• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic World Ended, What Do Now?

How long has it been since we landed?

• Deep fried (1 year)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trappy

(0_0)
WORLD ENDED, WHAT DO NOW?

shutterstock_asteroidimpact.jpg

Congratulations, you just survived the end of the world as we know it. A gigantic asteroid, followed by a few secondary meteors, came careening down onto Earth from outer space - nothing world-destroying, but powerful enough to destabilize multiple civilizations and massively inconvenience everyone else. Wars over resources and revolts over administrations and all the old-fashioned stuff wiped the rest of human civilization out; now that we're mostly out of the way or gone the way of the Neanderthal, the alien life has flourished on top of our soil. You see, the asteroid came from a different galaxy, and despite all the nuclear shit that we threw at it before it hit (think Armageddon, but minus Ben Affleck and Bruce Willis and that ridiculous oil rig crew), alien life forms still survived in the asteroid's core after impact. Add in all the tectonic plate shifts, increased volcanic activity and dried-up seas and lakes, and you've got yourself present-day Earth.

Good news is, you slept like a baby through the entire process. Before modern life was wiped out, the world's nations came together and came up with a little something called Project Eden - funnily enough, this naming part took the longest to agree on, but I digress. This project was simple: Establish a multitude of space stations with people in cryogenic pods, build an AI that maintains the cryo'd people's wellbeing during and after disaster has passed; when shit has settled, the cryogenic pods will be dropped back down to Earth, and the people will wake up and recolonize the planet. You are one of the lucky/gifted few to be squeezed into a cryogenic pod, and after roughly 250 years, your eyes are opening for the first time again.

post-apocalyptic-city-ruins-figure-cars-trees-urban-science.jpg

It's a weird planet, but you won't be alone. You have a bunch of fancy technological shit sent alongside you, with the two most valuable things being a nanofabricator, and a transmitter to communicate with the AI named Mother that now advises you from orbit. You have a fresh new world with alien lifeforms and the ruins of an entire civilized species at your disposal. You have skill injectors, rare tools from the old world that can implant knowledge and experience through injection. You have an entire world filled with wonders and fraught with terrors to colonize.

Good luck.

ay hai my good peoples

Earth is kaput. This is a sci-fi survival RP where we, the colonists, attempt to recolonise Earth and handle the challenges along the way.

We accept contributions to the project, as long as it fits the lore. If you have any questions, do feel free to ask! :)

Oh yeah! I want in on this. I've had a character in mind for a bit that I think could work. If they don't work though I still want in. xD

Seems fun! I kinda wonder how skill injectors are "balanced" against creating OP characters. Interested for sure!
Aha, a very valid point. Each of you can only tolerate the procedure so much, and yes, it’s literally jabbing some needles into your brain.
Also, trust me when I say that it will be an extremely rare resource, outside of the amount we have at our disposal initially ;)

this sounds super rad, friend.
I think I might have some ideas if this takes off.

I just have the image of some poor shmuck waking up in their pod as they're falling from outer space stuck in my head.

Definitely interested.

Anddd it's up. Zane Zane DefectiveMelon DefectiveMelon Kidzait Kidzait Togy Togy

madame moiselle madame moiselle brightkings brightkings Plutoni Plutoni Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59
You guys reacted to the IC post but didn't say anything, so I just wanted to make sure. If you're interested, the CS link is up there, and I'm always happy to discuss anything you're not clear about our scenario :)

We have a poll live! Vote on how long we've been on Earth - this will affect our gear and experience. We've got interesting things planned for all of the choices, so don't be afraid!

I initially didn’t pop in because I saw that glaring grammar mistake, and I’m and idiot who doesn’t understand that someone can capitalize a title properly probably did that on purpose, but I have gone past that now and I wish to say I am interested. uwu

Man, reading this makes me sound so elitist, ew.

I initially didn’t pop in because I saw that glaring grammar mistake, and I’m and idiot who doesn’t understand that someone can capitalize a title properly probably did that on purpose, but I have gone past that now and I wish to say I am interested. uwu

Man, reading this makes me sound so elitist, ew.
Wanna be humbled, here you go buddy, right back at ye. >:)BC4D44FE-86A0-4F5C-B56D-A4E00B793563.png

Jokes aside, we’d be glad to have you. Welcome! ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back