• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy World of Gea: The Greatest Adventure [IC] [CLOSED]

"That's a shame... personally, I believe pretty Skæglin ladies such as yourself should only date a strong Skæglin man."

Kastalli stared at the captain with a blank expression. What a bold man, really. First to offer up his nephew, whom she didn't know, let alone know the captain very well either. Then, he proceeded to give his opinion in which she honestly didn't care about. Pretty Skæglin women should be with strong Skæglin men? She was confident that her husband could best this sorry lot without much effort! Still, she held her tongue, wanting nothing more to inch away from this conversation.

"But alas, you seem to be like your dad... Interested in... exotic goods! Hah!"

"Exotic goods?" She repeated, her tail swaying slightly in annoyance. "What a poor joke. Exotic goods relate to trade, please do not fit my husband or my mother into that category. I find it offensive." Kastalli's patience was wearing thin and she absolutely didn't want to be here should her emotions get out of control. Taking a deep breath, she bowed her head slightly, even though the captain and his men certainly didn't deserve such a formal gesture. "While it was a pleasure speaking with you," that was a complete lie, "I must be going then."

"Oh, the boy is also here?" Sentry looked to Callop wondering how she didn't notice him. Must be the ale. "I do owe you the next round, so you let Potbelly rest for a moment."

"It's Pottrey, my lady." The squire said a bit timid.

"I know." She replied "I give these names to people I like." She winked at the lad, causing his cheeks to flush. "You're Swifty." She pointed to Waylond as she anticipated him to ask before leaving to fetch more ale and wine for the adults, while also grabbing something less mature for Callop. She also made a note to get something for the wolf as the barbarian couldn't remember the last time she saw the thing drink.

"I've been called many things on the Path, but never Swifty." Waylond was bemused by her choice "First time for everything." He followed with a shrug before turning his attention to Alberto and Callop. "I see that the boy is of age to start his own journey. I trust that your experience will rub off on him quite quick, ser. But should our assistance be required, me and Pot will be happy to help with his training."

As she walked to the bar, Sentry noticed that more of the party were gathering outside. Along with Petro and Devy there was Pauline and a rather eyecatching fellow. Half cat-person and wore probably less than her. Another 'barbarian' or another profession? Maybe the jester had used his charm a bit too well.

"OI! Quit gobbing at the street cat and order something ya tall..."

"LANGUAGE!" the bartender's wife was heard from the kitchen

"Yes, love of my life." He said with an annoyed tone "And nail in me balls." He muttered.

"I HEARD YE, YA BALDING PEAK!"

"Just order something." He sounded defeated.

Zen

"Ohh, that's a lot." Zen looked at the amount in awe. Zen had no intention to steal for someone so recently deceased but he could imagine the couple was planning something big with that much money, probably opening a store or saving for their baby. It made him feels a slight empathic pain in his heart. After crossing out robbery as the motive of the crime Zen started to pace around the room while mumbling at himself. His right wing was hugging his body while his left was folded in an exaggerated manner making his left talong covering half of his face. Zen paid more attention to the corpses this time.

"Not robbery, not sniped." Zen looked at the corpses again to make sure. Yup, he first though the victims might be blasted through the window somehow but the victims had enough time to position themself in such dramatic position so the culprit would likely enter this establishment, probably talked with the victims and showed overwhelming power that made the victims decided to embrace each other in their last moment instead of fighting the culprit. Felts like something still missing...

"Sheriff! May I ask if there's any witness reports?? Noises, sillhouette, quakes, stench, sudden weather shift, animals panicking, anything. It might give us better insight of what's happened."

EdwardDewey98 EdwardDewey98

A murder scene was not exactly something Korzhev witnessed often. Almost never, in all honesty. Looking at the deceased couple still embracing each other convinced him that it was much better he hadn’t. It was just that upsetting.

To his surprise, the couple’ spirits hadn’t yet left. Even better, their resident Cleric had gone ahead to make an attempt to commune with them. Korzhev wondered what might they be doing in their final moments, say their final goodbyes, promise each-other to be together eternally? Well, Dakarai might know how to answer these questions. There wasn’t much for him to do in this situation other than patiently wait for their souls to finally depart from this world. He silently prayed for the two to have an uneventful journey into the afterlife.

Once their presences had vanished entirely he walked over to where they’ve been standing. The dried vines on the window had caught his eye. “They might’ve been used to commit a crime, yet there is still some use left for them. Don’t mind me taking some.”

He turned towards the rest of the company, just as Sera was rushing in towards Dakarai, who had yet to completely return to his senses. Everyone was waiting expectantly for him to speak out on his discovery, including him.

“He’s quite alright, although his appearance might suggest the exact opposite. Even still, your concern is quite heartwarming.” He told Sera, in an attempt to calm her. “Well, my friend, you can’t just keep the knowledge to yourself now, can you? Tell us all about it once you’re back on your feet, will you?”

Plunging back forth into the metaphysical plane, Dakarai's soul once again left his mortal plane to travel back through the dark void of E'eru - the transitory world between the realm of the living and the dead. As one would expect in leaving their physical vessel behind, the Sobekan's form began to desaturate from a healthy greenish-tan into a sickly pale gray. His form remained in suspended animation, still and unmoving, like a pillar of scales and flesh waiting for life to reinvigorate it once more. Still it wouldn't be quite incorrect to register it as - in no other way - an unanimated corpse.

