• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy World of Gea: The Greatest Adventure [IC] [CLOSED]

Syll was glad nothing came out of the mistake, truth is he actually enjoyed a good barfight and you could blame his brannorian blood for it, but he didn't want things to go that route just the day before they started their expedition.
A few moments later he was back at the table as he grabbed a second second serving of various dishes, but was cut short after Cecilia grabbed everyone's attention.

He contemplated the question for a little bit as the others spoke their mind, it seems he wasn't alone in that the goal mattered little, on a personal level at least.
"I can't say I know what am I going to do afterwards, I'm traveling to challenge myself in hopes of pushing my training forward, if I am successful then i may go back to the Silverin academy to share my discoveries and advances with my fellow academics, and if not, then I will probably just continue traveling on my own, but either way let us hope for a successful journey!"

Korzhev continued to watch, for the rest of the night, the other adventurers enjoy themselves, drink, sing, all so full of cheer. Upon hearing Cecilia's questions, and his fellow companion's answer, he took a little to contemplate upon his own? He had told her earlier today what he sought after the journey. Frankly, he didn't mind repeating himself once again.

"As you know, madam, should I live to see the day this journey ends, I would like to be home, surrounded by my brothers and sisters. I would be happiest if we dined one last time before I'm sent up to the skies above! As for the journey itself, certainly, it is much less bitter to wander endlessly when you've got company."

After a brief pause, he added, as an afterthought, "Maybe I wish to make the most of what's left of my time, to appreciate what once I would close my eyes to."

Despite just how... threatening Gawain appeared to be in the corner of the tavern with his book - he was still recognized by several scholars or team members that began to ask him questions concerning his study. Of course he was not bothered by these interruptions in the least, the wizard always happy to discuss their craft with like-minded individuals even if he was not nearly as inebriated as they were. Just as he finished chatting up the last wizard of the company for the moment, Cécilia used a spell to get everyone's attention. He looked to her as his fingers tapped against the pages of his book patiently, jaw giving another rotational turn as he thought on what to say.

The other company members seemed to be either content with the journey itself or had plans after it, though he felt no harm in repeating his goals. "I shall find the creature that made me this way, and I will entrap it so that I can improve the magical arts for generations to come. Such unbridled power is aiming to be tamed, put to use to benefit the world over! I have been given a great opportunity, a body that need not rest. I am prepared to spend an eternity so that I may make the greatest discovery that history will know." Gawain spoke confidently, a hand to his chest. When the toast began to be announced, he grabbed the cup of wine he hadn't touched and motioned it upward gently in the air. "I... cannot drink this. So you will have to accept me just waving the glass around unfortunately."

Last edited:
Being assaulted by questions and words the slime can't even comprehend by the many wizards of the expedition wasn't how Grunde envisioned its time in the tavern. They seem like nice people, with their bodies exuding the excitement of seeing a new toy on the shelves rather than the usual fear that the slime has come to expect. But nonetheless, most of the things they said flew above Grunde's head. They were also nice enough to ask for its permission before probing the slime's body, testing the consistency of its slime and whatever their hearts desired which made Grunde feel.... weird. Luckily, the slime was saved by Cécilia as she called the attention of everyone in the expedition and the wizards left the slime in peace.

Another mana potion was placed in front of the slime, courtesy of Cécilia. Grunde's body, with the help of Syll's gift which is now completely absorbed, was just big enough that it can move around without much of a hassle but not too big that it disturbed those around it. Drinking the potion in one go would undeniably double the slime's mass so it instead took little sips. Soon enough, the entire place was filled with chatter among its inhabitants when the topic of future was introduced, which also made the slime think. Most voiced their wish to return to their homes and families, (Home? as far as Grunde is concerned it's always been home or near it beside Cécilia.) others aim to spend their earnings on material goods, (The slime doubts there are any clothing fit for it and jewels are quite useless when it'll slowly degrade when introduced to its body.), and some simply wished for love. (Grunde eyed Paulin. His answer made the slime think the most. Love, or romantic ones at least, were a foreign subject but it does sound nice.) Of course, there's also Cécilia's offer to explore the world, or worlds that watch over them, and a life-time of gazing the heavens with its guardian doesn't sound bad at all. But, is it what Grunde really want?

"I... I don't know." Grunde uttered, staring back at the half-empty potion in its hand.

Last edited:
Petrocoles joined the table not long after Cécilia had bestowed her magic spell upon the young minotavur. He picked out an empty and sturdy looking seat to quietly settle down on to, almost lost in the conversations going on around him that he could now quite clearly understand. It sounded no different than had he been home around a bonfire, or in a local drinking garden. To think she would grant him such a spell freely was... mildly suspicious to him, at first, but this group seemed all heart. He knew well how one could wear a mask to obscure their true ways. Here, these people seemed merry.

He joined in on some conversations, tentatively. He wasn't shy - no warriors were shy, after all, especially not him, being among the best of all honored warriors. Still, he had to clear his throat to break through the timid veil at times. This was merely a side effect of the spell, most likely. Petrocoles being shy? How silly!

Then it came turn to announce what everyone planned to do after the finish of the expedition. He realized, since he sat down with them, he was more or less now part of their band as the woman had said. Traveling into places unknown and dangerous - why, that was exactly his calling. And he would be able to embark with gratitude on his quest to retrieve the fabled sword without having to go alone with all the risks that entailed. When his turn came, he blinked, surprised that he was now on the spot.

"Uhm," he cleared his throat, then thumped his fist on the table. "I quest for the honor of family and home! I will take what treasures await, and build... a school. A sword school! For warriors! To bring even more honor!" He took a sip of his milk mug and added, perhaps sheepishly, "also a regular school. For letters and arithmetic."

"Well... if I'm still kicking around at the end of this journey... and I have finished all my loose ties... I'll probably go settle down with grandchildren. Watch 'em grow as much as I can."

She still didn't believe that a known international hero like Ser Alberto was travelling with them. She had expected the man to be either a pompous fool like most knights she had known, or just senile due to his age. And while he certainly was a bit too animated for a man his age, she was starting to enjoy it. "Here's hoping that you'll see them again, Ser Knight!" said Cécilia while raising her mug. "May you age slowly as well!" Alberto actually choked on his drink for a moment. "Goodness gracious, Hel no! I have lived for far too long!" Some of the other members of the company chuckled at the old man's reaction.

"Onions... I will plant lots of... Onions. They are good... or get m'self a man that treats me right."

Cécilia was taken aback a bit by Paulin's sincere and honest words. While Eranoire has a large religious minority that worshiped the Cult of Gods, who were known for respecting the orientation of other people, Eranoire is still a country whose religious majority are worshipers the Cult of Gaia, who are not as open. She didn't know if to praise his boldness or to reassure him that one day he might find a man for himself. She decided to just be honest and simply shrugged. "Eh, men are strange creatures, are they not?" She looked at the men in the company. "No offense, my friends." "None taken!" said some warrior who was eating chicken with his bare hands.

"But if I had to pick something to focus on...I'd say I plan to just make people happy! As I always have, be it here, there, or anywhere around the world."

Cécilia gave Devereaux a smile. At this point, she knew that there was something wrong with the entertainer. What it could be, she did not know just yet, but she'd figure out eventually. However, while she felt like there was something wrong with him, Cécilia actually believed Devy's wishes to entertain and make people happy. "Dedicated performers like you are hard to come these days. Too many amateurs who only want to make a quick buck, or talentless hacks... I commend you for your dedication and love for entertaining, my friend!"

