• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Winding Oaks' Equine Academy RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Ch3rryBlossom28

Ice Queen
1577244696507.png
Congratulation! You have been accepted to attend Winding Oaks' Equine Academy! Here you will be able to continue you education as well as compete with your for legged friend. Those who make it in the top rank for competitions also get scholarships to pay for this lavish academy. So make sure you win or you will be paying a fortune to attend.
This year is a special year. This year there will be a large competition held between all the top equine schools for each discipline. The winner receives a large monetary prize as well as a spot on the national equestrian team. The winner of the eventing competition also earns a chance to ride Winding Oaks' Headmistress's eventing horse for one show season.​

Last edited:
It is the beginning of the new year at Winding Oaks'. All the students had already arrived and if they hadn't their horses definitely had, after all it was first come first serve for spots at the on campus barns. There were many hacking their horses whether it be to enjoy the nice weather out or new students letting their horses see the facility for the first time. There was excitment in the air due to the normal end of the year competition and the large one between other schools.

Out in one of the jumper arenas there was a flash gold jumping over a large oxer knocking down the second pole. "Alec! She is too forward on the wider jumps! You need to get her move back on her haunches to collect her self better. That way she will have more power pushing off." A female on a dapple grey thoroughbred stood in the middle of the arena. It was none other than the Headmistress herself on her horse giving her son one final lesson before the year began. Once it began he would be taught by the main jumping instructor like everyone else. Alec brought Echo down to a walk and joined his mother. "Let me show you." Suzy picked up her reins and moved Lyric forward. The thoroughbred picked up a collected trot and then canter heading towards the large oxer. As they got closer you could physically see the mare move back on her haunches collecting her self more, each stride stronger than the last, before jumping over the jump flawlessly. "Now do it just like that." Alec groaned. Sometimes he hated lessons with his mother for she was always a perfectionist. He picked his reins and he did the jump again, this time going better with only Echo's hind foot clipping the second railing. With that Suzy ended the lesson. She hopped up Lyric and handed her to Leo who was watching on the sidelines holding his helmet. "Cool her off and then put her away." With that the Headmistress headed off toward the barn to change. Normally she would do it herself but she was busy preparing for the new year.

Alec walked Echo up to Lyric and Leo but kept his distance for he knew that Echo would just try and nip at the other mare's but like a typical boob. "Care to hack the field together?" Alec asked the graduate student. Said student easily hopped onto Lyric before walking off. "I thought that was a given." And with that the two males headed outside the arena to hack around.

holyman1998 holyman1998 Thunder_clouds Thunder_clouds wendy wendy Quiddles Quiddles Writers Fury Writers Fury

Ken entered the barn and walked his pinto horse into the stables.

"Morning Alanna, how's Oceanic doing?" He waved towards the fellow sophomore.

"Welcome to Winding Oaks, Paisley! I see you got quite the big horse there." He waved at the freshman

"And 'Ello to you Kerry. How's it like moving here from Wales?" He waved at the other freshman.

Once he reached Spirit's stable, Ken opened the door and lead the brown pinto in; calmly walking out of the stable and closing the door afterwards to keep the stallion in.

"I'm going to get set up in my dorm, okay Spirit?

Alanna gave Ken a smile as he walked past, she opened Oceanic's stable door and led her inside. "I'll be back girly" She brushed Oceanic's forelock out of her eyes. Alanna walked out closing the door and she started searching for a hay bale to put in her mares trough. Alanna walked through the beautiful stable taking in the sights and waving at the people in it. Alanna picked up a hay bale and walked to Oceanic's stall, Once she arrived she tossed the bale into the trough. She kissed the mares nose and started searching for her new dorm on the map that was sent to her.

Kerry sang into a hoof-pick as though it were a microphone as she brushed out her chunky pinto's coat; a Katy Perry tune with entirely new lyrics mostly about mud. Where the gelding had found a mud patch to roll in was a mystery, and he munched peacefully on a haynet wearing an expression of beatific innocence and keeping his secrets. Kerry whirled towards the door as she heard Ken call her name, eyes wide, hoofpick stick hovering at her chin as she spotted the Western rider and his stallion clopping past. "Spirit, is it? Alright or wha?"

She was done with the brush by the time Alanna came past, and was outside the box closing up a carabiner to fix a chain around Puzzle's door bolt. "...and none of your nonsense, hear me?" she scolded him cheerfully, before trotting a bit faster to catch up to the older girl. "Hello! I'm Kerry. You're another student here, I'm thinking?" It's obvious she's not a local; the words flow up and down with a cadence and tone that are instantly recognisable to anyone familiar with her nation of birth.