Meanwhile, the Sobekan's blazing soul would return to see the two lights encircling one another in the distance. As he got closer, he would quickly see the lights take on the ghostly silhouettes of the couple, composed of one male hob and a female human. Even Dakarai noticed now how his own reptilian body manifested in a bright green hue. Then, at last, the muffled voice became more and more coherent - formulating into words and sentences that he could understand. From these words, a solemn conversation could be made out; with the wife grieving over her so-called "failures" whilst the husband continued soothing his love's distress.

At this point, Dakarai was only a few feet from them, yet they didn't notice that he was in the area. Seeing as how little he naturally practiced this magic on others outside of His Grace's order, he wondered how conscious the ghostly forms were regarding to outside 'interference". Could he communicate with them? The elders in the church explained that they supposedly couldn't to others outside of Sobek'nia's - praise be Her Grace's - influence, but he was still nonetheless curious. He hadn't tested this idea before.

"Hello?" Dakarai asked calmly, trying not to intimidate them. A few seconds passed but it appeared they fell on deaf ears. The two seemed to completely ignore him. He asked again, "Can you hear me?" Once again, no response. It was no use communicating with them any further. Still, it was worth a shot. All he could do now was watch and listen, at the very least bearing witness to their final moments with his intangible essence.

Their exchange was raw and unfiltered, their intimate feelings coalescing into their truest essences. Dakarai knew all living souls dictated their true purpose in life amongst their chosen vessels, alongside their brightest virtues and their darkest sins. Here, and only here, in E'eru does the individual allow themselves to look back on their lives and reveal their deepest secrets, desires, regrets, and all of the like. While the two didn't talk much in their past actions, the cleric could feel them. They were rather decent people, trying to sport the best intentions. He always found these exchanges as fascinating as they were tragic.

And then, Dakarai stopped to feel a bright glow within his scaly form. He stopped to acknowledge this soothing presence, for he knew what this was. While he couldn't necessarily explain it, it always ended the same way. And every time this occurred, he couldn't help but feel deeply saddened by the sudden realization that...

"The time has come..."

The Sobekan gave a slow rattly sigh, trying to make peace of the approaching inevitability. He watched as the couple, both frightened yet calm, held hands and approached the glowing ethereal entity ready to transport them to their final destination. Their final moments were uneventful in tone, yet the meaning was as strong as the brightest stars in the night sky. And as the final seconds ticked by, the cleric kneeled in acceptance, before the light overwhelmed the entire void.

Dakarai's eyes peered open as he gasped back into his mortal vessel. His skin and bodily functions would begin to rapidly revert back to their prior states. His vision was foggy for a moment, watered by light tears dripping down his bumpy snout, but as the cleric regained his strength he'd see that nearly everyone in the room was staring at him with immense worry. Still gaining his breath, the Sobekan silently rose his hand to signify his condition as he slowly rose to his feet.

Cécilia was the first to ask what the cleric had seen, followed by Korzhev's eagerness for him to spill the beans. Dakarai remained silent for a moment before glancing upon everyone with a saddened look.

"Their... last moments." the mighty Sobekan spoke, letting the words settle with the others before he attempted to explain to everyone what he had seen... But then his expression widened, as if a lantern suddenly ignited above his head. So embraced within their fleeting conversation that he nearly forgotten something that he had heard. He remembered the male hob mentioning a crucial detail, one that continuously ringed through his head like a wailing siren.

"I wish we... could have taken that blokes bloody red hat off in time."

"could have taken that blokes bloody red hat off in time."

" that blokes bloody red hat off in time."

"bloody red hat off in time"

"bloody red hat"

"BLOODY. RED. HAT."

"Bloody Red Hat~" Dakarai repeated in a encouraged tone to the voices that ringed through his head, before they abruptly cut off He glanced over at the sheriff before telling everyone, "According to the husband, the killer wore a 'bloody red hat'. That as all what was mentioned from their conversation."

Last edited:
"Must admit, you got yourself in quite the mystery case, Gawain." said Edgar in the back of Gawain's mind. The Lich had taken a liking to talk to Gawain when he was concentrated.
'I am certain that were you in my place you would already have the killer pinned, wouldn't you?' Gawain thinks back sarcastically, though his concentration was quite intact. Sadly there wasn't much he could do as the Sobekan was busy examining the corpses still. Not too much new evidence had come to reveal itself in those moments, so the skeletal mage bided his time quietly for the most part as his arms crossed over his chest.

When the chanting began he looked on at the cleric with interest, only to cock his head somewhat wryly when it looked like he suddenly dropped dead. "Odd spell. Let's hope that killing oneself is just a part of it rather than the end result." he commented aloud. "I wouldn't be surprised if it was, however." Gsera had then finished her naturopath-born excursion outside and had rushed over to the 'corpse' of the cleric, only momentarily calmed by the efforts of the party's resident frog-man.

The revelation that Dakarai had obtained from his ritual may have been exciting to the cleric, though Gawain was hoping he would come up with something more substantial. "Well, a red hat of some kind is a detail but it's not quite what we were hoping for. Just the color, no mention of the style or material? We can't really ask the sheriff to take in everyone who fancies wearing a red hat for questioning..." the wizard admits as his fingers cup his chin yet again.

"Still, well done. That process seemed to be rather taxing. I just wish the departed were more telling when it came to details on their killer." he added. While he could certainly work a spell to forcibly return one of the victim's spirits back to the mortal realm for proper questioning, something told him the sheriff would not approve of him casting such magic. Ignorance made things so much more difficult than they had to be.

"Still, well done. That process seemed to be rather taxing. I just wish the departed were more telling when it came to details on their killer." he added. While he could certainly work a spell to forcibly return one of the victim's spirits back to the mortal realm for proper questioning, something told him the sheriff would not approve of him casting such magic. Ignorance made things so much more difficult than they had to be.

