• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Wolfenstein: The Sun Rises In The East

There's certainly an element of danger to all choices because sending Akira away from us means that there's a possibility we could lose him as well as the double Y's. So, really, no matter what decision we make, we could end up losing someone.

Sticking with Akira minimizes the risk to your current party, while choosing to help Jack first ensures that the greater asset has a greater chance of being recruited. The next priority would be to help the sisters since everyone here wants to help everyone. However, you do have to consider the greater good over the well being of two individuals. Is it worth risking 3 lives for two? Bit of a dilemma here, which I am open to suggestions for.

We don't know yet what exactly the Y squads position is or what their capable of. It's hard to decide whether we want to risk Akira to save two chicks who could be completely useless and go on alone to save Jack. Man.... idk.

Sticking with Akira minimizes the risk to your current party, while choosing to help Jack first ensures that the greater asset has a greater chance of being recruited. The next priority would be to help the sisters since everyone here wants to help everyone. However, you do have to consider the greater good over the well being of two individuals. Is it worth risking 3 lives for two? Bit of a dilemma here, which I am open to suggestions for.

Oh shit I forgot to describe the sisters... Hold on let me edit my post...

ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R
You can't really go wrong with the uncertainty here. You're in the midst of a war-torn city and there's lots of shit going on, but most importantly you hear screaming that belongs to friends you could save. You don't know whether they'll make it or not, you haven't even seen shit yet so you're left to assume what's going on and if saving them will be the plan.

Maybe they can handle themselves on their own, or maybe they are already dead by the time you reach them, but if they can be saved you better believe you're going to save the shit out of them. It's a risky situation, but either way you're potentially taking a sacrifice of some kind. Not every great success can come without risk, so instead of assuming what may or may not happen let's make our presence in the rebellion clear by saving as many as we can.

Okay, so now we totally wlhave to save everyone. I mean, come one, what rebel team doesn't need a techy genius?

in terms of helping someone first, then another second:

ok so imagine that both jack and the two sisters are at gunpoint by a nazi soldier.

akira and sanako go to jack first, and stop the nazi soldier.

do you think the nazi soldier by the sisters' side will wait until they arrive to stop him? i doubt that, and highly assume that they'll be dead by the time the three manage to get to their side. the questmaster (lol just wanted to call them that) did provide only three options: attempt to: 1. easy: just save jack, screw the sisters, 2. easy: just save the sisters, sorry jack, and 3. moderate: save both, but do so separately.

seeing 'moderate difficulty' is a worrying since it will need us to vote for the right choices that will correspond well to the results we want (as all cyoa stories go). however, it's not impossible. i accepted the risks because i believed that we (and they) could see through the task presented to us (and them), choose well and critically, and attain a good result.

and at the same time, i chose it in accordance to sanako's traits/ personality/ outlook. if liberation for her people really is her sub-motive (which i assume since qm did say my vote was the majority), then i can't see just how she can leave one party so the saving business would be easier for her and akira (with a clear conscience, that is). also, her father is a politician who had taught her to be a better leader for the people, i assume (because that's what politicians do,,, right?)

at this point in the story, sanako's household (and what looks like the entire neighborhood lol) had just been pwned by the nazis. even if she gains that "i cared about saving this one more or first because they would be useful to fighting the nazis and the other one can be left or be in second place because it's not as worth it" mentality (yes i just made that up) in the story, i do not think it would be at this point, so early. the fight does worsen and her character can definitely harden or darken after some more events (about after this point, like an actual fight being brought to the nazis, or at least after getting out of the darned pwn area why are the nazis doing this send help), if my character development calculations are correct. she also seemed to be living a less chaotic life before (i mean she was sleeping peacefully earlier right).

lastly. she knew who yuki (or her sister) was by their scream or voice. i think that is enough to say that she acknowledges the presence of those girls, or that they even matter to her-- oooooookay qm just updated great good job everyone it's been good that was a bit embarrassing i could delete this but these paragraphs have a part of my soul so take it all of you

if moderate difficulty mainly entails sanako fighting dudes alone, i still say we go for it! that'll teach 'em not to mess with any of the people whose supposedly peaceful neighborhood tHEY CARELESSLY mESSED WITH THE nERVE OF ThESe PEOPLE they were lIvIN g sO WELL.

