Advice/Help Would anyone like to see a Redwall RP?

I got so pumped up for this that I went and bought Redwall again. I'm gonna read it soon~

I'm so glad to hear that! This adventure is gonna be unlike any other.

Though we are still in tge brainstorming stage. Off the bat are there any areas we wont use in the series, or vice versa?

Obviously, the areas of Redwall Abbey and the fortress of Salamandaston will be used. I might like to have a bit of Brockhall as well, maybe as a base for something, seeing as it's not too far from the Abbey itself. But really, we can go wherever the wind blows us. There won't be any sea travel, though.

adrian_ adrian_ OH MY GOSH DAB

I LOVE DAB

I'M READING DOOMWYTE AND THAT'S IN THERE AND OH THE NOSTALGIA

I'm so glad to hear that! This adventure is gonna be unlike any other.

Obviously, the areas of Redwall Abbey and the fortress of Salamandaston will be used. I might like to have a bit of Brockhall as well, maybe as a base for something, seeing as it's not too far from the Abbey itself. But really, we can go wherever the wind blows us. There won't be any sea travel, though.

adrian_ adrian_ OH MY GOSH DAB

I LOVE DAB

I'M READING DOOMWYTE AND THAT'S IN THERE AND OH THE NOSTALGIA

Those two places were a given so far. I was thinking mossflower proper as a whole, Loamhedge would be doubtful to start, maybe have some things about the southern plateau, as from my understanding many of the non-seagoing vermin come from there to an extent. I was curious as to whether we would use the northern coasts from Martin the warrior or the Squirrel forest from rackety tam, or the inland island used in Marlfox as well as the other stories involving it (Can't recall the stories off the top of my head. one of them had the twin badgers). Saint ninnians would be a given as well i think.

The lack of sea travel would rule out the land of ice and snow as well as several of the noted Vermin isles and fortresses of seasons past.

Link to places. May not include them all though.

I thought of something, with Lucius there could be a snake whispering to him. Could also be responsible for convincing the fox it is evil. Such a thing has been used in the Redwall series on occassion and i think it would be a decent thing to use here.

Though this is still early on, where would the rpers start?

Last edited:
I thought of something, with Lucius there could be a snake whispering to him. Could also be responsible for convincing the fox it is evil. Such a thing has been used in the Redwall series on occassion and i think it would be a decent thing to use here.

Though this is still early on, where would the rpers start?

Interesting idea. I'll have to think about that.

I believe most RPers would be residents of Redwall, and those who are not would be coming to it or be near it. I believe we would be either begin with the badger just arriving at the Abbey, or when he has been there a day or two.

I have a plot draft here. Tell me what you think.

Lucius and his fox friend make their way to Salamandaston, where it appears a badger Lord has already taken residence. Lucius is enraged and, consumed by bloodlust, slays Major General Flinton Coltsfoot, leader of the Long Patrol. Lucius and the fox flee the mountain, chased a good distance by the hares. The badger grows in anger and wrath, and the fox begins to realize how dangerous Lucius has become. It is when the fox can almost not bear to be near the badger for fear of their life when they come across Redwall Abbey.

The residents of Redwall are excited to have a badger visit their dwelling, as it is long known that badgers are good folk. The fox is shunned(I'm thinking that The Rebellious Mouse makes him ashamed) and eventually leaves in the night. Lucius remains at the Abbey another day after his partner leaves, but begins to rile up the Abbey-dwellers, gathering all the young beasts like the Rebellious Mouse and telling them his tale of woe; only, he makes it sound as if he was cast away from Salamandaston as its rightful ruler.

These young creatures, seduced by the promise of adventure and glorious battles, pledge themselves to the badger. There then seems to be no doubt that the badger should rightfully wield the sword of Martin the Warrior, a bearer of which has not existed for many generations.

I like it, but you might want to utilize a timeskip if you hadnt planned on it. i say taht as it sounds like that it would take time for the rp'ers to decide to go with or the like, and i have seen rp's die when they just start due to one rper not participating in the thing. I am just worried about that here as there is already a small enough rper base interested in this.

I like it as well but what reason makes Lucius and the fox go to Salamandastron?

I like it as well but what reason makes Lucius and the fox go to Salamandastron?
Salamandstrom or Redwall?

they would go to salamandstrom presumably to reclaim Lucius' rightful place.

If i do join this, could my Grizzled hare encounter the Fox after they have left redwall?

Ah duh me...it was implied that he would go to his rightful place...I guess then yes I would also like a reason to why the pair go to Redwall. Thanks Mr. Gideon Mr. Gideon ~

Ah duh me...it was implied that he would go to his rightful place...I guess then yes I would also like a reason to why the pair go to Redwall. Thanks Mr. Gideon Mr. Gideon ~
probably to gather support in one sense or another, becaus they as of the beginning do not see themselves as evil from what i understand. atleast not yet, for the Fox, the change will be gradual, and i think for Lucius he is nto evil exactly just bitter and scornful, atleast in the beginning.

probably to gather support in one sense or another, becaus they as of the beginning do not see themselves as evil from what i understand. atleast not yet, for the Fox, the change will be gradual, and i think for Lucius he is nto evil exactly just bitter and scornful, atleast in the beginning.