Dakarai turned to face Gawain, "My spiritual connections to the realm of E'eru do not allow me to speak directly to them. If I try to, they cannot hear me. Rest assured, if I could speak to them, I would've attempted them to tell as much information regarding the murderer as they could. I only know of this one detail, regarding the red hat, solely due to the fact that they've mentioned it to themselves. It's not much, sure, but it was all that was said regarding their slayer."

Last edited:
Dakarai turned to face Gawain, "My spiritual connections to the realm of E'eru do not allow me to speak directly to them. If I try to, they cannot hear me. Rest assured, if I could speak to them, I would've attempted them to tell as much information regarding the murderer as they could. I only know of this one detail, regarding the red hat, solely due to the fact that they've mentioned it to themselves. It's not much, sure, but it was all that was said."

"Most intriguing. That said I know magic that could temporarily bring the souls back to our plane so that we could speak with them." he mentions nonchalantly. "Granted I am sure that is rather invasive in whatever process is taking place to get them to their proper afterlife or what have you." Gawain slowly rolls his hand about the wrist about as he says that, indicating that said process seemed rather trivial and uninteresting to him. "Even then I'm certain that present company would be deeply disturbed by that, hm? People want results but they'll restrict the most direct means of obtaining them. It's unfortunate."

"Most intriguing. That said I know magic that could temporarily bring the souls back to our plane so that we could speak with them." he mentions nonchalantly. "Granted I am sure that is rather invasive in whatever process is taking place to get them to their proper afterlife or what have you." Gawain slowly rolls his hand about the wrist about as he says that, indicating that said process seemed rather trivial and uninteresting to him. "Even then I'm certain that present company would be deeply disturbed by that, hm? People want results but they'll restrict the most direct means of obtaining them. It's unfortunate."

"Ethics, Gawain." the Sobekan firmly stated as his gaze narrowed on the necromancer, "To derail upon that path would render us no better than the murderer itself. The couple have suffered enough as is."

He gained his composure before giving off an exasperated sigh, "Your time when necromancy is permitted will come, I can assure you that. But this is not that moment. For now, we must follow the sacred laws and go about what we currently have."

Last edited:
Despite the information they had obtained so far was definetly valuable, it was far from ideal to reach any solid conclusions. Therefore Syll attempted to analyze the scene further, checking around the furniture. Yet this was proven to be fruitless, as he couldn't really recognize signs of other spells or weapons, neither any kind of footsteps from the murderer.

What he certainly did not expect to see was his priest companion laying lifeless in front of the dead couple. Could this be have been some sort of ritual? He couldn't think much about what to do about it, as just a short few minutes later Dakarai was live and well once again, and not only that but he also seemed to have heard the couples' souls and found a bit more information with it.

Syllannan though decided to stay silent for a minute, for some clear tension had developed between Dakarai and Gawain, it was this dense atmosphere he's experienced before. Back at the academy it wasn't very rare for scholars of opposing ideologies get into heated debates about morals, and Syll knew better than to get in the middle of it.

Last edited:
Gsera felt a great sense of relief once Dakarai started moving again but this momentary celebration had been, expectedly, ruined by Gawain with yet another suggestion of the usage of necromancy. Except this time, instead of using it on people who "deserved it", it was proposed to be used against these innocent folk who had done nothing wrong. She quickly turned and gave a glare straight at the creature and was practically ready to spit out several angry remarks but the Sobekan managed to get his words in before she did, especially his rebuke.

Although she would have went further with condemning the vile necromancer, she was content to leave it be at the moment for the sake of not making a scene in front of the Hobs. She could save that for later anyway. She then returned her attention back to both the investigation and to Dakarai's new information. "A red hat... curious." she pondered aloud, "The plants outside the window were also seemingly drained of life... thought not by necromancy." she stated, begrudgingly spitting the last word out. "I couldn't tell precisely what magic was used, but I do know that the vines were used to unlock the window."

As both the Sheriff and Cécilia eagerly awaited for Dakarai to regain his consciousness. Zen continued to look around the room before turning his beak at the Sheriff.

Zen said:
"Sheriff! May I ask if there's any witness reports? Noises, silhouettes, quakes, stench, sudden weather shift, animals panicking, anything. It might give us better insight of what's happened."

She was a bit stunned by the ammount of questions the bird man was asking her. "Bloody Hel, gimme a minute! Eh... No witnesses, when the neighbors came 'ere they were already dead, killer must have escaped through the window... checky bugger... the same for all previous cases, as they all happen in the dead o' the night... and no, no bloody quakes, stenches, weather shifts or animals panicking."

As Cécilia listens to Korzhev as he explains Dakarai's condition, by pure coincidence, the Sobekan awakens from his ghastly slumber, surrounded by his friends and allies. "I'm glad you are okay Dakarai... what happened?" She asked, expressing the same curiosity everyone in the room had, but nobody expected Dakarai's somber response.

Dakarai said:
"Their... last moments."

Everyone remained quiet for a few seconds, even the Hob constables and the sheriff, some even took of their hats in sign of respect. "I... well... mind tellin' us what you learned if anythin'?" said the Sheriff, breaking that mournful silence. Dakarai thought for a moment before giving an answer to the group, one that shook the Hobs to their core.

Dakarai said:
"Bloody Red Hat- According to the husband, the killer wore a 'bloody red hat'. That as all what was mentioned from their conversation."

