• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy World of Gea: The Greatest Adventure [IC] [CLOSED]

"Blood magic you say..."

Dakarai gave a solid sigh as he pondered over the thought of these redcaps utilizing "blood magic". No doubt it would certainly make sense given the grizzly carnage sprawled out before them, however the Sobekan had never seen the magic in action; let alone encounter an individual of such power. It would be a dangerous gamble to hunt them down if the stories were to be believed, yet to leave the killers be is to damn the entire town to ruination. One ought to know what exactly these individuals are capable of so one could assemble a plan to eliminate them with the least visible casualities.

He kneeled down to equal his gaze upon the sheriff in curiosity. "And just what kind of spells can they cast? No doubt influence the blood of all they come across, of course, but since you seem to know much about their methods first hand, what precautions would you advise when facing them? Any tactics or weaknesses that could be exploited? The more we know about what exactly they can do, the more prepared we are and the potential of lessening potential casualties."

Last edited:
Syll kept listening to the vertically challenged scholar, who shed light into the fact that pillaging was commonplace within the redcap clans, making the murder case even rarer than before.

"This is too weird... but I think you are not dealing with actual Redcap... at least, not one that comes from a Redcap tribe."

"Hmmm...that...could make sense i think" indeed that was a possibility, and thinking further on the topic, once again Syll reminded himself how unlikely it was for a Redcap to just casually sneak into one of the most protected and patrolled cities in all of Helmos. The murderer being a local from Waterham itself made things click into place.

"I think I have an idea!" She said before patting Malthara's thigh. "My friend here is a Sorceress, she's an avid spell caster and her Álfari lineage grants her the ability to detect Magical Auras... What if you allow us to help you?"

Well, certainly it was easy to deduce the elven lady was a spellcaster, Syllannan could detect that from the very first moment he saw them, and well, the aura perception of a full elf could certainly be useful in this situation. Speaking of auras, Syll thought that it wouldn't do any harm in doing a check himself, so he closed his eyes and concentrated in that which the beings of the material plan normally can't see.

Sadly there must have been something off with his focus. Because while managing to see a pair of tiny flames, the recognizable candle lights of untouched potential, Syll could not properly grasp on Malthara's aura, unprepared he was blinded by the light. As his concentration broke and his eyes opened, his attention was steered by Cassandra's words once again.

"You want to help my town, we can help you as well, right Maly?"

"Well, you have already helped us quite a bit, but if you want to join us in the case, i'll gladly welcome both of you!"

Korzhev was staring at the little Sheriff, vaguely amused by her growimg anger, as his fellow companions were making their attempts at convincing her to let them help, pointed out the clues they've gathered far and also stated their reasons for doing so. It seemed that the sincere words of Sera, Grunde, Cécilia and Dakarai had gotten through to her when the Sheriff punched a hole through the wall in sheer frustration. Following that display, the Sheriff revealed that they were dealing with someone capable of using Blood Magic.

"Oh, that looks rather painful, madam. Would you need some help you with your little wound there?" He pointed towards her bloodied fist. "Now, about us disappointing you," for once, Korzhev's expression had morphed to something more serious, "we can give you but our word of reassurance that we shall find your Redcap, madam. But for that, you would have to tell us how exactly we might go about catching it. Any other features to look out for, besides the cap? Their usual disposition? Are they closer to a creature rather than a creature?"

He said before giving the Minotavur a hug and after that, he went on and hugged Abasi. "That was just a lot of fun!" he said with a genuine smile. "Where did you learn your skills, Abasi?" He asked while offering the half-Basteti a mug of mead.

Abasi smiled after breaking the hug and took the mug of mead , but then his ears lowered a bit and tail stopped moving from the question "Ah..that was...something i was teached...something my last..master , wanted me to learn" He said , and for the first time they saw a bit of spite on the last part "Ah sorry about that , dont pay attention to it , now i use my skills at dancing to make my way around the world , I have turned it into one of my weapons so to say" he finished the mug a bit quickly and returned to normal , so you need some practice of course, but i think you two could learn how to dance beautifully

Malthara quietly listened to the conversation, taking in the information given by the half-elf as well as Cassandra's reply. Her attention was drawn to the half-elf specifically, however, when she felt him attempting to view her magical aura. He seemed to recoil as soon as he saw her. Likely blinded by her aura. She smiled. He must not have extensive experience using such abilities, or he just wasn't prepared.

"You want to help my town, we can help you as well, right Maly?"

"Well, you have already helped us quite a bit. But if you want to join us in the case, I'll gladly welcome both of you!"

Malthara nodded gently. "Indeed. I'd be more than happy to assist." she replied, setting her cup down on its saucer. She then stood from her seat, straightening up and letting her black cloak drape down around her form.

Last edited:
Zen

"That's good to hear! Any help is welcome!" Zen nodded at Cassandra and Malthra, accepting their offer. He was still mulling about the implication of Cassandra's last answer.

"Anyway, this red cap is interesting. I have one last questions before we start hitting the field again, Ms. Cassandra. How reliant are the redcap's magic on their cap? If, say, I or Syll here got our hand on one of these red cap, would we be able to use its magic?" Earier before the investigation Zen stated that he wouldn't cross out any possibilities of the culprit wasn't a spellcaster but someone with magic item so he wanted to confirm his suspicion.

EdwardDewey98 EdwardDewey98 Roda the Red Roda the Red Infab Infab

Petro returned to his seat, thoroughly exasperated at the brief bout of dancing thrust upon him. He simply was unable to do such an activity, and was only reinforced in his belief that he would never try it again, for it was not for a minotavur to do. The entire ordeal made him tired and frustrated, and he returned to his drink, busying himself with the milk as he listened in to Abasi and Paulin talk.

Blood Magic.

Grunde was quite familiar with the practice. Having an overzealous master who's bent on learning and uncovering the secrets behind magic and its multiple branches has its advantages after all, one of them being the abundance of reading material. Though, you don't need a book nor any knowledge about blood magic to know why people are even afraid of uttering it out loud. Like necromancy, blood magic was deemed taboo by the masses and for good reason. But Grunde had always hated how easy people categorized something as 'good' or 'evil' and a part of them thought, Isn't the intention more important? Gawain immediately came up as an example, with the earlier confrontation still fresh in the slime's memory. Hell, Grunde themselves is another proof of this. With that said, the slime understood why the sheriff had such a strong reaction, as can be seen through the hole in the wall, and what's important is blood magic is what caused this mess.

"I-if it's blood magic. I am slime. I can really help!" Grunde told the sheriff before fear and uncertainty render them mute. While having a slime body devoid of blood does help, blood magic is not limited to using a victim or somebody else's blood. But nonetheless, it'll have an advantage and Grunde will take it.

"A pleasure to meet you, I thank you for the hospitality and time." the skeletal mage replied to Yeshua's introduction, giving a nod to his grandson as well. Gawain then folded his arms as he listened to the words of the old alchemist intently, hanging on to every bit of them as he tilts his head in curiosity. "My soul? Hm... Well if it does own my soul I would greatly appreciate getting it back." the wizard says flatly, not very frightened by the prospect in the least.

When it came to the gods and their roles in the universe Gawain gave yet another nod, slightly hinting at a two-pronged answer to the question. "Believe in gods? I study magic and the arcane arts - I think you would have to be a fool not to believe in ascendant beings who wield untold power as easily as breathing." Gawain states. "Do I worship gods? No, absolutely not. I have little time to pledge to a higher power, nor do I want any benefits or boons for doing so. We can coexist peacefully, I have no reason to seek them out and I would hope they have no reason to smite me or whatever drivel they use to describe the act." He gives a dismissive spread of his fingers that were previously wrapped about his bicep, slightly shrugging at the prospect.

