Winter Time

Shura just smiled. As she asked him a question, Shura let out a 'hmm'. "Well... no... not that I remember... I rather Eat most of the time then watching people... when I'm interacting with people, then it's the food order." Shura said and laughed. "But it sure would be neat to have such a carefree life..." Shura continued. He then looks at Snow. "By the way... I smelled a bit fear a few moments ago... everything ok?" He asked with a worried smile.

@Jennete

Snow: "You scare me. Well not...you. You actually make me feel rather calm." She looked up at him, his carefree smile bringing out one of her own. But then like a flower it wilted away to soon. She looked back at the crowd, her bottom lip getting pulled in by her teeth. "I um... I have been hunted by Assassins before."

Shura looks a bit sad and worried as he heard that Assassins hunted Snow. He looks at her for a while and sighs, bowing down and patting her head again. "I'm not a bounty hunting Assassin... don't worry... I won't stab you or something out of the blue... I'm too lazy to do that, anyways..." Shura said with a calm voice and a worried smile to Snow. "As long as you're around me, you don't have to be afraid of anything..."

@Jennete

Shura looks a bit sad and worried as he heard that Assassins hunted Snow. He looks at her for a while and sighs, bowing down and patting her head again. "I'm not a bounty hunting Assassin... don't worry... I won't stab you or something out of the blue... I'm too lazy to do that, anyways..." Shura said with a calm voice and a worried smile to Snow. "As long as you're around me, you don't have to be afraid of anything..."

@Jennete

Snow: "I am sure that is true Shura." She looked up at him and took his hand, squeezing it thankfully before letting go. Her squeeze light, her hand still fragile and breakable like the rest of her. "But I won't always be around you will I... you will have to go on with your life and I will have to try and survive mine."

Well, here goes nothing! Three rings to his name and one goal ahead of him: to get them on the peg! A classic game in it's own, really. As long as it wasn't rigged, of course. Wouldn't be the first time if it was. Gygax takes the first ring off of the lopsided stack of three that had placed in front of him. Wooden and with fading red paint on it. With careful aim he slowly rears his arm back makes the first toss. As the ring sailed through the air one side inside of the ring catches on the peg, making the ring swing around in a circle as it went down the peg and onto the bottom of the peg rack. One down, two to go! He hoped the rest of them would be this simple. He kept focused on the peg as he reached down for ring number two. A different color of yellow, but still as faded as the first ring. A fresh coat of paint really wouldn't hurt these things. As the person running the game kept watch he took careful aim for his second throw. Even though this was but a simple game he still felt some measure of pride on the line. It was only natural that some form of pride and competition would make itself known, being of draconic heritage and all. Things seemed to go slow for him as the second ring sailed through the air and finding it's mark.

This was it, the moment he had been waiting for from the instant he saw that prize he wanted. Everything rode on this one, last throw. Ready, steady, aim...

Everything seemed to glow far slower than it should have as he swung his arm back and then forward, tossing that ring that decided the outcome of what would happen here. Would it land in it's spot on the peg? Or go astray and dash his hopes on the rocks much like festival games usually dashed people coin purses?

Score! As it circled around that peg and touched down. "Gotcha!" Gygax exclaimed with a small measure of triumph. He shouldn't have felt so jubilant over this, yet here he was. Life was strange sometimes. However his celebration was short lived when a smaller, far less impressive stuffed animal was placed down in front.

"If you want one of the more impressive prizes you'll have to play again and trade up." was the explanation afforded to him. His pride was just a bit torn. Just slightly. But he would be damned if that dragon wouldn't be his by the time the night was over! He pulls out another gold coin and places it on the table. "Then I guess I'll be trading up!" he announces more to himself than the game booth person as three more rings were placed in front of him.

Shura scratched his head. He started to speak a few times but then cut himself of with a sigh before he finally started speaking properly. "A Contract..." Shura closed his eyes, his face looking a bit more serious. "If you sign a contract, you'd be safe for some time... How long is up to you..." Shura said, still scratching his head.

@Jennete

Shura scratched his head. He started to speak a few times but then cut himself of with a sigh before he finally started speaking properly. "A Contract..." Shura closed his eyes, his face looking a bit more serious. "If you sign a contract, you'd be safe for some time... How long is up to you..." Shura said, still scratching his head.

@Jennete

Snow: "A contract..." She said softly, her eyes on his. She could smell the hesitation on his words. "What's the catch Shura? There always is a price."

@CoreyXIX @Fuzz

Mina was in the midst of twirling around, giggling amongst herself as she so many people come circle around the game booths. It excited her and made her quite giddy. She was than cut off guard as a much talled man came up to her asking strange questions. "Relics? Hmmm, the game stands I don't think will have what you're looking for, but the merchants might." Bouncing up and down on her tippy toes she pointed down the way. "They are all over there, with their booths, strands and carts! Good luck to you and you search." She soluted him as she hopped away into the crowd looking at everyone having fun.