Gawain spoke to Dakarai, expressing his opinion and disappointment in the fact the cleric was not able to gather more information. But to the Hobs, who were exchanging worried looks, those words were enough to tell them what was going on in this town. "Dear Gaia..." said the sheriff while rubbing his worn hand against her temple. Cécilia was slowly piecing things together, but she had to ask, why were the Hobs so spooked. "Sheriff... I've got to ask, are you okay? Whats the matter?" The Sheriff didn't respond, but one of her men did, expressing pure panic. "...'tis a bloody Redcap, here to curse us... curse us all! They will take us to their heathen Gods and drain all of our blood!"

Syllannan, Gawain and Gsera knew what a Redcap is, because they are infamous in both Brannoria and the Eonach Coillte. Plenty of stories were told about them in the Brannorian countryside. Skeptical minds like that of Gawain's would think of them as mere boogeymen, fairy tales like the thousand others that exist in Gea but that is a lie. Even Gsera's father, Geros, would tell her to never wander alone at night, for even a young dragon like herself would not able to kill a Redcap, even the Firbolg, the fearless giant men of the Eonach Coillte, would say that the Redcaps unnerved them.

The Sheriff was still quiet, unaware of Gawains comments or the fact that Gsera and Grunde had entered the room, but did hear the information they brought. Information that only confirms her fears. "Tha... that's it... ya lot are officially discharged from this investigation." said the Sheriff while cleaning the sweet from her forehead. "Ya helped a lot... by Gaia these are not good news at all but ya did help." Cécilia was a bit confused, she looked at her companions before looking down at the Sheriff. "Sheriff, please... allow us to help finding this killer." The Sheriff shaked her head violently. "Didn't ya hear me ya daft twat? I just told ye, ya are discharged!" She shouted, surprising Cécilia a bit. "Hob problems require Hob solutions... we will find this Redcap... we must... we have to!" She said while look at the bodies of the victims.

Perhaps, with a little convincing from the whole group, they might be able to help more? Or maybe they could try to perform a bit of a solo investigation?

The captain looked at Kastalli for a few awkward second before giving her another smile. "As you wish, madame... I hope you and your husband have a nice day... Hobs sure are donkeys, aren't they?" He said jokingly before walking away, waving his hand at the cat woman. As she was leaving, she heard one of the Skæglin sailors shout something at her. "...and if ya wanna sleep with a real man, our ship's at the docks!" She didn't look back, she just kept walking. While she knew that not all men in Skæg were like this, too many meat heads inhabited the isle.

She had been lucky, other young women in the isle did not have the luck of having an open-minded father and a sweet husband like she did. But she wasn't going to depress herself any further, now freed from that awkward encounter, she headed to the Inn & Tavern where most of the party had headed to. A bit sad that she couldn't get to enjoy the scenery of Waterham.

Ser Weylond said:
"I see that the boy is of age to start his own journey. I trust that your experience will rub off on him quite quick, ser. But should our assistance be required, me and Pot will be happy to help with his training."

Back in the tavern, Alberto let out a chuckle as Waylond looked down at Callop. "He is a good kid, already knows a few tricks that I don't even know... and he is friends with a strange wolf." Waylond did notice the strange moss-covered canine resting by the seat of Callop. "A good companion... hopefully he doesn't mind if I train his friend, eh?" Fauxs didn't look at the old knight, he simply rested there, his ears twitching a bit. As the Bartender listened to Sentry's order, Devereaux enters the tavern alongside a curious Abasi.

"Hmmm?" Alberto looked at the young cat man and made note of his lack of efficient clothes. The cat boys appearance reminded him of the famous eastern belly dancers, used in the courts of various Emirs and Sultans. He had met plenty of exotic dancers that also used their abilities for adventuring. "What you've brought in, Devy?" asked the old knight while approaching the duo. Devy didn't say anything, he simply made a theatrical bow introducing Abasi to the old knight, before heading to a chair, the Jester then begins to play his lute for everyone in the tavern.

"Well... I am Ser Alberto, ex-knight commander of Sarcossia and currently a travelling knight, at your service young man... might I ask who are you?" Alberto tried to sound as friendly as possible. Abasi had a good way with people and he was able to tell that this old man was being genuinely friendly and polite. "And most importantly... are you here to join us young man? If that's the case, I hope you tell me about your abilities!" Not so far from Abasi were Paulin and Petro, looking at the dancer as he introduced himself to the knight. "I hope he gets hired... w-wouldn't mind seeing him in the camp." said Paulin while looking back at Petro, but as the two look back at the catboy, another cat person entered the tavern. "Oh! Bonjour madame Kastalli." said Paulin in a friendly way. "Look! Devy might have brought another entertainer to our party!" he said while pointing at Abasi.

While waiting on her order, Sentry looked about the tavern, having "recruited" Ser Weylond and Pottery into the expeditionary company, she noticed that this tavern had a bit of everything in here. Human adventurers, Hob mercenaries, a few rowdy dwarves, she even noticed two Skæglin adventurers and three men in brown robes that had a mystical air about them. Perhaps she could get some more bodies into the team? But was she charming enough to hire this many people?

A Redcap...so that was what they were dealing with, Syll had to think no further on the creature as he was very familiar with the tales of such an atrocious being. Not only was he warned about them by his mother and many other adults as a child, he also clearly remembers reading about the chronicles of Emma the One-Armed Fencer, a very strong and talented fighter who crossed her path with a Redcap once, and while she was victorious, it was in that same day where she earned her nickname. The Spellblade wasn't about to let the sheriff stop him from investigating further, what kind of heroic figure could he possible aspire to become if he was to give his back to a remorseless killer, specially when they already had several clues on the case.

