Winter Time

April walked along the booths once more, on was selling sweets. She stopped, looking at the sweets. "I'll take that one..and that one please." She said humming a soft tune as she was handed a chocolate puff thing and a strawberry vanilla dessert.

"Heh, most likely. Ive been asking that question for three hundred years. Not all of the vampires out there feast on innocent. Some feed on criminals. Some are just misunderstood." He looked around. "If the train is above here and you look like you know somthing about it, What are you?" 

@The Fabulous Emerald

"Me? I'm the Conductor. Nothing more, nothing less. I help the souls of the industrious pass from this world."

The Conductor flaps his copper coloured wings because why not. A tiny spark of electricity flows from his body to the tip as he does so, which isn't odd. Angels are known for electrokinesis, after all. (I'm pretty sure they are. Not that it matters too much if it isn't.)

@Fuzz

(If I remember correctly, only certain angels are known for that, this character has seen some things in the 300 years hes been alive,  including but not limited to 3 wars, his twin dieing, the fall of empires, the fall of his council, Demons, angles, gods... )  

"Ah, well that explains the train, but why walk with mortals? Are you looking for someone, or just because?"

He leaned on his staff, people always wondered why he had a staff. It had a high concentration of magic in it. But he was a warrior, not a mage.

(well, mine has been alive roughly since the introduction of the human (whether it was by evolution or creation)

The Conductor doesn't care about the staff. He doesn't care about weapons in general, since he is invulnerable.

"Eh, there isn't any work today so I'm just exploring the mortal realms."

@Fuzz

Yes, Gygax would use his power to get this over with after all. It most circumstances he would consider doing this unsportsmanlike since this was just a game but there was no competition going on. Nobody to compete with and not using any way to influence the throw or rings made him feel he could do this legitimately.

He took another breath to focus. Everything around him started slowing down as it came close to approaching a crawl. The breath of the onlooker slowly becoming clouds of warm air before dissipating and the snowfall crawling down through the air. The conversations and laughter just slow, droning noise that seemed to never end. Even the booth attendant's movements while he idly looked at some other people as if in appraisal had a speed a turtle would consider slow. To him everything was moving at a snail's pace as he picked up that first ring of the third stack, but to others he had grabbed it in the blink of an eye. He really would be here all night otherwise if he hadn't altered the flow time some to get things on the ball.

As soon as that first ring was soaring through the air in a flash the second ring was already aimed and tossed and the third ring in his hand as he watched the first two make their targets one immediately after the other. When the second ring hit the peg the third came rushing down after. The man at the booth was visibly taken aback at the quickness and precision. As he looked back to the rings then the armored figure Gygax had but one thing to say:

"Dragon, please."

With a silent nod the intricately carved dragon was gingerly placed in front of him. With a happy smiles he scooped the prize up and appraised it while he took a couple steps back to let someone else try the game out. Gygax got what he wanted and wasn't going to trouble the poor man further.

Shura smiles. "I need my sleep or I can't do my job right... And I'm grumpy when I don't get enough sleep, so yeah I'm not a morning person" he said with a tired smile. "But I won't wake you up either, only if it's necessary... Or if you sleep too long and I get bored..." he added and laughed a bit before yawning again. "So... if we arrive at the cave, we can talk a bit before I sleep... so you should tell me specifically which kind of people hunt you..."

@Jennete

((Can we sleep on the train haha???))

Snow: "The people he sends..." She replied cryptically, her lip caught between her teeth in a nervous manner. Her eyes snapped up, though, shoulders curved protectively as if ready to run when she see's a flying object above her.

Meanwhile, a strange looking man wanders the streets of the festival. The man wore garb similar to that of the dwarves, mainly leather overalls and goggles, yet something was strange. Even though the clothes were basically overalls, they were bronze and copper in colour and glowed slightly. The clothes matched the man's eye and hair colour, yet the main feature was the bronze coloured wings on the man's back. On the front of the seemingly angelic overalls, was the sigil of what could only be described as one of those dwarven gears used in their technology. Except, it moved. Every now and then, the position of the stitched logo changes slightly, seemingly rotating.