"I can never really stop until I find the shrine I am meant to guard. And when I find it, I still have to test those who come to seek their fortune and glory. But until then, I'll enjoy your company."

Sentry reminded everyone of her own quest, one that seemed like an adventure of its own right. She was an strange person, and Cécilia still didn't know if she believed her claim of being older than she looked. Still, Sentry was a friendly woman, and while Cécilia had some doubts about her true nature, she returned her the smile. "I am sure we will enjoy your company as well, my friend!"

"I want to... [hic] settle down. Build a mansion and live a peaceful-leee... Not. Not. Not. Not mansion. Don't want to rot alone. [hic] Dojo. I want a big self-sufficient dojo. A place where everyone can share their dreams and hardships together. Regardless of their background... [hic]"

Zen was properly wasted by now, but there was something kind and moving in his words. How he considered having a manor for himself before deciding that he wanted a Dojo for self-help. It was quite noble for a Tengu ninja. Cécilia was about to say something, but watched as the Tengu fell down out of his chair, his beak piercing through the wood and becoming stuck in it. "Pero diosa mia!" said Alberto, as he got off his seat and attempted to help the birdman. Cécilia just chuckled and shook her head.

"As it is now, I am happiest when I am singing so I will continue to do so. With time though, maybe I will look to settle down."

"Ah! So another dedicated entertainer in the making, eh?" she said with a smile. "I haven't heard you performing yet... but you have a pretty voice so I imagine you have a beautiful singing voice as well." Cécilia eyed Kastalli for a moment before looking at her glass. "You are a pretty lady, madame... I am sure you'll become an excellent singer!" Cécilia gave Kastalli a thumbs up and a smile. In her mind however, Cécilia pondered if the hybrid woman was made of the right material for this expedition. She was a huntress and a bard, but could she handle years of marching? Then again, they also had a child in the party... and Cécilia couldn't shake this feeling that Kastalli was going to help everyone a lot in the future.

"I can't say I know what am I going to do afterwards, I'm traveling to challenge myself in hopes of pushing my training forward, if I am successful then i may go back to the Silverin academy to share my discoveries and advances with my fellow academics, and if not, then I will probably just continue traveling on my own, but either way let us hope for a successful journey!"

Cécilia gave Syll a smile. She didn't have much to think about the boy yet. While he was a reject from a prestigious academy, Cécilia had a few doubts about the experience of the young warrior. But there was something about Syll that made him stand out, besides the rough enchantments on his gear. There was a fire on his eyes, one that made Cécilia feel like she was looking at someone with a lot of potential at hand. "...Then we will see what your calling is in the future, Syll. If you ever need training... I'll gladly help you with some basic spells." she said while giving the young man a genuine smile.

"As you know, madam, should I live to see the day this journey ends, I would like to be home, surrounded by my brothers and sisters. I would be happiest if we dined one last time before I'm sent up to the skies above! As for the journey itself, certainly, it is much less bitter to wander endlessly when you've got company. Maybe I wish to make the most of what's left of my time, to appreciate what once I would close my eyes to."

Korzhev had turned out to be a chatty little frog, something that Cécilia personally enjoyed. Alberto actually looked at the Old Frog for a moment, feeling a bit identified with his last line. While there were a few loose ends in his life that he wanted to finish, he joined this adventure with the hopes of seeing and appreciating the beautiful world he explored for so long as a questing knight. "Hey... frog friend,it'd be a pleasure to exchange stories later." said the old knight, raising a flask of wine to Korzhev.

Cécilia smiled as she watched the old men interact for a bit. She also noticed something else. Gsera was still face down on the table, but she must be awake as her ears keep twitching. Like a deer that heard sounds in the distance. Dakarai had made clear what his mission was to the other but didn't say anything this time. In fact, he seemed to be a bit distracted at the moment. The other other person to not say anything was Callop. The young boy looked gloomy at the moment, a sharp contrast with the playful canine that keeps trying to cheer him up. Cécilia was tempted to ask them what was wrong, but figured out that they needed to think at the moment. She wasn't going to stop them.

"I shall find the creature that made me this way, and I will entrap it so that I can improve the magical arts for generations to calm. Such unbridled power is aiming to be tamed, put to use to benefit the world over! I have been given a great opportunity, a body that need not rest. I am prepared to spend an eternity so that I may make the greatest discovery that history will know. I... cannot drink this. So you will have to accept me just waving the glass around unfortunately."

Gawain then spoke up, and everyone in the room went quiet for a second. He explained his mission to the others, which sent shivers down the spine of the younger warriors in the party. Cécilia gave the undead sorcerer an awkward smile, still unsure what to think of Gawain's encounter with the creature that had destroyed his face and made him undead. But the truth is that his skills are that of legend, and his expertise was going to help the party a lot. She only hoped that his mission to destroy this creature wouldn't involve the party - She also chuckled a bit as Gawain awkwardly raised his mug of wine. As did most of the party.

"I quest for the honor of family and home! I will take what treasures await, and build... a school. A sword school! For warriors! To bring even more honor! also a regular school. For letters and arithmetic."

The voice of the Minotavur caught everyones attention, the man that had been just recruited by Cécilia had joined them, much to her enjoyment. Paulin looked at the Minotavur and murmured sometimes to himself before taking another drink. Alberto, who was still having a casual chat with Korzhev, looking at Petro with suspicion at first. But then he gave the young bull a smile. "Welcome to the party then, my friend... May this venture bring honor to your family! Also... I have a lot of respect for teachers." Indeed, Cécilia agreed with that quite a lot. In Eranoire, teaching and tutoring is something reserved for children of higher class, but some cultures across Gea create schools or small places of learning, spreading knowledge freely without discriminating for class or strata. "I can tell you right now, my friend... we will get along just fine." she said, while giving the Minotaur a friendly smile.

For last, it was Grunde, who muttered a few words towards Cécilia. The scholar looked at her friend who had grown quite a lot on size by now. She simply gave them a smile, and gently caressed them. Rubbing her fingers gently on the surface of the slime. "...It's okay to not know. Nobody knows what is ahead of us, my sweet friend... But remember, regardless of the future ahead of us... remember that I will always be ready to help you, Grunde." If she could without ruining her clothes, she'd hug her friend. "You've been a blessing to my research and... honestly, having you around only brightens my day." Cécilia stoped herself, otherwise she could spend minutes talking about how awesome Grunde was for her.

"Well then..." she said, while still petting Grunde. "I can only hope that every single one of you achieves your dreams after this adventure... Thank you so much for doing this with me..." Cécilia looked at her amulet for a moment before looking back at the party. "Ehem... now... I believe we have a celebration to finish!" she said while lifting her mug of wine again. The party cheered before continuing to feast throughout the evening and sometime into the night itself. Every single of of the group was given a bed at the Happy Goblin, courtesy of the Inn Keepers who were enjoying the copious amount of silver that Cécilia had payed them thus far! It was now time to let the body recover its energies, for tomorrow starts the adventure that will change everything.