"Well, that is too bad yet understandable, thank you for letting us go now, Sheriff. Now, if you excuse me, i yearn to relax at the Inn" Syll turned around and walked towards the entrance of the house, but stopped for a few seconds once he was next to Cecilia, and whispered at her.

"As if, i will search and ask around, i will see what i can find about our culprit, see you later at the Sleeping Donkey" he then resumed his exit of the house.

Now finally outside, it was a matter of thinking where could more information be gathered. Perhaps he could check on one of the city squares, or maybe ask around for any kind of information seller, as folk like that exist in any large community, specially one that's walled thouroughly.

Zen

Zen cussed silently as the sheriff told him about the lack of witness, maybe... just maybe... they're dealing with Shigesan ninja! Did they came for him? Was this serial killing was just an elaborate schemes to mock him? Zen was busy with his own theory and only snapped back to the conversation when the sheriff yelled about redcap and dismissed them. He could only tilt his head, redcap??

Zen was confused but if the sheriff wanted no more of their help then he would comply, but he wanted the conclusion of this case, he was already very into it. There's nothing that would prevent him from doing his own snooping right? Right? So when he overheard Syllanan whispering to Cecilia about looking around by himself, Zen waited a few moment before following Syll out of the establishment.

"Elf boy! You going to investigate, right? I'm in! Tell me about this redcap thingy!" Zen admitted his lack of knowledge about the creature they're chasing.

EdwardDewey98 EdwardDewey98 Roda the Red Roda the Red

While she was the one to create the lie that she was here in Waterham with her husband, it still pained her heart to hear Captain Jager's words. It was a rather beautiful day, wasn't it? How she wished she could appreciate it with Saito. Even when the weather was dreadful, not a day went by where she didn't wish to experience it with him. She completely missed the insult directed towards the Hobs as she was lost in thought, only coming back to her senses when one of the sailors shouted back at her. Kastalli frowned slightly, not bothering to give him the pleasure of looking back at him in disgust. A real man? What a joke! Saito was certainly a real man and even the thought of sleeping with a typical Skæglin brute made her shudder. Unfortunately for some of the women back in Skæg, they did not have much of a choice in deciding who they wanted to lay with. She was ever grateful to have such an understanding father who really only questioned her foreign partner once simply because he was worried for his daughter's safety.

Milling around with these thoughts, Kastalli continued through the streets of Waterham, eventually making her way towards the tavern Sir Alberto and the majority of the group were meeting at. As she entered, she was immediately greeted by Paulin. She offered him a friendly smile, though it was a bit forced considering the mood she was currently in. At the very least, Devereaux's music was lightening her mood. Kastalli's eyes followed Paulin's finger as he pointed towards a rather unique individual in front of Sir Alberto. Oh? Wordlessly, she walked up to the two men and stared at the new figure. He had similar ears and tail like hers but...he did not appear to be from Skæg. He dressed differently too...for some reason she was reminded of the desert and sand when looking at him. Her tail swayed in interest but she still had yet to say anything. Instead, her ears moved, flattening and then unflattening in some kind of nonverbal greeting.

Woffy Woffy

Gsera practically stilled at the mention of a Redcap, knowing full well the stories that her father told her she became extremely nervous at the prospect of potentially coming across one here in this town. "W-wha... here? A Redcap?" she managed to get out, her hands and feet shaking with anxiety. "I... oh I don't know if it's a good idea to go after it... the stories are bad..." she continues in between shaky breaths. She then quickly turned to Cecilia with an expression of worry: "Cecilia I... I think we should try t-to help... t-they won't be able to d-deal with it on t-their own." she whispered to her, "I-I don't want anyone else to die..."

"And most importantly... are you here to join us young man? If that's the case, I hope you tell me about your abilities!"

Abasi smiled "Why of course as long as you would have me , your cute jester companion made me an offer and i have to say im interested...as for my skills well as you may see im both an entretainer but.." he makes a half dance half spin both as a way to show off his dexterity as well as show off "the goods" to him and anyone who may be watching then when the spin is done Alberto sees a small flash of light , a curved dagger with a golden handle had appeared in abasi's hand , probably taken out during the distracting spin , abasi smiles as he balances the dagger on a finger "im also no stranger to defending myself somethig you pick up in my posi-" For a moment his eyes go wide as if he had started to say something he didnt ment to but soon he changes back "My profession"

Wordlessly, she walked up to the two men and stared at the new figure. He had similar ears and tail like hers but...he did not appear to be from Skæg. He dressed differently too...for some reason she was reminded of the desert and sand when looking at him. Her tail swayed in interest but she still had yet to say anything. Instead, her ears moved, flattening and then unflattening in some kind of nonverbal greeting.

Abasi's eyes shifted a bit after that little mistake but soon find a pair of ears twiching and he notices Kastalli "Oh my , its been a while since i have seen someone like me , yet so different , beautifully so" He smiled brightly and took Kastalli's hand giving it a soft kiss presenting himself as his ears twiched a bit as well "Im Abasi , dancer , wanderer and if Alberto here approves soon member of the company"

Sentry observed her surroundings as the drinks were prepared. Maybe a few more wouldn't hurt. More hands on sword and staff to fight off anything that may come their way. Her attention was drawn to the drinks being placed on the counter.

"Here ya go."

"The last drink tasted funny." Sentry looked at the bartender "You didn't spit in these, right?" she said as she pointed to the drinks

"Wha..." The hob was taken aback by the question "What type of lowlife do ya take me for? Why if have half a mind to..."