"I had already come to terms with the fact that the creature may be some deity of some sort, otherworldly as it was. And for that reason I wish to seek it out - capture it and study it so that the world's understanding of magic could advance greatly." he explains, leaning forward slightly. "I was able to activate some ancient ruin, I theorize it to be a gateway of some kind. Yet after the encounter with the being it was rendered inert and crumbled by the sands of time. Do you know of any other ways for me to encounter it? I will be more prepared for it this time, though my first step is determining a place and time I may rediscover that marvelous anomaly."

Silenced settled in the crime scene when the Sheriff mentioned Blood Magic. An elemental power known for it's infamy across both in the elemental schools of magic and outside of it, but despite it's infamy, Cécilia did notice the confused expressions of her companions. Indeed, Blood Magic doesn't see much use in the allegedly "civilized" corners of the world due to the heavy stigma it carries, but it was used among various tribal societies and kingdoms, such as the Sotíran tribes of the Eonach Coillte. Out of everyone in the room, Dakarai showed the most curiosity over this new magic due to the fact it's never been used in the Empire of Entariush.

Dakarai said:
"And just what kind of spells can they cast? No doubt influence the blood of all they come across, of course, but since you seem to know much about their methods first hand, what precautions would you advise when facing them? Any tactics or weaknesses that could be exploited? The more we know about what exactly they can do, the more prepared we are and the potential of lessening potential casualties."

"I can answer that, my friend." said the Scholar while looking at everyone in the room. "Blood Magic is one of the many arts associated with the Elemental School of Water... such magic can be used to cleanse a persons blood of toxins, drugs or other poisons that affect the body. Some blood shamans in the Eonach Coillte use it to cauterize wounds, cut the blood flow of a damaged limb or help ease the circulation of blood." Cécilia she took a deep breath, knowing what she was about to say could scare some of the people in the room. "...but it can also be used for evil, powerful Cruomancers have been known of using blood magic to cut the blood flow to the brain. They are feared and perhaps for a good reason." The Hobs and the sheriff all seemed uneased by her words. "Fear the Cap... that's an ol' sayin' among us, they... 'em Redcaps, they are evil heathens... we will do anythin' in our powers to stop 'em!"

Korzhev said:
"We can give you but our word of reassurance that we shall find your Redcap, madam. But for that, you would have to tell us how exactly we might go about catching it. Any other features to look out for, besides the cap? Their usual disposition? Are they closer to a creature rather than a creature?"

The old Sheriff thought about it for a minute before facing the old frog. "Same height as us... but much stronger... a redcap could take many of me lads if we were to fight it and 'tis known them heathenish buggers can kill even fancy human knights." The Sheriff thinks for a moment before adding in one more detail. "...also, they are very ugly bastards." Despite the almost comedic way she said it, the Sheriff's face was as serious as it was before.

Grunde said:
"I-if it's blood magic. I am slime. I can really help!"

Grunde's attempt to offer more help did get the curious look of the sheriff, as it was rather endearing for her that this little creature that could be considered just a monster was clearly offering their best to help. "H-hmm... maybe they can, what say ye?" asked the Sheriff, looking at Cécilia who nodded. "You already helped quite a bit Grunde." She said while looking a bit concerned. "...I personally don't want you to be in harms way but..." She knew her little friend wanted to help and Grunde is an independent being, if this is what they want, then she has no right to stop them. "...Y-yes, maybe you can help us a lot more again this Redcap, your body has valuable resistances to blood magic... but we should speak of that at the tavern with everyone."

"Ya lot goin' to a tavern?!" shouted the Sheriff, thinking that they would just go to the bar and engaged in adventurous revelry like their type usually does. "I can't have investigators muckin' about drunk like me husband in the mornin'" Cécilia quickly raised both hands, giving the sheriff a smile. "Oh, don't fret madame Sheriff! We are going to gather our most sober members and launch a deeper investigation into this matter!" Almost as if wanting to gain the respect and confidence of the Sheriff, Gsera expressed her and the groups good intentions.

Sera said:
"I'll do what I can to stop it! You can count on us! I... I'm not good at fighting. But I will do my best to make sure as few people as possible get hurt."

Gsera's words actually made the Sheriff nod with a respectful look in her face. "Fine... I'll trust ya... but if ya lot betray me trust, I'll be kicking yer arses out of Waterham meself!" With that, the group looked at Cécilia as she made a little curtsy before walking out of the room. There was nothing else to say to the Sheriff and her men, it was time to gather everyone and the clues gathered. Dakarai was the last one to leave, he looked at the dead couple embracing each other one last time to fill his heart and mind with zealous determination.

Gawain's irreligion or non-theism wasn't surprising to the old alchemist. He knew that a lot of sorcerers were people of the mind, people who preferred books for their knowledge rather than valuable religious and archaic lessons. He sighed with slight disappointment but seemed unaffected by the sorcerers response. "As expected... disappointing but understandable." He said while dropping the fine grind of Blood Leaf into a slightly bigger mortar.

Gawain said:
"I was able to activate some ancient ruin, I theorize it to be a gateway of some kind. Yet after the encounter with the being it was rendered inert and crumbled by the sands of time. Do you know of any other ways for me to encounter it? I will be more prepared for it this time, though my first step is determining a place and time I may rediscover that marvelous anomaly."

Yeshua stopped working on his potion for a moment when Gawain mentioned the ruin. He gave the old skeleton a dry look before speaking again, his tone was much more serious. "I'd be better if you left the ruins of my people alone, master sorcerer. Our ancestors saw the capital our Kingdom vanish in thin air and saw the remaining great cities either swallowed by sand or looted by the Martorian Empire, the knowledge our ruins hold is sacred." He said with slight bitterness, but he knew that Gawain did not mean any harm, even if his absurd quest to capture a good would lead him nowhere. After taking a deep breath, he continued. "...but alas, I know your kind... ambitious in your pursuit of knowledge, just like my ancestors... all I ask is to respect our ruins and the knowledge within them... as for clues, I am afraid I am not able to provide any, as I do not share my ancestors fascination with the arcane."

Inside the sorcerer's mind he could hear the disappointing smacking of the non-existant lips of Edgar. Gawain was about to thank the old alchemist, but he quickly added. "...but, I know someone that must know... Zilpa bat Yagur, one of my people currently living in a small settlement in Brannoria called Wiglac's Mill. She's a great sorceress and a mistress in enchants and hexes." The old alchemist then turned around, now facing the undead sorcerer, eyes looking straight into the fleshy sockets of Gawain's skull. "But her help alone will not be enough, I might not be a sorcerer myself, but I know something that might help you... Let me ask you this, since you still have flesh and blood in you, master sorcerer... let me ask you this, do you sleep? and if so... do you Dream?"

Before she could even respond to Zen, Cassandra got off her seat and ran across the store, grabbing many things which she hastly put in a small travelling pack. Just like her friend, Malthara started to pack her stuff as well, however, unlike her friend, she was using her telekinesis. "Come come come! Out!" said Cassandra while pushing Zen and Syll, both men looking at each other confusedly as they are pushed onto the street, they were then joined by Malthara who simply smiled as Cassandra ran up and down her store like the little book gremblin she was. Once done packing useful items into her backpack, the Hob walked out of her store and closed the door shut. "Alright... so uhm..." she looked at Zen. "...w-what was the question again?"