To mortals, however, that is all they see. To non-mortals, well, that is a different story. Above the man follows a train. A glowing, flying train of seemingly dwarven make, yet there was something else. Something...more. It was as if the angels worked along side the dwarves to create this marvel of technology. Only those who have no soul, or gods/demons, would be able to see the Godway Engine, and immortals with souls cannot see it. Basically, anything with a soul with very few exceptions can see it without The Conductor's permission.

The Conductor goes from stall to stall, looking at all the interesting mortal knick-knacks and savouring the mortal's cuisine. He often did this on his time off, as he was interested in how the mortals lived their lives.

(that appearance didnt make a good enough image - he wears thick leather overalls that cover everything, like you imagine overalls would, with the sigil in the centre of his chest. He also has metal shoulderpads, grieves and gauntlets. his head is unarmoured, par his piloting goggles)

Snow: "A... A train...." She looked at Shura and then back up at the train in awe. "Do you know what this thing is Shura?" She didn't notice the Conductor and the Vampire talking... but her blood did. And sing it did, humming out its power to the two ancient beings.

@Fuzz

Pavel noticed the humming. "Do you hear that, seems like humming... im going to go find it..." he walk out of the stall searching for the source of the humming. 

@Jennete (things not working :/)

10 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Pavel noticed the humming. "Do you hear that, seems like humming... im going to go find it..." he walk out of the stall searching for the source of the humming. 

@Jennete (things not working :/)

Snow: She tilted her head, her hair standing on end. Something... was near. She stepped closer to Shura and bit her lip, her blood racing in nerves. Though when her blood raced more it sang louder, her blood singer heritage shining through her eyes. The light rose pink turning dark blood red. Her blonde hair faded almost white and she looked at her pale skin, her veins visible. "Oh no..." She whispered.

As the humming intenseified he grabed his head and knelt, he found the humming annoying, he jsut wanted it to stop. He is on the verge of yelling out in rage trying to find it.

"Huh? Wha-" Shura at first was confused. Which train? He didn't know what Snow was talking about until he looks up to the sky, seeing the flying train. "What..." Also, a moment after they've seen the object, he started to hear humming. He looks at Snow, suddenly stepping closer to him, her hair near white and her eyes dark red. Her veins are visible. "Snow, what's wrong?" Shura asked with a worried but also serious face.

The Conductor doesn't particularly care. He just keeps doing what he was doing before.

As the humming intenseified he grabed his head and knelt, he found the humming annoying, he jsut wanted it to stop. He is on the verge of yelling out in rage trying to find it.

Snow: She tilted her head, her hair standing on end. Something... was near. She stepped closer to Shura and bit her lip, her blood racing in nerves. Though when her blood raced more it sang louder, her blood singer heritage shining through her eyes. The light rose pink turning dark blood red. Her blonde hair faded almost white and she looked at her pale skin, her veins visible. "Oh no..." She whispered.

Pavel Roared out, Echoing through the area. He pushed him self up with his staff, The magic in it Rushed to the tip, Igniting it Turning the staff into a Pike. He Rushed around the corner searching for the Source of the Humming, His Eyes were BloodShot, He was going Insane. He turned his Head and looked at the two. 

@Kuroshi @Jennete

The Conductor just shrugs, and keeps doing what he is doing, BTW. He, while interested in them, knows not to interfere with the earthly creatures.

(for future reference, whats the planet called?)

Winona Lavender

Mood :: Thrilled

Interaction :: @Strange_Encounters

Goal :: //

Winona watched the woman walk back, muttering a small thank you before listening to her question. "Can you keep a secret?" She asked, glancing over both shoulders. "My father is the herd leader. As his oldest child, I will inherit the herd before he dies. This time is coming soon, however, so I fled, scared of my role. I have been exploring the regions near where my tribe lives and roams in order to experience the prime of my life." She sighed, thinking of her friends back home. She wondered if they were worried about her, searching for her this very moment. 

