Experiences Where did you roleplay before you came to RPNation?

I started out on MSN and Chatango. When I was about thirteen or fourteen, I drifted to RoleplayerGuild. I've sort of moved around since, mostly between forums and IMing platforms, but I've been on Discord up until recently. I've also had ventures on VK, Tumblr, Facebook, and Skype too.

I think I started on a site dedicated to vampires and werewolves when I was like... 11? So, over a decade ago. Can't for the life of me remember the name of it, though.

After that it was Quotev, Kik, iFunny (yes there were roleplays on there, no I don't suggest them), various jcink forums (mostly Harry Potter related), and then I finally found this place and discord like 4 years ago. Granted I dropped rping completely right after that, but I'm back now

I started on Yahoo IM then AOL I gradually gravitated towards Gaia. I’m still active there

The roleplaying sub-forums of a somewhat niche Sonic the Hedgehog board was where I found my passion for the hobby. But drama between its members (and some strange decisions on behalf of the site's founder) caused the forum in question to fold on itself, and I've been surfing other venues for some RP action ever since. I was going to try being an indie roleplayer on Tumblr at one point, and then joining groups, but those all fell through for various reasons.

DeviantArt, actually. Its where I met lots of people when I started getting into drawing. Gaia Online was also a place I frequented. Kind of melancholic to look back at DA and remember the fun times I had there and seeing how it all fell apart.

Scratch (coding site), CBBC Messageboard (uk kids tv channel site), Moshi Monster Forum, Storywriters (old lost app), Google +, Google Hangouts, Whatsapp, I think I have a few emails w my friends, Discord, Club Penguin, dabbled in a bit of Roblox rp in the past aswell.

I started out on this site called Kenopets (I think they changed names to Anatheria?) mostly RPing Pokemon (poorly, but I was six cut me some slack). I then bopped around for a while not staying for very long on a few other sites before settling down on the Dragon Cave Forums and roleplaying there for several years. Kind of fell out of interest with the game and community, then moved on to Tumblr, Instagram, and Discord. I tried getting into the communities there, but nothing really stuck for long as far as RP involvement went. Bebopped around for a while again, now I'm here.

On a side note, if you were on Dragon Cave in the early-mid 2010's and were active in the Freeform section: howdy, it's Drako. I know how to properly develop characters now.

I started roleplaying on the fansite LOTR Arwen-Undomiel.net, then went to Livejournal and GaiaOnline. I've done email, text message (back when texts had character limits), Tumblr, Discord, and independent forums too!

A medieval fantasy game called Kingdom Life II on Roblox, if I recall correctly.

I think I originally started on, in honest truth, a dating site known as Mocospace. And with my Giovanni muse to begin the quest too. My cousin had made me a profile on my new phone and I had a passion for writing and music. And they both began to show in my writing, when I could catch on quickly to details in battle. I was taught by elitists apparently that wanted a lot of detailing and technical work. But from there, it got kinda boring. So I started traveling to many other sites and realms.

Waay back in the dark ages of RP forums where the front page was 70% other RP forums in your webring and everything was html coded or proboards.
I used to co-run or mod some of the bigger digimon RP sites to the point i was no-life'ing them outside school acting as canon characters, site specific and ad-hoc npc's as well as several of my own original characters across multiple storylines/sites.

I actually found a few character sheets recently which prompted me to dive back in to rp communities and I landed here

Oh man.. I think i roughly rp'd before I even knew what rping was, on places like fantage, habbo, and gaia online.

but once I actually knew what it was, I primarily focused on Quotev, lol. Quotev was the first site where I really just.. nosedived into rping.

I saw Xanga and squealed a little! It's where I first started coding and it was a lot of fun!

That said, before I came to RpNation, I was an avid roleplayer on crunchyroll (whooosh, this was so long ago!). Anime, manga, oh my!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back