"DID YOU SPIT IN PATRON DRINKS YOU VULTURE-NECKED CRETIN?" His wife bellowed from the kitchen

"ACH, FUCKIN NERVE YOU HAVE WOMAN!" He fired back "I HAVE NOT SPAT OR PISSED IN THESE DRINKS!"

"These? So you did in the others we ordered?" Sentry asked, one eyebrow raised "And what's this about pissing in drinks, bartender?"

"HE FUCKING WHAT?" the wife was now out of the kitchen, pan in hand. "I told you once, I told you a thousand times that we take everyone's coin in here you fool! You moron!" She raised the pan over his head, which made him shrink in size. This really surprised Sentry as she didn't expect them to get even shorter. "Why I out to..."

"Peace, madam!" Sentry intervened "He may be brash and sharp tongued, but I don't believe he would be that terrible." She gently smiled towards the bartender "I think bashing his brain on the floor would be worse for both of you. A moment respite, but a lifetime of regret."

"Yes, wife." He stammered "Please listen to the tall bitch."

"You may have a point." the wife lowered her pan while giving Sentry a look. There was some of the that hob mistrust in there, but she seemed to be more inclined to listen "This round is on the house. He's paying." She pointed to her husband with the pan "But for the future, don't be asking question like that in the open, aye?"

"Aye." The barbarian grabbed her drinks and walked back to the table, overhearing the couple arguing with each other. She would never know if he did do anything to their drinks, but he wouldn't now. "Here, Potbelly." She handed Pot his wine and one to Waylond. Apple juice for Callop. At least she believed it was juice and not cider. As she handed the drinks, she overheard Abasi introduce himself. Turning her head to face him, she didn't know what to say. Instead she nudged Alberto "How about we see his talents in action?" She gave him a mischievous smile to show she was planning something.

"Jester, we got some work to do!" She called out to Devy before turning to Kastalli and Abasi "Sand and Snow, I don't mean to be rude, but I want to round up some more muscles for the expedition from these folk here." She pointed to the different groups she saw earlier. The hobs, dwarfs, outlanders and robed figures. "But I need some help. Some charm, music, a bit of music and good looks can do wonders." The barbarian looked to Abasi "What do you say you show off what you can do in that regard?" She asked as if it was a challenge.

Kastalli's eyes widened slightly in surprise as the man took her hand and planted a kiss on top. Well, she certainly didn't expect such an affectionate greeting but she had to remember that she was also an affectionate person as well - just simply not in her best mood at the moment. The gesture did brighten her mood a bit, resulting in her smiling more genuinely this time. "I could say the same of you," indeed he was quite charming and attracted quite a bit of attention from everyone, including herself. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Abasi. I am Kastalli and while I am not strictly a dancer…" she gently lifted his hand above her head, twirling underneath for a moment, "I do enjoy the movements! Especially when Devereaux is performing the song." Although she had forgiven Syllannan for stomping on her foot, it would certainly be nice to have a dance partner that was light on his feet.

"Sand and Snow, I don't mean to be rude, but I want to round up some more muscles for the expedition from these folk here."

Speaking of dancing, Sentry had approached the two of them, requesting their skills in order to recruit more members for the expedition. "Well, I would never refuse a performance with some friends," she smiled, reaching for her bell before chiming it lightly one or two times. Kastalli looked back to Abasi, her tail swaying almost excitedly, "and I would love to see and learn how you dance as well."

Woffy Woffy

. The gesture did brighten her mood a bit, resulting in her smiling more genuinely this time. "I could say the same of you," indeed he was quite charming and attracted quite a bit of attention from everyone, including herself. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Abasi. I am Kastalli and while I am not strictly a dancer…" she gently lifted his hand above her head, twirling underneath for a moment, "I do enjoy the movements! Especially when Devereaux is performing the song."

"Sand and Snow, I don't mean to be rude, but I want to round up some more muscles for the expedition from these folk here." She pointed to the different groups she saw earlier. The hobs, dwarfs, outlanders and robed figures. "But I need some help. Some charm, music, a bit of music and good looks can do wonders." The barbarian looked to Abasi "What do you say you show off what you can do in that regard?" She asked as if it was a challenge.

Abasi smiled overjoyed at finding such agreeable people in the company "Oh i think im going to fit in here just fine" He said while Kastalli did her little spin
As soon as he herd that abasi's ears perked up and he looked back at the Amazon , amazed by her figure he grinned "Sand and Snow ! ohh shall that be our stage name then ?" he said while he danced a bit leading Kastalli in the little display , she found her moves almost guided by the way abasi moved his body so that even a begginer could follow him "I would never pass up on a chance to dance for an audience and if it will help the company then even better !" He smiled at Kastalli "Ohh the shows we could perform !" then he looked back at Sentry "But im curious , do you dance as well oh strong warrior ? after all dancing for your life and fighting for your life are not so different , dodges , slashes , pirouettes , parry , parrying are all moves that can be applied to a dance I would love to see you dance sometime as well maybe I can teach you somethings" He smiled a bit cocky accepting her "challenge" and even upping the ante

"Elf boy! You going to investigate, right? I'm in! Tell me about this redcap thingy!"

Syll turned his head, it was Zen calling at him, and apparently he realized he wasn't giving up on the case, a slight smirk formed on the elf's face.

"Looks like nothing escapes your hearing, my friend..." Syll started walking at a slow pace as his crow friend walked up to his side.

"well, Redcaps are a powerful type of fae from the forest, but they're in fact pretty much evil in nature and normally their whole motivation is to kill anything in their path, they then proceed to soak their hats in the blood of their victims, not only does this serve as sustenance for them but also steadily makes them stronger" Syll placed his hand under his chin in thought. "But just knowing this won't help much, we need to find someone who can gives us plenty of information about the city....hmm..."

