I also have one!” She stated with a smile. “It has really big leaves and it is next to a river and it has very big roots going into the river.” She explained the tree she'd liked to go to when she felt sad. “It is a really nice tree!”

Nobody explained to her what a 'sacri' was. Perhaps a type of food? She figured she'd leave it be. That said, Scylla did suddenly seem to be willing to answer questions. Although in an odd way. Was the scary lady going to answer her question if she'd hold her hand..? Amice wasn't sure why, but she didn't like that. She'd rather hold the purple lady's hand. In the end, she decided against taking up that offer. She'd rather not have any stories that she needed to hold the somewhat scary lady's hand for, even if those stories might be about her cool book...Maybe later... It was a cool book, after all...

She nodded at miss Rinka, who'd been trying to explain some things to her. “So that is why there were so many tent-houses!” She replied, putting 1 and 1 together. “Those must have been the easiest to build quickly, right?” She felt a bit proud of herself for figuring that out.

At Tahmuras' reply, she nodded. “{Okay! I'll go ask!}” She'd already been brave enough to run up to the others to ask about cat-tail-lists, so she'd surely be able to do this as well. That said, there were no more people around, so it'd have to wait. Although that did confuse Amice. “Ehm... where are we going and why are we going there?” She asked. Did she not understand some things that'd been said before? From what she gathered from the non-changing owl-lady (Oden), she wasn't the only one that was confused.

(sry for taking forever, time hard life harder)
Squink
Character Theme
Character Sheet

20230926_222425.png

Squink was a little less embarrassed to hear that Oden didn't think her thought and tangent was so silly, smiling a little although avoiding eye contact as she felt something touch and grab her hand. Looking down to meet the gaze of Amice, she was cheered up a little that the small girl was trying to comfort her when she felt awkward even if she was needed to be comforted by a child. Giggling softly as her tentacles coiled sheepishly, she gave Amice's hand a gentle yet comforting squeeze back after listening to the girl talk about her own tree.

"That's very nice, thank you. It's nice to have met you here" Squink spoke to Amice as she tried to address her attention back to the serious matters that were going on. She should probably spend her time continuing to help the people who needed it as well as making sure her friend Oden could get reunited with his relative and find a new home too if there was anything she could do to help. Unsure what they were truly going for since Scylla and Astrid felt like suspicious individuals strangely enough, and that it felt like her perception of Shao's respectability and manliness was degrading by each moment he allowed himself to indulge in such flirting especially with the presence of Amice and in a public place. She looked back to Rinka and asked a question.

"W-when we're done with wherever we're going to next or whatever needs to be done, is it okay if I continue helping with the troubled people who need it? You maybe seem like you could use the extra help... " Squink asked, since the feeling of helping the refugees wasn't all too bad and the gratitude she received was all the payment she felt was needed.

Shao
abacebeafc9de07b7476480680d39b12.jpg

"...A center...? A magical font then? I suppous checking it out would be most interesting for the magics I'll have to work..." Shao stepped forwards offering his hand to the lady as a gentleman would. Rinkah's words were true, but... he had other intents in mind rather than some simple flirting... "Come come, let us go check it out." Shao spoke softly, aiming to move along to the place she mentioned...

She was a beautiful woman to be certain... her... Words were rather cute in a way. though her earlier slip up...

It made him uncertain of every utterance.

And ready to begin his casting to do what he must to protect these people...

Sacrifice...

He shall decern her intentions...

"To think one as lovely as you would request escort, goodness. i must be one lucky fox!' his smile was contagious, and addicting in it's coyness. "But come, lets see that which you want to visit. Surely as a palce of import it's good for our first little date hmm?

RavenSong RavenSong SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

78dbb4c5-bdde-4b0f-b1f8-f6ba5ff5d2d7.jpeg

As the witch swayed back and forth, her skirt flowed at her knees gracefully. Scylla knew she was being followed, catching glimpses of Shaos foxy tails through the shadows of the fire lit tents and lanterns.

