Other What’s your “cringey” interest?

Swords.

And Medieval regalia in general. I can't get enough of the stuff. Unfortunately, that tends to get me hit with the "Shh! Let people enjoy things" when I see unrealistic swords/swordplay on the television.

I have a horrible obsession with self-insert/oc fanfiction. It's my guilty pleasure.

Online roleplaying and reading fanfiction are probably at the top of the list, lol.

Then again, playing Roblox is up there too I’m sure.

I have another one to add: I really really enjoy this one ridiculous podcast called hello from the magic tavern. It's not something I would introduce to other people in real life, (so many embarrassing innuendoes. xD) but it's definitely a guilty pleasure. It's honestly super ridiculous but it's funny and gets me through the day.

One that comes to mind is fairy tales. I've been fascinated with them since I was a kid, and especially since I discovered the original, non-bowdlerized versions. I actually recognize hundreds (maybe even thousands) of fairy tales, way beyond the ones that everyone knows. I've read fairy tales from every single inhabited continent. The stories do get a bit repetitive after a while, since many cultures have different variants of the same stories (for example, there are Cinderella variants all over the world).

honestly, the most "cringy" thing that I'm into is probably online RP. Maybe painting miniatures, as well. But that hobby has stalled in recent years. I have a low-grade obsession with goblins, too.

For me, its the "Straight guy becomes curious" plot. It just appeals a lot to me. Another cringey interest that comes to mind is the "Senpai noticed me".​

uhhhh. . does reading fanfiction every night before bed count? if not, i 'unno. i guess playing tomodachi life more frequently than going outside.

• Reading Fanfiction
  • Reading smut
  • Ecchi Harem Anime
  • NSFW Steam games
  • NSFW RPs (Off-site obviously, and never advertised on this site)
  • Reality TV Show Meme edits
  • CoD Meme edits
  • Answering wild questions on Quora
  • Watching Movies with terrible critical reviews
  • Romance Novels (Which is especially surprising to people since I'm a 24 year old straight black dude)
  • Furry Art is pretty freaking good

• Reading Fanfiction
  • Reading smut
  • Ecchi Harem Anime
  • NSFW Steam games
  • NSFW RPs (Off-site obviously, and never advertised on this site)
  • Reality TV Show Meme edits
  • CoD Meme edits
  • Answering wild questions on Quora
  • Watching Movies with terrible critical reviews
  • Romance Novels (Which is especially surprising to people since I'm a 24 year old straight black dude)
  • Furry Art is pretty freaking good
Yo, you ever hear of Katawa Shoujo? It's NFSW, but man it's a really damn good visual novel!

Legos, legos are my cringey interest. And I know I'm an adult but I don't care they're fun to build with.

Well, if Legos are cringey, then, I suppose that I’m cringe as well. I love Legos! <3

I wholeheartedly agree that they’re so much fun to build and it’s such a cool way to visualize imaginary places - I usually like building cities.

ASMR.

I know it's probably the easiest one I can think of. I don't know why I'm really into it. No, not the borderline-ero kind. While I'm not against it if done tastefully, I am more talking about the actual ASMR. The tapping on wood, foam soap slowly de-foaming itself on the mic, simulating the purring of a cat, inaudible sounds. That's the kind of ASMR I find interesting.

Honestly, I think all my life I've subconsciously been into the nature of "tingling sensations". I used to drag a chain over my forehead slowly and I love that feeling when a finger goes very slowly horizontally across my forehead. Honestly, tingly sensations in general are right up my alley.

Otome games (Nix Hydra, goddamn, it's their fault XD)
Captain future (does anyone still know the show? Yeah. Big fan.)
...is Star Trek considered cringey? Or just nerdy?
Uhh... mentioned that on another thread before but, Tarot?
Plus, I guess, my undying love for tiny food magnets. Idk they're hilarious xD

Okay...bare with me.

Professional wrestling.

Yes. It's fake. Yes, it's stupid. But there are very few forms of entertainment like it. There's no other medium where the line between reality and fiction is so blurred, and at times nonexistent. Not to mention the insane amount of athleticism and skill required to not only pull off thedr moves, but to do them without hurting the other guy in the ring.

I've been obsessively watching documentaries, old matches, learning the lingo, etc. Pro wrestling is a hole you just can't crawl out of.

I was just about to say professional wrestling.
Its stupid a whole lot but sometimes you get kickass shit from it, mankind vs the undertaker,
The shit rey mysterio did back in the day,
Danhausen as a character/gimmick is amazing,
MJF as a heel is damn great...

Also I guess writing fiction online with strangers.

I was just about to say professional wrestling.
Its stupid a whole lot but sometimes you get kickass shit from it, mankind vs the undertaker,
The shit rey mysterio did back in the day,
Danhausen as a character/gimmick is amazing,
MJF as a heel is damn great...

Also I guess writing fiction online with strangers.
Actually very recently watched a Mick Foley documentary! Guy was fucking insane and absolutely, for me anyways, in the top 5 in terms of greatest of all time. The abuse he endured for the business is just unreal

Mick was something special, and as far as I know he's also the nicest guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back