Alanna looked up from the map, "Oh hi, Yeah im a student here" Her tone was friendly though it was quiet. She gave Kerry a smile radiating happiness. She watched other riders specifically Alec and Leo. She smirked rolling her eyes while watching them and she looked back to Kerry.

Last edited:
"Know them already, you do?" Kerry asked, spotting Alanna's glance towards the boys. "They'll be along in a minute, maybe. Are we getting room mates? Do we get to choose?"

Alec and Leo finished their cool down pretty quickly which was a plus to riding extremely fit horses. They dismounted their horses before leading them into the stable to untack and rinse them off. The barn was crowded this morning which was to be expected. "Hello Alanna." Leo said walking up to the two girls. Leo was one of Alanna's dressage trainers the previous year. He was sure Alec didn't remember her name for the boy always had trouble with remember names. Leo glanced down at his watch to look at the time. "You might want to hurry up Alec. You'll be moving into your new room today." Leo, used to being a groom to Alec and his mother, held out his hand to take Alec's reins.

Alec muttered under his breath. He didn't like other taking care of Echo. Said mare was currently giving the mare stare at Lyric clearly oblivious to the situation. Alec was living by himself over the summer but got switched to dorms like everyone else once school started. Today he would get his roommates and luckily he already knew one of them. Sighing Alec gave in and handed Leo the reins. "Make sure to ice her hind legs. She knocked down a few poles." Even though the mare had hind boots on Alec still wanted to prevent swelling. Alec spotted Ken behind the girls, finishing up with his stallion. "Hey Ken! We are rooming together this year. Want to head over together?" He called out.

Leo glared at the boy for yelling in the barn but knew it wasn't going to do anything. Honestly that child could get away with murder here since his mother owned the place. Leo brought his attention back to the two girls in front of him. One was clearly knew for he didn't know her. "Hello. I'm Leo. A grad student and trainer here at Winding Oaks'. I would shake your hand but," He looked up at Echo who he was holding at arms length away from Lyric.

Quiddles Quiddles Thunder_clouds Thunder_clouds holyman1998 holyman1998

Ken noticed the boys and waved over to them. "Yeah, let's head over!" He dashed up to Alec and followed him to the dorms.

At the dorms, Ken was unpacking by his bed, including some personal belongings. On the nightstand, he placed a picture of his father, next to his former horse. He still had flashes of his childhood every time he looked into the frame.

"Oh Father, It's a shame I can only visit you on break. You're getting old now..."

Last edited:
Kerry blinked a bit as Ken dashed past and off with Alec, shrugged at Alanna in a 'what can you do?' sort of way, then eyed the two horses that Leo had been left holding. "Don't you worry about that, now," she told him, then offered, "are you needing an extra pair of hands for a moment? Unless I should be hurrying off with Alanna?"

The stable was a hive of activity, Alec seemed to have gotten back from a hack with Leo, Ken was merrily wishing everyone a good morning and well Kerry was being Kerry as Paisley laughed at the girl singing into the hoof pick. Paisley was leaning on Max's stable door watching her horse, he hadn't settled as easily into the new environment as she had hoped but the young women thought that time was help her big horse adjust. "Abandoning us already?" Paisley says pretending to be extremely hurt by their departure from the large stable then Kerry even dashed off leaving her with just Alanna for company.

Paisley turned back to Max concerned. "Maybe a little walk will calm you down ey?" Paisley says reaching for the lead rope hooked on the side of Max's stable door as she popped it over his head and fasted the buckle loosely. "It's not that bad here Max. You'll love it when I feed you all the best stuff at dinner time." Paisley says gently patting the horses shoulder as she led him out of the barn and down one of the many dirt lanes. "See you guys later! Just taking Max for a bit of a walk to settle him." Paisley says to the group before she walked off.

Half was through their walk Max seemed slightly calmer but still skittish. "Whats up with you buddy? Missing home because I feel the same way." Paisley says continuing to walk. "I'll have to ask Suzy for some advice and I also need to catch up with Alec. I haven't seen him in ages!" Paisley says turning back towards the stables hoping that her giant horse would feel more relaxed soon.

Quiddles Quiddles Ch3rryBlossom28 Ch3rryBlossom28 holyman1998 holyman1998 Thunder_clouds Thunder_clouds

"Hey Leo" Alanna smiled at Leo and put her hands in her hoodie pocket. Alanna leaned against the fence that was behind her and let the two talk. She noticed she had dirt on her newly washed pants How did this even happen she thought to herself and sighed. She watched as people tacked and untacked their horses, the stables was never short of busy. She ran her hand through her long hair and looked at her wrist thinking there was a hair tie, when she discovered there was none she sighed in disappointment. She tried building up some courage to interrupt the two, "Sorry to cut in but i believe we are roommates this year Kerry." She said in her usual quiet but happy tone.