END OF PROLOGUE

Last edited:
Chapter 1: Waterham
CHAPTER 1: TO THE NORTH

It was very early in the morning as the people of Eran started their daily communes. Inside the Happy Goblin, Cécilia slowly woke up. She could feel a knot in her stomach, consumed with worry and concern. Fear that this expedition might end in ruin. She did not want to share these feelings with anyone, not even Grunde. Fearing that it might affect the performance of others if they knew that she had little trust in their abilities. While she was not a religious person, she was a follower of the Cult of Gods, so she made a small prayer to the Goddess Gaia and all the Gods of the Gea. Hoping that they will listen to her prayers, and ensure the success of the expedition.

In another room, Ser Alberto sat comfortable on his bed. Examining his blade and polishing his armor best he could. He was the first one to come out of the inn, enjoying the little free time he had before amassing at Castle Le'Noire. He went to the stables that were near the western gate of Eran. It was so early that the ostler that had helped him yesterday was not here yet. The knight waited for about ten minutes before the young ostler appeared. The peasant boy looked at the knight, and gave him an understanding nod. He walked to the stables and unlocked the gate, leading a grey stallion out of it. "Ah... Pedro, my good boy." said the old knight while gently petting the horses snout. "How much was it for the night, stable boy?" he asked while rubbing his face against the horses. "Hm? 'tis only 5 silver, m'lord..." Alberto looked at the ostler and decided to give him ten silver. "I can tell that you groomed him well! So I believe you deserve an extra bonus for taking good care of Pedro." The peasant's eyes lit up as he watched the silver coins fall on his hands. "Je vous remercie Monsieur!" shouted the boy as Alberto and Pedro slowly walked away from the stables. Castle Le'Noire was their destination.

"...And the Duke of Vaugeois insists that the taxes of the village of Piaget should go to him, something the Count of Beaugendre disputes since the land is still on his territory. I believe that Duke Égide Peltier is trying to abuse every single decree of the Empire to annex more of the land of Beaugendre. I personally believe that the biggest problem is the fact that the Duke could use his extensive network of petty nobles and small houses to spread rumors against you. my lord." Emperor Leshy d'Toulie-Laflèche simply sat there in utter silence, his tired eyes drifting away from the stout councilor standing in front of him. Next to him was Crown Prince Raynauld d'Toulie-Laflèche, who noticed that his brother was uninterested in the conversation. He looked at the nobleman, trying to look professional. "I uh... continue, sir."

The portly little man eyed the Emperor for a moment before continuing. "...Your majesty, we had problems with some of the other nobles... The Marquess of Longchambon went on a bit of rampage, performing the... Droit du seigneur." The Emperor closed his eyes as a frown appeared on his youthful face. "...He went to two villages, one that in the territory of Longchambon... but the other borders the lands of Duchess Inès Beaulieu... It is said that... he killed a woman there. The Duchess wants the Marquess to be brought to justice, but as you know, the Marquess is part of house d'Toulie-Durand... A branch of your family house... This would br-"

"Enough."

"I... I beg your pardon my lord?" asked the noble as Leshy looked at him straight in the eye. "I tire of this nonsense. It feels like I am ruling over a bunch of spoiled children! And by Gaia's sake... a 'lord's right' night? For Gods sake!" As the Emperor ranted, he began coughing a bit of blood on the mattress beneath him. Raynauld quickly jumped in to help his brother. "Please... sire, our Emperor needs rest." he said while holding his brother's hand. "A...as you wish... sire."

As the noble left the Emperor bedroom, Leshy huffed and clutched the sheets beneath him. "A droit du seigneur?! Such barbaric traditions should have ended when the Mad Emperor died! Exedum take them all!" As he shouted, he puked a more blood into the bed. "G-gah... and now... Dukes and Counts want to fight wars against each other... Almost as if they have forgotten about the sky changing shape and monsters being spawned from thin air ten years ago!" Raynauld looked away for a moment, before giving his brother a hug. "...Leshy, please calm down. This will only worsen your condition." The Emperor went quiet for a moment since it had been a while after the last time his brother had hugged him. "...Yes, I am sorry brother... I just... these nobles and their petty squabbles. It's infuriating." Raynauld nodded. "...I don't envy your place at all."

Leshy gave his brother a smile. "Well, get ready... A few years more, and you'll be sitting on the throne that I can't use." Raynauld returned him the smile. "I better get ready..." said Leshy as he tried to get off the bed. "For what?" asked his brother while helping his older brother off the bed. "...Did you forget brother? In a few minutes, I'll be sending the Expeditionary Company off. I am very excited for it." A few maids entered the room to help the Emperor dress, and his brother also helped him get into more noble clothing. "...If this works, my brother... there'll be many great stories about them and us. This is an important day... not only for Eranoire, but all of Gea." Raynauld didn't exactly agree with the importance of this expedition, but perhaps, some use will come out of it in the future.

"Sire...?" asked a steward who entered the room with a silver tray with pastries and tea. "The clerks have been dispatched and everything is ready. I believe the Oracle and the High Priest will be arriving in a few moment." he said while putting the tray down. "Excellent, my good man! Most excellent!"

More minutes had passed, and the members of the company were awakening. Preparing themselves to to head to Castle Le'Noire. The main company was being led by Cécilia, who seemed to be in a better mood now. She waited until everyone was down in the main part of the tavern. The only ones that were missing were Alberto and Dakarai, but a warrior in the company told her that both men had left earlier at different times to get their mounts. Knowing this, she relaxed and asked everyone to follow her. Luckily the other members of the company that didn't stay in the Happy Goblin were already waiting in Castle Le´Noire.

Outside in the streets, everyone in the company noticed several Imperial Clerks moving about the city. Placing decorations and organizing lines of Eranoiran soldats and Eranoiran militia across the streets. Clearly in preparation for a parade. City criers began ringing their bells to gather the attention and attendance of everyone in the city. Cécilia knew there was going to be a ceremony, but a parade? It seemed a bit too much for her, but some members of the company seemed to enjoy the idea quite a lot.

After a few minutes of walking down the streets of Eran, they arrived at the gate of Castle Le'Noire. In front of it were a few of the other members such as the two Dvërgr as well as Dakarai and his strange beast mount, which gathered the attention and worry of everyone around, and Ser Alberto and his grey stallion, who waved at the party as they arrived. Just as the last few men arrived at the gate, it opened for them to get inside. The party was welcomed by Captain Védevel, who gave every a respectful bow.

The courtyard to the castle was far more busy than yesterday, as there were twice the number of soldiers standing there. Which were going to join the group in the parade until they were out of the city. There was also several nobles of small houses, all of them talking about the non-human members of the party. Fingers were pointed and laughter could be heard from the dumber ones, but discriminatory comments and jokes were not rare either. "Alright everyone!" shouted Védevel. "Form three lines! You are about to receive your blessings from the Oracle of Eran and the High Priest of St. Lucius."

As everyone took their spot on the lines, two men emerged from the crowd of nobles. An Oracle of the Cult of Gods and the High Priest of the Cult of Gaia. While the slight majority of Eranoire worships Gaia as the one and true Goddess of the world, Eranoire was a large empire that housed many minor faiths and many temples to the Cult of Gods. Religious turmoil was extremely common for generations until the father of Emperor Leshy, Emperor Claudel II, organized the Council of Vaugeois. A decree was instituted that Eranoire would respect all faiths and the condition that no Emperor or noble of the Empire will show preference for either cult. Because of this, royal events like this required the blessing of two priests.