Zen said:
How reliant are the redcap's magic on their cap? If, say, I or Syll here got our hand on one of these red cap, would we be able to use its magic?

"Oh, right... well, they are very dependent on it. I'd even say they are powerless without it! They'd become a regular... slightly less charming-looking Hob." She then tapped her ink-stained chin while thinking about the second question. "I... I wouldn't know, the hat seems to only affect Hobs but I don't think many people had experimented with it... p-perhaps for the best." Clearly unnerved by the thought of a human becoming a powerful Cruomancers, but then realized that was basically just a Vampyr. "A-Alright, enough time lost! Guide us to your meeting place, master Syll." Without any complaint, the young mage led everyone back to the tavern, where things were starting to get more cheerful.

It was clear by now that several people were drunk and having a jolly good time. The tavern owner and his wife were still bickering, but at least bickering about good things such as if they had enough food for this large amount of costumers the expedition had brought them. While Paulin had a blast dancing with Petro despite the small troubles they had, Petro was sitting on his own a bit embarrassed by that, but everyone in the tavern seemed to have enjoyed the little dance between the two. As the Minotavur continued to sulk, the young Abasi continued his conversation with Paulin.

Abasi said:
"Ah... that was... Something I was taught... something my last... master... wanted me to learn... Ah, sorry about that, don't pay attention to it, now i use my skills at dancing to make my way around the world, I have turned it into one of my weapons so to say"

It was immediately clear to Paulin that Abasi had some sort of difficulty in his past. He was about to ask about it, but decided against it considering the mood was so cheery! The young Eranoiran patted the cat mans shoulder and gave them a genuine smile. "A beautiful weapon I must say! You must teach me more later... and Petro, I won't rest easy until he dances as gracefully as you do!" The poor Minotavur could hear that, but before he was able to respond to the blond Eranoiran, he noticed more people arriving at the bar. It was Syll and Zen, alongside two women, a cute little Hob girl and a beautiful Myrkálfar lady. Paulin immediately noticed this as well and looked at these new girls with curiosity. He was not the only one.

Alberto had been mostly talking with his fellow knights and trying to jokingly tempt the young Callop to drink a bit of mead. Mostly to see the boys reaction to the honeyed drink, but when he saw Malthara and Cassandra next to Syll and Zen, he knew that the time for casual joking was over. What was strange thought was the fact that Cécilia was not with then. He left Callops side to talk to them while Ser Waylond and Pott were left along hearing Ser Justin talk about potions and their value in the battle.

"Say... I didn't expect you lads to come here this late, what happened? Where's Cécilia?" asked the old knight while approaching Zen and Syll. "and most importantly, who are these nice ladies with you?" He gives both of them a friendly smile. Cassandra was about to respond when the door to the bar opened again, this time revealing Cécilia, Grunde, Korzhev, Gsera and Dakarai.

"Ah, there you are!" exclaimed the knight with another friendly smile on his wizened face. "What's going on, where's Gawain now?" He asked while Cécilia took a look around the tavern. "He stormed off after the Sheriff kept insulting him but I am sure he'll join us soon... now, Ser Alberto could you gather everyone that's sober so we could have a bit of a talk? It's about the murders..." By now, everyone in the main team had gathered around Cécilia, including Sentry, Petro, Kastalli, Callop, Waylond, Abasi and Paulin. "Uhm... lots of new faces here..." said the scholar while giving a curious look at Malthara and Cassandra and a confused one at Abasi. "...w-who are you people?"

Cassandra was the first to speak up, giving Cécilia a little curtsy. "Bonjour mademoiselle! I recognize your accent... uhm, I'm Cassandra and I own the local bookstore in Waterham... and this is my friend Malthara, she's always traveling out there in the wilds on her own but just happened to visit me this week!" Cécilia giggled when the Hob spoke Eranoiran with such ease. "Thank you mademoiselle Cassandra... and a pleasure to meet both of you, but why are you here?" Cassandra then pulled the book on redcap history from her comically oversized backpack. "Syll and Zen here told us about your investigation... We are here to help you!" Now understanding the picture a bit better, Cécilia then turned her attention to Abasi, who was giving her a smile. "Ah... lad is among the latest batch of recruit madame. His name is Abasi... Abasi, this is Madame Cécilia Delafousse, the leader of our expedition." Dakarai raised a brow while looking at Abasi. While his clothing was closely related to the eastern kingdoms of the great desert, his amulets and various small objects had marks of Entariush. "I see... truly a pleasure to speak with you Abasi!" said the scholar genuinely before turning her attention at Waylond.

Immediately recognizing him as a knight of a Brannorian duchy. "And who do I have the honor to meet right now?" She asked with honest curiosity. While she talked with the knight, Alberto looked at the group, curious of what had happened to them. "Anyone care to inform me and those here what happened? What clues have you gathered?"

Syllannan couldn't help but feel surprised by the hob scholar as she filled her backpack with a variety of books and general items, it's not like all hobs were aggressive and condescending, but it was very rare to meet one not only friendly and cheerful, but also so eager to give a helping hand to a couple of strangers. What he also found strange was the fact she was prepairing a backpack at all, just how much preparation would she require to just help with an investigation? Nevertheless it was not time to ask such questions, as the sooner they headed to the inn, the better. And so he guided the group through the streets of Waterham.

Upon reaching the establishment, a comforting feeling hit the Hobbalfar, it was nice to be around familiar faces once again after spending a few hours in this less-than-welcoming city. The group was quickly met with Alberto, and hastily followed by Cecilia who had just arrived with the remainder of the members sans Gawain. And before he could realize, the near entirety of the head group had gathered.

Syll approached Sentry, Petro, Kastalli, Callop, and Paulin. "Hello everyone, it took a bit more than expected but we are back". As he greeted his companions, he couldn't help but notice two curious new people.

"Ah... lad is among the latest batch of recruit madame. His name is Abasi...

Well, that was not a surprise whatsoever, Cecilia and Alberto so far have taken every chance they could get to enlist more people into the company, something Syll found to be both good and slightly worrying, just how much was enough for those two?

This Abasi lad certainly stood out, his feline traits similar to that of Kastalli were noteworthy, sure, but Syll was far more surprised at his attire than anything else. He could easily imagine back at his hometown, such clothes would result in plenty of scornful looks and mothers covering their vulnerable children's sight.

Then there was this other fellow, a tall knight with a chiselled face and a dignified presence, he looked like what you would imagine when bards sang of noble heroes on grand quests. Syll imagined he was also part of the new recruits. Either way he gave them both a friendly greeting as well.

"Anyone care to inform me and those here what happened? What clues have you gathered?"

It seems like Alberto had full intention on getting straight to the point, and that was something Syll could definetly respect. But those who left to investigate have been going around the city for hours without any sort of nourishment. In simpler terms Syll was fucking starving.

"We will explain everything we know, that i can promise...but why don't we have a seat and relax for a minute? We are a bit tired from going around the city, and a supper break doesn't hurt anyone, does it?"

Last edited:
Syllannan said:
"We will explain everything we know, that i can promise...but why don't we have a seat and relax for a minute? We are a bit tired from going around the city, and a supper break doesn't hurt anyone, does it?"

