Experiences Where did you roleplay before you came to RPNation?

I started when I was like....12 or 13 on TheTwilightSaga (yes....I know). One of the forums was dedicated to roleplay - started off as just Twilight related stories and characters and quickly turned into OCs and original plots. The site at some point was the most active in that forum. Unfortunately, it no longer exists, which is sad because I've been scouring the internet trying to find any shred of my old writing!

Then I jumped around to various rp sites whos names I can't remember - a couple went under, some were replaced with sites started by members of the others, etc etc. Wish I could find their names, I've been scrolling through this thread to see if anyone was also on those and I haven't found anything.

Then I took a break in highschool, picked it back up freshman year of college which is when I found RPN!

quotev!! ive been on there for about 9 years. crazy how time flies! i tried imvu but it didnt stick for me. i also tried discord but most people who roleplay on discord dont rp the same way i do unfortunately

quotev!! ive been on there for about 9 years. crazy how time flies! i tried imvu but it didnt stick for me. i also tried discord but most people who roleplay on discord dont rp the same way i do unfortunately

I haven't been there myself, but I hear rumors of that place. It's bad news. A certain youtuber tried to expose the site and it got taken down.

Ayenee
Yahoo/AIM
Chatango before it become smutt
Aoyn
Realms
Valucre
Umbra
Iwaku
Discord
Roleplaygateway
but I have always been apart of the White Sand Empire (WSE)

Regular old notebooks, email, and quizilla all started me off a long, long time ago. Myspace as well but that was an absolute mess both in practice for writing and by memory in general.

Branched off to forums after that? I forgot the names of them however, I focused on a Kingdom Hearts and few various anime forums. (Edit: I remember now, various proboard forums.) Eventually found tumblr eons later and hoo, many know how that place has become lately. Surprised I'm still on it a little.

Discord is my regular now, a few AU servers for MHA and one on one servers between friends to write and plan together. It's nice to see how people have worked through roleplay or see new beginners joining in.

Last edited:
Tumblr and Gaia mostly. It was getting harder to find partners on the latter site so I thought to try here.

I have used Tumblr, Feralfront/WCRPG, Yahoo/AIM, this strange Omegle-esq site for roleplaying, Rolechat, Toyhou.se, Discord, Hogwarts-School, and a few other sites that have since gone under.

Another Feral Front!!

That was one of my first ones, I think. Got on Xanje (I wonder if it went down with FF?) when they launched it but I primarily stayed on FF and I think Kik some???

Xanje is still active, as it's owned by Wyn, rather than Dynamo/his partner (blanking on her name, rip). I did hang out a short while on Xanje too, but I used it for the pet collecting aspect rather than for roleplay.

Discord, as I found it easier to message quickly.
However, I have come to this site after finding a thread on Quora of all places, which asked for sites regarding roleplaying and recruiting.

reddit was where i discovered it. so usually there but then I got discord so most moved to discord. done some on facebook but hasn't been successful at all to be honest

<p>

Lol finally remembered the password to my old chickensmoothie account and was browsing through my newbie stage roleplays ( cringing all the way ) and it got me to thinking. Where did everyone get their start in roleplaying? Did you start on a different site and migrate here or did you begin on RPnation itself? I personally started on gaiaonline and chickensmoothie. Both accounts are currently closed ( well I'm cleaning out chickensmoothie now and you can't really delete accounts on gaia ) But I did enjoy them for a time. Sadly I outgrew both of them eventually and that's how I found myself here.

</p>
Discord, and still do. My primary place, especially with a close nit group of friends.

Well, I started roleplaying back in 2000 when I first started college. At the time I was an English major and thought doing written RPGs would improve my writing. I started with Yahoo! Clubs, which became Yahoo! Groups in 2002. I fell of the RPG bandwagon during the late 2000s to focus on college more (it took me awhile to graduate) before deciding I had time to roleplay again after finding some free time and found Roleplay Gateway back in 2011. I am still technically there, but most players have been jumping ship due to the technical issues and the Head creator of the site not being helpful (which is sad). One player I work with found this site and we've moved our RPGs here last month.

wolfquest, then wolfplaygame, then discord. now i'm here because i don't like word limits and love testing site's servers

I started out on MSN and Chatango. When I was about thirteen or fourteen, I drifted to RoleplayerGuild. I've sort of moved around since, mostly between forums and IMing platforms, but I've been on Discord up until recently. I've also had ventures on VK, Tumblr, Facebook, and Skype too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back