• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Winding Oaks' Equine Academy RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Alec Rosewood
Alec was enjoying the show. It was actually pretty nice to just sit around and watch tv with a friend. Speaking of a friend he felt like he was forgetting something.....or maybe someone? THere was someone important he was supposed to meet up with today but he couldn't remember who. When Ken came back in with popcorn Alec immediately grabbed a handful. "Really? I had no Idea. I thought Spirit was your only one?" Showed how much Alec talked to others about their personal lives. Well he did but he tended to forget. "What's your mare like?"

Leo Fairchild
Leo quickly finished up Echo. He could tell the girl wasn't exactly excited at the moment. "Your first time abroad takes time to adjust. Even if you know people. I traveled all the way from America to South Korea just to study under Suzy. It's a little lonely at first but you will make more friends. And I'm sure once Alec settles in he'll come find you." Leo led Echo into her stall. He said goodbye to Paisley as she left. "It's going to be an interesting year." He mumbled before heading back to his dorm to prepare for the orientation tonight.

Time Skip To Evening

Suzy Rosewood

The Headmistress sighed while looking at the paper work on her desk. She swore it was never ending. Between going through making sure all the release forms were filled out and planning for the orientation tonight. Looking at the clock it was getting close to dinner time. Leaning forward in her chair she pressed the button on the microphone to make an announcement. "Attention students and staff of Winding Oaks'. This is your Headmistress speaking. Orientation will begin in 15 minutes. Please head to the auditorium next to the dinning hall." She repeated the message once more before stretching and walking out of her office. Her heels clicking as she walked.

wendy wendy Thunder_clouds Thunder_clouds holyman1998 holyman1998 Quiddles Quiddles

"Oh, she was one of my favorite horses. As a kid, I rode her around for like, one maybe two hours a day. I even dreamed of taking her to the rodeo with her. But one night, she caught Pneumonia during a rainstorm. My father tried giving her antibiotics but the infection spread through her too quick..."

Ken teared up.

"She barely made it through the night, but she didn't make it past 24 hours..."

Ken sobbed into his pillow, compulsively eating some popcorn.

Alec Rosewood
That....that was not what Alec was expecting at all. Its always hard losing a horse but when it was you heart horse its even worse. Alec dreaded the day he would have to put Echo down. Luckily she was only seven and has a long life ahead of her. Well unless something like that happened to her. "It's OK buddy. You have Spirit now. I know no horse can fully replace her but Spirit is a pretty awesome horse." It was then that Alec heard his mother over the dorm speakers. He handed Ken some tissues patting his back. "I hate to say this man but we need to get going." With that Alec stood up and patted his friends back one more time.

holyman1998 holyman1998

Ken nodded and wiped away his tears, following Alec to the Auditorium. At the Auditorium, he took his seat and looked over the coming arrivals. To the freshmen, it was their first year, to the seniors, it was their last year. To the professors and grad students, it was just another year.

Alanna tied her hair up and sped walk to the Auditorium, she sat behind the boys and waited for it to start.

Kerry followed the flow of students, giving a friendly grin and a hello to any others who happened to glance her way. She was quiet once she found her seat, however, and she took out a notebook and pen ready.

Paisley got up from her comfy seat in the common room and followed the migration of students to the auditorium. She sat down in the next available seat, arms crossed and clearly annoyed. Her leg wouldn’t stop bouncing as she looked next to her seeing a girl with a notebook and pen ready to take notes “woah, you’re so organised.” Paisley says leaning over to look at the notes she had made. “I’m Paisley Holt! And who are you Miss Organised?” Paisley says smiling softly at the girl who seemed so innocent, Paisley would definitely have to convert her to the dark side by the end of the year.

Paisley looked behind her seeing the familiar face of Alec Rosewood, Paisley frowned and turned to face the stage letting out a long sigh ‘I’ve made a new friend now anyway, there’s no need for me to cling to Alec’ Paisley thought to herself ‘but how could he just forget that a long term family friend was coming to his mothers school!’ Paisley ranted inside her head as Suzy begun the address the students.

Ch3rryBlossom28 Ch3rryBlossom28 Quiddles Quiddles

Aside from a logo at the top of the open page- Llanberis MRT- and an inexpert doodle of what might be a dog in one corner, Kerry's notes consist of absolutely nothing. Kerry's mouth quirks up at one corner at Paisley's comment. "Well trained, maybe," she suggests. "Team chief would go mental, if I forgot. Kerry Gwyneth." It's Paisley's turn to get a dose of her accent, slow and deliberate with rising and falling notes in places that sound unusual to anyone who hasn't heard it before. "Glad to meet you." She catches Paisley's expression when the girl turns back from a glance behind her. "But what's that face for?" Her sympathy may be cut off by the start of the orientation speech, her mouth abruptly closing when the headmistress appears at the front of the auditorium.