Alberto agreed with young man, it had been a couple of hours and everyone was clearly tired. "Aye, I am a bit hungry as well, I'll tell the lads to clear one the regular sized tables for us."

With just a nod, Alberto gave the order to Angelica to clear one of the tables, the mercenary did so without protest from the other adventurers. As Cécilia continued to interact with the new knight, a few members of the main company sat down to talk about the issue at hand.

As Syll sat down, the owner's wife asked what he wanted in a surprisingly polite way. Alberto asked for a typical Hob dish, floured fish cooked in oil and potato chips. "Come on everyone! If you are sober I want you to sit in this table!" Shouted Alberto to gather everyone's attention.

The tavern was still lively as ever and while Kastalli mainly stood around and listened in on Sentry and Ser Waylond speak, her attention was on Paulin and Petrocoles dancing. The minotavur certainly moved awkwardly and it was quite obvious he was not used to dancing at all. Her tail swayed slightly in amusement as she watched. Experienced dancer or not, it was always fun to dance with good company and she hoped Petrocoles was at least enjoying learning something new. She recalled a faint memory of teaching her husband how to dance. While he was light on his feet thanks to his training as a ninja, his movements were always a bit rigid simply out of nervousness. Kastalli didn't mind though, she loved to dance and so long as her partner put forth their best effort, she would always have a grand time! It was why she didn't linger much on Syllannan stomping on her foot when they danced. She figured he was enjoying their dance and lost himself in the movement.

Speaking of Syllannan…
"Hello everyone, it took a bit more than expected but we are back."

It would appear most of the companions that went to aid the investigation returned to the tavern. Kastalli looked around at those who gathered, noticing a couple faces she didn't recognize. Two females, a Hob and a Myrkálfar. Recruits? They were speaking to Cécilia so it was more than likely. Well, the more the merrier! She turned her attention back to Syllannan and offered him a warm smile. "Welcome back, Syllannan! I hope the investigation went well." While Kastalli didn't want to partake in the initial investigation, she was admittedly curious about what they learned. Her gaze shifted between Alberto and Syllannan, obviously having the same desire to be filled in on what they found. To her mild disappointment, her friend suggested relaxing first before diving into any details. Well, she could understand that. Her run in with Captain Jager certainly drained the energy out of her. Tolerating the typical Skæglin men was no easy feat after all!

"Yes, of course! It has been quite a long day for all of us, has it not?" Her arm hooked around Syllannan's as she guided him in the direction of the table that had been cleared for them. She released her grasp once they were seated, looking at Alberto as he ordered his own food. Fish did sound good right about now...so, she ordered the same dish, offering the owner's wife a slight bow in gratitude. "You missed Sentry's wonderful speech earlier," she turned her attention back to her friend. "Devereaux and I played our instruments while Abasi performed quite the exotic dance. Both the speech and performance was something to behold!" Kastalli looked around for a moment, waiting for the rest of the group to join them at the table. Or, the sober ones at least, according to Alberto's wishes. "Abasi also taught Petrocoles a few dance movements and I must say, he might be better than you," she chuckled lightly, resting her hand on Syllannan's arm as an indication that she was merely teasing.

Fortunately his words convinced Alberto and a table was prepared, he was a bit startled by Kastalli's sudden gesture, but it was short lived as he was getting used to her friendly mannerisms. Upon sitting a hob lady from the inn, probably one of the owners, asked him what to eat. Syll felt that a fruitful day deserved a good meal, so he asked for mutton chops and a baked potato with porkbelly and cheese, possibly his two favorite dishes.

"Devereaux and I played our instruments while Abasi performed quite the exotic dance. Both the speech and performance was something to behold!... Abasi also taught Petrocoles a few dance movements and I must say, he might be better than you,"

"I wish i could have been there to see that, and Abasi sounds like quite the talented dancer" Syll served himself some water and had a quick sip.

"Oh and i can believe you on that, being a better dancer than me is not a great feat" said Syll in a playful tone.

Korzhev chuckled at the Sheriff’s explanation. “Ugly, you say? Well, does the inside not show through one’s looks? If their soul had been corrupted, who’s to say their faces have been as well?” after spending a few more moments pondering his own words, he suddenly told the little Sheriff, in a tone similar to what she’d used earlier, “ Your insight is much appreciated, madam. Thank you.” Once their conversation had finally come to an end, he waved the Hobs goodbye and followed Cécilia out.

Once they reached the tavern, they found their other company members enjoying a well-deserved meal and a few drinks. The cheery mood felt rather overwhelming due to how sudden it was. The other adventurers were in fact partying without a worry about things such as Redcaps, or Blood Magic. He also disliked how they would soon have to ruin the mood.

The frog man also noticed that in their absence, the company has gained some new members. Namely, a man with catlike features not unlike Kastalli’s, who was introduced as Abasi. Looking at his attire, if he could even call it that, given how scarce it was, left him wondering about how effective he was at turning heads his way. Maybe he was underestimating the poor man. Or maybe he was underestimating the poor tastes of humans and Alfari. What was so appealing about a person being poorly prepared for unexpected weather?

Korzhev eventually decided that he’s dwelt on the subject enough. He just hoped the fellow fought better than he dressed. There was also the new knight, who made him think back to the little Sheriff’s words. He was indeed a fancy knight. On the tougher side, he better!, and not prone to death by Redcaps. There were also Cassandra, the hob librarian and Malthara to take note of. They made a rather amusing duo, largely due to the differences in their height.

He saw Alberto motioning for them to take a seat at the table. He did, his thoughts finally returning to the original subject, the investigation! The clues and how perhaps they should hurry it up with their dining. Once seated, he had half a mind to quickly run the old knight through the whole ordeal, but he settled on to saying something much shorter in length,

“Ah, I don’t believe this is the best time for dining, sir- our criminal is not a threat to be sneezed at, he’s a corrupted one, that one!- the little Sherriff told us he looks kind of like a Hob also, he can blend in- sir Alberto, we must catch them right away!”

Sentry left Waylond and his squire to speak with the other knights about...whatever it is that knights talk about. She continued to drink more of her ale and kept an eye on the boy. She noticed Alberto trying the same trick with the drinks again and was quick to switch it out while his back was turned. She shook her head at the 'young' man's behavior, but didn't raise a fuss over it. Not now. She did turn her attention when the rest of the part came back to the tavern with news of what they found. Or that was the plan before Alberto ordered the tables set for food. She shrugged at this turn of events before turning to the two new members of the party.

"Greetings comrades and welcome to the expedition. Hope you're made to feel welcome among us. Call me Sentry."

Waylond on the other hand was busy debating the merits of potions vs pure ability on the battlefield with his fellow knight when he was drawn to meet the rest of the expedition. The duo made themselves presentable shorty. They were rather taken aback at just how diverse the expedition was in its members and apparently one or two were still missing. The knight was about to introduce himself when he was beaten to it by Cécilia.
And who do I have the honor to meet right now?
"I am ser Waylond the Swift my lady." The knight said as he bowed his head "And this is my squire, Pottrey." The bow bowed his own head as he was introduced "I'm a traveling knight and lady Sentry made a very generous offer to join your expedition. I simply couldn't refuse the prospect of traveling with Ser Alberto, helping train a young hopeful man into a future traveler of the Path and to see the world in the ways you intent. I would have been mad to refuse."

"It'd be better if you left the ruins of my people alone, master sorcerer.