Last edited:
Okay, excellent information. My decision still doesn't change. Sanako to Jack and Akira to the Yukes.

We're saving Jack because spying for information is incredibly useful anywhere, and we're saving the Yukes not just because of their abilities, but because we're going to make it clear that we're more than just a group of gangbangers. Soon after the events of this day we will be the face of the rebellion.

ok so imagine that both jack and the two sisters are at gunpoint by a nazi soldier.

do you think the nazi soldier by the sisters' side will wait until they arrive to stop him? i doubt that, and highly assume that they'll be dead by the time the three manage to get to their side. the questmaster (lol just wanted to call them that) did provide only three options: attempt to: 1. easy: just save jack, screw the sisters, 2. easy: just save the sisters, sorry jack, and 3. moderate: save both, but do so separately.

seeing 'moderate difficulty' is a worrying since it will need us to vote for the right choices that will correspond well to the results we want (as all cyoa stories go). however, it's not impossible. i accepted the risks because i believed that we (and they) could see through the task presented to us (and them), choose well and critically, and attain a good result.

and at the same time, i chose it in accordance to sanako's traits/ personality/ outlook. if liberation for her people really is her sub-motive (which i assume since qm did say my vote was the majority), then i can't see just how she can leave one party so the saving business would be easier for her and akira (with a clear conscience, that is). also, her father is a politician who had taught her to be a better leader for the people, i assume (because that's what politicians do,,, right?)

at this point in the story, sanako's household (and what looks like the entire neighborhood lol) had just been pwned by the nazis. even if she gains that "i cared about saving this one more or first because they would be useful to fighting the nazis and the other one can be left or be in second place because it's not as worth it" mentality (yes i just made that up) in the story, i do not think it would be at this point, so early. the fight does worsen and her character can definitely harden or darken after some more events (about after this point, like an actual fight being brought to the nazis, or at least after getting out of the darned pwn area why are the nazis doing this send help), if my character development calculations are correct. she also seemed to be living a less chaotic life before (i mean she was sleeping peacefully earlier right).

lastly. she knew who yuki (or her sister) was by their scream or voice. i think that is enough to say that she acknowledges the presence of those girls, or that they even matter to her-- oooooookay qm just updated great good job everyone it's been good that was a bit embarrassing i could delete this but these paragraphs have a part of my soul so take it all of you

if moderate difficulty mainly entails sanako fighting dudes alone, i still say we go for it! that'll teach 'em not to mess with any of the people whose supposedly peaceful neighborhood tHEY CARELESSLY mESSED WITH THE nERVE OF ThESe PEOPLE
That was great. I completely agree with you. Our girl needa care about everyone. And I want that techy, yo.

if moderate difficulty mainly entails sanako fighting dudes alone, i still say we go for it! that'll teach 'em not to mess with any of the people whose supposedly peaceful neighborhood tHEY CARELESSLY mESSED WITH THE nERVE OF ThESe PEOPLE
I respectfuly concur.

nazis: surrender to the reich!

sanako: SuRrEnDeR tO tHe ReIcH1
aaaa.gif

I respectfuly concur.

Archdemon Archdemon
Ok, I am open to amending my decision, but I want to know if this is one of these quests where your choices have significant consequences further down or not(like the heart-wrenching decision in this, where you had to choose to save your teacher or the hero). Otherwise saving everyone is obviously the best decision.

Edit: Everyone is coming up with these hypothetical situations but I think we should not let them affect our logical decision. For all we know, these screams could be a trap to lure us over there, or screams of anger as they slice through their enemies. We HAVE to make a decision based on the concrete information we have.

Edit2: Ok, I just read the amendments that the GM made. That makes my initial proposal infeasible, but I would still want to know more before making a decision. (How realistic is this quest? Or will everything just magically turn out fine)

Last edited:
Archdemon Archdemon
Ok, I am open to amending my decision, but I want to know if this is one of these quests where your choices have significant consequences further down or not(like the heart-wrenching decision in this, where you had to choose to save your teacher or the hero). Otherwise saving everyone is obviously the best decision.

