Other What's your infodump subject?

The history of food and cooking. On that, I may keep talking until you're ready to eat something yourself.

First and foremost, How To Train Your Dragon. It is my all time favorite movie franchise, and I can talk FOREVER about it. To build off that, just dragons in general! Though I don't know quite as much about all different kinds of dragons, I still know a lot.

Second, books! Ask me about the book I'm reading. I WILL give you a full, in depth, spoiler filled review. An analysis of the plot and characters. Which characters need to die so the plot can move on. What needs to happen for the characters to get stuff done. I can do this for a few shows as well, but not to the same extent.

Lastly, all the stories I come up with! Yes, most of them are HTTYD fanfiction, but I can still talk for ages about my characters and my ideas! Though, with this, I get slightly annoyed when people don't give me feedback. So... be warned :P

I got one that I forgot about for a while. My hatred for spicey foods and why it’s unnatural.

The spice from things like peppers and chili’s are actually toxin defenses that the peppers developed so they WOULD NOT be eaten.

IMG_2108.png

You can find all kinds of articles for it. It’s legit a toxin BURNING YOUR MOUTH!!!! and causing heat flash. Sweating and other affects meant for the toxin to deter you. That’s why you face gets warm and your tongue burns and you sweat! ITS NOT NATURAL! yet some people decided “oh I like this imma eat it” and some poeple going so far as eating it every day ruining their taste buds for spice and needing to raise up the heat until they can no longer taste heat. It becomes an unhealthy competition to who can eat the hottest food which isnt good for the gut. Yes heat clears out the system but too much of it can BURN especially when you need to use the bathroom which is a clear sign that it’s not good

All in all I hate hate hate hate hate spicey food which is why I refuse to eat anything spice

most topics relating to plants or birds, for sure. my understanding isn't as in-depth as i'd like, but i've read up enough to agonize my loved ones on a regular basis

Greek mythology ANYTHING all the way. Stories related to it, books based on it, the myths themselves, I will be a total nerd about it for hours if you let me.

Also the various book series that have captured my interest and why I think the love interest is the greatest thing since sliced bread. (It's a problem.)

Military history in general; from the wars and battles themselves, to the strategies employed, and from the technology of weaponry through the years, to the diplomacy pre-war and post-war. Though the time period I find most interesting is from The Great War* (WW1), through the Victorian Era, and back to the Napoleonic Wars.

Most of the knowledge I have has been accrued overtime from simple interest, so while it's certainly imperfect, I could spew a near endless stream of facts if you let me.

*(As well as the years following the armistice, as conflict and border disputes did not end with the Versailles treaty.)

I got one that I forgot about for a while. My hatred for spicey foods and why it’s unnatural.

The spice from things like peppers and chili’s are actually toxin defenses that the peppers developed so they WOULD NOT be eaten.

You can find all kinds of articles for it. It’s legit a toxin BURNING YOUR MOUTH!!!! and causing heat flash. Sweating and other affects meant for the toxin to deter you. That’s why you face gets warm and your tongue burns and you sweat! ITS NOT NATURAL! yet some people decided “oh I like this imma eat it” and some poeple going so far as eating it every day ruining their taste buds for spice and needing to raise up the heat until they can no longer taste heat. It becomes an unhealthy competition to who can eat the hottest food which isnt good for the gut. Yes heat clears out the system but too much of it can BURN especially when you need to use the bathroom which is a clear sign that it’s not good

All in all I hate hate hate hate hate spicey food which is why I refuse to eat anything spice
I feel personally attacked 😝

(Yes, I love spice.)

View attachment 1111860

Oh, you think spicy food is bad, just wait til you see the gargantuan amount of hoops we need to jump through just to eat chocolate, lol. There's a reason it's toxic to everything but us. Humans have always been determined to eat stuff we aren't supposed to, so eating spicy foods is pretty much par for the course.