Once she was closer to the game stands, she noticed a large man out of place, he was seriously placing the game at the end, he seemed to be quite determined to get his hands on one of the prizes. Squirming her way through people, she now stood beside the man in armor and watched him toss his rings at the pegs. "Ooooooooh, you're doing so good mister armor man!!" She clapped her hands together and giggled while she watched.

"The price is whatever you're willing to give... If I accept it, the contract is made..." Shura said and sighed. "I know, it's not a safe contract... and a stupid one... and you don't have to sign anything... but... it's a contract... a very stupid contract...." Shura sighed again. "Well... up to you if you wanna make a contract..."

@Jennete

From the heavy packing of people Alluria didn't see Yuuki at first as she purchased her Pastry. Though for some reason she felt like she could smell her beloved little Elf. Yet every-time she looked around she couldn't find her Yuuki, perhaps the months apart was making her miss her more than she thought and she was beginning to imagine her scent. Shaking it off she almost turned toward Yuuki until she heard the excited shout of a strange woman near one of the stalls. Thinking of Winning Something to have sent to Yuuki she turned from the line where Yuuki waited and moved toward the booth to try her luck. Smiling as she noticed a massively armored man attempting to win something of his own...A man she recognized from an adventure long ago. "Ser Gygax! Good to see you again my friend!!" She called inbetween his attempts so as not to disturb him as she approached to try her hand and win her beloved a Special prize. "The festival was too alluring to ignore for you as well eh?" @CoreyXIX

MItra smiled and embraced Hydra as she nuzzled her love and looked at her fondly. "If you say so my darling; As for how I got so tall I have always been such...my people are just tall...Though I suppose that the Hydra meat helps in our growth it is a delicacy in our tribe." She said, her smile innocent and honest as she looked at the man before her, not knowing he was one of the beasts in human guise. Listening to HYdra acknowledge her as her lover however made her cheeks flame and her eyes shimmer with delight. "Hehe...And to think last Moon you still cursed my name for fishing you from the lake." She teased her playfully as she held the Other close and looked at the festival. "Well...What she we do together first?" @Strange_Encounters

@CoreyXIX @Fuzz

Mina was in the midst of twirling around, giggling amongst herself as she so many people come circle around the game booths. It excited her and made her quite giddy. She was than cut off guard as a much talled man came up to her asking strange questions. "Relics? Hmmm, the game stands I don't think will have what you're looking for, but the merchants might." Bouncing up and down on her tippy toes she pointed down the way. "They are all over there, with their booths, strands and carts! Good luck to you and you search." She soluted him as she hopped away into the crowd looking at everyone having fun.

Once she was closer to the game stands, she noticed a large man out of place, he was seriously placing the game at the end, he seemed to be quite determined to get his hands on one of the prizes. Squirming her way through people, she now stood beside the man in armor and watched him toss his rings at the pegs. "Ooooooooh, you're doing so good mister armor man!!" She clapped her hands together and giggled while she watched.

From the heavy packing of people Alluria didn't see Yuuki at first as she purchased her Pastry. Though for some reason she felt like she could smell her beloved little Elf. Yet every-time she looked around she couldn't find her Yuuki, perhaps the months apart was making her miss her more than she thought and she was beginning to imagine her scent. Shaking it off she almost turned toward Yuuki until she heard the excited shout of a strange woman near one of the stalls. Thinking of Winning Something to have sent to Yuuki she turned from the line where Yuuki waited and moved toward the booth to try her luck. Smiling as she noticed a massively armored man attempting to win something of his own...A man she recognized from an adventure long ago. "Ser Gygax! Good to see you again my friend!!" She called inbetween his attempts so as not to disturb him as she approached to try her hand and win her beloved a Special prize. "The festival was too alluring to ignore for you as well eh?" @CoreyXIX

MItra smiled and embraced Hydra as she nuzzled her love and looked at her fondly. "If you say so my darling; As for how I got so tall I have always been such...my people are just tall...Though I suppose that the Hydra meat helps in our growth it is a delicacy in our tribe." She said, her smile innocent and honest as she looked at the man before her, not knowing he was one of the beasts in human guise. Listening to HYdra acknowledge her as her lover however made her cheeks flame and her eyes shimmer with delight. "Hehe...And to think last Moon you still cursed my name for fishing you from the lake." She teased her playfully as she held the Other close and looked at the festival. "Well...What she we do together first?" @Strange_Encounters

As the second trio was rings was down next to him he heard the energetic voice of the young lady doing earlier's announcements for the games. Her well-meant words and cheering on only served as further fuel to his internal fire. For now he had people observing his progress, to choke now would be disgraceful! He gives a smile that was somewhat small and serene in contrast to his emotions. "Thank you, young lass. That carved dragon will be mine in no time!" he says with utmost confidence in his own ability at this point. He would be here all night if he must. "I hope your time here is going as good as my own."