Edit: Everyone is coming up with these hypothetical situations but I think we should not let them affect our logical decision. For all we know, these screams could be a trap to lure us over there, or screams of anger as they slice through their enemies. We HAVE to make a decision based on the concrete information we have.

Edit2: Ok, I just read the amendments that the GM made. That makes my initial proposal infeasible, but I would still want to know more before making a decision. (How realistic is this quest? Or will everything just magically turn out fine)

Oh there are consequences for your actions. I'm just not telling you what they are. If you save both then maybe nothing will happen or everything will.

Everything will not turn out magically fine unless the rolls I make tell me they do. Also all you know is basically nothing since in the context of the information you heard two screams, Jack and Yuki/Yuko and they're in trouble. You have basically nothing else to go on.

Astounding. Pio, I leave for a few hours...

I've read and made sense of most of the posts that followed the last update (except for pioca pioca 's shenanigans, which require much of my time and effort in comprehending), but in terms of crucial choices like what ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R mentioned, it would be nice (for a roleplayer like me) and realistic (for a character like Sanako) to experience loss in such an event. I understand the sentiment of wishing to apply that to the choices prescribed in the last update, but it is merely the beginning. I think such was the point Pio was attempting (but almost miserably failing, because of her seeping hatred for the enemies in the story) to raise. So much more can happen from here, as Archdemon Archdemon had mentioned.s

Although Sanako can't be perfect and have everything or save everyone, there are also times she can be victorious with her own abilities and fate. However, to make things more, shall we say, interesting, and towards the path of true loss and pain, hear this: If Sanako manages to save both of them now, she will be either confident or driven to save everyone else she can afterwards. This will set a rather high amount of pressure and expectation towards herself. Once she is faced with a crossroads of who to save ultimately, or when she fails to save even one person, she will feel even more pain, despair, and, well, development than after losing either Jack or Yuki and Yuko. That is, if we do manage to save both of them.

Anyhow, I anticipate the progressing of this roleplay, even though I may not always be online to witness it in a timely fashion.

Last edited:
I leave for a few hours...

aaaa.gif

i LeAvE fOr A fEw HoUrS,,,

by the way, good insight + i agree with that stuff with the loss despair n overall character development for sanako
but can't you at least sound a bit less psychopathic for like your own good

Last edited:
Prologue: The Purge Pt3
Birdsie Birdsie Maki Maki pioca pioca felt felt ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Taji Taji KingofAesir KingofAesir amoeba amoeba official clown business official clown business The Omen of Death The Omen of Death ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R

Wasting no time in trying to save both you look to Akira.

"Go save Yuki and Yuko, I'll get Jack."

Akira gives you a nod and soon he's bolting down the street to where both of you heard the screams. You ran down a different street and soon came upon the scene. Three Consulate goons have cornered Jack and by the look of it they each had a gun, each having a pistol, at the ready. Jack was hiding behind some cover, holding his arm? You aren't exactly sure but you know he's in trouble.

Behind the soldiers is a commander wearing the Nazi armband and a semi cool looking coat with his commander hat. He too has a pistol, and a headset to easily call in reinforcements.

Your ready your weapons and began thinking about your options.
(Action Points: 5) (You have surprise on your side, first action is free but rest cost AP)

1. Spray and pray the fuckers. (Uses up quite a bit of ammo for your rifle)(Difficult difficulty) (2 AP)
2. Stealth your way to the commander and kill him (Difficult) (3 AP)
3. Use your charisma to persuade/intimidate the Soldiers away from Jack (Moderate) (4 AP)
4. Take careful shoots at any target (Moderate) (1 AP)
5. Run up and Melee the fuckers before they have a chance to react (Difficult)(5 AP)
6. Write-In (Include difficulty and action points being used)

((As you can see ya'll get quite lucky on the dice so far, let's see if you can keep that up))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back