Other Where did your title/rank come from?

Clear

Gunn
I see a lot of people with creative titles, or "ranks", and I'm curious as to where you peeps got them from or what inspired you to make them. Is there a story behind it, or maybe it's just something you came up with because you were bored? Do tell!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine came from an MMO I play, more specifically a character. She was a Fairy who wanted to build a place where people could gather and just be friends. She built the Fairy Fountain guild, and she was the Great Fairy (It recently burned to the ground, though)

She recently began taking on a life outside of the game in the form of an alternate internet persona for myself, so in addition to changing my avatar to a Fairy I also changed my title to Fairy Queen :P

All of my ranks and titles (The Undying Great Wizard, King of Stairs, Time Incarnate, King of Clocks, ect.) were all given by other people or they're inside jokes. They're generally just inside jokes. Maybe do what I did, take an inside joke and make it into a title. (Eg. My username used to be an inside joke. A friend of mine and I used to always joke about Lenny The Meme God, thus this became my username.)

'Double the D, double the fun'

Honestly, I thought that was a funny contextual gay joke so I just decided to roll with it. And it fit because of my name too, soooo bonus.

I LOVE ANIME GIRLS! 2D OVER 3D ANY DAY! 

Paranoid Android is a nickname for Marvin the chronically depressed robot in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio/tv/book/film/waytoohardtextadventuregame franchise.

My rank always seems to go with my avatar.  My first one was Wadanohara and my rank was "Straight Outta the Great Blue Sea."

The one I have currently is Starfire, so I aptly made my title "Intergalactic Warrior Princess," which sounds 110% more bad ass.

Paranoid Android is a nickname for Marvin the chronically depressed robot in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio/tv/book/film/waytoohardtextadventuregame franchise.

Ah, I thought you were a Radiohead fan.

For my part, mine's a reference to a 90s tabletop RPG. It's an endearing description one kind of supernatural uses to refer to another kind of supernatural; "My black-eyed cousin".

.......I also quite like Placebo, so I suppose it works on two levels :D

"A Lambent Heart" is my rank because I'm often told I am kind-hearted. But I feel as though I'm not the overt type rather more the subtle nice person. So lambent was chosen since it means a soft glow and well I imagine a kind heart to have light in it (in an artistic expression). 

this has been my rank for a while; i think when i initially started on rpnation i had been going through a rough patch and i was being hard on myself for being such a baby, but i eventually learned to embrace it instead of make myself feel bad about my feelings!! and a couple days ago when i booted up my account again i took the pic of juvia from fairy tail that's my icon on a lot of other platforms and discovered that my rank is crybaby and was like. ok. this is fitting

mine's simple in that both are deco*27 songs, although I've been considering changing my rank. the rank tends to be whichever song's stuck in my head atm, although I haven't changed it in a while due to laziness.

"Page Turner" 

Okay so I've been a bibliophile since I was a wee lad. Head buried in a book of one sort or another before I got into animations or movies. So I eased up then and became more selective. From a 'book worm' to a 'page turner' who actually thinks before reading a book therefore graduating from a consumer to a connoisseur. After that I've been using it as an alias,name and now a title. Just something I've grown used to :3 

I think there's only three I ever received. The first was 'Silent Killer'. This one's amusing; back when I was young in school, there used to be a table tennis table where everyone would play at during break. In order to be fair and ensure everyone had a chance of sorts, there was a sort of Queen-of-the-Hill thing going, with a strong player being allowed to play for as long as she keeps winning (ie. the 'Queen' is replaced when she loses, each challenger has one try). If the challenger won, they could initiate a real match (full 11-point) to dethrone the Queen. I was rather quiet when I was younger. Also pretty good at table tennis; I would always show up unannounced, pretty randomly and dethrone whoever was the Queen at the time. Possibly hold the position until break ends or I get dethroned myself :P  Fun times.

The second was 'Sarcasmist". Taken out of somewhere, but I was also really sarcastic at some point that some friends just gave me that label/title after a while. Then the last was 'Explorer' for well, my adventurousness - that one's too controversial a subject to raise here, heh, but it was pretty apt.

my title means 'precious love' in korean, it's one of my favourite songs by a group called TWICE and it has a lot of meaning to me. :)  

Mine is "The Duck Overlord" which is kinda self-explanatory.

But the story behind him...

Basically I started to develop this unhealthy obsession with ducks around seventh or eighth grade. It became a running joke for me and my friend group that I'd randomly blurt out (to break awkward silence) "I like ducks" or "Ducks." It never failed to make someone laugh. Around this time, everyone decided I was the Duck Overlord...either that or I came up with that. So everywhere I went I made references to my empire, and how me and my brethren would take over the world. Hence, when I saw that I could have a custom title on RPN, I knew right away what mine had to be.

The funny thing is, ducks are my fourth favorite animal. Rabbits are my first favorite. xD xD xD xD xD  

Mine almost always go with my mood or my profile picture. For example, right now it's "repressed n e r d" because of the episode of Steven Universe my pp is from. It's been song lyrics that fit my mood, randomness, etc. It depends on the day I think!

Mine came from the fact I am one of the two children of my immediate family, the youngest, and am thus "Prince" of my family's domain. Couple that with the fact I'm a dreamer, and you have my title: Prince of Dreams.

My entire layout is themed around my top favorite fictional character. He's my icon and signature, my screen name is based on his last name (Sakigami), and as for the rank? In the manga, his speech bubbles sometimes have ☆ in place of punctuation.

Mine came from my love for the Dark Souls series of games.

My title came from my character in Dark Souls III, which happens to be of the Dex. (assassin/ninja) build, who tends to strike hard and fast without warning.

Currently "Magiano's Treasure" because I looooove The Young Elites trilogy. Love it. So much. And the third book is taking forever to come out, which sucks because I need more Magiano.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back