"Yes, well. In my defense the ruin rendered itself into uselessness. I initially came to it as a humble researcher, the god rearing its ugly head and killing me with my own senses has lead it to being a job half-finished." Gawain explained with a nod of his skull. "It is important to preserve history, especially when it comes to the remnants of a people so pivotal to the arcane arts as the Magi." He had no doubts that the old alchemist thought him insane for pursuing an entity that killed him so easily, but the wizard felt that he had been given the tools he needed to capture the eldritch being. Still, he was very grateful that Yeshua had decided to offer his insight on the situation.

However, it would appear that he had nothing for him which would prove to be disappointing yet understandable. Gawain clasped his hands together and was about to offer a respectful bow in thanks yet was stopped by the alchemist dropping him a lead. "Zilpa bat Yalgur of Wiglac's Mill... I shall commit it to memory, thank you. I trust that the expedition I am currently on will stop in that region or be in its vicinity soon." he commented, though he tilted his head when Yeshua asked him:

"let me ask you this, do you sleep? and if so... do you Dream?"

"Ah. I have lost the ability to sleep, though I am able to enter a meditative state which can be considered a form of rest. Often such a process is empty and uneventful to allow my racing mind a few moments of respite - but slightly opening up my thoughts could very well allow me to dream." Gawain explains, pondering the idea himself. "Why do you ask? Is dreaming the key to locating this being? It would make sense... dreams perhaps possessing a thinner threshold between its realm and ours."

Last edited:
Zen

Zen took a seat on the cornerest of the provided dining table and ordered a menu called onion steak, it sounds weird but he felts like trying something new. He gave all the new addition to their expedition a brief glance before his mind coming back to the thought about their current case.

"The culprit is a redcap." Zen continued to disclose the information he and Syll had gathered while waiting for his meal to come, occasionally asking for verification at Cassandra to make sure he didn't misunderstand anything. As much as Zen regret to admit, the information they've gathered was far from sufficient to narrow down the suspect. It was mostly the history of redcap. It's good to prepare themself if they happen to encounter the culprit though, preparation is half the battle they say!

"However, our friend Malthara here said she can detect magical aura, and maybe some of us can do that too." Zen glanced at Syll when he said this. "The sheriff said they're currently lacking any spellcaster, right? Which mean anyone in Waterham who have strong magical aura would likely be our suspect. Sir Alberto, I propose forming multiple reckon teams to sweep the city. Each has at least one person who can detect magical aura."

EdwardDewey98 EdwardDewey98

Before the rest of the party rejoined the group, Callop was still sitting beside Alberto, who was offering him another peculiar drink. At first, he was hesitant as he remembers what happened at the last establishment they went in. When his curiosity got bigger, he then reached out to hold the glass until Alberto took it back and the other members entered the bar.

When alberto stood and left his position, Callop checked in on Fauxs who was oddly awake and staring at the members who just entered. Upon closer inspection, Fauxs' gaze felt heavy, "Whats wrong, friend? is something bothering you?" Callop said quietly. The boy then stood up and followed Alberto, listening to him converse with the other members about a "suspect being a spellcaster" which was stated by Zen. Callop then stayed and stood there in order for him to keep listening to their conversation.

While the owners of the Sleeping Donkey began to take the orders of those sitting by the big table, Korzhev approached Alberto with the intention of expressing his sense of haste since this Redcap was a tremendous threat to all of Waterham. As the Vodyanov had this serious conversation with the older knight, Cécilia listened to Ser Waylond attentively. She seemed a bit charmed by the knight's mannerisms and overall appearance, something that some might consider out-of-character, even she was surprised by it. "The Swift? I'll have to ask you about your nickname later then, ser knight!" She claimed with a pleasant smile on her face. "Truly a pleasure to speak with you by the way... and you too, ser Pottery!" She gave both men a curtsy before turning her attention to Korzhev, who was still speaking with Ser Alberto.

Korzhev said:
“Ah, I don’t believe this is the best time for dining, sir- our criminal is not a threat to be sneezed at, he’s a corrupted one, that one!- the little Sherriff told us he looks kind of like a Hob also, he can blend in- sir Alberto, we must catch them right away!”

Excusing herself, Cécilia approached both elderly members and once close to them, she rested left hand on Korzhev's head. Mostly because she couldn't reach his shoulders without kneeling down a bit. "Master Korzhev... I share your sense of urgency, I truly do because I understand the threat at hand but we spent several hours moving across the city and studying the crime scene." She then pointed at both Syll and Zen with her eyes. "They went on their own to gather more clues as well and I would like to listen to them... I think we all need to sit down to collect our thoughts and rest for a bit, but rest assured that our company will get out there again before the day ends and hunt down this Redcap." In a way to reassure him, Cécilia squeezed the old frogs head, which was mostly strange rather than reassuring for the Vodyanov shaman. "I promise you we will be doing everything in our power to solve this case." Any doubts the shaman might have had to be put aside for now. Both Cécilia and Korzhev then sat down by the table and so did every other member of the company.

Alberto sat down by one of the ends of the table while Sentry sat on the opposite end. Sitting on the left side of the old knight was Zen, who was explaining a few things to him about what they knew about the murderer. Next to Zen were both Malthara and Cassandra, due to the lack of chairs and the fact they were sitting by a "human table" Cassandra had to sit on her friends lap, neither of them minded. Sitting by their side was Syll, who was clearly thirsting for some good food and drink. Next to his side was Kastalli, who started to talk with her Hobálfar friend in a rather teasing manner. To the cat woman's left sat Gsera and next to the Ddraig disguised as a Tuatha was Dakarai, who was still thinking on what had happened in the crime scene and the spirits of the victims. In the last chair of the left row, next to Dakarai, was Abasi, who was a bit surprised he was allowed to sit down in the same table with the leaders of the company this early.

On Sentry's right side was Paulin, who was sitting comfortably next to Petrocles, giving the Minotavur a friendly smile. Next to them was Korzhev who was looking around the tavern with Cécilia at his side and Grunde resting in the jar on top of the scholar's legs. Next to Cécilia and on Alberto's right side was Callop, who listened carefully to the grown ups conversations, awaiting to learn more about the strange stuff happening in Waterham. As usual, his trusty mythical hound rested near the child's chair, there was one empty chair left but it was saved for Gawain. On the table right next to the group were the other prominent members of the company, such as Ser Weylond, his squire Pottery, Ser Justin still rambling about potions, Angelica who was drinking a huge mug of beer as if it was water and Deveraux, who was still playing his music to sooth the vibes of the tavern further.

With the party now settled and most of their orders taken, the owners went back to their kitchen, arguing on the way there like before. The tavern's kitchen was rather tight, not because the room was small in fact it was the largest room in the whole inn! But it was full with various kitchen cutlery and over-sized pots, kettles and pans which were far bigger than both Hobs and regular humans. So big in fact, that there were several stools, small ladders and stairs to allow the Hobs get to these large pots and pans. But one couldn't mistake the amount of clutter for lack organization. Far from it, all the dishes were properly cleaned and maintained as best as they could be. There were enormous racks of spices which were neatly categorized, with the most expensive and foreign being at the top of the shelves. Large, human-sized barrels rest one of the corners filled to the brim with freshly harvested produce, next to these large barrels was a door leading to a sizable storage room with various types of meats hanging from hooks and fresh game resting on top of tables waiting to be butchered and prepared. This kitchen was a testament of the dedication of Hob cuisine, as food is important to Hob culture.

