Other What’s your “cringey” interest?

My cringey interest is definitely Minecraft. That might nor seem bad, but in my area everyone is like, "What the shit you still play Minecraft?? What are you 7??" And honestly it is a bit weird for a 24 year old to be playing a game like that still. Rip me 😂

I like to write short romantic story about my friends and there bf or gf. I don't know why but it makes me happy. I'm single btw (not tryin to get a gf anytime soon). One time my friend the one about him and his gf though. Thankfully he liked it and still has it.

Collecting dakimakura (or anime body pillows). I'm sure it can't get much cringier than that!

Not sure if it's actually 'cringey' or not but I kind of just go out of my way to watch random
documentaries, doesn't matter what they're about. I just find them interesting and I feel
like they help me learn more about the world.

Not sure if this is "cringey" per se, but I'm obsessed with the Soviet Union. Well, really, communism in general. I'm not one of those people who thinks it is evil either as I have studied the theory for about half my lifetime now.

I'd say my cringe interest is the fact that I'm part of the furry community. Bad eggs give everybody a bad wrap, but I just want squishy paws and like drawing fluffy things.

I think one interest I have that may be considered 'cringey' is my interest in Disney. While many people agree it's a fine idea to enjoy classic cartoons and other entertainment, some may consider it childish or unsuitable for someone who is no longer a child. I don't think there is any shame in finding comfort in the things of our youth; we are all nostalgic from time to time.

Mmm, cringiest interest is probably playing otome games. Kinda hard to market playing games to romance anime men as not cringe, lol.

Well for me it is roleplaying. I also still really like Hetalia. And I also enjoy writing self-insert stories and having "mary sue" OCs. Look, I just like to indulge every now and again ahaha! I also started getting back into Twilight, and yes one of my new self indulgent stories is kind of based off of it. I feel like I'm 12 again ahahah!!

I also really like collecting stuffed animals still, but I guess that's become "trendy", but I remember being like 15 and my ex-friends tearing me a new one because I had so many. I still have my stuffed animals though, and just recently my mom got me a big tub full of beanie babies!

Forum rps

Love for anime

Undertale

Drawing furries

Collecting outfits to cosplay my OCs

Love for LGBTQ relationships (some might think it is, some might not, just depends on the person)

And something that can be double or triple cringey, (it's anime, some weebs think it's cringey, and if ya think LGBTQ is cringe, yea) I read bl (I don't really like girl anime characters that much ;-; bl is my supplier)

I'm not sure if it is exactly cringey, per se, especially as I am not an obsessive, creepoid pervert about them, but one of my guilty pleasures is otome/visual novel games. I'm a sucker for them, although some are definitely better than others and there are definitely some that I actively avoid or don't care for. It's definitely an interest that can warrant some side-eyes from people who are familiar with what they are, but I don't really care. LOL

Given I describe online roleplay as "collaborative writing" (which is ultimately is, especially as a multi-para/novella rp'er), I haven't really come across people who find it cringey or strange. But I'm sure some out there might.

In my experience, the people who screech about cringe and spew hate when it comes to hobbies tend to secretly be into or curious about it themselves but are too insecure to admit it. I remember some kid in high school 'hijacked' my laptop while I went to the bathroom and got some food to write guro roleplay posts on my account. Fortunately, my friends knew it wasn't me and just deleted them and we laughed about it later. He was the same kid who once went by the anime and choir club hybrid table and tried to make fun of us, asking if we watched hentai. I just responded with a smile and told him, "No. Do you?" He went bright red, was completely humiliated, and ran off. The fact that he even wrote and would bring up guro (which I didn't even know what it was and had to google it at the time!) and hentai means he was into it. He was just projecting his insecurities about his fetishes and interests onto us and tried to make fun of us for it. Far more telling about him than us. It was pretty sad when it wasn't funny.

Mood, lmao. I'm following one AU for a series I'm into and I'm more excited to get notifications that it got updated than I am to see my own work got kudos.
My friend is very good at finding good fanfic. They sent me two Danganronpa fanfics that were both hilarious and really wholesome which was something I really needed after crying my eyes out

My friend is very good at finding good fanfic. They sent me two Danganronpa fanfics that were both hilarious and really wholesome which was something I really needed after crying my eyes out
I usually just scroll through whatever tags on Fanfiction and A03 saving the ones that I like only to forget about the rest.

Edge and angst. Just get in the real, dark bullshit that's bordering on "ok that's a bit much" and "damn that's metal"

I love cringey stuff! I really like visual novels although some people call it cringe. The ones I read are mystery/thriller/gripping plot, anyways.

I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate from this but my one gringe interest would be shipping skeleton brothers in love pairings or alternate versions of the same skeleton in a relationship and watch them blush and cuddle... UNDERTALE AU SHIPS.

It's hard to say! I like a lot of things that the internet has deemed as "cringey" but I know the word itself is pretty subjective. Man, I could make a whole list.
Off the top of my head I can say:
  • anime (even the "bad ones")
  • five nights at freddies... creepy pasta.. that sort of genre of horror
  • minecraft (and minecraft roleplays smh, yes even The Big One)
  • vocaloid
  • and of course, roleplaying and ocs
    • some of my ocs are just me in a different hat or font, honestly.
    • i like to ship canon x oc sometimes too LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back