Her gaze turned to behold the attractive figure before her as he gallantly offered his hand to her. Scylla couldn't help but gasp, her eyes fluttering as surprise overwhelmed her senses. "But.. I thought you were.." she stuttered, but without another word she placed her delicate hand in his. "Does this mean we're a thing?" She asked shyly, but didn't let him respond by saying something else, changing the topic, "I mean, yes, that tree over there certainly does appear like the perfect place for you to give me a kiss doesn't it?" The witches frivolous demeanor breaking through the gloom of her coy front. However it was then the fox would take it yet a step further, "A-a.. excuse me? Did you say-" she gasped, "A date?"

"I.. I.. I'd love to but.." she glanced down the alleyway, a deep longing on her face as she struggled internally. "..how.. about.." she continued to stutter as she looked at the foxes hand wrapped about hers. Taking his hand she then placed in on her cheek and closed her eyes. "I want us to be.. like you could never imagine, my love." Giving into the very thing she was attempting to stave, she leaned close to the foxes face, placing a peck on his lips. Then without another word, slowly began to let go, vanishing slowly into the alleyway. "I hope.. to see you again. But I'm afraid I've experienced too many good things on this trip to the mortal worlds."

Scyllas posts end here! Thank you for having us! Xoxo!

Shao

What?

This... Didn't go to plan... And now she was... pushing this ahead abit too much. She... Seemed to very much wish to have something, but... Well... Seems she falls for people quickly. And... Now shes... Leaving?

What?

She just-

Kissed him and ran?

What!?

All that talk and- Wait wasn't she a danger? She spoke of... And now...

What in hell was he suppoused to do now...? he tried to see if she was a danger and now she ran off being all cryptic... The fox stood still and looked down to his hand, the sharpened nails and the faint feeling of warmth leaving his skin... Gracing her cheek for just a moment before she had gone like a theif in the night... And... He was uncertain, lightly flabberghasted and...

Genuinely annoyed.

"Hmph.. ran away because she knew she was found out no doubt." The vulpine male sighed, scratching his head. "All but an admission of prospective wrong doing.. i shall have to keep an eye out for her next he goes around. To make certain she isn't drumming up trouble... Hes not so easily swayed into illusions of romance, he shall make certain the next he meets her he shall wring the truth of her ways out.

So it shall be.

Returning to the group, Shao gave a shrug. "I had hopes to wringe signs of any ill-toward plans, but it seems she ran off." the man regarded with a dismissive thought to the ordeal. "Let us focus ahead, I have work to be done after all and my goddess loathes the lazy."

Location: The Republic of Kuridan, The Nara no Nox Shogunate, Yasaki Outskirts, Elder Nata's Grave

Seemingly spotting another owlfolk in the distance and having already helped distribute all her supplies, Astrid quietly departed to discuss and deliberate her trade offer further with the Ryozo Clan. Rinka merely nodded at her departure, letting the natural air wash over her as she continued to quietly chat with the remaining members of the group.

"Of course. You're more than welcome to stay and help. We definitely could use an extra hand or tentacle or two." Rinka teased, welcoming Squink with a bit of a playful tone. "The people you help in these dire times certainly won't forget such kindness." She hummed quietly, before turning back towards the little gnome holding the ilithid's hand. Femboy Femboy

"Exactly." Rinka smiled at Amice's successful deduction, patting her head as she gazed over the camp and towards the city. "As per Scylla's request, we're visiting Elder Nata's grave for her to convene with the dead." She explained briefly. "However, I don't think she's coming." Rinka squinted her eyes in the distance with narrowed eyes, her expression unfathomable. "Well, I guess we can just make our return trip now then-" Elvario Elvario

"Rinka~!" In the distance, a shadow was rapidly approaching, quickly revealing a speedy and familiar little mousekin that was rushing over at a supernatural speed, leaving a trailing cloud of dust in her wake. "Val?" Rinka called back speechlessly, at a loss for words.

"Hehe. You were taking a while so thought I'd come out for a breather." Valori beamed abashedly, before waving at the rest of the group. Looking around, she suddenly spotted her target, and quickly marched over to meet the approaching red kitsune.

