• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Witcher Tales: OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
you don't simply ask ppl how are they like that ok

how do you even get an idea as to how to start like
i have everything i need to include but sahdbhshsbdshdb words

I don't know, I just came up with a core concept. A knight in shining armor, and a grizzled mercenary and then went and fleshed them out.

im too extra for simplicity unless my character is mysterious

well i do have the core concept
its just how tf do i word it? like writer's block is terrible

mainly lovia is a character who had some sort of rough childhood due to losing her family from the locklong's area perishing
so she grows up in this very terrible area (dunno where yet) and basically uses herself to get the things she wants and needs
within the day she is a waitress (since that is a good way to get info and such for her nightly adventures) and by night she is a theif who either manages to slip into bed and then steals from whatever guy she meets, or practically jumps the guy she robs next

idk that's basically it

Oh my word, so many messages! Lemme see if I can lend a hand here too. Defenestrator's notorious for having big plans but not having the words to put them in. In return all I ask is that someone teaches me how to put things into a spoiler please oh my goodness I have everything sorted for the CS but that.

Right, so you have your basic concept? We're already halfway there then. The most important part is to fill out the basic facts. Gender, name, age. The moment things get tricky, start bullet pointing things in no particular order. If you're, I dunno, writing down bullet points for her appearance and think of a cool move she can do, flip over to that skills and abilities section and note it down. If absolutely nothing is coming to you, stop for a bit and do something else. Keep your phone handy with the WIP sheet on it, or a post it, or anything to make notes about your character.

Once you've got enough for each section, buff it out into full sentences. They don't even have to be good ones! Fill 'em with typos, make them as plain as can be, just pull them out of note form and into prose. (NB: I tend to do this with my coursework essays, and believe you me - three shots of something stiff and you'll be more than capable of writing it out without thinking too much about the perfection of it.)

After that, it's just a case of going back and just...prettying it up. I usually wait until the day after to do that step, revisit with fresh eyes and go "Ew. I can write this a whole lot better."

Oh my word, so many messages! Lemme see if I can lend a hand here too. Defenestrator's notorious for having big plans but not having the words to put them in. In return all I ask is that someone teaches me how to put things into a spoiler please oh my goodness I have everything sorted for the CS but that.

Right, so you have your basic concept? We're already halfway there then. The most important part is to fill out the basic facts. Gender, name, age. The moment things get tricky, start bullet pointing things in no particular order. If you're, I dunno, writing down bullet points for her appearance and think of a cool move she can do, flip over to that skills and abilities section and note it down. If absolutely nothing is coming to you, stop for a bit and do something else. Keep your phone handy with the WIP sheet on it, or a post it, or anything to make notes about your character.

Once you've got enough for each section, buff it out into full sentences. They don't even have to be good ones! Fill 'em with typos, make them as plain as can be, just pull them out of note form and into prose. (NB: I tend to do this with my coursework essays, and believe you me - three shots of something stiff and you'll be more than capable of writing it out without thinking too much about the perfection of it.)

After that, it's just a case of going back and just...prettying it up. I usually wait until the day after to do that step, revisit with fresh eyes and go "Ew. I can write this a whole lot better."
also its mainly the bio but i see what you're saying

Ouch, that's a big problem in your high concept...because as it stands right now, she'd profit quite well from the curse. Or maybe she isn't. Maybe the fact that the crops are failing means the farmers are becoming more and more impoverished. She's being forced to take on riskier and riskier jobs. Why is she even thieving in the first place? Nobody does it for the thrill of it, not really - the consequences would be brutal in this setting. I'm talking...lopped-off hands sort of brutal.

I think your problem here is you have a very set idea for your character, but there's absolutely no way to slot her into the main plot of the RP. Because even if she isn't profiting from the curse, what sensible thief would bother going out to save the world from it? Not her, surely. Let some idiotic hero do it.

Ouch, that's a big problem in your high concept...because as it stands right now, she'd profit quite well from the curse. Or maybe she isn't. Maybe the fact that the crops are failing means the farmers are becoming more and more impoverished. She's being forced to take on riskier and riskier jobs. Why is she even thieving in the first place? Nobody does it for the thrill of it, not really - the consequences would be brutal in this setting. I'm talking...lopped-off hands sort of brutal.

I think your problem here is you have a very set idea for your character, but there's absolutely no way to slot her into the main plot of the RP. Because even if she isn't profiting from the curse, what sensible thief would bother going out to save the world from it? Not her, surely. Let some idiotic hero do it.
are you suggesting i change the concept of her bio then? but even then her reason will still be kind of hard to figure out

At the very least, give her a little more optimism. From the sounds of it, she's too jaded to logically want to join the adventuring party to fix this curse. Perhaps a personal reason? Someone she knows is sick and dying? She initially wants to just get to the bottom of it so she can go home and save them?

Possibly? But even then she particualrly has no one she knows plus she's mildy apathetic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back