It at the end of this bold proclamation that yet anther voice in his direction. One from times recent yet so long ago. A former companion and comrade in arms! As Alluria approached his serene smile took on one more befitting an old friend approaching. "Good day, Miss Alluria!" Gygax cheerily replies back to her. "A pleasure to see you once again as well! It was naturally too alluring to me not to show up here." Indeed, after all that time he spent in a state of torpor he now wanted to spend much time and see how things were. He had seen much after their last adventure and was starting to get the hang of things much better now. "But the dragon prized here is the most alluring to me of all! I wish to have something to show off for my little vacation when I briefly return home." Granted, most of his showing off would be to Sidhe but coming back with something was better nothing as far as he was concerned.

Oslo The Hydra

Oslo began thinking about how it worked between an easter bunny and a fish. Surely their anatomy was to different to reproduce but regardless he turned his face to the sky mulling over a mass of fish and rabbit combinations. He only stopped thinking it all over when the rabbit spoke about why she had such height. She made some joke about eating Hydra. He laughed and slapped his knee looking up at her, "You both sure are funny! Haha, Hydra meat doesn't do a thing for growth silly. Particularly because you could only get it from living Hydra. If you kill the Hydra their bodies turn to poison...usually for the purpose of poisoning the water in which the abide. But I guess you could harvest meat from a living Hydra. I don't know how great it would taste and the meat is tough and I hear it causes the poops...or maybe it was intense vomiting." He smiled up at her cocking his head to the side thinking 'Silly rabbit so funny'. "Is April your favorite month?"

"The price is whatever you're willing to give... If I accept it, the contract is made..." Shura said and sighed. "I know, it's not a safe contract... and a stupid one... and you don't have to sign anything... but... it's a contract... a very stupid contract...." Shura sighed again. "Well... up to you if you wanna make a contract..."

@Jennete

Snow: "I have nothing to give Shura except..." Except... that was she had one valuable thing to give. "If... If I give you what I can... Will you... will you promise to not change how you treat me if I order you too?" She knew the effect of her blood. It made those who drank it, drunk on power. The pay off was the need to protect. It changed people. 

After she hopped away he turned and made his way to the merchants. He followed a familiar whisper,  he kept peeking in and out of booths to see if the whispering got louder. He found a booth that did so. He looked around.  He saw a hilt wraped in cloth, it was golden, like the one he was looking for. He want to go pick it up. Before being stoped by the merchant, the merchand ramble about it being cursed and whom ever were to touch it they would be burnt. He disregarded the warning and reach down to it.

Shura looks a bit confused but then nodded. "If that's the contract..." He gently smiled at Snow. "So, Snow... you want to sign a contract... is that really what you want?" Shura looks a bit more serious. "Once made the contract can only be broken when the job you give me with the contract is done or you, the contractor, dies."

@Jennete

Jerall watched as the sounds of music and laughter filled his ears and lights of all different kinds and colors came to focus. He shifted to his human for and looked at what seemed to be a festival going on. "How strange but I wonder what kind of food stands they have..." He said running a hand through his longish black hair, his bright green eyes searching the place.

As Pavel grasps the hilt and lifted it up the merchant went into shock. Pavel waved his hand in his face to see if he would move. He didnt. Pavel rejoined the crowd. Still gently pushing people with his staff. Trying not to make eye contact with anyone he thought might know who he is.

Yuuki saw the aura disappear and the feeling of Alluria along with it. She gnawed her leg softly, a bit discouraged and she thought she was going made. She wanted to see Alluria so badly in these last few months, but she would continue to wait as long as need be for her love. Finally getting to the front, she purchased not only the cinnamon buns, but also two cups of hot chocolate. Carefully maneuvering through the crowd, she got back to the bench area and smiled towards Winona. "Here we go and don't worry about paying me back for the hot chocolate, it's my treat." She sat beside her, placing the food and drinks on the table in front of them, Yuuki picking up her hot chocolate, blowing on it softly as she sipped it happily. "So I've been told that centaurs don't leave their tribes very often, so why are you out and about in the world by yourself Winona?" @Galaxy's Silver Lining