Alec Rosewood
Alec felt a little bad leaving Leo with Echo AND Lyric. Echo was a handful by herself much less with another horse. He knew Leo could handle though, after all his horse was the same way. So instead of thinking about it he made conversation with Ken asking how his summer was. When they reached the dorm Alec took a peek into the other two rooms (there were four of them in total). It seemed the other two already unpacked and had left.

Alec walked to his room and began unpacking what little he had. Unlike the rest of the students he had early access to the room and had started unpacking earlier in the week but gave up half way through. He put up a few picture of him and his mother. One when he graduated high school and another with them on their horses. He then had a few of him on Echo. When he first got her as a foal, then when he first rode her, his first championship they won and one that was just from a photo-shoot they did together. He really did love that dumb mare. After all her did raise her for the past seven years. When he finished his room he poked his head into Ken's room. "How's the unpacking going?"

Interaction: holyman1998 holyman1998

Leo Fairchild
Leo looked at Kelly with a blank look on his face. He had not even considered that the girl would ask to help. He wanted it but couldn't just hand either horse off to anyone. One was the prized horse of the Headmistress and the other.....well the other was a mare that could be a bit much to handle. From the corner of his eye he saw Alanna reach for a hair tie that wasn't there. Surprisingly he had one. Now why might a man with short carry hair ties? Well that was because he was surrounded my girls. Lots and lots of girls that always lost their hair ties right before getting ready to enter the ring. Leo pulled one of the many that he was wearing off his wrist and handed it to her. "Why don't you two go head to your dorms and unpack. I'm used to handling these two. One of the pros to following the Rosewoods to shows for years. There is a little orientation this evening before dinner. It's to talk about the events that will happen over this semester."

Leo saw Paisley come back up to the barn with her horse Max. He knew the duo pretty well since she was around a lot in the early years. "
Hey Paisley. Swap Max's stall with Dino." Dino Was the gelding that was currently in the stall next to Lyrics. "Lyrics is a good stall buddy to have. It might calm him down more being next to a horse who didn't just come in." He started to lead the two mares towards the other girl. Both were ready to have their tack taken off of them. "After that why don't you come help me rinse Lyric off. I'm sure Suzy wouldn't mind you handling her." Paisley had been around the twos horses more times than he could count.

wendy wendy Quiddles Quiddles Thunder_clouds Thunder_clouds

"It's going fine, about halfway done," Ken replied. After he finished unpacking, Ken got out a bag of cheddar popcorn from the cabinet and started snacking while turning on the TV. "You in for some netflix?"

Alec Rosewood
"Remember we have orientation before dinner. From what I hear its going to be great.But we can watch till then." Alec already knew the news and was excited about the upcoming year. To be able the automatically join the National team would be amazing! Alec entered the man's room and found an open seat. "I'm up to watch whatever. Didn't have much time over the summer to watch."

Ken nodded and turned on Heartland.

"I heard this is a good horse show, how much of it have you watched?" Ken said, going through the seasons.

"Your a life saver Leo!" She yelled to him as he led the horses, she pulled her hair into a messy bun. "I'll be in our dorm Kerry, take my number just in case." Alanna handed Kerry her number and walked to the dorms. Alanna strung up lights on her half of the dorm as the finishing touch. She got down from the step stool and admired her hard work happily. She grabbed her laptop and laid on her bed surrounded by extremely soft blankets, she turned on Netflix selecting Parks and Rec.

Kerry gave an accepting shrug. "Any time you are needing a hand, Leo, just ask. You'll be wanting to know I'm not completely tup first, before letting me at anything I might be breaking, I expect," she added with a grin. She thanked Alanna for the number, and it was not long afterwards that she was out of the barn and hunting out the students' rooms.

Kerry hadn't brought much beyond the recommended packing list of clothes and other items, although there were a few bits of clothing that looked more suited to mountaineering than to riding, and some hi-viz outerwear. There were no photos, but she arranged a line of books on the shelf beside her bed, then went to admire Alanna's efforts at making the place look nice. "Pretty lights! Have you been away from home before, now?"