Ch3rryBlossom28 Ch3rryBlossom28 wendy wendy

Last edited:
Suzy Rosewood
Suzy took her time getting to the auditoriu. After all she wanted them to wait on her and not the other way around. By the time she got there it seemed as though all the students had arrived. This year was bigger than the rest because many had heard rumors about the competition being held at the end of this semester. She walked out onto the stage after Leo quieted everyone down. Her heels clicked loudly as she walked up to the podium.

"Hello students. FIrst offIwant to welcomem you all back for yet another school year. For those who are new, I welcome you all to Winding Oaks' Equine Academy. Here we will help you refine your riding skills as well as help you pursue a college degree of your choice." She pausedd for a moment before continuing. "As you all know Ihave a special annoucment to make tonight. Along with our usual end of the year competition, which is held in spring, this winter there will be a grand compition between all the major equine university in the country. The winner of each division will be granted a spot on the National Riding Team." At that annoucments there was a lot of chatter. Suzy let them speak for a minute before coughing into the mic catching everyone's attention again. "For my fellow eventers, the winner of the eventing competition will be given the opportunity to ride Lyrical Beauty in the upcomming season." Suzy could see excitment on the eventers faces. Even if they were new students everyone knew that was her personal horse.

"The new semester starts monday. Your schedule's along with your trainer's information has been sent to you. With that I wish you all good luck in the comming days. Make sure to prepare well for the competions and study had for your classes. If you slack in your classes you will not be allowed to compete. Hope you all have a wonderful evening. DInner will be served in the dinning hall." With that Suzy left the podium and headed out.​

“Alec Rosewood has decided to ignore the fact that I exist.” Paisley says to Kerry the girl obviously being very frustrated by the matter. However Paisley was cut short when Suzy appeared on the stage, addressing all the students and explaining about the amazing upcoming competition which got Paisley very excited! Joining the national team was her first step towards joining the Olympic team! Once Suzy had wrapped up her speech she turned to the girl next to her “hey, wanna go to dinner together?” She asks with a sweet smile as she hoped that the girl would say yes.

Ch3rryBlossom28 Ch3rryBlossom28 Quiddles Quiddles

Alec Rosewood
By the time the annoucement was over Alec realized what he was forggeting. His face instantly paled at it. He forgot to meet up with his childhood friend. Now when, you ask, did he realize this? When his mother mentioned that teh winner of the eventing competition would get to compete on her horse. That was the news he wanted to tell Paisley before this began and he got cought up with riding ad unpackng.

"
Hey Ken, Ineedto go find an old friend of mine. You are more tha welcome to join but just and fyi....shes probably pissed at me." Alec ran a hand through his hair and let out a deep breath. He turned round to look at Alanna. He knew she was there because he saw her sit behind them before it started. "Hey Alanna, you are also welcome to come. We can then all go get some dinner afterwords."

Interactios: holyman1998 holyman1998 Thunder_clouds Thunder_clouds
Mentions: wendy wendy

"Alright, I'll be in the dorm." Ken got up and went over to check on spirit. He made sure his horse was fed and then went over to the dorm, making himself some dinner.

"Alec, now, that's just men, they can't be multitasking," Kerry says to Paisley as they clamber out of their seats and file towards the door. "Too busy worrying about everything new to have a thought in his head for anything else, I expect." The Welsh girl tucks her notebook away, still un-written-in, and glances around at the other students. "I'd love to sit with you," she says, returning Paisley's smile, "if I can be asking Alanna too? We were in the dorms together, but then we got separated, on the way here. Do you think we'll have time for some hacking, tomorrow? Puzzle's a bit... explode-y, I don't think they exercised him enough in quarantine."

wendy wendy

Last edited:
Alanna nodded slightly "I'll have to see what i'm doing tonight, ill call you if i can." She half smiled as she walked to her dorm.

Paisley smiled excitedly as the two girls headed down to dinner together “I think we might be able too, I’m not actually sure when classes properly start but we could get up early if we need too.” Paisley says letting her brown locks down from her messy bun as she quickly ran her fingers through her hair. The two girls entered the dining hall and were greeted with a great array of foods all tailored to meet the needs of the active young riders. Paisley picked up a plate and begun shuffling down the queue putting everything that took her fancy on her plate, once finished she grabbed a drink and the two girls then decided to find somewhere to sit. “So Kerry, what’s your discipline? From looking at you I’d guess show jumping because you have that confident look about you.” Paisley says before digging into her meal.