And then a sudden realization came to him, a few hours ago back when they were entering the city, the Sheriff mentioned a certain someone who could prove helpful.

"That's right! the Sheriff did mention a girl, Cassandra i think, she should be at the bookstore and supposedly she has a lot of information about Waterham, what do you say we give it a try?"

Ace Cream Ace Cream

Well, I would never refuse a performance with some friends
"Wonderful! The bell will do us well." Sentry said before Abasi showed he was eager to participate in recruitment as well
But I'm curious , do you dance as well oh strong warrior? After all dancing for your life and fighting for your life are not so different , dodges , slashes , pirouettes , parry , parrying are all moves that can be applied to a dance I would love to see you dance sometime as well maybe I can teach you somethings.
"I like this one." Sentry told Alberto before turning back to Abasi "Once we have signed on a few of patrons, I'll show you how we danced in Kamani land. You might learn something new yourself." She motioned for the dancer to follow along. Devy wasn't far behind them, already playing the opening notes of a song for the occasion. With her companions already drawing attention to them, she just needed to sell the idea to those who would want to join. She took a moment to breathe and let the music play. For the dance to draw the eyes. Do it like Cadmus did many times before her.

"Friends! Travelers! Fellow outlanders! Lend me your ears for a fleeting moment." She started after some time "Let the music play and fill your soul with honey and let the dance take your mind towards better shores. Let them flow together and open you up to the possibilities we offer. This show is dedicated to you." She looked to the different groups that were gathered as she spoke "We live in a wonderous world filled with joys such as this and more. Each day more reveal themselves yearning for us to see them, but we're not always there for them. But it doesn't mean that it has to stay that way. We are on a journey across the lands to uncover and reconnect them to the world. To make sure their light is not snuffed out. The wonders we have already seen are a small piece of what we have yet to see. But we are not to do this alone. We need people. Strong of will, body and mind. People like I see around me."

"Our journey is going to be long and dangerous, but if you travel the paths you know this already. But the rewards are of great worth in riches and fame. Your names forever covered in the glory as your twilight years are spent with the fruits of your labor. The depths of knowledge long lost now uncovered by you for the world to draw from. All by your hands. To touch greatness and to tie your fate with that of heroes. Join us and lend us your strength. Join the Emperor's expedition! Become a part of history. Let your names and deeds be the tales of courage and songs of valor.

Zen

"Cassandra? The one in bookstore? Sure, we don't have much lead at the moment so everything can be a good start." Zen and Syll started to look for this bookstore. During the walk, Zen was still crunching about this information about the redcap that he got.

"If what you said its true... isn't it weird for a redcap to do all this?" Zen rubbed his underbeak thoughfully. "You described the redcap as a nature savage, but what we've seen here is a work of an intelligent and cunning entity. They picked their victims carefully, knows when, where and how to strike to avoid witness, repeatedly. Well, that's just my thought, we shouldn't dwell too long on baseless assumptions so let's interro- ask this Cassandra lady!"

EdwardDewey98 EdwardDewey98 Roda the Red Roda the Red

"Hmm, you do have a point though, Redcaps aren't exactly the type to carefully plan their kills, and it's specially rare to consider there's one in such a well-protected city...But either way as you said we shouldn't make any hastily conclusions"

After asking for some directions from a couple of locals, and receiving a good mouthful of passive-aggressive discrimination, they eventually found their way into the Old Oaken Bookshop, and with a quickt twist of the doorknob, they headed inside.

Ace Cream Ace Cream

Sentry said:
"Friends! Travelers! Fellow outlanders! Lend me your ears for a fleeting moment. Let the music play and fill your soul with honey and let the dance take your mind towards better shores. Let them flow together and open you up to the possibilities we offer. This show is dedicated to you."

Everyone in the tavern went quiet when Sentry called upon everyone's attention. Alberto, who was still thinking weather or not he should recruit Abasi as he had met plenty of adventuring bards and dancers who were charlatans, watched spectandly as the Barbarian and her posse of entertainers gave everyone a show. (1d10 = 6 | Success) Devy's lute playing was great as usual. (1d10 = 6 | Success) Kastalli's bell and soft tune, combined with her fellow musicians lute, helped set up the mood of Sentry's speech. (1d10 = 5 | Minor Success) and Abasi's dancing was slow but seductive, it captivated those that found the half-Basteti appealing and gathered more attention to Sentry and his fellow entertainers.

"We live in a wondrous world filled with joys such as this and more. Each day more reveal themselves yearning for us to see them, but we're not always there for them. But it doesn't mean that it has to stay that way. We are on a journey across the lands to uncover and reconnect them to the world. To make sure their light is not snuffed out. The wonders we have already seen are a small piece of what we have yet to see. But we are not to do this alone. We need people. Strong of will, body and mind. People like I see around me."

"Our journey is going to be long and dangerous, but if you travel the paths you know this already. But the rewards are of great worth in riches and fame. Your names forever covered in the glory as your twilight years are spent with the fruits of your labor. The depths of knowledge long lost now uncovered by you for the world to draw from. All by your hands. To touch greatness and to tie your fate with that of heroes. Join us and lend us your strength. Join the Emperor's expedition! Become a part of history. Let your names and deeds be the tales of courage and songs of valor"

(1d20 = 9 | Minor Success) Undoubtedly, Sentry's passionate speech had gathered the hearts and minds of those with adventurous hearts, her words were grand and the promise was appealing. But to the common mercenary, the barbarian woman was being a bit too theatrical for their own tastes. Alberto, fascinated by his companions little theatrics, suddenly barged in. "What she says is true, you'll be remembered in the annals of history! But I can see that some of you that show interest but are unsure of the profits. Rest assured that this company and our employer, pays their men and women well! We feed them and keep them warm! for we are a company, and we all work together for a great purpose!" (1d10 = 5 | Minor Success) His words were not as grand and his commanding voice did not have the same thunderous mystique of Sentry's voice, but it was enough to convince the common mercenary. (Overall Result = 31 | Success!)