"Priest Shao, as a show of goodwill to your goddess. I thought I'd give you these precious pumpkaboo seeds to cast your magic. They grow some funny looking pumpkin-like fruits that are much bigger than normal pumpkins. If your goddess could lend us just a bit of aid to our crops in exchange, we would be most grateful." Valori smiled, scratching her head a little shyly as she looked up at him with twinkling anticipation. Orikanyo Orikanyo

Amice Bellamy

tK86AGr.jpg
Mentions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers | Squink Femboy Femboy | Shao Orikanyo Orikanyo

“I also like having met you here, miss!” Amice replied to Squink. She wasn't sure what else to say, for now at least.

She took in Rinka's praise with a beaming smile. Even so, she was glad they didn't go to the grave. Graves were for dead people and all of them were still alive. Even the scary lady's book telling stories about dead people wasn't going to be worth visiting a place for dead people. At least not to Amice. “Oh, oh, if we're going back, I know what I need to do.” She stated with confidence.

As Tahmuras had told her, she shouldn't keep wondering who were kids and who weren't, she should just go up to them. So she did! Rushing over to the nearest non-adult looking people and offering them some candy and stuff from the sachet she'd been handed prior. “This is for you.” She'd simply state, before heading to the next person...

She'd go continue said task until she spotted a mouse rush over really quickly. Really, really quickly. That caught her interest. “Ehm, miss, how are you so fast? You seem to be even faster than Tahmuras.” She asked, after approaching Valori. She could hand out her candy so much quicker if she herself was also that quick.

As she was near, she also overheard what the woman was talking about to the tailed, shirtless man. “Pumpkaboo..?” That sounded really weird, even for the already weird 'Common' language she was doing her best to speak. The explanation didn't help much either. “What is a pump-king?” She did know what a fruit was, so apparently these were going to be edible? That sounded fun.

(---?)
Squink
Character Theme
Character Sheet

20230926_222425.png

Orikanyo Orikanyo (i will only ping ori to get back my honor, because aparently i had honor)
(nvm i pingeded the rest SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Elvario Elvario )

Squink was pleased to hear that they were willing to have the continued support, smiling and nodding appreciatively. Considering she had just shown up and not been around for long, it was surprising to see that they were so willing to want that help.
"Thank you for accepting my offer, hopefully I can do enough to help make some noticeable change for the better..." the purple cephalopod spoke as she turned her attention to Amice who was also pleased to see her. It was rather pleasing to see such a delightfully innocent person of the world, especially after what bloodshed and horrors could be seen instead. It was such significant contrast that Amice didn't have the unfortunate circumstances of the child refugees and was freely able to wander in what Squink only could guess was safe enough to do so.

"Maybe you could tell me a little bit about why you're travelling around at some time. I'm unsure if you're planning to stay here for a while but it might be of concern if you have a place to stay" Squink suggested to Amice, even though they were housing so many refugees that she might have been able to locate someplace amidst it, Squink still felt like such a compact collective of people in need might encourage trouble and dispute over certain wants that felt like it could become a dangerous environment if unsupervised. Amice clearly had two followere to help, but even she felt a little inclined to keep an eye on them to make sure they were completely okay and alright.

"I don't really know anything much about this place, s-so maybe do you know about places to stay or, food or whatnot? I suppose if I help with the refugees then the two girls might help me with that afterwards, but do you need help with your... own, thing? I don't know how hard joining a clan or finding past family in this place is" Squink asked Oden in curiosity as well as to offer help, since it also gave an excuse to spend more time with the nice avian even if the others around and doing stuff with them possibly meant she was using her time elsewhere too.

Having glanced over at Shao, it seemed like something about him was a little distracted as one of their members, the woman who he was originally being so hastily flirty with, had left to do something else nobody had any idea about. Considering their advancement was so hurried, Squink wasn't surprised at all to see it to be a quick flick of interaction before they parted. As Valori was handing the seeds to him, Squink awkwardly twirled a tentacle around her finger like one would do with hair.
"D-do you usually do that with, every girl you meet? Is that like a secret magic you do, and why you dress so.... provocative, or... like, that. I mean, I-I like the ears and you're healthy and take care of yourself but it's a little underdressed? I-I don't get your goddess, b-but is it not a bit weird to revere her so much and then... go, following around other women and treating them like you're in love at first sight?" Squink asked in confusion, since it seemed hardly the place.
"Like, y-you keep talking like you're on a stage doing a play. It's... a refugee camp, and it feels like you're exaggerating a love poem to every female you've met. Y-you weren't like this when you were begging for entry for work with the gatekeeper... " Squink continued on, since despite people kept looking at him with such adoration and swooning she had only felt like he was being a bit overly strong about it like he was trying to hide something or overcompensate.