Paisley waved at Leo as the met in the middle. “Thanks Leo and I’ll be up in a second to help with Lyric.” The young women says before heading into the barn and seeing Dino. “Sorry Mate, but we’re gonna have to do a bit of a swap.” Paisley says to Dino quickly tying up Max and swapping him into the Max’s old stable and putting Max in Dino’s old stable. “See you a dinner time buddy.”‘ Paisley says pulling the latch shut on the stable door and heading out to help Leo.

“Hello Lyric. Long time no see.” Paisley says stroking the horses neck. Paisley had known Suzy and Alec since she was 6 years old mainly because her father was also an Olympic champion, both parents seemed to want to create the next generation of Olympic horse riders in the family which is why Alec and Paisley got stuck with such strict teachers. “How have you been Leo? It feels like a long time since I’ve seen you.” Paisley asks the graduate student. Paisley wouldn’t admit it but she already felt like she was being left out as everyone seemed to be getting along already while she was just left, even Alec hadn't acknowledged her arrival yet.

Ch3rryBlossom28 Ch3rryBlossom28 Quiddles Quiddles Thunder_clouds Thunder_clouds holyman1998 holyman1998

Alanna smiled at Kerry “A few times ima till not used to it yet” she sighed “It’s nice to be around
girls my age. What about you?” Alanna replied

"I've been working, away over the mountain, since a year," the Welsh girl replied. "Living with the sheep. Not the only shepherd," she reassured, "it's four of us, there were, and home just over the other side. Puzzle and I were riding it in a day to visit, when we could. Fifteen miles, maybe? Thousand feet up and down, I reckon, and no travelling that way in winter. The furthest I've ever been from home, this is. But everybody is very friendly, here. It will be like another family, I'm hoping," she added, with the first hint of something other than concrete certainty in her tone.

Last edited:
Alec Rosewood
Alec had heard of Heartland and he did begin watching it bu unfortunately his riding had taken president over it. Between his morning chores and riding the horses he was exhausted when he got home. "I think I mad through the first season? I really love show. If I ever get tired of show jumping as a career choice I would definitely want to do what she does." It was true. He loved working with damaged horses. Most of the time they end up being fantastic horses.
holyman1998 holyman1998
Leo Fairchild
Leo waited till Paisley was done moving the horses around he handed her Lyrics reins. The mare seemed pretty content with the girl. Leo took off Echo's bridle and put her halter, hooking her onto the cross ties next to Lyric. He then began to flow into a rhythm one that was obvious he's done a million times. He kept a close eye on Echo's flickering ears for the mare was known to stomp out at people who were not Alec. "It has been a while hasn't it? Nothing too new. Been competing with Bubba in trail competitions mostly. I came back here when Suzy asked for some help teaching lessons. She also offered me a full ride through my Master's. Couldn't exactly say no. So Bubba and I flew out here." At this point Leo fully un-tacked Echo and started rinsing her off. "How have you been? Happy to finally be here? Alec was happy when he found out you got accepted."
wendy wendy

Paisley has fully untracked Lyric being careful the with expensive tack and she also begun wiping down the horse. She listened to Leo “Well, I’m glad to have another familiar face around here.” Paisley says her expression saddening as she thought of her home country. All the friends she had left behind and of course her parents all in pursuit of a professional equestrian career. “Yeah, I’m doing okay.” Paisley lied, being home away for the first time was taking a toll on the girl. “Well, he doesn’t seem to be too happy about it, I’ve barely seen him around.” Paisley says. Paisley finished off grooming Lyric as she placed the priceless horse next to Max. She washed Lyric’s tack before putting them back in their spot in the tack room.

The homesick freshmen stood by her horses stable, “I guess you’ve been unsettled because I’m unsettled as well.” Paisley says her horse pushing its head against her shoulder. “We’ll find our place here soon enough.” Paisley says placing her forehead to Max’s before heading towards the dorms.

Paisleys father had demanded that his daughter have a private room and after much back and forth to Suzy Paisley finally got a private room at a much greater cost. Paisley slipped off her yard boots and jodhpurs and pulled on a pair of comfy sweat pants with an oversized t shirt. “Maybe I should go to the common room.” Paisley says heading down into the large space with sofa’s and a TV as she made herself comfortable and switched on the TV.
Ch3rryBlossom28 Ch3rryBlossom28

open for interaction

Ken nodded and started from the second season of Heartland. As they watched the second season, Ken took a break to make some popcorn and serve some soft drinks.

"You know, Spirit's actually my second horse. I used to have a mare back home."

Alanna listened to each of Kerry's words, "Yeah people here tend to be genuinely nice." Alanna got up from her bed, "I'm grabbing something from the cafe down the street, would you like anything?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back