For a human, it would be incredibly complicated to walk through the little spaces of the kitchen but the Hobs could simply walk by unaffected by all the clutter around them. Scattered around the kitchen were at least twelve other Hobs, youthful in appearance -- they were the children of the Bottomshire's -- but they appeared to be tired from all the orders they had to prepare so far. "Alright wee ones! We got one o' 'em big orders again!" shouted the Ms. Bottomshire causing the various sons and daughters to sigh in frustration, but quickly got back to work, ready to cook copious amounts of food for the party. "Come on kids, we finish today's order and I promise ye can take the day next Dominus!" said Mr. Bottomshire trying to cheer up his children, which it actually did as they started to prepare the various ingredients with hopeful smiles on their faces.

In amazing unison, the Hob family started to work their art. Mr. Bottomshire carried an entire freshly skinned lamb, placing it on top of a table and started to sharpen his aged steel knives before making several fine cuts of mean. According to some, he might not be the greatest chef in Waterham anymore, but he sure knows hot to prepare meat! Next to him were his children that were cutting enormous potatoes and onions in perfect harmony. Once done cutting the meat, Mr. Bottomshire sent it to his wife, who started to cover the various slices with various spices and other condiments, insulting her husband while doing so. On another side of the kitchen, the oldest sister throws several chunks of slices of onion into a giant pot of delicious stew, two of her youngest sibling were standing on a board on top of the giant pot, stirring its contents with comically large ladles. The strong smell of alcohol and revelry in the tavern was replaced with the pleasant smell of homely food, but the Hobs were not done with all orders just yet!

Gawain said:
"...Why do you ask? Is dreaming the key to locating this being? It would make sense... dreams perhaps possessing a thinner threshold between its realm and ours."

The old alchemist nodded sagely at Gawain's response. "Dreams are far more powerful than people believes, the old stories of my people speak of greater communion with the divine through dreams. A notion many modern scholars might find senseless... but I suggest you to meditate more, master Gawain." Yeshua then turns his attention back to his craft, grinding small blood leaves with his mortar and pestle. "I wish I was able to tell you more, master Gawain, but I am not a scholar or a sorcerer, I took a different path and decided to heal the ailments of my people through concoctions. Still, I have hope that Zilpa bat Yalgur will be of more help." Gawain thanked the alchemist for the information he was given and turned around, ready to depart the store, then Yeshua spoke to him again. "...might all the gods, even the one you are trying to find, bless your path, Master Gawain." The Alchemist didn't turn to look at the sorcerer as he left the building, he simply got back to his work, hoping the best for the undead Brannorian.

Once outside the store, the familiar cackling of Edgar Vatrine echoed in the mind of Gawain. "Hehe... dreams are indeed important, I suggest you to speak with Cécilia about them." The Sorcerer wondered why he should bring his findings with the scholar, but Edgar was quick to answer those inquisitive thoughts. "Remember back in Eran when I mentioned Mademoiselle Delafousse's amulet? If you do... I suggest you to talk about it with her." That was certainly intriguing. "Looks like you have another adventure at your hands, hm?" He asked in a rather teasing manner. "I was going to ask for how long will you keep this chase of yours, but such question is rather pointless, is it not?" Indeed, being undead meant that he could persue this mythical being for as long as he wanted to.

• An hour later... •

As the undead sorcerer continued to walk through Waterham, he noticed that the sun was already setting. It was time to head back to the group. But then the voice of Edgar echoed in head head once more, with a much more tenebrous tone. "By the way... Gawain... You are being watched." (1d10 = 10 | CRITICAL SUCCESS!) And Gawain knew, he could feel a powerful magical aura close to him. He turned his head around, with an audible CRACK, he turned his head to look in the direction of those stalking him. Their aura was coming from a dark alley between two residences, without any doubts, the undead sorcerer walked there ready to find out who was stalking him. When he heard the sound of footsteps running away from him, Gawain gave chase as best as his body allowed him to. But nothing would prepare him for what he was about to see.

At the end of the alley were several men and women used ragged robes and hoods that covered their faces, their bloodshot eyes met with Gawains as some kneeled down to open a hatch that served as access to the underground aqueducts of Waterham. But behind these ragged cultists was being that emanated a strong magical aura. A Chort. It's red eyes locked with Gawain's hollow eye sockets, and despite the fact that the sorcerer was not the type to be intimidated, looking into the eyes of a Demon was still incredibly uncomfortable for the sorcerer. (Dæmonic) "̸T̵h̸e̵ ̸M̶a̷r̴k̸e̷d̶ ̷O̵n̸e̶.̴.̵.̷ ̷o̷f̵ ̶c̴o̶u̴r̵s̴e̸ ̵h̵e̶ ̴w̷o̶u̶l̶d̴ ̵b̶e̷ ̶t̴h̴e̴ ̴o̸n̸e̴ ̵t̸o̷ ̸f̶i̴n̸d̴ ̴u̵s̶ ̵f̴i̸r̶s̷t̴.̶"̷ said the demon in a language that mentally harmed Gawain. Everything about this being was strange, the way it smiled at Gawain was incredibly uncanny and hard to understand, his voice was both smooth and rough at the same time, as if several beings were using the Chort to speak. How such creature exist? and how could a big that emanated so much power be considered the grunts of the Dæmonic army? "K̷i̶l̵l̷ ̵h̷i̸m̴,̴ ̶f̶o̵r̶ ̵t̸h̴e̴ ̵D̴d̶r̵a̸i̵g̷ ̶a̸n̶d̶ ̸t̵h̶e̵ ̴R̵u̴n̶e̶s̴e̸e̷k̶e̸r̴ ̵a̶r̶e̶ ̵m̶o̶r̵e̵ ̷v̴a̴l̵u̵a̶b̴l̷e̴.̷" Said the demon as it jumped down into the hole. One of the cultists offered herself to be the one that will end you. "I'll put you down, marked one... and your soul shall become one with the God you witnessed!" said the cultist as she pulled a wickedly sharp dagger from her belt.

• Duel: Gawain VS Cultist Acolyte •
Gawain: Heads • Cultist: Tails
Cultist.png

But Gawain was not going to be killed by this disgusting miscreant. The sorcerer readied one of his spells and was ready to fire upon the cultist. (Tails) But as he was ready to fire his thunder bolts at her, the cultist acolyte got close enough to stab Gawain right in the stomach. (Tails) With unsurprising coldness, the cultist continued stabbing the sorcerer's gut until her wicked blade was coated with his black blood. The damage was severe and Gawain stumbled backwards in pain. That wasn't a normal dagger, whatever evil enchantment it has was seriously injuring him. (Heads) Gathering his strength and power, the sorcerer shot a bolt of electricity which struck the cultist on her chest. While injured, the zealous demon worshiper charged at Gawain again, (Heads) but the sorcerer fired another bolt of electricity right on her left leg. (Tails) Now on her knees, the cultist gave Gawain a hateful glare before roaring in a demonic way, lunging forward and stabbing the sorcerer right above his heart, a lot of his dark blood oozed out of the grievous wound. (Heads) Weakened but not dead yet, the sorcerer used his powers to summon a powerful arc of electricity which he used to push the woman away with tremendous magical force, but despite such powerful attack, the cultist was still trying to get back up to stab him. (Heads) Tired of this, the sorcerer strengthen the power of his electricity arc to the point the woman was screaming in pain, smoking coming out of the holes of her shoddy robes.

