Other Why did you pick your name?

Mine is honestly short for a name I used a few years ago when I played this game called Star Stable xD I stopped playing ages ago, but somehow this name always comes back to me. I still use the name Scarlett whenever I'm online and stuff xD

I picked KC because it's short and sweet. It also came up when I tried to find some gender neutral names..

DVationz
3 Parts- (DV) (Deviation) (z)
DV- I came up with this part as a personal flair and because in most fonts that I use for personal writings, roleplay, or otherwise, the capital combo of these two letters looks lovely. It's other intention is to make the word I use, Deviation, shorter for everyone's sakes.

Deviation- Firstly, the definition, "the action of departing from an established course or accepted standard." Now the explanation. I've been a gamer since I was a mere 8 years old. As I played more and more games, I got tired of the usual game play, so I started doing bizarre things that most often worked for some reason or another. About three years ago? I needed to update my old cringy username from preteen years (Shadowblade017) so I started googling words that sounded cool. I happened upon deviation, read the definition, and realized this was pretty much what I was doing on a daily gaming basis. So I based my whole username around this word.

z- This adds to the DV flair and pluralization of what I do in gaming, but it also points out the fact that eventually I'll run out of ways to deviate things in my game. Z is the last letter of the alphabet, and so Z is the last letter of my username, and signifies that eventually there will be an end to my ways.

I thought really long and hard on why exactly I chose DVationz as my name, and I feel this explanation covers my reasoning pretty well.

Zixzaxzebu is a bastardization of 666, the number believed to represent hell or Satan. And dyne means power. Thus, I get power from changing the appearance of things. Z is the last letter of the letter, and one that is rarely seen in words. You often see z somewhere in the names of demons. Additionally, letters like x and z are used in naming uncommon or obscure items, often making those words sound as far out as their meaning might imply. Above all my personal nomenclature I find this recently joined a special treat because it acts like an arcane chant equipping me with new eyes so that I may see this world for my self.

Noble and Scion where two words that fell out of use a long time ago, I thought about what I feel like and they sprung to mind given my appreciation for older terms...
Young royalty, with power they cannot use and can do nothing but wait patiently and do nothing while waiting for the day they grow up, only to find out they had nothing all along..

I didn't want my account here to be attached to all of my social account who all have the same name so I had to find a new one.

There's this lame game you maybe played, named Emily Is Away. This game has no rules and no finality, it kinda just leave you feeling empty. I liked the idea of a name that always tells you " Nope ".

No further explanation required right ?

Well I picked my name because I love the movie Memoirs of a Geisha. The main characters name was Chiyo before she became Sayuri. I'm in love with Japanese culture!

It is the name of one of my favorite characters in a board game called Heroscape and i used it as a handle on my first WoW character...

i picked it because i'm a parasite.

sndioed jkjk idk why i picked it i just know i used it for another website but i don't even remember why i chose it or how i came up with it or anything.

I really love Nancy Wheeler, and the 'fueled' part was inspired by that scene at the party where the guy said 'pure fuel' when Nancy asked what was in the punch.

My username is actually the name of one of my story characters from middle school. I honestly love it, but no one seems to pronounce it correctly. (Ku-o-ku)

About 2 years ago,(?) I started Nationstates. So far, I've had 2 nations deleted. My 2nd one was called Fondezer. Why? I actually have no idea. It was random, and it sounded good. I've used Fondezer as my name for plenty of things now.

I was looking for a different username than I always use, and I thought about things I like. I remembered that on the NaNoWriMo forums my avatar is a wolf, and I really liked it. Then I found the picture I'm currently using and just liked the fur coloration on the wolf combined with the snow, and came up with "Winter_Wolf." It's also winter now I guess, or at least I think of it as winter now.

It's also winter now I guess, or at least I think of it as winter now.
I know how you feel bro.
meanwhile-in-canada_o_6797217.jpg

I know how you feel bro.
meanwhile-in-canada_o_6797217.jpg

Lol! Personally I'm in central California--not much snow down here, although there is in the mountains (or will be soon). In 1998 when I was a little boy there actually was a little dusting of snow down here in the valley. My brother and I got our plastic snow sleds we used for the snow in the mountains and slid across the lawn a few times lol. I get my snow supplement from pictures, movies, and hearing the woes of snowed-in places elsewhere in the country.

Lol! Personally I'm in central California--not much snow down here, although there is in the mountains (or will be soon). In 1998 when I was a little boy there actually was a little dusting of snow down here in the valley. My brother and I got our plastic snow sleds we used for the snow in the mountains and slid across the lawn a few times lol. I get my snow supplement from pictures, movies, and hearing the woes of snowed-in places elsewhere in the country.
Cool! I have been to California a few times, it sure seems like a nice place. I don't mind the occasional snowfall, and even prefer moderately low temperatures over hotter temperatures, but hate the traffic jams that come with fresh snow. Plus, we never get snow days lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back