The Oracle wore simple aqua-blue clothing that was akin to a toga, but he had a few elements of Eranoiran clothing as well. The man gave a speech about the importance of worshiping and fearing the Gods' judgement. He then began chanting something in what seemed to be Old Martorian, the official language of the Cult of Gods. The High Priest on the other hand, was wearing rich clothing and habits with a point clerical hat resting on top of his bald head. The man gave a speech about Gaia's love and how she will protect you in the journey ahead of you. He then began spraying blessed water on you. It was a strange experience, especially for those that were agnostic.

After the rites were done, the Captain and his royal Dragoons joined the company. "We will be escorting you out of the city now." said Védevel with a smile on his face. Cécilia was a bit confused. She couldn't see the Emperor anywhere. "What about the Emperor? I thought..." Védevel quickly interrupted her. "Do not worry, you'll see him on the way to the Northern gate..." as he finished speaking, he noticed that the preperations were done now. Behind the company, there were ten sturdy mules and five horses. Several carriages and carts were attached to the mules, carrying valuable supplies such as food and water. While some of the men in the company sat down on the driver's seat of the carts, Sentry took the opportunity to rest her Anvil on one of them.

While concerned that they would not be seeing the Emperor before leaving, Cécilia agreed to follow the captain. She looked at everyone behind her and gave them a smile and a nod. "It... it is time, my friends!" She tried her best to not cry out of joy as the company began marching out of Castle Le'Noire, escorted by the company of Soldats and Dragoons. As they leave the castle behind, they begin hearing the cheers of the Eranoiran people. The city was decorated with the banners of the Empire and the banners of the Cartographers Guild everywhere. The Soldats and Dragoons then began to chant the anthem of Eranoire, and they were joined by the peasants and commoners watching the parade. From the rooftops and balconies, women and children began throwing flowers at the company. Some were even throwing copper or silver coins at them, a sign of good luck for Eranoirans.

As the company marched through the street, they neared a manor known for housing most members of the Emperors noble house. House d'Toulie-Laflèche. From the balcony, the Emperor waves at the party with a big smile on his sickly face. The sight of the Emperor so far from the Imperial palace stuns the commoners and peasants, who cheer and call for his name as he waves at every single one of the group. "Remember, my friends! You are about to embark on an adventure unlike any other... Might Gaia and all the Gods bless you!" he shouted while the clerks next to him threw rose petals on the party. Every peasant and commoner on the sidewalks waves at the group, and gave them their blessings and hopes for a safe travel. It must have felt strange for some, being in the eyes of so many people and yet they were all wishing them well. It's almost as if they had forgotten that some of them were not even human to begin with.

Captain Védevel looked at Cécilia and gave her a respectful nod. "...Eranoire has high hopes for this expedition. I wish you the best... and please, take care of the kid while you are out there." he said while eyeing Callop a few metters behind. Cécilia gave the man a nod and a smile. "Of course... and thank you, captain." As she finished thanking them, she could see the Northern Gate not far from here. The captain gave everyone one last look and a nod, before walking away alongside his Dragoons. The escort of soldats continued marching until they were at the gate, before they saluted every single one of the group as they exited the city. People still waving and cheering them on from the vast farmlands surrounding Eran.

As the company continued marching down the Northern Road, slowly but surely the fields began disappearing and the sight of human houses and settlement became rarer. Cécilia stopped everyone for a moment, walking up a hill near the road to look at the sight ahead of them. A single tear fell down her cheek. "I am finally doing this..." She then looked at the party, pointing at the sight ahead of her. "...WE are doing this... Bienvenue dans les champs de verdure!"

Eranoiran_Plains.jpg

Cheering, chanting, flowers being thrown from the roofs of the taller houses, all these things were both somewhat overwhelming and awkward for the hobalfar, as he's been on a low-profile pretty much for the entirety of his life, but for the most part, it felt underserved as he's yet to do anything worth praise. But whatever the case, it was good to see the Eranoirian being so cheerful and optimistic as it made Syll feel more motivated, at least a little bit beyond his own selfish ambitions.

After getting out of the city, Syllannan hopped on the back of one of the wagons, and proceeded to take a small tome from his belongings, The Tangibility of Metaphysics - Charlotte Schreiber had written on it's cover. It was an intermediate book that detailed the multi-layered steps of how raw mana passed through one's body, changing in nature multiple times until it ended in the form of what the caster had desired, as well as documenting the multiple experiments done by the author, Syll had read this book dozens of times and absorbed almost every bit of information it had to heart, yet gave it a re-read every now and then as it was relaxing, specially with how much he related to Charlotte, who went through many struggles in order to have a grasp on the topic.

Despite his calm demeanor, he was actually quite excited to see what would lie ahead, you know what they say: "those who seek wisdom tend to find trouble" and trouble was exactly what he felt he needed.

Last edited:
While the celebrations around her resumed as they left the city, Gsera was left to deal with grogginess and a hangover that made her feel like her head was pounding from the inside as she sat in one of the many wagons in the caravan that made its way out of the city and into the plains. Over time she started to get better as she drank plenty of water and sobered up completely, and by that point she was able to properly enjoy the vista around her. The scenery was beautiful, and with many more to come Gsera couldn't wait to see the rest of what the outside world had to offer.

She hopped out of the wagon to walk about the plains barefoot, feeling the grass and dirt under her feet which brought about a happy grin plastered onto her visage as she walked amongst the group. She almost wanted to go out and fly in this clear sky, but restrained herself as she had to remember where she was and who she was with. None of them knew who, or rather what, she was and she needed to keep that a secret lest she risk everything. She was content to walk on the grass in the meantime alongside the caravan, humming a tune as she watched her surroundings with glee.

Zen

Zen woke up inside a barrel. He didn't know what happened last night but someone must have drugged him unconscious! Zen soared into the sky, at least he intended to but instead he kissed the ceiling of Happy Goblin. Cursing his luck, he immediately glanced his surrounding and saw various mercenaries laying about. Zen didn't bother with them as he jumped onto the eatery's window frame and fly into the sky, this time for real. He spent some time sobering himself up with fresh air before landing in castle Le'Noire together with several other members of the expedition. Zen was surprised at how grandiose the preparation was for their departure. The emperor really did want to hype up this expedition, huh. It made him uneasy looking at how much the emperor was banking into this expedition.

As everyone from the expedition reunited, they were asked to line up to receive some blessing. Zen followed obediently but he was clearly unfamiliar with all these rites. Zen must actively restrain himself to not dodge the priest's water and he let out a sigh of relief after the rites was over.

Finally, departure! Zen actually wanted to perch on top of one of the carriage. He enjoys feeling the wind while being on the lookout, but with these much people looking? Just no. If someone throws a shuriken at him now he wouldn't be able to notice it before it's too late. He decided to sat inside the carriage until they walked out of the city.

Sentry awoke same as she had done from many other feasts. In a bed that she didn't remember laying in and in a room she didn't remember paying for. By the sound of it, it was the same inn. Her neck and bones cracked as she got up and stretched while sitting in the bed. With one hand she rubbed her forehead, trying to remember what else she drank and as she let the other drop in bed. It however bumped on something. Turning her head, the barbarian noticed a mount on the mattress under the covers. And it was snoring!

