Other Why did you pick your name?

Vali Ulfr

The Battle Slain Wolf
So i have been seeing a different variety of names many of them have different meanings or they are just them. I started to wonder.... Why? why did you guys choose your names? I choose mine because it means "the eye" refering to god. I have always been a watchful person for others and also means hot spring i always had a connection with water. hby

Last edited by a moderator:
My name is Lord Pug because I love pugs and well I really wanted people to know I'm a boy because I'm kind of sensitive about being called a girl (as in, I hate it) so I added "Lord" which is ordinarily a masculine title. I suppose I could've gone with Mr. Pug or something like that but I just liked how regal Lord Pug sounded. Plus I've used it before on other sites.

Jin- Samurai Champloo

Kai- Means sea. A sea can be calm sometimes, it can be rough. It's unpredictable like me. 

At the time I registered I was going through a huge Fantastic Four phase. The Negative Zone is some weird parallel universe from Marvel comics that originated in the early Fantastic Four comics and the name of it is just my brand of ridiculous. It's stuck with me pretty well and even grown on me because it's just fun for me to say. I'm not really into Marvel stuff much at the moment but I'm still glad to be the Negative Zone

I named my self this because in real life, I really dont like to talk to people. So I consider my self just that. And outcast

I play Aatrox a lot and I have (and adore) the justicar skin.

Aatrox is a Darkin. I'm a Dork that sometimes Roleplays him. So, my crew dubbed me 'Justicar Dorkin'. I love it xD

IG-88 is the badass assassin droid in my profile picture I'd been a playing the expansion for Empire at War with it a lot at the time, 42 is obviously The Answer.

That and it's a mostly unique handle that's actually under the character limit for usernames sometimes.

A few years ago I wanted to change my tumblr URL but couldn't find anything that wasn't taken. I sat on a username generator for about a half hour until the two words "Sophisticated" and "Truffle" came together. I thought it had a quirky ring to it so I started using that username for everything. It is almost NEVER taken on any website I ever visit. 

A year or two ago, I tried to come up with a word that was a cross between "nerd," "dork," and "geek," which I consider myself to be. I had already come up with "nork" for nerd + dork, but I wanted to throw geek in there. So the word "genork" was birthed from this beautiful mind of mind. When I was coming up with a username for MyAnimeList, I sat there for a while like, "God, what do I do?" I first thought of using my coined term, but then I realized: my love for anime wasn't included in this word. Shoving the word anime in front of it fixed the problem, so I became "AnimeGenork." This is perhaps the third or fourth site I've been on that I joined and immediately used that name for. I use it for everything, because I'm lazy to have separate usernames for everything. ^^

so about in late winter this year i started getting into haikus

a lot of them

and i just adopted them into my online names

Weeelllll... Actually it was about 11 years ago, I think. I was taking a Spanish class in 10th grade, and doing really well in it. There were these two girls who sat behind me, they were friends with each other and kinda... gave this "ditzy/slacker" vibe. I'm sure they were lovely girls if you got to know them, this is just the impression I got. Mostly because they'd talk/giggle through class, and then tap me on the shoulder to ask for answers on assignments. I was too nice/timid to protest this, and honestly didn't care, so I'd help them out. One day, one of them was trying to get my attention and had forgot my name. Instead, she called out "Hey, Suzi!" because apparently I looked like a Suzi to her.

...And I kinda liked it, as a nickname. Then I adopted it as a screen-name, and paired it with "Silver" because it sounded better than my other favorite colors (GreenSuzi or BlueSuzi just don't have the same ring to them).

The name "Vagabond" came from a name of a nerf gun, because i have an undying love for guns. and the "Spectre" part popped out of my head while registering. Originally my name is simply Vagabond, but i think it's better if i added Spectre too.

It makes me angry that my username is not recognized as a real English word so I'm trying to popularize it a bit. :P

Solar (Sun, related to) + esque (Resembling)

Meaning: Of or resembling the characteristics of the sun.

You would not be able to describe a person's warm character as solar, but you would be able to describe them as solaresque. You could not describe pretty, spherical light-globes as solar, but you would be able to describe them as solaresque. That's the main idea.

I also believe my personality is solaresque in kind; bright, tirelessly attempting to eradicate the darkness, and yet greatly fiery at close proximity.

All my previous pseudonyms felt kind of sappy that day and a little bit on the nose so I had an idea of using a genderless one and the first thing that crossed my mind was cloud when I glanced at the window. 

I was about to just stick with kumo-lumo but I got annoyed of that fairly quickly when my brother came by, a bit woozy and looked like he had a lot to drink last night. I joked him about not taking enough chasers (a follow-up drink, usually soda, to lessen intoxication) I suddenly had the great idea of combining both and came up with the name I have right now. :3

"Shelter"

A lot of people think I chose this because of the animation but I was playing a game called choices aka 20 diamonds for a stupid biniki that doesn't change much. I was trying to name my character Shelby but my tablet autocorrected to Shelter, and the name grew on me. I even used it for MC in Mystic Messenger.

Well... I'm a little crazy.

the-smile-man-willen-dafoe-creepy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back