You two have it just right.

If i do join this, could my Grizzled hare encounter the Fox after they have left redwall?
That's a great idea! It will certainly happen.

A timeskip it is, then. I had an idea that I should make a monster starter post to introduce characters, which included having Lucius and the fox(gotta think of a name!) arrive at Redwall. Is that a good idea? Or were you thinking of something else?

Possibly fox names:
Villads (Old Scandinavian name meaning: will/fight, battle)
Jokull
Tobias
Silas
Anselm
Lennox

Of course many other suggestions can be added to list but I thought I'd just throw some out there and see what sticks.

Possibly fox names:
Villads (Old Scandinavian name meaning: will/fight, battle)
Jokull
Tobias
Silas
Anselm
Lennox

Of course many other suggestions can be added to list but I thought I'd just throw some out there and see what sticks.

Villads is cool. Brian Jacques used a lot of Scandinavian words and mythology in his stories, so I think I'll go with that. I might change it to Villad, though, just to make it easier to say.

I'm currently working on a guide for Redwall accents, and Ii think I finally have a handle on molespeak. It's much harder than it looks.

You two have it just right.

That's a great idea! It will certainly happen.

A timeskip it is, then. I had an idea that I should make a monster starter post to introduce characters, which included having Lucius and the fox(gotta think of a name!) arrive at Redwall. Is that a good idea? Or were you thinking of something else?
I think it would be good to start with a feaat or the like. And during the feast lucius and the fox could arrive.

I like tobias as a name, but the fox could have a more vermin like name then to reform he chose a new less verminish one.

Also keep in mind some stoats and the like have shown swedish accents.

I think it would be good to start with a feaat or the like. And during the feast lucius and the fox could arrive.

I like tobias as a name, but the fox could have a more vermin like name then to reform he chose a new less verminish one.

Also keep in mind some stoats and the like have shown swedish accents.

Thats a good idea. Tobias is a cool name, but I wasn't sure how it would to with a vermin. But you posed the idea of having him change his name later, and I like that.

I suppose it all depends on how whoever is roleplaying him decides to do things. I don't wanna be one of those GM's who takes all the best for themselves. I would rather choose based on who can fit him best.

And thanks for the reminder. I almost forgot about that.

Though there will be no sea travel does that mean that we cant have characters from other lands, and could we have vermin characters as well?

Though there will be no sea travel does that mean that we cant have characters from other lands, and could we have vermin characters as well?

Good question. I've been thinking about it, and I think that people can only play characters from this continent we're on. Now, there isn't really a firm map out there, but I have concluded that highland hares, rabbits, and squirrels will be playable, as well as characters that have been encountered in the books before without sea travel.

I'm pretty sure I will not be allowing vermin control, with the only exception being the fox(Villad). They would be playable as NPC's, but that's about it.

In all, that leaves this:
Mice
Squirrels
Hedgehogs
Dormice
Hares
Moles
Otters
Rabbits (there is a difference, mind you)
Shrews
Voles

Badgers will not be playable, and I have been debating birds. I might allow one or two, any species.

Now, I'd just like to count the number of people still interested.
AlbaGuBrath AlbaGuBrath Life. Life. Miniapollo17 Miniapollo17 Twyllvarlais Twyllvarlais @CRiTiCAL ERR0R adrian_ adrian_ Julian Spooner Julian Spooner

Please like this comment if you are interested. If not, just ignore this. Of there are more than just a few, I'll open up an official interest check.

I say limit the bird species, as Golden eagles have been in the stories, and they are massive powerful things compared to other birds shown. Maybe limit to falcons and hawks and smaller like sparrows or the like.

I could help provide some assistance with an interest check thread boo. boo. . I'll just need a definitive plot and some outline of what you want on it.

I could help with whatever, i do want to be involved even if i dont actually participate. Though you have said vermin are a no go, mostly. Would a goodbeast being a verminish being be allowed, like with Tagg from Taggerung, for example, also are both freshwater and saltwater otters allowed, or on ly fresh due to the o sea travel thing.

Alright, just one more thing to cover before we jump into the fray:

What is the name of this roleplay?

Just something to think about.

Life. Life. I will certainly need your help in the future. I'll PM you with info once I get a chance to compile it all.

Mr. Gideon Mr. Gideon Yet another good question. Here's the deal: if every character in the roleplay was unique in the fact that they all came from elsewhere, would it really carry the Redwall vibe? I think I'm gonna say no to goodbeasts being vermin/raised by vermin, only because if that were so, it would demand the focus of the roleplay. I do, however, highly recommend unique characters, even if they have been raised in Redwall.

And sea otters- probably not, only because it's unlikely one would come near Mossflower, where this story begins, but I would love to see an otter with sea otter heritage. And like, he/she is really proud of it. That would be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back