Then again, Shao did pretty well just getting people's attention in a positive way without doing anything.
"U-uh, if I-it's not too much to ask, c-could you maybe teach me a little bit how you get people to like you so fast, o-or how you do it or something, at some time or, if you want to or whenever?... " Squink asked as she fidgeted with her hands, prodding the tips of her tentacles together like she was nervously pushing her fingertips.​

Shao

"Hmmm...?" the sudden approach peaked Shao's ears, before he turned to see Miss Valori appearing again! His mood seemed to appear greatly improved, or at least he put the mask of such upon. But the procurement of seeds were exactly what was desired, so simple and full of promise these were.. In his hands he could feel them... Pulsing with verdant life... They seeds were the bearers of the dreams of those who desire to see them sprout and grow. The children of a fruit, the honored testament to the time honored process of life.

Sprout, grow, fruit, eaten, sowed and again anon...

His mind was almost lost in the fervent love the seeds carried.

But, his squishy looking compatriot also had words.. Words he was asked long ago, before his time as a statue within the temple.

"First, my many thanks to our lady Valori, these are wonderful gifts and in kind shall good will be returned. For with kind hand shall they grow and burst with life, the bounty of my goddess shall be known soon... But first, i fear I must give answer..."

he regarded Squink with a deep bow. "My lady, I must say your question and worry is not lost to me, for it had been asked before. Long I had considered it, and so i shall give the same answer, for it remains the sole answer I find suitable.

I dress as such because my goddess favors it, and as do I. She does not desire me to be so bare chested, and oft speaks of wearing a undershirt, but I love naught more than the feeling of the wind upon me, and I work hard for this body you know...

As for my words and temperment... it is a desire to be less... Plain with my speech.

I can, for moments, be calm, civil and straight forward. Launching my words as an archer might string and arrow into a stags heart. But, with the flowers I lay at people feet, they wilt and allow the seeds of friendship have better growth for their placement! As for my.. flirtatiousness, many go their ways in lives not speaking their mind. Seeing beauty beyond compare life yourself and others here and nary say a word!

Am i simply trying to get into their pants? No, by my lady's good name I would never be so simple. my words, desire naught more than to bolster and support! Beauty should be celebrated! Within and without! Such as your lovely squishyness and cute eyes to Rinkah's luxurious tail and hair. Whats more, fastidiousness and talent should be celebrated as well, such as our lady Valori in her swift endeavors!

Call me a lecher, but I refuse to let words remain in my head, when praise should be sung alloud!" he ended his sermon with a bow.

"Now! now! To fertile soil I must go! I'm in the mood for some FINE Pumpkaboos! And we shall see these people feast joyously for days anon!"

Location: The Republic of Kuridan, The Nara no Nox Shogunate, Yasaki Outskirts, Temporary Fields
"I'm honestly just as new to Yasaki as you are. All I know is from rumours and hearsay. I used to live much farther east, towards the mountains." Oden began lightly in response to Squink's questioning, silently comparing the old sights of snowy mountains to the rolling grasslands before them.

"Yeah, I don't think Rinka or Valori would let any volunteers waste in the wind overnight. And you don't have to worry about me. My nephew will find me in due time. And... I think joining the clan won't be too difficult either. Familial relations aside, I aided Priestess Yoko from the clan in slaying a snake demon a little while ago, and she promised to put in a good word for me on her return." She smiled thinly with her eyes, looking back on that tumultuous time quite fondly. Femboy Femboy

The little ones were initially startled, but then pleasantly surprised by Amice's gifts. Those that could, thanked her with a bright smile and words of gratitude, whilst those that couldn't, had guardians thank the gnome on their behalf. Even those Amice mistook as children were grateful. In the end, one could never be too old or ungrateful for candy, and many here certainly needed a little sweetness in their lives at this moment.