With a pull, she revealed what was under the cover. It was one of the dwarfs. Suddenly she remembered what had happened. They got into a drinking contest and the ale flowed live a river until they were both under the table. Looks like their companions had taken care of the rest. Still though, this one had a cute bushy beard. Almost a shame to disturb this little angel's slumber. Light taps didn't work, so she did what any sane person she knew did. She slapped him on the bald spot an it worked. 'Ey, stumpy. Get up! We have an expedition to get to.'

Minutes later, she was down near the carriages, carrying the anvil and the dwarf tailing behind her to join his brethren. She loaded up the chunk of metal and hopped on herself. As fun as the night was, she couldn't wait to get out of the city. The sendoff was nice and all, but she barely paid attention long enough to wave to a few people. The thought of what may lay ahead filled her thoughts. At one point, she just jumped off as the sitting around wasn't suiting her and just started walking alongside the caravan. The blue skies and green hills gave her a certain peace of mind, but she knew it was only a matter of time before trouble came looking for them. But it was best not to spook the others with such talk. Not while the excitement still lasted.

Gawain didn't sleep, his new form seemingly above the need for it at this point. Yet it did him well to quietly meditate, reading over his own spell book throughout the entire night even as the party steadily died down around him. By the time the mid-morning light was seeping into the tavern he stood up from his seat and began to make ready for the departure. The fact that the expedition leaving was deserving of such fanfare struck him as odd. Sure the mission was sponsored by the king, but he could not help but feel that the celebrations were slightly overblown.

When they were all loaded up and leaving, the skull-headed wizard chose to sit in the back of the caravan, actually taking a spot near Syll as he pondered quietly to himself. Though in those moments both Sentry and Gsera had hopped out of the caravan and began walking alongside it, causing Gawain to tilt his head before examining the horizon and their surroundings. The caravan wasn't moving all that fast then... This could turn out to be a long journey indeed at this rate. "Hrmnh... Makes one wonder why they even bothered to pay for the caravan when you think on it." he muttered aloud, turning his head to Syll and his book. "Ah, that is a good read you have there young fellow. A subject matter quite dear to me, given the theorems I would produce on the subject. The energies we process from our surroundings and how we exert them back on the world... all so very fascinating." Gawain reminisced openly.

Unlike the majority of the patrons in the Happy Goblin, Kastalli did not wake with a splitting headache. That definitely did not mean she woke feeling refreshed though. A mixture of anxiety and excitement kept the half-Rakshasa awake throughout the night. Tossing and turning in her own bed, she had no choice but to occupy her mind by practicing the fiddle that Devereaux had gifted her - as quietly as possible of course. It was an entirely unique instrument compared to her bell but it produced interesting tunes nonetheless. Kastalli wasn’t quite sure when she ended practice to get some sleep but it was clear she must have passed out as she woke up cradling the instrument in her arms. Not long after she gathered her equipment, she joined the rest of the group downstairs. Looking among the fellow members, she couldn’t help but notice that a few were missing. Perhaps a couple early risers? It didn’t seem to bother Cécilia though so she figured the missing few would rejoin them eventually.

Soon enough, the entire group was led out onto the streets of Eran but this time it seemed busier than usual. Word must have traveled quickly about the expedition and it was a relief that the majority of the citizens supported the efforts. The group of adventurers found themselves at Castle Le’Noire, only this time, they were no longer strangers to each other like they were a day ago. Sure, there was still much to learn about her fellow party members but she very much enjoyed everyone’s presence so far. Following Captain Védevel’s order, Kastalli stood in the rightmost line to receive the blessings. She wasn’t particularly a religious person but she was still open to the idea of learning about the unfamiliar culture. Therefore, she showed her respect and paid attention to the speeches that were given. However, Kastalli had to refrain from hissing at the High Priest when he sprayed water on her.

Once all of that was said and done, the company marched through the streets yet again. To her surprise, the citizens on rooftops and balconies began cheering while throwing flowers and coins in joy. The excitement must have rubbed off immediately on Kastalli as she tried her best to collect as many flowers thrown her way, waving and smiling back. What a wonderful way to send a group off! Of course, in her homeland there were certain rituals done to send off hunters in hopes they would bring back enough game for their village to survive the winter, but it was definitely nothing like this.

Eventually, the cheering faded, as did the buildings and worked fields, and the group was finally traveling through open terrain. There was a bit of chattering among smaller groups, conversations filled with excitement and worries about the journey ahead. Kastalli was not part of any of those conversations as she walked alongside one of the carriages, wanting to take in the beauty of the landscape by herself for the moment. Once the moment of appreciation was over though, she decided to mingle with a few of the surrounding members.

“Here you are, Syllannan!” She effortlessly leaped onto the caravan he was riding in, tucking one of the flowers she gathered behind his elven ear. “I gathered quite a few when they were being thrown at us.” Looking over to Gawain, she offered him a flower as well. “A good contrast, if I may say.” With that, Kastalli hopped off the caravan without another word, this time approaching Gsera who seemed to be appreciating the scenery alone. She tilted her head curiously as she noticed the woman was walking barefoot. “You seem to appreciate nature greatly, yes?” Kastalli smiled, handing Gsera a flower as well. “Rarely do I get to walk barefoot in my homeland as it snows quite often.”

Gsera took the flower offered by Kastalli and twirled it in her fingers before speaking. "Ah yes," Gsera replied as she took a deep breath of clear country air, "we Tuatha worship nature and all that it entails. It's all so peaceful and vibrant, especially back home. The Eonach Coillte is very representative of that nature in its purest form..." Again, she only spoke a part truth as she wasn't a Tuatha. Yet she said it with a confidence that no-one could seem to doubt really, after all who would lie about such a thing? "A beautiful place that I had to get away from, it was so... boring. It was as if I was being cloistered, you see! I wanted to see the rest of the world for what it was. They can be rather close-minded sometimes... especially father. Oh don't get me started on him!"

"He wants to stay in one place all the time and I just don't get it! How can one just stay home their entire lives when there is so much out there? I can barely sit still for the life of me and that always made my father rather upset." She then puffed up her chest and changed her strut and voice in a way to emulate being someone else: " 'Sera! What did I tell you about going out again! It's always dangerous! You need to stay safe!' Bah! Like I would!" she then giggled. "Oh... I shouldn't mock him... I know he loves me it's just... I don't think he gets it."

She then refocused the topic of conversation back to Kastalli: "You say it snows a lot? The only snow I've seen was atop the Storm Peaks back home, but I never journeyed there... only viewed afar. Must be very pretty there, yes? Your home?" she then said with a grin, expecting an answer.

Last edited:
While the company continued marching down the road, Cécilia kept staring at the view ahead of her. "It is beautiful, isn't?" asked Cécilia. She was still crying a few tears. "Indeed it is, ma'am... but save those tears. Eran is just a few kilometres behind us. Burst with joy when we arrive to the Brannorian highlands." said Ser Alberto while giving a carrot to Pedro.

Cécilia just realized that she was crying a bit, and rapidly cleaned her face, blushing a bit. "Ah... sorry, I just... never thought this was going to happen. Leading an expedition like this has always been my dream... R-Regardless, you are right ser knight. Our adventure just started... Speaking of which." Cécilia looked at the company members. Some of them were travelling in the carts, a few were walking beside them. "Might I have your attention, my friends?"