((I don't think I ever posted this?? I'm really sorry :(( ))

Jerall watched the crowds from the trees, he wasn't sure he wanted to walk among them yet. There were so many humans and his sabertooth sense didn't care for all the humans. He had, had a lot of time to get used to them of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
On 1/10/2017 at 8:38 AM, Kuroshi said:

"Huh? Wha-" Shura at first was confused. Which train? He didn't know what Snow was talking about until he looks up to the sky, seeing the flying train. "What..." Also, a moment after they've seen the object, he started to hear humming. He looks at Snow, suddenly stepping closer to him, her hair near white and her eyes dark red. Her veins are visible. "Snow, what's wrong?" Shura asked with a worried but also serious face.

On 1/10/2017 at 0:14 PM, Fuzz said:

Pavel Roared out, Echoing through the area. He pushed him self up with his staff, The magic in it Rushed to the tip, Igniting it Turning the staff into a Pike. He Rushed around the corner searching for the Source of the Humming, His Eyes were BloodShot, He was going Insane. He turned his Head and looked at the two. 

@Kuroshi @Jennete

Snow: She shook her head, not knowing as the hum turned to a melody, singing a lost and ancient song of power. She whipped her head around and her eyes found the bloodshot orbs of Pavel. Her foot took one shaky step back. Her blood roared in her her ears. "Him..." She whispered under her breath, pointing to Pavel. Suddenly... she bolted, running through the crowd as her hair flared out behind her. She gasped deeply for air, her muscles in protest but she pumped her legs, not allowing a second of hesitation. She had completely forgotten of Shuras agreeance to help her, her mind conditioned to only relying on herself. She had survived this long by knowing no one would help you, no one would save you, and no one would be your hero. You could only count on yourself.

"HEY! SNOW!!!" Shura was surprised and visibly not amused by the fact that Snow just started to run. "Idiot...!" He sa7d and looked at the guy who seemingly was about to go on a rampage. But he wasn't important right now. If Shura loses his contractor, it wouldn't be good for his reputation... which was already low amongst those who know him. However, with an abnormal speed, he rushed through the crowd, getting to Snow in a few seconds and picks her up. He keeps running with her in his arms. "Are you crazy? Don't just start to run..." he heard the melody, too and it quite bothered him. He was having problems to concentrate. "What's the matter with that guy?"

@Jennete

@Fuzz

(i believe we time skipped this interaction :/)

((I mean in the other thread it is time skipped. But I thought we would finish this interaction, wrap it up nice in a bow so we could move onto the thread and have background for our characters. If not I can totally stop this haha! Just let me know. :)  )

(I was going throw the pike like a spear at you guys, He is kinda insane.... just thought of how to prevent this... Forgot i had a living weapon, Lol)

Jerall watched the crowds from the trees, he wasn't sure he wanted to walk among them yet. There were so many humans and his sabertooth sense didn't care for all the humans. He had, had a lot of time to get used to them of course.

Why can't I tag??!?!?! WTF!?!?! Why is it on this rp thread nothing wants to work for me.... )))

Last edited by a moderator:
"HEY! SNOW!!!" Shura was surprised and visibly not amused by the fact that Snow just started to run. "Idiot...!" He sa7d and looked at the guy who seemingly was about to go on a rampage. But he wasn't important right now. If Shura loses his contractor, it wouldn't be good for his reputation... which was already low amongst those who know him. However, with an abnormal speed, he rushed through the crowd, getting to Snow in a few seconds and picks her up. He keeps running with her in his arms. "Are you crazy? Don't just start to run..." he heard the melody, too and it quite bothered him. He was having problems to concentrate. "What's the matter with that guy?"

@Jennete

@Fuzz

Snow: She yelped as he scooped her up," He made my blood sing. What if he is one of those who hunt's me? I had to run... I... I forgot I had someone to help me. I just... I only care about surviving. And my blood sung. When it sings... all those with great power can hear its call." She said, her pitch growing higher as she panicked.

2 hours ago, Fuzz said:

(I was going throw the pike like a spear at you guys, He is kinda insane.... just thought of how to prevent this... Forgot i had a living weapon, Lol)

((Do IT!!!! haha))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back