Hydra blushed feeling mitra hold her so close, she stared at the male and couldn't help by laugh. He was as bad as her friend Skittles, desite how much the little girl can annoy her she was still fond of her. "I'm sorry, but me and Mitra must be off. You see we only have the night together and we planned this festival as our date spot. It was nice to meet you." She waved her hand at the odd lizard man and held Mitra's hand as she pointed over to the food stands. "I am hungry, shall we eat?" @Shadows.Whisper @Seraph

Mina clapped her hands excitedly as she watched the man concentrate, she even noticed more people coming to watch his determination to get the carved dragon prize he was talking about. She loved seeing so many people having fun and pretty soon, the dance would be starting and she could have some really fun. Looking to the elven woman that seemed to know that man, she couldn't help but grin and nudge her playfully. "Seems like you two know each other, but I can tell your only friends..hmm miss don't you have a date? Being alone here isn't any fun.. hmmm well I'm here alone, but I'm weird!" She grinned and laughed as she pointed amongst the crowd. "If you have a loved one, maybe they could be here? I come every year and see many people reunite with friends and loved ones, this festival is awesome like that." Swaying back and forth she turned her attention back to Gygax and his game. @CoreyXIX @Shadows.Whisper

Shura looks a bit confused but then nodded. "If that's the contract..." He gently smiled at Snow. "So, Snow... you want to sign a contract... is that really what you want?" Shura looks a bit more serious. "Once made the contract can only be broken when the job you give me with the contract is done or you, the contractor, dies."

@Jennete

Snow: She had pause and nodded slowly. She knew that this would fail. That eventually he would either die or betray her. She didn't believe in trust. In hope. But... she knew she could not protect herself. He seemed like he could, like he wanted too for now at least. She nodded. "My offer is my blood. Make sure no one steals it from me until you die or wish to steal it yourself. If you ever start to wish to own me... the contract is broken. I demand that. I only wish for that one condition. In payment... I offer my blood to you. It gives enhanced power. If you have a flaw or weakness, for the time of one battle it will be lessened. It doesn't last forever... but the power does last on a smaller scale for some time." She looked at him and blinked slowly as well.

Shura kneeled down and. "As you demand. May the contract be signed now. The contract breaks when either you die or one of the said things happen..." Shura said and grabbed Snow's hand tighter. "You really sure you want to do that? I mean... it's your blood..." Shura sighed. "A bit too late to ask... you already made the decision. I smell it..." he smiles and got up on his feet again, stretching.

@Jennete

Shura kneeled down and. "As you demand. May the contract be signed now. The contract breaks when either you die or one of the said things happen..." Shura said and grabbed Snow's hand tighter. "You really sure you want to do that? I mean... it's your blood..." Shura sighed. "A bit too late to ask... you already made the decision. I smell it..." he smiles and got up on his feet again, stretching.

@Jennete

Snow: "I'll sign." Was all she spoke. She squeezed his hand back, a shaky breath coming for as he stood and let go of her to stretch. She watched him, tiny and frail. Could he really protect her blood? He seemed... to good. Shaking her head she resigned herself. No he smelled of power. He would do what he had too. "I have made my decision. I want this contract." 

Shura smiles. "Then it's my job to make sure you're safe now..." Shura then thought a bit and facepalmed. "Wait..." he sighed. "...you don't have a problem sleeping in a cave... right?" Shura sighed again. "I'm sorry...." he patted Snow's head and gave her a worried smile. "Sorry..." he chuckled a bit.

@Jennete

Shura smiles. "Then it's my job to make sure you're safe now..." Shura then thought a bit and facepalmed. "Wait..." he sighed. "...you don't have a problem sleeping in a cave... right?" Shura sighed again. "I'm sorry...." he patted Snow's head and gave her a worried smile. "Sorry..." he chuckled a bit.

@Jennete

Snow: She shook her head and smiled a little. "I wasn't sleeping at all so this should be fine." She pouted a little as he patted her head as if she were a small child and looked at him. "You don't have to baby me you know. I am 18, kind of an adult..." She said growing less sure of herself the more she spoke.

Shura looked at her surprised and laughed, bowing down to her again and whispering a ridiculously high number into her ear. He then got up again and smiles at her. "That's my age... I could baby everyone, you know?" He then said and laughed a bit again. "Just let me pat you..." Shura then added and keeps smiling at Snow.

@Jennete

Shura looked at her surprised and laughed, bowing down to her again and whispering a ridiculously high number into her ear. He then got up again and smiles at her. "That's my age... I could baby everyone, you know?" He then said and laughed a bit again. "Just let me pat you..." Shura then added and keeps smiling at Snow.

@Jennete

Snow: She sighed and smiled just a bit, shaking her head at him. "Fine. But just because you are insanely old doesn't mean I have to you know enjoy being babied. I take care of myself. I mean... I have survived this long all on my own you know?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back