Gawain eventually stopped casting his powerful spell as he didn't want to kill this woman yet. Her friends managed to escaped while she was stabbing him repeatedly, and they were clearly following him. He walked over to the twitching body of the still breathing cultist, Gawain noticed the Cultists dagger and picked it up, giving it a good look. It was a strange blade made with a material he didn't identify yet, but it emanated a powerful aura, someone more knowledgable in enchantments might be able to tell about this daggers properties. Like Sentry. After putting the dagger on his pouch, he looked at the cultist. He could hear the voice of Edgar once more echoing in his head. "Gawain... her robes, she's a cultist of Nyarlaexedum... the most wicked deity to have ever existed in this realm. Whatever you are dealing with right now... it involves them as well."

• Gawain obtained Nyarlaexedum's Claw! •
Bloodblade.jpg

An hour had passed back in the tavern and the party anxiously awaited for their food and for any sign of Gawain, of course. Some were starting to get a bit anxious, but eventually, a large entourage of Hobs emerged from the kitchens carrying several plates of food above their heads. The whole tavern cheered as the started to serve everyone's food. "By Gaia, it looks amazing!" exclaimed Cécilia while eyeing the various pewter plates being served on the table. Long and carefullt prepared Waterham Sausages accompanied with copious portions of Mashed Potatoes, covered in delicious lamb sauce and fine spices. There was a large plate with several cuts of cooked Liver and massive bits of the famous Hob onions. Pots full of stew and other savory meals, such as Brannorian Devilled Kidneys, were a common sight, but the most common meal was the traditional Waterhamerite meal known as Fish and Chips. It was a simple meal made of cooked fish covered in either flour or grinded bits of bread accompanied with large potato slices boiled in oil. It was both savory and filling.

"Por el amor de Gaia... this smells fantastic!" said Alberto while looking at Mr. Bottomshire. "...a-and tastes so good!" claimed Cécilia while taking a bite out a Waterham sausage. "Aye, me old missus makes the best bloody sosig in all Waterham!" he said while proudly grabbing his wife, for the first time Ms. Bottomshire actually seems to affectionately hug her husband. "Enjoy yer meal luvs!" she said as the Hob couple walked away.

As everyone in the table starts to fill their plate with food. Cécilia takes a deep breath, before speaking to everyone. "I do not mean to break the good mood of everyone here, considering the lavish feast in front of us! But we still have a job to do... for those that don't know." She said while glancing over at Abasi. "There's a serial killed in the city, and the Sheriff has authorized us to help her, if we do we will rewarded with free access to the whole city, which will allow me to do my job which is to record the history of the city... In the crime scene we found a lot of evidence... Grunde discovered that the attacked used a Trinket of some sorts. Gsera discovered that the attacker had used magic to alter the vines outside the victim's house to open a window leading to their bedroom. Dakarai managed to see the spirits of the departed and get an important bit of information, the victims said the attacked had a Red Cap... and at last, Zen discovered that no money was taken from the victims... this coupled with the fact that all victims are interracial couples that consist of Humans and Hobs leads us to believe these crimes have a much sinister motive."

Abasi looked around a bit confused, apparently they were now helping the locals? This is not how he expected his day to go. "Now, I believe that Zen and Syllhannan posses new information?" Syll lifts his gaze to look at Cécilia as he was currently cutting a piece of Mutton with a side dish of Stuffed Potatoes with ham, cheese and a few veggies. "Oh, finish your meal if you want Syll... I think Zen mentioned that mademoiselle Malthara will be able to help us detecting auras... which is an incredibly useful skill." Cécilia looked at Malthara and gave her a genuinely friendly smile. "Now... I want to hear what everyone seems to think so far, everyone is able to give suggestions and ideas on the nature of this murderer and how we can stop him."

The skeletal mage was sure to thank Yeshua for the kind words, direction, and hospitality before he left - the aged alchemist had now been written in as the most pleasant person to talk to in this town in the annals of Gawain's mind. Though he had little time to ponder on pleasantries when both Yeshua and Edgar were providing him with yet more directions of his own. "Hm, I will be sure to ask her as well as meditate on this." he replied, silently acknowledging the lich's pointless question as he strode back onto the streets.

Time passed, and he was actually issued a warning from Edgar that got him to twist his head around before his body even had time to follow suit. Not taking kindly to being followed, he rushed behind his stalkers only to come face to face with a demonic being. While he could not grimace, his body language cringed at the sound and sight of the Chort, though his demeanor was the typical mix of unafraid, excitable curiosity that he always had.

(Dæmonic) "̸T̵h̸e̵ ̸M̶a̷r̴k̸e̷d̶ ̷O̵n̸e̶.̴.̵.̷ ̷o̷f̵ ̶c̴o̶u̴r̵s̴e̸ ̵h̵e̶ ̴w̷o̶u̶l̶d̴ ̵b̶e̷ ̶t̴h̴e̴ ̴o̸n̸e̴ ̵t̸o̷ ̸f̶i̴n̸d̴ ̴u̵s̶ ̵f̴i̸r̶s̷t̴.̶"̷ ... "K̷i̶l̵l̷ ̵h̷i̸m̴,̴ ̶f̶o̵r̶ ̵t̸h̴e̴ ̵D̴d̶r̵a̸i̵g̷ ̶a̸n̶d̶ ̸t̵h̶e̵ ̴R̵u̴n̶e̶s̴e̸e̷k̶e̸r̴ ̵a̶r̶e̶ ̵m̶o̶r̵e̵ ̷v̴a̴l̵u̵a̶b̴l̷e̴.̷"

"Nnch... I resent that statement, I'll have you know." he replied, hoping to bide time with some witty retorts as his mind raced. "I am plenty valuable. At the very least, I value me." Runeseeker... he remembers Sentry introducing herself as such or perhaps with a similar title. Mention of a Ddraig threw him for a loop, however. Was there one nearby? Gawain did not have long before a cultist volunteered to dispatch him, earning an empty chuckle from the undead wizard.

"Oh, so you know of my condition? Care to stop this farce and allow me to ask a few questions?" Ignored, the cultist began to charge at him with a wicked blade. "... You're out of your depth." Gawain suddenly said with a more serious tone, spreading his stance as he made an effort to cast electricity at his assailant. A bit too slow, he found himself stabbed in the stomach - however it was not like the attack with the bandits: this one actually hurt. "D'Aaaggh!!" the mage screamed, shoving the cultist off of him with a shout.

With that the fight was on, Gawain started to wield his magic more seriously and calculated. Though he was trying to make sure that the cultist survived the battle, and thus he was sloppier in some areas where he could have afforded to dodge more. It was true that his un-life was being threatened here, but he simply had to get the information he needed from this cult member; especially if they were following the company. If he was deemed unimportant and was meant to be killed here, does that mean a fate worse than death is in store for Sentry and this mystery Ddraig?

By the skin of his bared teeth, Gawain had managed to end the battle, wearily trotting to the woman as his robes gaped with sickly black blood oozing from his wounds. He still possessed the strength to do what he needed to, crouching down as he took up the dagger and examined it before putting it away. A weapon that had the potential to kill him was very interesting to the skeletal mage, and would require further study.

With little delay he quickly wrapped the cultist's hands behind her back, his palms soon glowing a bright blue as frigid air builds around them. In a flash solid ice wraps around her wrists and hands, freezing them in place as he forcefully pushes her against the alley wall.

"Gawain... her robes, she's a cultist of Nyarlaexedum... the most wicked deity to have ever existed in this realm. Whatever you are dealing with right now... it involves them as well."

