Other Where did your title/rank come from?

Eh, Malz is sort of a mascot of mine, usually I reply with his opinion to statuses and such, so it seemed appropriate.

I'm a quick study. Most of the things I do even for the first time tend to end well, thus the title. And I love paradoxes.

mine is an inside reference to an old off-site roleplay group i was in, where i was by far the youngest player. i jokingly called myself the token emo kid amongst adults, and added 'edgy' to make it sound funnier after a while. 

i use it here because it's pretty much become a part of my identity across the internet, and i'm wayyy too lazy to come up with something better since it fits perfectly and requires no effort. 

My rank is "c r o w n ALBiE".

I chose that because that's what I usually use for usersnanes on other social media and sites. Albie is my name and yes, the i is supposed to be lowercase. I got crown because I see myself as a king. Not a queen, but a king.

Lightsaber form based on the principles of fencing and one-on-one combat

I gave myself that title merely because of my nature. I help others when they need it but I also protect them as well. I have bled for my friends, and I have defended my friends. So thusly I am the shield and the sword.

Mine is the battle cry of the Sweedish forces during the 30 years war, and has been a common battle cry or phrase for many germanic armies or solders. I am a bit of a history buff and I find Germanic warriors interesting, so that's why I picked mine. 

I have a habit of massively overthinking minor roleplay elements, and ultimately going into unnecessary detail. I once spent five hours coming up with an idea for thread. Thread. Like ... the stuff you sew with. We were in a sci-fi setting, and I decided I wanted my medic character to have biomechanical thread for stitching wounds. But regular thread wasn't sci-fi enough, so I spent four hours and came up with sci-fi thread that was seven layers of nanofibre, fungi, stem cells and unobtanium alloy, because REGULAR THREAD WASN'T SCI-FI ENOUGH. The roleplay lasted two days then died.

Then there was the next roleplay with many of the same players. My character sheet on that one ended up being longer than the previous four players' sheets combined.

Then there was another sci-fi one where I spent two and a half hours coming up with a semi-believeable recoil mechanism for a .60 caliber handgun, then proceeded to spent another two and a half hours fleshing out the Manufacturing company behind my character's gun. The gun was never used and the company was never spoke of again.

Now I need to finish my next character sheet - because apparently I couldn't just stop at 10,000 words of backstory ...

TL;DR I like the microscopic elements of worldbuilding too damn much

"Taffer"
It's a made-up insult from the original Thief games (which I didn't necessarily name myself after but which I very much love). In-universe it was originally a slang term for common criminals, but evolved into a general term for low-life. People use it in a similar way to how they use "bastard."

As I've earned all mine in battle,feats,tasks they all are simply refined & regal like myself. I have given out seven titles to those worthy to bear them

Mine is the first title I've ever had on RPN, long ago when I was still the Wizard of Odd.
I change it every now and then, but I always come back to this one. :'>

It merely comes from the fact that I have a horrid memory, and it shows a lot especially when I forget to mention people while in roleplays - hence, "The Forgettor". Not especially creative, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users who are viewing this thread

Back