She did notice a few of the members were having a conversation, so she tried to speak clearly so that they could at least hear her. "Let me speak of the path we will take, as I have told you before... The Second Maelstrom has destroyed or simply... erased... some of the roads and my task as a cartographer is to create a detailed map which means we might derail from the roads from time to time... Luckily for us, I have an assistant to help us during the exploration of remote areas." As she finished speaking, she chanted a few words that made a cloud of glittering pink smoke appear on her hand, and from this smoke emerged something that rested on her hand. It was a diminutive dragon-like creature with beautiful insectoid wings. The creature looked at its surroundings a bit confused, before realizing that it had been summoned by Cécilia. "This is, my friends... is a Fae Ddraig. Or as they are commonly know it, a Fairy Dragon."

The Fairy Dragon looked about, not amused about his surroundings. "Fae are fickle beings, and this little guy is no different. So I pay him well to help me... You see, by summoning and paying him, he can fly around and then give me detailed mental images of areas we cannot explore due to time or due to the conditions of the area. After all, it'd be impossible for us to stretch our forces to look at every rock and copse in the middle of nowhere. Anyways, I digress... What I am trying to say is that, since there are no fully established paths in our journey, it'll take us several days to reach our destinations." Ser Alberto looked at the Fae creature with curiosity. The Fairy was uninterested in the knight however, and more interested in the fellow Fae travelling with them. Looking directly at Fauxs.

"Hmm... if you don't mind me ask, m'lady... Where are we heading now then?" asked Paulin, who was sitting on another cart peeling an apple. "Ah, I thought I told you? Dear Gaia, I need to remember I am leading you guys... We will not explore a lot of the northern Eranoiran countryside. In fact... we are heading the independent city of Waterham. Anyone ever been there?" Alberto seemed to flinch a bit when hearing that name again. "...Waterham. That's the Hob city... Never met a group of people as rude as them." Cécilia nodded. "...I know, but still... stopping in Waterham is the best option we have before heading into Brannoria. Besides... it'd help to write a bit about the oldest independent city of Helmos."

"Still, it'll be a long travel to get to Waterham since the roads are screwed. We can't follow the coastline either... Might take us a week there." said the old knight while looking at the horizon. "Indeed... but luckily, we have enough supplies to last us for at least 2 months of marching!" said Cécilia with a smile on her face. "Say... does anyone have a question now that we are travelling? Don't be shy!"

"Ah, that is a good read you have there young fellow. A subject matter quite dear to me, given the theorems I would produce on the subject. The energies we process from our surroundings and how we exert them back on the world... all so very fascinating."

Syll felt a slight chill once he realized Gawain's prescence, while he's heard the undead wizard's story and overall seemed like a decent fellow, he couldn't completely shake off the eerie feeling of Gawain's "aura", it was filled with tainted mana due to it's necromantic nature. These auras were something that most magically attuned could sense, it is essentially a trace or echo of a mage's history of spellcasting, and Syllannan was good at perceiving them, in contrast to Gawain's tainted raw aura, the others in the group showed more variety:

Cécilia's aura was similar to his own, raw yet controlled and calculated, which was to be expected of a scholar.
Grunde's was close to that as well, except it felt a lot wilder, probably because magic was part of the creature's nature.
Korzhev's and Gsera's aura had that distinct feeling of the wild, nature in it's truest state, although Gsera's specifically was also slightly off for some reason.
Kastalli had a harmonious and soothing aura, very distinctive of those who carried power in their music
Dakarai's aura, Syll didn't really have a tangible way of describing it, but it was close to how he would feel near priests or clerics.
Sentry also had a distinct and hard-to-describe aura, at first he was surprised about it, but it made sense when she revealed herself to be a Runeseeker, folks who Syllannan was not exactly familiar with.

The elf snapped out of his deep thinking, it was quite rude of him to not respond to Gawain.

"it is a great read indeed, this is one of my favorite books really, i am a big fan of Miss Scrheiber's way of getting her points across, and the very topic of metaphysics is very important, specially with those like me who struggle in several fields"

Just as he was following up on Gawain's engaging of casual talk, he noticed an approaching figure getting on to the wagon, and well if it wasn't Kastalli the feline lady! it was a pleasure for Syll to talk and dance with her last night, even if he still felt somewhat guilty of his clumsy mistake. Once again not much time to think as a sudden hand placed a lavender-colored flower on his ear.

“I gathered quite a few when they were being thrown at us.”

He was a bit surprised by the gesture, as he was still not completely accostumed to the half-Rakshasa's friendly actions, but he was grateful of the kind gesture nonetheless.

"These flowers are quite lovely, they must have been grown in a well-cared garden" he glanced at the flower on his ear out of the corner of his eye "and i do believe this color suits me well" he said in a somewhat playful tone. He then waved at her as she left to spread her friendship with the others.

Afterwards he couldn't help but overhear Cécilia speaking with a few others nearby, she seemed really overjoyed about this journey, she's surely dreamed of doing this for a long time, getting the full support of the emperor himself must also be quite encouraging. He also heard about their next destination, Waterham, and unfortunately Syll couldn't say he was very familiar with the city as he only stepped in there a few times, most of them over a decade ago when he helped a friend with with trading some goods, and recently it was to restock supplies during his travels over the last several months.

Petrocoles was still somewhat dazed from the sudden change in his circumstances. First he had been wandering on an unfruitful quest, then the festive-like atmosphere of the bar had swept him up. Now he walked with this band of adventurers. And the parade... he had seen nothing like it before! So many people and soldiers, cheering and laughter. The city itself seemed alive. They had been blessed by priests, and he even caught a glimpse of the local ruler, their emperor. He didn't seem much like a warrior, but perhaps that was because he also looked unwell. The knights were a sight to behold, and for much of the parade they kept his attention as he examined their armor, weapons, and proud war mounts.

Once outside the city limits as they trekked into the countryside, Petrocoles realized he had a flower garland hanging from one of his horns. He remembered it landing there by chance, but then he had forgotten it, and now that his daze was over he remembered it again. The fragrance of the light blue-purple flowers, with broad optimistic petals, caused him to wrinkle his nose in contentment. They smelled quite nice. And the color was superb. Had he been back home, grandmother would have loved to grind the petals into a dye to help him color his pottery. Perhaps he could save them somehow so they wouldn't wilt.

Cécilia introduced her fae friend, a little dragon-like creature that seemed especially full of pride. Or perhaps arrogance. It could be difficult to tell the difference. She spoke of their destination, and he was unfamiliar with this 'Waterham.' The old human knight seemed displeased with this to some extent, and commented on the rudeness of the citizenry there.

With a slight huff (to take in the fragrance of the beautiful flowers hanging from his horns), Petrocoles spoke up. "Will there be a fight ahead? At this Water-ham? Are they swine herders?" There were many herders near the mountains, mostly goats and cattle, but some swine, too, and the swine herders were always as surly as their unwieldy porkers that ate everything.

As the night passed and everyone went to bed (either normally, passing out, or in other particular manners), Devy found himself staying up through the night. It was normal for him, really. He tended to remain wide awake well into the night. He did at least stay in his room till everyone had gone to sleep, before slipping out of the tavern to make his way onto the roof. He enjoyed it up there, in places like this. Gazing up at the stars, gently plucking away on his lute and singing softly to himself or humming. Something that stuck with him all the way from his early childhood to now...and one of the few things his mother passed onto him that he actually enjoyed.