Oh, you think spicy food is bad, just wait til you see the gargantuan amount of hoops we need to jump through just to eat chocolate, lol. There's a reason it's toxic to everything but us. Humans have always been determined to eat stuff we aren't supposed to, so eating spicy foods is pretty much par for the course.
if nothing else, humanity thrives on innovating ways to eat what we're probably not supposed to eat. there are so many plants that aren't remotely edible, or even outright deadly, unless you follow a long list of steps in precise order. some of them are pretty common, even! it's great

Strange and bizarre plants. I find them utterly fascinating to read about. Especially the Corpse Lily. Flowers are so wonderfully weird.

Oof...it's hard to pick just one.

History before the 18th century. The clothing, customs, lifestyles...all of it.
Food - recipes, their history, how they evolved...the theories on how we became the only animal species to purposefully burn our food over a fire before cooking it and how it quite possibly led us to be the technologically advanced species we are.
Weather - how different clouds form in the sky and what specific circumstances have to happen to make them, or to make weather. Which relates, in a weird way, to my fascination with space.
Birds and their different calls, or, heck, animals in general. I love them.
Why it's important to dance, even if you don't dance well.

What can i say? I'm an ADHD nerd who just info dumped about info dumping. LOL.

I have to be in the mood, but I could kill to have a buddy who I could talk about speculative engineering to for hours and hours. Of fairly diverse types... My two favorites probably being speculative bioengineering and armed fighting vehicles. I have so many ideas, years ago I used to talk my parents heads off for hours about the intricacies of tank and armored car and warship designs.

I have to be in the mood, but I could kill to have a buddy who I could talk about speculative engineering to for hours and hours. Of fairly diverse types... My two favorites probably being speculative bioengineering and armed fighting vehicles. I have so many ideas, years ago I used to talk my parents heads off for hours about the intricacies of tank and armored car and warship designs.
I may not know much but I’m curious to know if you have anything on space ships?

I may not know much but I’m curious to know if you have anything on space ships?
I know... I would like to say an above average amount about spaceships, but not like, an overwhelmingly huge amount. Space physics are, well, complicated and while I understand alot of things in principle, I dont have the math brain to actually evaluate astrophysics practically. I will say though that I do know enough about how astrophysics works to know when other people have it completely wrong. Tons of people seem to have very odd conceptions of how space travel, and especially relativistic travel, works.

As far as spaceships themselves go... I would like to say that I understand the general principles that guide feasible design, and I know a good amount about different propulsion methods and their drawbacks. I wouldn't feel altogether confident in my ability to personally design a realistic spaceship though, so when I make spaceships its mostly just soft sci-fi stuff that has only limited grounding in real-world engineering.

i could talk about my favorite band for hours. they're not all that popular, though, so thankfully for everyone around me, i don't get to talk about them too often. i also love the tv show lost. did you know people misconstrued the ending and said that every character had been dead the whole time? yeah, that wasn't true. the showrunners confirmed it wasn't true. it's stated in the ending episode that everything was real. just a fun little fact.

Mountains. Survival stories. Survival stories ON mountains.
The importance of genetics and ethical breeding in dogs.

What subject do you love so much that, if given the chance, you would infodump to anyone who will listen?

For me, I could talk about space, sharks, and literature tropes for a long, long time. Did you know greenland sharks can live for hundreds of years? Did you know that, if you were to get near enough to a black hole, you would undergo what scientists call "spaghettification", in which the gravitational pull becomes so strong that your body is stretched more and more until you are simply a string of protons and neutrons? Edgar Allen Poe's The Black Cat is a wonderful example of the unreliable narrator, and also the "hang yourself on your own gallows" trope.

multidisciplinary fields let alone in association with my personal interests. Some writing also kind of coincides with that in the way of machinery and material science. But there is casual bits like music such as talking about sabaton.
Artificial intelligence, how it would actually work and function based on the design of the brain involved, and the body such as a mainframe computer. Currently, and because I gave up on correcting people, view these as automatons/multi-tools/assistants/narrow intelligences.