Quickly turning back to face Amice as Shao spoke to Squink, Valori beamed. "Hehe, I used to be really clumsy and slow actually. But an old swordsman once passed by Natori and taught me some tricks." She explained briefly, patting the gnome on the head again out of habit. "Pumpkaboos and pumpkins are a kind of realllly big orange fruit. You might be able to try some in the future thanks to Priest Shao here." She smilingly pointed towards the red-tailed kitsune animatedly conversing with the group's purply ilithid. Elvario Elvario

"Hehe, thank you. And yes! I agree! It's hard to be as forward as yourself, but there are some that would never even know of their beauty with us saying it. When I'm feeling down or self-conscious, Rinka's really good at that actually." Valori added in on top of Shao's words, smiling towards her leopardine old friend, who stiffened and looked a bit awkward for once. "Enough, let's go." Rinka coughed as she turned around, leading them towards the temporary fields of crops behind the refugee camp.

"We have a few villagers and volunteers that can wield nature magic, or can create growth-boosting potions, and they do their work here. So occasionally the refugees can feast on something fresh, though the yield is never enough for the whole population." She explained lightly as they walked through a few tilled fields, before reaching a blank patch of earth. "Have at it, priest. This field is free, it was just harvested from." She stated with mild anticipation to see his magic in action. Orikanyo Orikanyo

Shao

"Ohohoho, it seems embaressed her." Shao was quite pleased by Miss Valori's effect of Rinkah. A supportive friend is good as gold!" He was pleased with the two, but followed when bid, he would not tary for long when work was to be done.

Coming upon the field, Shao was giving it a close look over before Rinkah even stopped speaking. From the moment he had met them, he was jovial and fluffy friend, but now, as he stood before the field, he looked deeply serious... The fluffy attentive ears were folded back and hsi eyes narrowed as he focused on the land, and, immedately sullying his pants with dirt, he knealt down at the liamy soil and began digging a finger in it, sniffing and... Did he tasted it on his nail? Ah he spat it out again.

As he... worked? His butt and tails hung in the air, displaying like a proud peacock's fan.

Skills used Agriculture E, Nature E.

"Hmm... Yes... This will work. Somebody took the time to fertilize the group, modestly, mind. This will be acceptable... I shall have to redouble the blessing so that the spoiled little sprouta will not rob it barren. Children can be oft greedy~!" The man cheerfully spoke, and he seemed to quickly start plucking holes in the ground and planting the seedings in rows, giving them more than considerate space between each Pumpkaboo... The fluffy priest seemed to doing the work in earnest, very used to such things.

"Hmm.. No... stuborn stone.." he began to dig like a dog, pulling out a good sized rock under the dirt, his tails were being flecked with dirt now, his clothes very soiled with brown patched. "Hmm... Weeds! Begone terrible things!! Get! Shoo!" A flurry of plucking and ripping plant matter, one would have to occasionally duck from the stray pebble.

"Now! It is... No! Away with you silly beetle!" He clutched a enterprising beetle in his claws and, finding nearby spider nest, placed it in the web, the executioner was ready to descend upon the gift. "Thank you my lady, may you have a lovely dinner!" He regarded the spider, but then, finally, returned to the group.

"Alrighty! Prep work done! Now, its time for the grand showing..."

His tails splayed out behind him, flicking abit of dirt off, he rose up a orb before his, it floated just at his chest.

"Tōmorokoshi no shukujo, please grant us your blessing and love, the people hunger, babes cry, and the land provides succor. At your behest may wounds mend, alms beheld and love be joined.

Granted so these seeds, a gift, to be reward in kinda. Give them you blessing..." his voice went soft, he hands out wide as magic began to coelsece... With a spin of his hands, tracig a large circle in the ait woth his orb in the middle, he grasps the gem and shouts.

"Grow!!"