Quiddles Quiddles

Kerry walked part of the way to the dining hall almost backwards, looking around herself for Alanna, but finally giving up. "I'm sure she was sitting just a couple of rows back, but I can't see her now," she muttered, shaking her head. "I hope she's not thinking I've abandoned her or something. Never mind."

She sheer variety and quantity of food on offer seemed to boggle the girl, and she spent several moments eyeing the various labels, causing a bit of a backlog among the other students in the queue. Occasionally she read out an label with an unfamiliar food name on it. When the grumbling behind her became too much she picked a plateful seemingly based on whatever was recognisable to her- mostly fries with some sort of cheeseburger almost hidden underneath- doused the pile thoroughly in ketchup, and rounded it off with a soda before skidding herself into a seat next to Paisley. They'd picked somewhere with plenty of spare seats next to them, in case anyone else they recognised came to join them.

"It will be good to be back in the saddle," Kerry said, nodding at the possibility of a ride before lessons, then looking nonplussed at Paisley's next remark. "Confident? Well... thank you? It's eventing I'm signed up for, although jumping is Puzzle's best phase. Part horse, part kangaroo, that one. What is your discipline, then? Your horse is..." she tilts her head as she tries to recall. "...the big dun gelding?"

Interactions: wendy wendy
Mentioned: Thunder_clouds Thunder_clouds
Come on and join then at dinner? Ch3rryBlossom28 Ch3rryBlossom28 Thunder_clouds Thunder_clouds holyman1998 holyman1998

Alanna quickly brushed through her hair and sped walked down. She gathered herself before walking in, She sat next to Kerry placing a small salad on her own plate. “Hey guys, sorry i’m late.” She sounded flustered but laughed quietly.

Kerry looked across with a smile when Alanna arrived. "Hi Alanna! Have you met Paisley? Paisley, this is Alanna. We were just talking about our riding disciplines."

Alec Rosewood/Leo Fairchild
Once Ken and Alanna left Alec went to find Paisley bumping into Leo. The two of them headed over to the dinning hall. Leo kept making fun of him for forgetting about Paisley. When they got there Leo told Alec that he'd get them both food and that he should find Paisley. With that Alec moved around the crowd. He had to promise he wasn't skipping the line before other let him through. His eyes couldn't help but wonder towards the food. His mother always made sure they had the best food. He shook his head to focus on the task at hand. Finding Paisley.

Alec finally found her with some girls he saw earlier. "Paisley!" He called out. A few people turned to look at him and he muttered an apology. He jogged up to her. "I'm so sorry Paisley. There are no excuses for not coming to find you earlier. Please forgive me." He clapped his hands together in a begging motion.
It wasn't long after that Leo arrived with two trays of food. "Do you guys have room for us to sit?"
wendy wendy Thunder_clouds Thunder_clouds Quiddles Quiddles

As guilty as Ken was for not attending the dinner party, He was constantly thinking of ways to make up for it. A ride out with Alec? Some jumping practice? who knows? As far as ken was concerned though, this pot pie was tasty. When he was done with heartland's third season, Ken turned over to the Witcher and started watching that.

Paisley looked at Alec and rolled her eyes “Sit next to me Leo.” Paisley says grabbing the graduate student by the arm and pulling him into the chair next to her. To anybody else this would of been just a petty argument but when Paisley told Alex she’d be coming to his mothers academy he promised that he’d look out for her and after Paisley realised that Alec had completely forgotten about her it made her feel so lonely. Paisley ate a few more bites of food before the annoyance of Alec’s presence became too much for her too handle. “I’m gonna head to bed, if you want to go for a ride tomorrow Kerry just knock on my door I’m in room 740.” Paisley says before wishing Kerry and Leo a goodnight but starred daggers at Alec.

Ch3rryBlossom28 Ch3rryBlossom28
Quiddles Quiddles

Kerry looked over as both Alec then Leo arrived, giving Alec a quick wave without interrupting his apology. "Plenty of room. 'lo Leo," she added as Paisley comandeered the older student into sitting.

At Paisley's obvious unhapiness and irritation, Kerry gave the other girl a close look, but apparently decided not to press her further about it for now and simply said "Thank you. Good night!"

That left just herself with the two boys and Alanna. "Well, then. That happened. I do a nice line in running messages, Alec, if you'll be doing the not speaking to each other thing with Paisley." She dunks a fry in ketchup and stirs it around before pulling out some small talk. Equine small talk, anyway. "What do you think of the changes to FEI rules, then?"

Thunder_clouds Thunder_clouds

Last edited:
Alanna sat across from them quietly eating food, She watched everyone but kept to herself. She ran her hand through her hair and ate a mint. She pulled down the dress she was wearing as she stood up. She waved a goodbye and left walking around the endless halls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back