Synthetic intelligence, which since normies apparently thought AI equals fake this apparently meant that one needed another man-made concept. My theories as well as concrete findings would be easily transferable between one or the other. Unless someone messes it up again, this refers to sentient and sapient/general entities. Either one is also about the various different designs of brain, module techniques if used, hardcoding and programming, as well as the general architecture/frameworks and parts like semiconductors needed.

Robotics, both the I guess "hard" technique like the old 1980s pneumatic pistons like a terminator, and more realistic soft robotics like mckibben muscles. Especially how important in intellectual design bodies would be for the concept. Such as my concepts of plastidoll with silicone skin layers or skin-cells for skin layer, biomechanical/synths/synthetics of varying degrees and how it'd affect mental development, military-level redundancy to continue operation in hazardous or cataclysmic scenarios, and other vitals like human-machine interactions and recycling which would be of higher precedent in design regardless even if isolated.

Certain computer technology like neuromorphic chips, quantum computers, and theoretical hybrid designs like analogue - digital computers or modules acting like entire part of brain combined into each other to act as a figurative super computer.

Varying levels of neurology and biomimicry which is kind of needed to get closer to figuring out how to do the above right, which also kind of helps figuring out humanity itself. Kind of useful when stuck in an environment with people that make up stuff that doesn't exist. Also the hybrid processes of hybrid processes that allow us to exist, develop minds, and be beyond primitive ferals are kind of interesting as well.

I can also use music or drawings to visualize things while still aware, so I can stare at a picture like all the randomness in signalis and just straight up invent entire storylines surrounding it for personal entertainment. I was able to use this interpretation system to indirectly get someone to buy the mentioned thing above which I kind of find interesting. I was basically just looking at some non-story-game art of Vineta I found cool and shared with them and explained the psychology and such of it, and the funny shaped clouds to write up a story and they really seemed into it despite thinking the art piece was a critical bit of game lore.

I also like going off about 3D printing, CNC milling, SLS printing, and their powders, resins, and filaments. I keep seeing people make stuff up about how weak and useless it is, or more compy shilling and it annoys me greatly when I can DIY my own equivalents of what apparently cannot be done. It might as well be akin to some random dude trying to explain to you how an entire culture works despite only visiting for five minutes.

I also like obscurity and history of WWI, - WWII. I can explain off entire segments about ships, tanks, how they respond in different thresholds and criteria like damage to the elements, and I like mentally toying with the idea of role expansions and how else something could be used without being bad at it. Tended to use it for story purposes but since things like RPs never survive long enough I gave up and relegated it to personal writings. In terms of other history, I am kind of interested in things like human tolerance let alone in combat, Gurkhas, things that would seem like awful writing or a superhero story when it actually happened, and the Anarchist Ukrainian Army "The black army" is something I am quite interested in looking at from time to time.

I don't know alot of material science, but I do know mixtures, concrete types, some alloys, and the more interesting aspects of nuclear weaponry. Which I tend to use and reference alot. Especially if a fearmongerer is involved spewing off nonsense again.