Harvest Goddess's Boon, Magic D, Magic School Harvest E, Area E, Targets E, Range E, magic duration E, Bolster Strength/Vitality E, Nature E, Agriculture E. A spell specialized to increase the size and growth rate of plants, fruits grow plentiful and before the very eyes, veggies sprout and grow immense. Enhances soil as to not expend all available nutrition as well! Grade D

"GROWW!!!!"

Amice Bellamy

tK86AGr.jpg
Mentions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers | Squink Femboy Femboy | Shao Orikanyo Orikanyo

Upon Squink's question, Amice was quick to reply. Apparently 'some time' was 'right now' when it came to Amice. “We are looking for cat-tail-lists and for Asuka's family! Also Tahmuras is showing us the world!” She replied (that being catalysts and other members of Asuka's species in general). She was fairly enthusiastic about their missions, or so it sounded like. “Why are you travelling miss?” She returned the question. She did wonder at the other half of Squink's statement. “A place to stay...?” That's when she realised the whole house thing. “Oh, oh, don't worry! I don't need a house!” She replied. Between sleeping under some tree, leaning against Tahmuras with his tail as a blanket, or sleeping underneath Asuka's wings, or just in some random hole in the ground, she'd always found good enough spots and this place likely wouldn't be any different.

Considering her candy-giving quest went well enough, she had time to spare to talk to Valori. “You were thought by a sword man?” She wasn't sure if she understood well, because that sounded odd. “Does that mean you also do the...” she made some sword swinging motions. “... that?” She forgot the Common word for it.

She perked up at the explanation of pumpkins and head-patting. “Really big? As in, really, really big? Oh, I like fruits!” She added. Now she was excited. “I hope you make the biggest, bestest pump-kabooms for everyone!” She encouraged Shao, after learning what he was about to work on.

As Valori was explaining the usage of magic, Amice perked up again. “I can do a bit of magic! I just don't have a cat-tail-list! Asuka can do the... She blew air from her mouth. “magic and Tahmuras' has the hot magic!” She tried explaining Asuka's wind affinity and Tahmuras' fire magic to them.

As Shao was about to set to work, she'd approach him. “I can help!” She stated, thinking she could at least do what he did, which was play around with dirt and pull out plants.

However, at one point, she spotted him swat away a beetle that triggered her [Survival F]. “Oh, I know that one! It tastes weird!” She called out, although it was pretty nutritious. Perhaps Shao knew that as well, as he gave it to a spider instead of eating it himself.

She wasn't sure what he as doing next, but she wanted to join in. “GROOOOW!” She shouted, as he tried copying him and his weird movements.

(---?)
Squink
Character Theme
Character Sheet

20230926_222425.png

SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Orikanyo Orikanyo Elvario Elvario

Squink was glad to hear that things shouldn't prove too difficult for Oden once the bird went to do her own familial matters, smiling softly as she followed along to see what was happening with Shao's own matters they had been taken to witness. Perhaps it was just being so openly and positively flamboyant in all that he did which made people so pleasantly happy to be open and cooperative with him, even though it felt like someone with that much confidence would always seem like they had alterior motive and reasoning.
"Suppose that he's just a lot better at this 'people' thing than I am... " Squink mumbled to herself as she found herself meeting the returning question of Amice to ask about why she was travelling. Awkwardly finding herself having not much of an answer, she just fidgeted with her hands for a moment as she tried to come up with something to say.

"W-well, I don't really know, I guess I just don't really have any sort of 'home' or 'family' to actually go to anywhere so I'm kind of just, going around" Squink answered to the little girl since she wasn't sure how else to put that she was pretty much just aimlessly wandering around. During the time being, Squink was left to quietly watch Shao's little grow thing which was joined in by Amice, supposing that it seemed very understandable that his nature would spark childlike spirits that wanted to join along in the whims of his personality.