Eventually, morning came, and he slipped back down off the roof before heading back to his room in the tavern. His things were gathered and stored away , and he found himself carrying really only his lute in hand as the rest of his gear was on his back. In truth, he needed a horse. Or a carriage. But now wasn't the time to worry about such things. On to the castle he traveled, and prepared himself for what lay ahead in the day.

The ceremony at the castle was quite interesting. Not being one for godly things, having his own personal problems with the lot of them, he at least respectfully stood still and listened as the priest and Oracle did their thing. The splash of water didn't bother him, but shortly after leaving the castle with the others did he wipe the water from his mask. He wouldn't do that in front of a priest. It'd be rude...and to some, heretical.

The fun part was the ride through the city to the gates. Cheering, flowers, it was a proper parade! He climbed onto the back of the carriage, waving and striking fancy bows as he caught a few of the flowers wreaths to wear around his neck. "THANK YOU!~" he called out to a woman whom had tossed him a lovely wreath, which he promptly slipped around his neck with the others. And before long, they had left the city and farmlands behind. They were out in the wild, now. And needed to be prepared for wild things...and sometimes wild people.

He kept his bow and arrows nearby in the carriage he sat upon, while laid back and lightly strumming on his lute again. He sang softly, not wishing to disturb those carrying on their conversations and such. He did notice how excited Cécilia about this expedition, which made him smile. Hopefully she, and the others, would enjoy this extensive journey through the world. She made mention of their next stop, the city of Waterham. He had been there quite a few times, but never sticking around long enough to experience the Hobs as they normally were to others.

After a few moments, he decided peek over the side of the carriage at the others walking next to it. Gsera and Kastalli were talking about their homes...and walking barefoot. An odd topic, but he decided to continue listening in as he strummed his lute ever softly.

Last edited:
If Gsera's homeland was so beautiful, why did she want to leave it? She wouldn't consider the place being boring as an excuse to leave, surely her family and friends must miss her dearly. It wasn't Kastalli's place to judge though as she left her own home as well but for different reasons. At the sudden impression of her father, she blinked in confusion at first before chuckling along. It would seem an overprotective father was something they both had in common. Kastalli's family was very close-knit and while they understood her reasons to leave, they still expressed their concerns with her leaving. If the Skæg was their second destination on this expedition, she couldn't help but wonder if she would get the chance to see her family again. "It would seem most fathers are protective over their daughters." She murmured in agreement.

Before she could answer Gsera's question, Cécilia addressed the group about which direction they would take and revealed a Fae Ddraig, explaining it would serve useful to exploring regions they wouldn't be able to. As impressed as she was, she didn't want to keep Gsera waiting for an answer.

"Yes, my homeland is quite beautiful if you can get past the harsh winters." Kastalli knew all too well that the cold regions weren't for everyone. Even Saito could hardly stand the snow which was why he insisted on them traveling to warmer areas. She let out a weak chuckle at the thought of it. "When I met my husband, it was obvious he was not from Skæg. The poor man was freezing his tail off with light clothing in the dead of winter. One would think traveling north during winter, you'd anticipate snow but he used to write it off as an excuse to get me to help him."

Sometime throughout the night, after maybe a considerable amount of wine, Korzhev had fallen asleep in his chair, his head cushioned by an empty plate. Only when he came to in the morning did he remember that there was somewhere he needed to be, and he had somewhere to go. He remembered the journey and also his companions from the previous night. Surely they didn’t leave without me?

He stretched his limbs, then hopped off the chair, scanning the room for his staff, that lay forgotten in one corner of the tavern. He also checked the little pouches filled with herbs at his waist and nodded in satisfaction. His map too, now reduced to a mere keepsake was still on his person. Seeing that he still had all of his belongings, he exited the tavern and made his way towards the castle, where he found the rest of the group.

He joined one of the lines as well, the one in the middle, in order to receive a sort of blessing, perplexed to a degree. As far as he was concerned, that was not at all how blessings were received, or given by that matter! Making an offering to the god you needed a blessing from, then chanting a short prayer, then reading through the signs left by said god in order to see whether or not the blessing was granted seemed much closer to reality. Even more perplexing was the fact that nobody seemed to mind lining up, only to be splashed with water as while listening to a nonsensical speech, that Korzhev had tuned out early on. The ones carrying out that ceremony, dressed in loose robes that made them look akin to a tall clump of fabric also!

Seeing that this was clearly not the time to discuss how to carry out a proper rite, he simply stared at the priest when his turn had come, with what Korzhev hoped was a blank look, but he could not entirely erase the contempt from his face.

On the way to the city gates, they were met with cheers, flowers raining down on them. The ones he managed to catch, he had actually stuffed into one his pouches, a handful of daisies androse petals, occasionally waving as he passed, uttering a cheerful ‘why, thanks!’

Once outside of the city, he chose to walk alongside the caravans, sneaking a look now and again at the vast green plains stretching before them. Undoubtedly a gorgeous sight, but not enough to take his mind off of the men from earlier, who had splashed water on him and wished him a safe journey. Hah! Certainly, any of his brothers, where they there in his stead, would have cursed him to violent vertigo, for the cheek they showed!

A few ways away from him, he noticed a rather interesting individual, or rather, Korzhev had noticed the flowers hanging from his horns. A perfect distraction from the nasty thoughts he was having. He quickened his pace until he reached the Minotavur, hurriedly waved at him in greeting as well and then his mouth ran.

“Oh my, quite a practical use you’ve found for those horns of yours, eh? They’ll dry in no time, I bet! Would be just perfect for a fresh brew! But, until then, they look quite good on you,like branches in full bloom, your horns, I mean! Ah, I don’t believe I’ve caught your name, care to tell me it? Although he’d stop to take a breath after blurting all of that out, only to continue, just as Cecilia mentioned where they would be headed to and he heard the knight mention the people there weren’t the most hospitable type. Huh.

“Think they’ll threaten us with weapons by the entrance? Surely a few could be hexed, but the rest? Let’s hope nothing happens to those horns, would be a shame! I’d hate to see what you might do them also!” Korzhev hoped, that his rambling wasn’t too overwhelming.

Gawain's aura was a strange mix of that of a scholar and one tainted by necromancy and otherworldly forces, were Syll perceptive enough he may be picking up on a third, unknown element to the undead wizard's aura. "The mark of a good teacher is how well they can convey their thoughts to a complete simpleton, I say." he responded with a curt nod, though soon put up a hand defensively. "... Not to say that I think that you are a simpleton, far from it. It's a skill that I say I haven't completely mastered yet. I took on many an apprentice in my time, yet on expeditions they would paraphrase questions I had already answered for them numerous times. It got to the point where it stood in the way of my discoveries and the work we were doing - so I would eventually just give up and tune them out for the remainder of the excursion."

A lone finger went to Gawain's boney chin for a second. Best not inform the young lad about what became of his apprentices when he didn't pay close attention to them. A lot of walking into magical traps, being displaced between planes of existence, devoured by beasts. All unfortunate and probably unavoidable losses.