I like going off for hours on end sci-fi concepts let alone in films, and trying to realistify it using existing knowledge. An example I have is the second renaissance where I see alot of people squirming about the nuking scene, which is actually quite realistic considering various factors like the display of deep underground facilities, of which only something around 510 meters down is needed to endure a nuclear bunker buster let alone how many facilities were presented for 01, knowledge in the hardening of technological components, and my only gripes with it being how weak metal machines are when in reality they'd operate off of "Either weaker than you and cannot achieve the job, or stronger than you and pretending to be at a lower level", how 0.4-0.5 inches can handle a few shots of 5.56 depending on the materials like certain Titanium Alloys, and how thin robotic plates in a humanoid of 5'7 can be made up to even without overlapping plate technique of up to 0.7 at the bare minimum, how the legs and such would on a smaller unit actually be larger just to fit the motors in alone. Also apparently people thinking the squiddies were meant as combat units when they are only displayed as engineering and scout support units, but is possible like in reality where post-war the armor like the combat harvesters were removed. (Also how there are different ways, frequencies/types, and strengths of EMP which could still fry the same unit regardless whereas based on many factors including range would be weaker on the same unit somewhere else.) It is an entire ordeal. Though a bigger humanoid, at a maximum of 8'3 otherwise the ground pressure would be too intense to handle it, power it, and the room constraints are generally crap above this, could handle well above an inch and a half of specialized plating which could take several shots of 12.7mm to the same location without immediately shattering or being penetrated, would be a better, faster to mass produce, design, and act as a psychological, morale, commanding, and propaganda peiece all at once without sacrificing practicality. But I can understand that some surviving designs like a harv needed to be introduced somewhere and the symbolic (let us shed our humanity) gag. Though you could house quantum computers and act as a server farm with such a unit and abhorrently wreck human technologies, coordinate attacks and drones, and use every available human and machine tech piece emitting external signals as a hearing and eye piece to win a war. Another recurrent problem is how 01 gets the materials to keep up a war effort even with how cheaper and easy it would be to make the same body type like a harvester over and over again, and ignores all the metal and plastic scattered in the rivers, seas, oceans, deserts, etc. Also how machines could act like Sherman tanks, where anything less of burning it out would allow field repairs, and hull breaks, shatters, and failures would require a factory to fix. Which would allow a continuously evolving, marching, and growing army. Basically when sapient or somehow good-enough "general" intelligences are involved, most besides the strictest of logistical rules don't matter. Also if components keep functioning, but the minds are wiped and thus this somehow keeps it from operating, all you would have to do duplicate yourself into it and replace anything missing even though it'd probably be berserk.

Kind of interested in education and how it run, budgeting, actually functional "walking" / "15 minute" city designs, and progressional activities and organizations. But this isn't really abnormal considering my regular tendencies. But it tends to outrage me when I can figure out detailed solutions to something and realize it won't ever be implemented for cartoony reasons.

The rest of time not trying to refine the above or learn new things like a polymath is just me messing around and deconstructing random concepts or what I view as funny. Kind of like that whole: "The moon is infested with arachnids, but the rain is the rain yet somehow at the same times is sometimes interdimensional webway portal space creatures that use clouds disguised as birds for transport, that thinks the earth lays in a crater in the super moon and the sun is a mirror, but yet at the same time however the sky is rock and space lasers are teleporting our minds to new planets. Did I also mention the whole earth is hollow thing but it is actually a portal to the surface of Mars but it is actually in a different solar system reigned by reptilians and I don't know how rainbows work?" That tends to be the funniest highlights on a slow bored day when I am not researching, trying to make things, casual viewing of things like youtube or reading, writing, or archiving research studies from researchgate, sciencedirect, and nature onto a server. The saddest thing is the DIY Sylvie project from New Zealand. They figured out how to make a indefinitely stabilized/balanced on one leg stepper motor humanoid, and then suddenly like their youtube channel they just randomly got nuked. I cannot even rediscover them on the wayback machine. So we kind of lost one of the far more successful DIY designs that outpaced companies. Big oof.

For me the things I like to infodump on are:

Mythology

Books

psychology

And any fact I found interesting to the point I deep dived into it

Plants in general, ways to garden, etc. especially regarding hydroponics!! They're so cool and I love talking about them.

Plants in general, ways to garden, etc. especially regarding hydroponics!! They're so cool and I love talking about them.
Did you know there’s a fungi called “dead man’s fingers”? Because it looks like fingers rising off of where ever

Cannibalism for love. Always. In any sort. Especially sapphic 🫶

Users who are viewing this thread

Back