"Then I suppose it would be in her best interests to tell me everything she knows." Gawain said with a slight amount of additional distortion to his voice, clearly still in pain yet gradually healing. "Why have you come here - and what are your twisted compatriots looking to do with one of the members of my company?" the undead mage asked coldly, a familiar purple and black miasma of necrotic energies creeping up his arm and collecting as a wisp-like aura on his hand. He visibly plays with it in front of her. "I tend not to use this magic on the living, and because of that I've little experience on what it might do. Answer my questions, or be my next test subject. Either way I walk out of this alleyway having learned something new..."

Gawain said:
"Why have you come here - and what are your twisted compatriots looking to do with one of the members of my company? I tend not to use this magic on the living, and because of that I've little experience on what it might do. Answer my questions, or be my next test subject. Either way I walk out of this alleyway having learned something new..."

The cultist lifted her head to face Gawain, his cold tone and voice did little to intimidate her. "H...he...hehe... y-you think your... m-magic can scare m-me?" she muttered as her bloodshot eyes locked with Gawain's empty eye sockets. "My King, savior and father will keep me safe after my inconsequential flesh is turn asunder by your cursed knowledge." If he had eyes, Gawain would roll them at the cultists fanatical ramblings. "My soul belongs to Nyarlaexedum, his princes and vassals... I'll b-be reborn in a perfect form, devoid of humanly flaws... h-heh... heheh... you will die eventually, and your soul... will be c-consumed by the Watcher... but perhaps you'll live long enough to witness as we tear the souls of the Runeseeker and the Ddraig right in front of your c-cursed flesh." Watcher? Was she talking about the being Gawain had witnessed? How would she know of that? While thinking what to do with her, Gawain heard Edgar's voice once more. "I suggest you to just end this vermin... spare us from listening her heretical drivel."

Finally everyone sat down on the table, Cassandra having to sit on Malthara's lap due to the lack of available chairs, which made Syll giggle slightly as he waited for the food to be ready. It was certainly a tough time to endure, as the entire room was filled with the enchanting aromas coming from the kitchen, his nose detected a wide variety of ingredients and spices that were pretty staple in Brannorian cuisine. It was hard to judge the owners for the time it was taking though. Back at his home, the Applewatch Inn, most nights would be not much unlike this one. Having to manage the constant demands of the customers and making sure to deliver each meal correctly was far from an easy task. Syll even remembered when a drunk customer was furious because he was served the wrong flavor of mead, and the Hobbalfar had no choice but to throw the rude man out of the stablishment.

But at last the moment arrived, dozens of large dishes kept coming out of the kitchen into the tables, and most importantly Syllannan's meal was served. A large array of chops layed on the platter, which to his surprise were generously bathed in some heavily-spiced sauce, not exactly the way he normally has them, but a proper gourmand should never shy away from new interpretations of a meal. He carved into one of them with his knife, it's interior having lovely shade of pink, and took a generous bite. Well well, isn't that a pleasant flavor! the mutton had it's iconic strong flavor Syllannan could never had enough of, and the sauce had a nice savory but also slightly sweet taste, and it even was somewhat spicy. He then took a bite of one of the stuffed potatoes... and well, it is a stuffed potato with cheese and ham, how could it possibly not be delightful!?.

As he enjoyed his meal a bit too much, Syll noticed Cecilia refer to him when it came to more information, as she had briefly explained what was gathered in the crime scene. Syll cleaned his mouth with a napkin, it was only proper to give his part on the matter.

"Well, Miss Cassandra here was kind enough to tell us as much as she could on the topic, and showed us some of the history of the Redcaps and their true nature, and apparently my former conception of them was quite off the mark. Redcaps are in fact the result of an old clan of Hobs who gained their powers from a god known as the Harvester, their cap is technically a magic trinket and the source of their power, so that would explain how they managed to control the vines, yet i can't help to feel something is off..."

Syll looked at one of the windows in the Inn, gazing at the vastness of the city.

"This is Waterham we are talking about, not only is this one of the biggest and most monitored cities in all of Helmos, but Hobs may also be the quickest to spot a redcap given their history... And we have one that just casually sneaked in? and none of the hundreds...maybe even thousands of guards saw them, at all? Cassandra also told us that it is actually common for Redcaps to pillage whatever riches they could get from their victims, and yet the house was left pretty much untouched...Something is definetly off in this situation"

Last edited:
Gsera found herself seated in between Kastalli and Dakarai, both of whom she had pleasant times talking to although it was less of late because of investigating the crime scene that the Redcap had left behind. Now was a good time as any to catch up at least as the ddraig watched food be lined out across their table in large portions that could feed everyone practically twice over if not more. She hadn't even noticed she was hungry until the scent of the cooking hit her nose which forced a large grumble from her stomach. "Wow... thank you so much!" Gsera said aloud excitedly as she grabbed herself portions of the deviled kidneys, mashed potatoes and waterham sausages.

Before she dug in however, she took a moment to deliver a whispered prayer in the Sótiran language: "Beannaigh Maille, máthair na dtréada. Beannaigh Be Saorflaith, máthair na sealgairí. Go mbeannaí Mathair, máthair do chách. B’fhéidir go mbeannaí na biotáillí an béile seo agus go gceadódh na sinsear ár ngníomhartha inniu agus treoir a sholáthar inár dtodhchaí."

A short silence followed as she sat with closed eyes out of respect, although that endeavor was made all the more difficult by the smell of fresh food in front of her. She then stirred and began to eat, savoring the flavors and deliciousness of the food served. "Mmmm..." she managed to get out as she chewed on some of the kidneys before nodding over to Kastalli. "I didn't see you most of today Kastalli! Where did you go? Anything interesting happen?" she asked as she finished chewing and grinned at her friend.

While Kastalli was rather hungry, she waited patiently for the rest of the company to seat themselves and express what they wanted for food as well. The investigation must have been mentally draining for a few and hearing Cècilia's words, everyone involved played a crucial part in it. She thought for a moment if anything would have been different if she did decide to join but there was little to no point in dwelling on that. Soon enough, her patience was rewarded as the tavern owners worked quickly to get out plates of food to the table. Everything looked delicious and Kastalli wasn't quite sure what she wanted or where to begin so she served herself a little bit of everything, or at least everything that she could reach from where she was sitting. She hummed happily as she ate her food, her tail swaying appropriately in response as a small smile appeared on her face. This food was absolutely tasty! And it tasted even better in the company of friends.

Her ears perked up at the mention of her name as she turned to see Sera on her left. Thinking about what happened today, her smile vanished as she chewed more slowly in thought. "I suppose you can call it interesting. I went to explore the market and someone recognized me," she explained before taking another bite of her food. "Captain Jager, from my homeland. He claimed to have known my father but I did not know that man. Anyways, he told me that Konung Vebjorn Ragnarsson - uhm… the King of Skæg, died two weeks ago. He was the one that united all the tribes together but without him...I fear the elders will go back to fighting each other." Kastalli lowered her head, looking down at her food as she was quickly losing her appetite over the thought of it. "Not only that but the Captain mentioned my father was recently made the Lawspeaker of our tribe and...to be in such an important position during times of uncertainty…" Her ears flattened as she let out a sigh, shaking her head. "Then he proceeded to ask about my late husband for the purpose of wanting to marry me off to his nephew," her hands balled into fists, clearly angered at this thought. "I...I had to lie that he was still alive...here with me...I do not know what advances they would have made if they knew the truth."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back