His own thinking was broken by Kastalli offering him a flower, which he took into his hands and twirled it about its stem for a moment or so as he looked at it. "Hm. How very kind of you." the wizard says, probing the stem to rest within his hood for a while. Their expeditionary leader showed her familiar to the group before sending it off to scout ahead, Gawain appreciating the display so he knew not to be wary of that creature flying about as a potential enemy spy or something of that nature.

"Where was I? Ah yes, fine author, fine subject. I do have a theorem relating to the field but as I alluded to it's probably written a little bit too disjointed and complex for your tastes. A rather dry read, unfortunately."

"Hear us close, Brother Ageypticus.

After much discussion regarding Brother Tenerensis' choice in selecting thou to take his place - alongside the thoughts of Her Grace - everyone in this room had come to the very agreement that thou - Dakarai Sarconocis Aegypticus - shall embark upon the 'Great Journey' alone with Her Grace's blessings. By agreeing to this role, no doubt thou understand the upmost importance that this task will have in terms of your devotion and faith towards our Benevolent Grace. And no doubt do thou understand how long and dangerous this trek will be. For few had ever succeeded in completing the "Great Journey" alive, yet all knew the risks in doing so. Thou shall explore the world; thou shall learn the cultures abroad; thou shall smite the forces of evil wherever they lurk; and thou shall hopefully bring yourself closer towards thou's ancestors in the name of Her Grace. Completing these tasks shall knight thou as the new Oracle of the Order - and be the first to be crowned as such in over 300 years. We shall send a runner to notify of our decision to the High Council in Duku."

"The only thing we give to aid in thoust journey are the "Odyssey Texts" - a collection of notes, maps, and information handed down from past oracles to aid thou in the locations of holy places interests past ventures had come across. Whilst not required to visit all seen here, thou are required to visit at least some upon the requests of Her Grace and honor our fallen ancestors. Gather anything that thou deem of interest and new knowledge. And when thou feel like thou gathered as much as you could, return here to the Monastery or back to Duku with thoust findings. There they shall be looked upon and judged whether or not your coronation shall be authorized."

"Now rise, Brother Aegypticus and go forth. May we hope that thou return safely and connect with thoust ancestors. Praise be Her Grace."

Despite being a little late to the grand ceremony - having overslept just a tad too long - Dakarai was able to catch up to the expedition group in haste. He rode upon a great horned beast the native Sobekans called an "Emela-ntouka" - an omnivorous rhino-sized quadruped native to the jungles of Duku. Named Saadah by one of the Sisters, the bull was the only one out of three that had survived the Order's trip towards Eranoire several months prior, the rest having succumbed to the desert. One suffocated during a terrible sandstorm, while the other died of thirst. They were usually reliable mounts in grasslands and jungles, as they had plenty of food to forage, however they weren't the best mounts to have when crossing the sand dunes up north. Yet Sadaah's survival had rewarded him the name and plenty of fruit for his service. And now he served Dakarai's holy mission upon the "Great Journey", adorning a mahogany saddle with white gold-patterned cloth draping on his back. Even golden hoops adorned his massive frontal horn, which no doubt would intimidate anyone unfamiliar with the beast. Overall, Sadaah was a proud mount that could protect both Dakarai and the party from bandits or other terrible beasts that threatened to cross their path.

Dakarai was also prepared for their overall destination to Brannoria and Skæg, with thick fur coats being rolled on the back of Saadah. His cold-blooded metabolism couldn't produce the same amount of heat the way warm-bloods could, for if he got too cold he would no doubt be slower and weaker. Harsh winters were more dangerous to Sobekans compared to most, going so far as to be death sentences to those ill-prepared. But for the time being, the overall temperature was pleasant enough. According to Cecilia, their next destination was the city of Waterham before heading into Brannoria. Sadaah gave a simple grunt as they walked beside the carriage that Gsera and Kastalli were by.

Last edited:
The fairy dragon was of interest to Gsera who examined the creature as it was summoned by Cecilia. While it somewhat resembled her, it didn't quite compare due to its dimunitive size as well as its innate nature. Still, she couldn't resist giving a silent and friendly wave to it before returning to her conversation with Kastalli. "Ah... your husband is not from where you are? What brought him there?" Gsera then asked curiously, a bit of gossip wouldn't hurt she thought. The backdrop for such a conversation was also rather quaint, the faint strumming from Devy along with the beautiful scenery brought about a sense of serenity to the scene as they continued to walk.

Callop was one of the few sober ones after the Happy Goblin incident. One by one, company members started to leave and go to their respective resting places while some slept where they sat the whole day. Callop called Fauxs to come over and decided to follow a few members walking towards an inn in which Callop and Fauxs stayed in as well to get some rest.

As morning came, Fauxs jumped on Callop's bed, attempting to wake him up in which did. The boy sat up from his bed, caressing Fauxs while greeting him a good morning. They both then prepared to set off to the meeting place where everyone gathered. Meeting everyone crowding together once again, the two joined in, silently following where the company will go. As they walked down the streets of Eranoire, Callop started to feel like a true adventure is about to unfold in this journey of his, seeing the bustling sea of people and the formalities happening all around, He couldn't help but feel excited. While walking down their path, Callop also felt a gaze pass by him, he looked around and saw Cecilia and the captain discussing something while eyeing him as well, but he was too riled up to bother what it was about.

Cabins and houses slowly started to disappear, being replaced by the smell of dew on the grass and the soft blow of the wind. Soon after, Cecilia stopped the company for a moment, introducing another friend she had that would accompany the journey along the way; a fairy dragon. For a moment, Callop saw this creature looking directly at Fauxs which resulted in him to see Fauxs reaction who was merely staring right back at it. "You can approach your friend if you'd like." Callop said to his companion. Fauxs then approached Cecilia and the fairy dragon, acting very curious as he twirled for their attention.

After one final cheer, everyone inside the Happy Goblin settled down and went to their rooms or somewhere they could lay their drunken heads on. The thrill and excitement that tomorrow promised was replaced by the sound of the day’s end as silence, save for the few who were cleaning the place, washed over the tavern. Grunde, being a slime, can survive without sleep. While some, especially those who are in the field of academics, may find this useful, the slime can’t help but to feel some kind of envy as it gazed upon the peaceful faces of the adventurers who were passed out on the floor. Grunde would normally go back inside the jar and wait for the sun to rise, but the night is long and with nothing to distract it from it’s thoughts, its mind wandered over to the previous question that Cécilia asked the party. The slime didn’t notice the time pass by and was brought back to reality by the grunts and complaints of headaches as more and more people were getting ready to start their day while the slime was still processing the previous one. In an attempt to clear its mind, Grunde hurriedly went to look for Cécilia, and in turn, the rest of the party.

Standing in line, Grunde looked around the courtyard, albeit a little impatient, as it waited for the ceremony to end. The slime didn’t care much for religion and instead of listening to the speech, Grunde put its hands together as it formed animals to help pass time. Once the ceremony is finished, Grunde’s inside can be seen bubbling from the thought of finally leaving the walls and freedom. The flowers being thrown to them were a happy bonus as Grunde reached out and tried to get as much as it could. Finally, the slime was reunited with the world as it strayed away from the main road and other adventurers, but not too far that it cannot hear when someone is calling it, as the slime preferred to walk along the grassy fields and near the trees as the numerous wreaths of flowers and petals from the previous celebration decorated its inside. It's unfortunate that the travelling company is too large and noisy as it scared away most of the animals inside the forests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back