"Ehe~, grow... " Squink spoke softly to herself in delight at the sweet little instance, before realising that she had spoken out loud and covering her mouth with her tendrils, avoiding eye contact to pretend she didn't say anything or feel encouraged to join in.​

Location: The Republic of Kuridan, The Nara no Nox Shogunate, Yasaki Outskirts, Temporary Fields
"That's right. I was taught a little swordsmanship from the old man, but I was never very good at it." Valori replied back cheerfully but sheepishly towards the gnome, seeming to reminisce for a moment at the past. At Amice's later little game of affinity charades, Rinka merely chuckled. "Wind and fire magic, I see. Here's hoping we can find a small catalyst to trade you later on." Her eyes minutely narrowed with a thoughtful smile, not having forgotten their little deal as she glanced towards the wary xiānhé and vulpix. Elvario Elvario

Shao got to work quickly, much to the peculiar gazes of those around him. Tasting the dirt...? His speech was also just as strange as ever. However, watching him work, his proficiency was clear, somewhat relieving the hearts of those who feared Shao might've been a quack.

"...we may need to prepare a bathing area." Rinka chuckled mildly after some time, though she was pleased to see that Shao was not afraid to ruin his otherwise well-kept appearance. Then again, considering this place was filled with the poor and dirty, she shouldn't have expecting any less from their kind but naive group of volunteers. If briefly, her smile seemed more genuine for a moment at the sight, amusedly glancing towards those crimson tails idly waving around in the air. Orikanyo Orikanyo

---

As his magic began to be cast, the group sobered and the world quietened, if momentarily, before the chants of 'grow' by both Shao and Amice, as well as partly by Squink, began to fill the skies.

Shao's magic circle suddenly shone bright, painting a mirror of brief momentary illusions. Mirages of golden wheat fields and baskets full of bountiful crops filled the circle, an omen of the blessings to come, as a gentle autumn breeze began to waft through the area, bringing with it the earthly and enticing scent of fresh fruits and vegetables. Colourful autumn leaves, a sign of harvest approaching, fluttered down quietly from the evening clouds.

Shao's kitsune orb shimmered and shook with the colours of fall, as the earth quietly but suddenly trembled. Not a moment later, the seeds rapidly grew, from sprouting to verdant leaves, from winding vines to bright yellow flowers, and finally bright orange fruits. However, the sizes of each stage were rather... unreasonable. The initial leaves were the size of a foot, the vines curled unreasonably long like flowing hair, and the flowers bloomed to a size Amice could sleep in.

Undoubtedly, the final pumpkaboos were a sight to behold, crowding the garden patch with their humongous sizes and exquisite, healthy hues. As earlier described by Valori, they were a little 'funny-looking' compared to normal pumpkins, spawning with more malformed or squished shapes, each with little funny face-like markings carved into their thick orange skin.

As the autumn winds and magic sparkles faded, the crowded garden patch almost looked like a playground. Filled with giant fruits and flowers, with spiralling vines and leaves all over the place.

Amice Bellamy

tK86AGr.jpg

Upon hearing that Squink didn't have a home or family, Amice was confused. “Did you really not meet anyone at all thus far?” She had sort-off assumed that everyone would run into someone to call family sooner or later. Just like how she'd met Asuka and Tahmuras. She then pointed at Oden, having noticed the owl and purple lady were familiar. “Is she not family?” She asked. It felt like they should be.

It was unexpected and surprising to learn that the mouse girl was a real sword-fighter. “Do you think I could learn as well?” She asked Valori, making sword-fighting motions as she imagined fighting off bad stuff in her head.

As for Rinka reaffirming their deal, she nodded. “That would be great!” It was high on the list of things they were prioritising, even Amice knew that much.

That's then Shao's magic started doing its thing. “{Whooooaaaa! It's like the cardinals are blessing!}” She called out in Sylvan, upon seeing all the illusions, only being really aware of the Sylvan faith.

“It's soooo big!” Amice called out, running off to go look at the pump-kabooms, only to get lost among them in no-time. She couldn't even look over them. “Miss purple! Come, come look! This one has a shape that looks like your face-arms!” She called out, spotting a pump-kaboom that looked vaguely like Squink.

“Oh, oh, mister pump-kaboom grower! This one looks like you!” She called over from somewhere a bit further into the patch, spotting one with shapes that vaguely resembled Shao's tails.

“Oh, oh, this one looks like the owl lady and Asuka!” She noticed one with malformations that were vaguely resembling feathers. She couldn't find one that looked like Tahmuras, Valori or Rinka, sadly enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back