"Ya' know what? To Hel with it, I don't want to die in 'tis boring town guarding warehouses." said a Hob fighter carrying a long sword on his back. "Count me in, tall lass!" he shouted. "I have always wanted to leave Waterham, I want to see the weird things that live out there!" said a young Hob commoner as he approaches Sentry. "Are you a giant?" He asks naively. "Excuse me, miss?" asked a man donning brown robes, he sported a monk haircut. "Me and my brothers have decided to take a bath of pilgrimage. We are monks of the Messelien Order, and once in our lifetime as Monks, we must engage in a long pilgrimage to see the world and its holy places... we are not defenseless and we know how treat both spiritual and physical wounds... and... do not worry, we don't share the intrusive zeal that other monk orders might share." It was rather odd to see a bunch of chubby old man wearing brown robes and sandals also carry weapons.

As more people gathered, Kastalli noticed that two men sported armor, weapons and clothing typically associated with Skæg, she quickly thought of the sailors and captain Jaeger, but these men simply looked at her, nodded and then looked back at Sentry, they appear to be normal adventurers, much to her relief. With the show done and plenty of people approaching Sentry, everyone relaxed and allowed Devy to continue playing his lute.

4 Generic Fighters, 5 Hob Fighters, 6 Hob Rogues, 8 Hob Travellers, 2 Skæglin Vikings, 1 Dverger Warrior and 4 Messelien Monks join the Expeditionary Company!

While everyone settles down, Alberto looks at Abasi and gives the young cat man a smile. "You do know how to dance, I'll give you that much... and I don't doubt you use daggers well... consider yourself hired, young man." He said while patting the cat boy on the shoulder. "Now go get something to drink, we will pay for it... time to relax! Ohohoho!" His jolly laughter was rather contagious.

While the company was engaged in this show and recruitment drive, Petro and Paulin simply stood there watching, with that done, the young Eranoiran gave the Minotavur a curious look. "H-hm... h-hey! Wanna eat together?" He said, without giving the Minotavur time to answer, the adventurer grabbed Petrocles's hand and "dragged" him to a nearby table. "You know, you have been here with all of us but we know so little about you." said Paulin while taking a seat next to Petro. "I'm genuinely curious about... your life before adventuring, you mentioned your home before but you never described it like say... Syll! He always mentions how boring it was... how was homelife for you?"

Cécilia gave Syll an approving look as he left the building with Zen. She then looked at Gsera, her shaky voice insisting that they should help the Hobs.

Sera said:
"Cecilia I... I think we should try t-to help... t-they won't be able to d-deal with it on t-their own." she whispered to her, "I-I don't want anyone else to die..."

"I agree Sera... and we will..." she whispered in Sera's pointed ears. "...Please Sheriff, we want to help you save more lives, you know Redcaps are incredibly dangerous." As she spoke, she looked down at Grunde. "...Grunde, my slime friend, they can help us locate the Redcap if you allow us to look for him." The Sheriff snapped and glared at Cécilia. "Stop it, ya ain't helpin' and I frankly just want ya to stop... I appreciate that helped us here, but I don't want ye lot snooping about and maybe getting killed... or worse..." said the Sheriff before giving Gawain a hateful glare. "...ya think I didn't hear ya, ya bony twat? that ya wanted to use yer foul magic on 'em? The lizard might be a heathen but he has his heart in the right place clearly!" She shouted while also glancing at a pensive Dakarai. "I can't trust ya with this thing at yer side!" Cécilia sighed and inside Gawain's head, he could hear Edgar's little giggle. "Typical Hob stuff, isn't it? If I were you, I'd strike them down but then again... I am sure they would destroy me regardless of my magical powers."

"Please... Sheriff..." muttered Cécilia while glancing over at Korzhev, the Domovoy was a talkative being and while some might find it grating, perhaps the combined efforts of everyone in the room might be able to convince the Sheriff to let them help.

After a few more minutes of walking, both small-time detectives arrived at the Old Oaken Bookshop. It was rather fancy looking, with a distinctive Eranoiran design. Syll gently approached the front of the store and opened the door. As he entered the store with Zen, he could hear two women sharing a friendly conversation. "I am honest, my dear friend!" said a woman with a jovial and rather melodious voice. "I truly find it fascinating, I believe that you should practice your summoning abilities again, even if you've a bit a discomfort with it... knowledge is always important!" Both Syll and Zen shared and inquisitive look as they walked deeper into the store. Walking past several bookshelves full of books and scrolls, they reached a reading area.

Sitting in front of each other while drinking tea were two women. A rather cute Hob woman with blond hair whose face was covered with small stains of ink and a Myrkálfar woman, whose colorful skin color brought the attention of both Zen and Syll. Myrkálfari are a rare ethnicity of Alfari, seeing one here in Waterham is very surprising. Syll can also detect that this woman was a powerful spellcaster, as she help a small flame family right under her cup of tea, keeping it warm. "Oh?" said the Hob woman as she noticed both men. "Welcome to my store, I am Cassandra Blackwell and my pretty friend there is Malthara Kilrae... we were having a jolly good tea time, haha!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back